Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    It's great to see a new episode :)
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    acanaday wrote: »
    Do any of you have a suggestion for a new episode? Preferably something we haven't covered yet? I was thinking about doing one on education.

I'd love to hear one about art tests. Would just love to know what people think about them.

Some people hate them because you basically have to do hard work for the company, in your spare time in addition to your regular job, only to get rejected nonetheless. Other people love them because they feel it allows them to shine, which goes beyond what a resume and a portfolio can show.

I keep hearing different takes on the issue.
  • acanaday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great suggestions! I'll schedule the next one and put this stuff in the queue.
  • the_Adri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I took a video game design course from David Sears at Dawson College. He's a really cool and awesome guy.I wish I can find my notebook.
  • acanaday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone! It's been a while - but here is my last episode!
    http://gim.acanaday.com/?p=238

It's been great having you all as listeners over the years. As I explain in the podcast, it's been awesome bumping into listeners and hearing how the episodes have helped. It really means a lot to me.

This episode is all about crowdfunding! I'm going through the process myself - and I can honestly say it's more of a struggle than I thought it would be! Hopefully you can all gain a bit of insight and strategies before jumping in head first on this stuff. Speaking of jumping in head first - My project is a non-profit called Treefort Academy, a company I'm starting to deliver high-quality and free educational games to kids. Please check our our campaign - it's a great cause and has potential to really change how educational games are made: http://igg.me/at/treefortacademy/x/11890887
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome! It has been a while. Still remember the nostalgic gingle. I used to listen to these way before I knew how to do 3d.