Home General Discussion

Mass Effect 2

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    alright, good. whew. Imma keep playing, and i'll TRY to stay out of this thread, but make sure no spoilrerzz!111
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Put your hands up in the air for some Talilove solidarity. \o/ If Ash gets pissed in ME3 I'll gladly shoot her.

anyway, concerning the last character OHSHIT SPOILER ALERT
    Legion doesn't explain why he/they chose the armor. He said he was looking for Shepard Commander, but he has no data available to explain why he uses Shepard's old armor. I think this is very important, it seems the Geth are starting to develop some sense of emotion, since as Miranda said, an emotionless machine would not pick up anything as a trophy or even as a sign of something.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    mass effect crashed everytime i fight that flying BUG! cry cry cry

* but ah nvm,. i just pass it, this game is really2 huge ... i cant believe human made this game alone ..... lol! better upcoming final fantasy can compete with this ...!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Plus, I think the game made it pretty gosh darn clear that ME3 would be out "in about a year" :p
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    in a year? really?
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Entity wrote: »
    in a year? really?
    SHOULD BE AN EXPANSION PACK!! BOYCOTT!!!!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Well, the game makes no mistake of throwing MASS EFFECT 3!!! KEEP YOUR SAVES!!! THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOW FOR THE NEXT ONE!!! Every time I load the game, but more than that, every plot device seems to have the "in a year" connection, too... I lost count at how SPECIFIC Edi was at telling me every chance she got that the
    IFF thing would take around a year, and that it would be ready then.

Plus, unline ME1, ME2 and ME3 were made side by side. So its not at all unlikely to think that a year later, ME3 would come out. As long as they fix the inventory issues of the second one, it should be spot on, to be fair...
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Mass Effect 2 audio dialog sound cuts out at random during most conversations. Totally takes me out of the experience not to mention having to play with lame subs on.

Other then that everything has been improved SO much over ME1. Combat being the biggest and best upgrade by far. Visuals, party members are all awesome to boot.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone else wonder why they didn't make it possible to create a custom character where you could select what choices you made in mass effect 1?

I made the total opposite choice everytime of what was used in ME2. (Didn't kill wrex, saved council, killed ashley etc etc). Apparently they had a system for it in QA... so yeah... WHAT GIVES!?
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Autocon wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 audio dialog sound cuts out at random during most conversations. Totally takes me out of the experience not to mention having to play with lame subs on.

The only time I noticed it cut out is the battle between
    Samara and her daughter

Kinda dissapointed with w/ the dialogue of
    Ashley / Kadien on my Renegade play through, their dialogue is pretty much the same, whether you killed either from ME1. Going to see whats different with wrex dead this time around too
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Does anyone know if, when importing a ME1 character, you get the full paragon/renegade points you collected during your completed playthrough before starting a new game and getting a fresh start?

I have a character I want to run through ME2, but I restarted the game and was wondering if my renegade bar from the finished playthrough will count, or if it's gone for good unless I play to the end again.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    you get bonus Paragon/Renegade points at the beginning of the game if you import a ME1 character but it's only a few percent.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Btw, your paragon/renegade does not carry over on your 2nd play through in ME2
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjTuSQNLI4[/ame]

spoiler warning , but this is very funny!
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha you miss so much great stuff by being Paragon.

I wish I could be bad in videogames. I guess I'll just watch youtube videos.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    played my way through the first.. its awesome ! not sure why I never played it when it came out. got 2nd on steam last night and its ready to go when I get home .

Yay !
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i rembered not liking mass effect 1 that much but i decided to give 2 a try any way cause i had a few extra dollars aroun, got it on steam and was instantly hooked, all around fun experience.

beat it in like 30 hours, lost 3 crew members tho :(

so i decided to go back an give mass effect 1 a chance again, and i think
    this is a fine example of trimming the fat from a bloated game to make it much better,

the inventory stuff and omni gel junk in 1 was a cluster fuck, driving the boring mobile was.. boring.

sure the planet scanning is pretty dull in me2, i really have no idea why that was done, at least make planet scanning some kinda fun mini game,, maybe like a dig dug like clone now its just boring moving your mouse around.

i am not sure i'll be able to struggle thru me1, but i give me2 very many thumbs up
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahahaha.. yeah I didnt like the mobile much.. you couldnt damage it in anyway even driving it off sheer drps and it tumbled around. then at the end of the game you fly through the conduit in the damn thing and its totalled when it tumbles over.

What I want to know is if I go back and make my ME1 character lvl 60 does that translate to better character in ME2 ?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Beat it last night, 35 hours, did every mission, level 27 at the end. No one died.

Amazing game.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wooot home time !! just got to remember to slip the sleeping pill into the wifes tea hahaha
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    roosterMAP wrote: »
    seems im the only one who thought Tali was awsome...?

I really liked Tali, Garrus was also a favourite of mine. Miranda was good for the comically blatant tits and ass shots.

Potential spoiler!!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOIcSB1IEdg[/ame]

if you import you ME1 character you get bonus money and resources, plus additional Paragon/Renegade points. I'd highly recommend doing it as it adds a whole extra level of depth to the game when your decisions in the past game have a little more gravity.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    3 play throughs so far here. It's really quite impressive how many alternate paths open up based on either ME1 char import, renegade paragon choices.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm about half-way through right now ( i think) and it's a vastly improved/addictive game, but I'm really curious about some of alterante paths from the first game. I've got pt1 on 360 but 2 on pc so I can't carry over my character and it's driving me crazy that the council I saved is now dead and everybody's all anti-human. Is this part of the game different depending on if you saved them, or did humanity just come into power some other way? (or would starting a new game have a different narrative altogether?)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woot for double post

free post count bump
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    played it for like 4 hours last night, fantastic, it looks super pritty .. ironic the first played like poop on my PC crashing every hour or so.

alot smoother in terms of combat mechanics but it feels very consoley..

