• Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demand update!
  • muppet man
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    muppet man polycounter lvl 10
    Lookin' good Sparky! I love the little babies in the orbs! It'd be cool for your beauty shot to have one of those little dudes closer to the camera. My only crit is there seems to be a lot of skulls. Maybe if there were evil faces mixed in instead of all skulls. Just my $.02. Badass concept as always, bro.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Just wanted to post a little update to what I am doing ( yes I am still slowly working along:) ) I have most of the weapon and baby done, though I still need to tweak here and there, along with having the main characters base done. Thanks for all the awesome replies as it is really keeping me motivated, and any further critiques are appreciated.

Spark
    Weapon
    sceptor_layout.jpg
    Baby
    baby_layout.jpg
    Basemesh
    void_layout.jpg
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    the weapon and baby are absolutely stunning.
    The basemesh for your character doesn't quite have the imposing figure that was portrayed in the concept, I think I was expecting his torso to be much wider and the tentacles a little slimmer depth-wise.

Very much looking forward to your character sculpt if you pull off the same level of quality of your others. No doubt.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Damn bro, thats hot.

That staff rocks so hard, reminds me of all the kickass organics in DOOM 3 and RoE. Baby nutsack is the scariest thing in this comp hands down.

I love it!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah I agree with razorbladder, except I think the basemesh needs to look taller and more regal like the concept, he looks a bit squat like hes 2 thirds snaky thing and 1 third person whereas the concept made it look like he was mostly person shaped with snaky things coming out the bottom
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    yup I've got the same feeling as Ged..
    From the concept,I thought he was standing with some sfx and immaterial stuffs going on .. not that he was crawling..
    Apart from the vertebraes which look a bit "soft" the sculpt is pretty damn good!( but it's not suprising wink.gif )
    can't wait to see his sister.. (brother?)
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    cool stuff, i like the staff so far, as for the model w.i.p its missing something from the concept, and i agree with the points made above, theres also something weird going on with the jaw...but im not sure.

still, cant wait to see more, this is going to kick ass wink.gif
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    haha, the most ugliest baby i have ever seen! In that pose it looks like it want to pee on someone. wink.gif The weapon is looking also great, i dont know whats that around the skull but its looking disgusting.
    The basemesh is nice but he seems kinda small with the head being big.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    man that baby is so full of win smile.gif
    awesome work man.

same feeling about the basemesh, to me it may be coming from the head being a tad too big for the body to look as imposing as in your concept.
  • stalsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the weapon, baby, and basemesh are all looking really good! Looks like I'm toast! ;]
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey guy's, thanks for the comments as yeah now I am seeing it more with you all pointing it out. I will go back into the base and make him taller and the snake legs smaller, along wtih tweaking down the head in zbrush. I will post up something soon to show the changes, and hopefully get closer to the concept. Thanks again for all the critiques guys!

Spark
  • foreverendering
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foreverendering polycounter lvl 12
    Sculpts are looking great! your attention to detail is excellent.

Glad to hear you'll be revisiting the proportions of the character. It's a solid start, now with a few tweaks it will match the concept
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    well what shall i say, i agree with the ciritcs and have to say that this is some nasty looking shit

great work, waiting for more
  • Ian_Joyner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome work man! that baby is creepy as heck, and I love the staff thing...

nice work!
  • Red Republik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey brett. i agree with peoples' opinions about your base mesh. i also think that some i am being thrown off by the fact that the movement in your sketch was what really caught my eye, and seeing this in the base pose, it feels so static. so i will look past comments about the pose. i will say that i think the skulls by his feet are too large and throw off the scale. it makes it look like he is smaller than a human
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    I really hope you will be able to translate the smoke well into geometry ... for polycount!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    hey spark! this stuff is super inspiring;) i myself have never touched zbrush til this dom war and am having a blast. i do have a couple questions for you or anyone else who might read this. is it best to subdivide the maya basemesh before taking it into zbrush? i am importing in pieces of armor at a time and when i divide it in zbrush, my lo poly sharp edges are being rounded out, thus completely changing the shape. another question i have is it wise to normal map cards? i have armor pieces that are essentially cards that you will pretty much only see one side of. i want to sculpt filagree into them. again, they are fairly lo poly so when i take them into zbrush and divide, it changes the shape. in any case, if you have any suggestions, thanks ahead of time! maybe you could also comment on my thread so i get ur response...thx again!
  • onelung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelung polycounter lvl 18
    nice work man! good to see you still busting on it... only thing.. no demonic umbilical chord?! haha!
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn thats real brilliant work man!

but yea.. agreed about the size of the skulls at the base. really screw up the scale
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, nice work on the baby(thing), but I got to say, I'm not digging his hands.
    Looks like the anatomy is wrong. Fingers are the wrong length (yes even if is is on purpose) it doesn't really sell well with me. It would work better if say, the pinky was way out of place.
    Especially the thumb, looks too long and flattened, almost like you scaled it and it kind of got squished. Also it seems like its broken and bend backwards too much.