The storyline fits with how I played ME1 which is a bonus.

I only lost that human dude in ME1.. didnt like him anyways.. theres only room for one human dude
  • ae.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I've been following the news, nice to see that Kasumi went out of beta and is releasing on time. :P (soz couldn't resist the reference, too much Portal recently)

Can't wait. I'm not gonna watch the videos though, I don't wanna spoil it.
  • piippo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome game. Imported my paragon soldier from ME1. Combat is streamlined - which I like, but the drastic decrease in weapon selection was bit of a let down. Played ME2 with Vanguard, took some 30hours or so. I did all possible side-missions.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am sooo loving this game, its got some downsides but I dont seem to care, just went to see Wrex.. my favourite character from ME1.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FREE FIREWALKER DLC OUT

GO GO DOWNLOAD NOW
  • bejkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bejkon polygon
    What do you think the counter is for?

http://www.bioware.com/
  • piippo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No idea about the counter, my secret wish is that Dragon Age 2 is coming this fall, so maybe it's an announcement for that ;) Very unlikely.

Finished the Firewalker DLC missions, they were nice - short, but that's expected from free DLC. It was nice to return to ME2 and mess around again. Kasumi DLC looks nice based on the trailer too.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Isn't Bioware working on a MMO?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Yes. Star Wars: The Old Republic. http://www.swtor.com/news

don't know how many people have seen this but:
    http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/
    in case you've missed the ingame daily news. has in-universe comments too.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I finally got my hands on ME2. And I am stuck on Urdnot Ruins. Because of a bug.

On one of the waves of Verren, one of them does not "die". So I am stuck. I did a mission re-start and it happens. I start before I go into the tunnels and it happens. The same thing happened a couple times before in the game and the solution was to freeze the "dead" enemy and do a lift then a repulse and send it flying out of the level, then eventually it will die. Or keep doing lifts and push it over an edge.

So this time I do a freeze/lift and Grunts knockback and it flies out the level, and I guess it lands safely on some geometry on the other side of the ridge.

I only have one save spot used and so if it doesn't work when I change my party members (I have Jacob and Grunt), I gotta restart the fucking game. Which I am not too happy about... 4th playthrough of this level and it's been 100% so far.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    strange I never had that problem, is this grunts rite of passage segment ?
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness wrote: »
    strange I never had that problem, is this grunts rite of passage segment ?
    Yeah, it's that part. Just sucks. Gonna boot it back up after dinner and see what happens.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dude dont you have like earlier saves you can go to ?
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the autosave and the save I made when I landed. I can just not do the rite of passage mission and fly off, but...
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    might be an idea fly off do something else and come back
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I figured out why it happens very often: I have lift (or a similar power), freeze bullets and a concussion shot mapped so I can just bang out orders. So usually when a target is frozen, they break with a shot, but not all the time if you do lift,concussion/pull with a freeze. Going between all 3 of these as fast as I do must not allow it to trigger death, or puts the enemy in a state of "death" with full health.

I input the commands in less than 1/8th of a second. And they all hit the target at roughly the same time. Also, has greater chance of happening if one of the enemies happens to be in the blast radius with minimal armor. Not sure how, but the ice takes away the last bit of armor, the lift kicks in and they freeze in mid air but don't break.

So after figuring this out, I can have one or more dudes "dead" with full health. Which sucks because you're in the heat of battle, and one of the achievements is to do multiple tech damage abilities...
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Hello ancient thread! sorry to bump this but I just completed mass effect 2 for the first time and I loved the game but emotionally I'm a little disappointed in the narrative flow/crew relationship side of things. I made some really good choices and often did what I thought was the most right thing to do regardless of my own ambitions and you know what - the game screwed me over! all the characters I cared about hated me and a lot of my crew died in the end scene as a result.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    my main problem started when miranda argued with jack about the cerberus child testing facilities and it sounded like miranda was ever so slightly in the wrong so I wanted to tell both of them to grow up and work this out but I had to take sides as that is all the game offered and from then on both jack and miranda were not friendly. then I helped tali and did the right thing for her and her society but she wouldn't accept I was right so she hated me too.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't that a good thing? Believable characters with individuality make the world a richer place compared to old RPGs where you could get away with damn near anything short of a shot to the face.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    dfacto wrote: »
    Isn't that a good thing? Believable characters with individuality make the world a richer place compared to old RPGs where you could get away with damn near anything short of a shot to the face.

Yeah I totally appreciate that, but wouldn't you think that if you do what you think is right you will be rewarded in some way, not punished by a realistic but uncaring result. Maybe the game designers wanted people who act selfless to end up alone and unliked by a lot of people just like in the real world?
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Some people are evil, they won't like you for doing the right thing ;). I never had the problem you're speaking of in ME2 but I did have it in Dragon age. Whenever I did something good that big guy called Sven or whatever got pissed off and gave me some annoying comment. Same goes for the rest, they either appreciated or disliked my choices. I eventually switched Sven, Sten or whatever he's called from my team and only picked the ones that fit me better(both personality and battle-effectiveness).
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Only Jack died with me, cos she was the only one who lost my loyaly.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    The morality system in Bioware games is too black and white, adding a neutral/I don't give a shit option would be great. I loved that in the Witcher games.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's there, it just isn't measured like Paragon/Renegade is. Every situation is ME2 has a neutral option, you just don't get anything for it (makes sense).

Only time Bioware has really made you pick sides is towards the end of Dragon Age 2, which was admittedly a nice departure from form.