I love the sculpt, but imo this is dragging it down a bit. The rest of the stuff, looking very slick.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey guys, here is the reworked basemesh, and thanks for all the great support and critiques, as they really are helping me.

void_newlayout.jpg
    RazorBladder: Thanks, and yeah I went back and tried adding some of the features in my concept to the basemesh.
    Asmuel: smile.gif I do love Doom, and did work on ROE so maybe it's still in me:X
    Ged:Good point, and made him alot taller, with the snakes coming out alot lower.
    Kakikukeko: Yeah, I would like to do the snakes as a FX, but I want to have smoke with lifeforce behind him, so I want those to stick out some. ( Hopefully it will work )
    JFletcher: Haha, yeah I am so sketchy in how I draw, it makes it hard for me get the model right.
    Davision3D: I still plan on tweaking the baby, just doesn't feel right, the thing around the skull is the embryo sack.
    Vahl: Haha, thanks man I hope:) I shrunk the head down some, along with beefing up the body a bit closer to the concept, so hopefully that feels better.
    Stalsby: Thanks:)
    Foreverendering: Let me know if the tweaked base looks closer?
    SEKNeox: Preciate the comment.
    Ian_Joyner: Thanks my friend, means alot coming from you.
    Red Republik: Let me know what you think of the new base, I made the T pose a little more dramatic, and shrunk the skulls down to help the scale, so hopefully this is better.
    Katzeimsack: Hahah you and me both:P
    Slosh: Thanks, for hard surfaces, add extra loops near the edges that you want sharp, and that should help. But you do not need to make that object high in polys to work correctly. I only have one side to alot of my pieces as well ( as zbrush pulls the mesh through to the other side unless you mask ) so that is fine, just try those extra edges and let me know if that helped.
    Onelung: Haha, the umbilical cord is coming!
    Indian_Boy: Thanks, the scale should..and I say should lightly:) be better now.
    Pestibug: Thanks, the hands of the baby you mean? Yeah they aren't fleshed out as I plan on going back to that or completely redoing it, but I have to remember that he will be in sack with 50% transparency so not sure how much he will be seen. But I will try those things you suggested, thankyou.

Spark
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah thats more like it smile.gif the side view looks like hes very unbalanced but Im guessing you know that.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    That's looking hot. Keep it comming.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh yea the scale if MUCH better now lol.
    but have him/it/her leaning back a bit... she looks like shes propping herself up against a glass wall as she started to fall or something

can't wait to see the sculpting =D
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    not enough skulls.

Nah, i'm a big fan of your work, looking forward to progress.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    I like that you’re basemesh is posed, I think I’m going to try that with mine too.
    It might look more balanced if you had the lower half (below the chain belt) curving forward a bit, dunno.
    Awesome basmesh btw!
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Here is a little update on the zbrush head that I got some time on, as we spent sometime on baby things (getting really close:X)
    Ged: Yeah, this is just the basemesh, so in the final the pose won't be leaning so much.
    Xaltar: Thanks, will do.
    Indian_boy: Glad you like it better, and it's suppossed to be a boy!
    SupRore: Haha, can you have enough skulls? Thanks!
    Jaco: Thanks, and if it keeps bothering people I will play with the mesh in z to move it some.
    Thanks for looking guys, and hope you like the update.

Spark void_head_layout.jpg
  • WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, great detail. I like the groves on the top of the teeth.
  • ashleyjukes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Brett! Your model is looking awesome, can't wait to see more!
  • tacit math
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tacit math polycounter lvl 17
    wow. that's awesome man. love the cloth / leather elements
  • stalsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's some wicked shit! The new base mesh was a great improvement from the last! very nice work teach! Hopefully I can get my model normal mapped and ready for diff,spec,opac,and so on! Oh and possibly a height map! If I can figure that shit out! lol
  • coldkodiak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldkodiak polycounter lvl 17
    hawt. very.

You have a lot of seperate elements to this model though, I'm guessing you have a plan on how to fit this all optimally on a 2048.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    OK, now I'm going to go cry in the corner, I was hoping to make top 50 this year but it seems the bar went up a whole lot since last year.

Awesome sculpting as always Spark. Good to see you are finding time to work on this.

Having a kid is a lot of work but also very rewarding. I barely find an hour a day to do anything other than sleep hehe. Still, you are going to be too happy to care wink.gif

Good luck.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
  • jibowski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jibowski polycounter lvl 11
  • kakikukeko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    and hope you like the update.

[/ QUOTE ]
    uhh .. yes sir! cool.gif
    super nice detail and really close from your concept! very well done! can't wait to see more smile.gif
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Very impressive. Neat how the cut around the eye continues into the skull cap design. Really creepy already, exciting to see it come together smile.gif
  • onelung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onelung polycounter lvl 18
    .............. ummm... crap. awesome per usual.
  • Vidar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vidar polycounter lvl 17
    Looking awesome Spark!

Just a thought for your final pose, I think he would look more imposing if you let his arms hang down the sides rather than lifted up in that manner. smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t

kp forgot the "t"

its bloody awesome man!
  • Aldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, pretty awesome stuff.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Just another quick update to show, hope you guys like the direction I am taking this guy.

Spark

void_update.jpg
    WickedFingers: Glad you like them:)
    AshleyJukes: Thank you, and glad to see you still working on your piece:) It's looking great!
    Tacit Math / Stalsby / ColdKodiak : Thanks guy's, and yeah Kodiak
    Xaltar: Preciate that man, and yeah I am sure I will be.
    Cody / Rollin / jibowski: Thanks!
    kakikukeko: Yeah, still need to add more details:)
    SekNeox / Conte / Kary / Onelung / KP / Indin_boy / Aldo : Means alot, thanks for the kudos:)
    Vidar: Yeah this is just the base pose that I am still playing with, and for the final I will really concentrate on the pose.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I would not want to wake up laying next to that after a long night of drinking.....Shit thats creepy stuff...

Can't wait for more...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Love it, and by flip it is creeepy.

Are you still going for the claws from the original concept, or something more like this:

221965413_f8244c6bb6_m.jpg

"Two girls with green eyes?"
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looking at the concept i guess he could be a bit skinnier, right now he is looking very fit, i thought of something more skinny.
    but you're doing a pretty damn good job on this one, love the detailling