Home General Discussion

Bugs! We got 'em!

Replies

• R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    When editing the signature, it wont show up <font color> tags in the html view, and wont show as WYSWYG

Even though it'll correctly display on normal posts
    Also the size is wrong in the preview.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D said:
    When editing the signature, it wont show up <font color> tags in the html view, and wont show as WYSWYG
    Sorry about that. Known issue though, # 18 in the list.
  • fuzzzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz polycounter lvl 5
    Hey guys, I just took few minutes to check and double check what could I do to fix
    20. Smilies/emoji force a line break. See the heart above. It should be inline instead.

i didn't know before i visit this page the bug was reported, or even if it was just me only who get such of error.

Line 14327 in Style.css

Yes quite easy to fix that one, "inline" or "inline-block" do the job. :D

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, fixed the emoji!
  • fuzzzzzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fuzzzzzz polycounter lvl 5
    it was fast !
    Thank you Eric :p

EDIT : Hey i noticed now that when an image is displayed right after an emoji,
    There is no margin to prevent the smiley to collide with the image.
    like here :

this would fix it : <3

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, these default smilies will be replaced soon-ish with the classic Polycount set.
  • mediochrea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mediochrea polycounter lvl 10
    Not sure if it's a Vanilla thing (or already reported, for that matter), but there's some inconsistency about how ctrl+ actions behave in the reply form on Firefox. Ctrl+backspace works as it should (deletes the last word), but ctrl+direction arrows don't: right/left should move the cursor to the beginning of the previous word, but instead it acts like home/end buttons, moving the cursor to the beginning of the current line. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.
    Edit:
    While we're talking Firefox, there are some icons/layout elements missing/displaced as well.

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, yeah FF is a bit wonky. At least, I see the offset + on the greentooth "awesome" button.

But the sign-in page looks normal to me. Firefox 48.0.2 on Windows 8.1.

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    On my Nexus 5 in chrome, I used to be able to click on links in the notifications dropdown. Now it simply closes the dropdown and doesn't follow links. I want to say it started around a week ago, maybe a bit more.

It isn't a huge deal, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem too?
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    On my 1920x1080 screens, I like to snap polycount into one half of it, to maximize my use of space.

But lately it gives me problems, because the searchbar has been forced down to a second line. This causes problems when I open up my notifications; it makes me unable to click the first notification in the list, since it's right above the search bar. If the thread title is particularly long and hangs over to a second line as well, that part of it, that's hanging beneath the search bar, is clickable. But most threads aren't so long.

Here's an image showing the issue:

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Both of these are probably the result of me forcing the Moar menu to draw on top of Notifications. Sorry about this. I'll try to fix these at some point in the next week.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    Sometimes when I quote someone and try to respond, it won't let me get out of their quote bubble. No matter how many times I hit return, I'm still in their quote box.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sometimes when I quote someone and try to respond, it won't let me get out of their quote bubble. No matter how many times I hit return, I'm still in their quote box.
    I think this is the backspace bug. If you quote someone, start typing, then backspace your text, you'll end up inside the quote block with no way out again.

If you're ok with using a little html code, you can click the </> button, add <br> after the quote, then click </> again to continue editing. That adds a new line below the quote.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can use colored text in your posts and in your signatures. There are two ways to do this:
    1. Use the A button.
    2. Or, use the </> button.

The A button should be used AFTER inserting the link. If you color it first then link, it won't color the text, that's a bug (reported!).
    Link first, then color!

The </> html editing button gives you more control, and more colors (see the full list below).
    The html code for colored text looks like this:
    <span class="post-color-aqua">colored text</span>

Or if you want a colored link, nest the < span > inside the < a > like this:
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://polycount.com"><span class="post-color-green">polycount</span></a>

Here are the allowed colors:
    post-color-aqua and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-black and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-blue and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-fuchsia and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-gray and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-green and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-lime and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-maroon and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-navy and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-olive and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-orange and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-purple and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-red and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-silver and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-teal and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-white and this is how it looks in bold
    post-color-yellow and this is how it looks in bold
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I may go thru and tone some of those colors down though. I don't know about you guys, but I find the colors to be really distracting when used in signatures. Really takes away from the content of the posts.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update to the forum layout. Got rid of the big space in threads, below the OP. Should be a bit easier to use, not as much scrolling required.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerfed the signature/post text colors. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some users' avatars have gone missing today. We are looking into this and will try to get a fix out asap.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Quote button on posts seems to have completely disappeared on every page except page 1.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow wtf is that all about? Looking into it, thanks AtticusMars.
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I just came in to say it's been a while the Quote button is gone.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vanilla support is aware of this and looking into it. Sorry about the wait.

In the meantime you can still manually make Quotes. Select the text, use the Format button,  choose Quote.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Not sure if this was already reported, but I think there is an issue with the badges. I noticed that I reached some stats that would give you one and I haven't got it. Then I checked some other people who should have get it or them and they still haven't... So I think unless I misunderstand how do they work, there is something wrong with them.

I didn't read through all the comments here so as I mentioned, this might be reported already.

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you give me a bit more info about which badges?
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure. The 25+ one. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK yep you should be getting one. Can you send me some stats about your system? Feel free to use a PM. Which OS, which browser, browser plugins (ad blockers, script blockers, etc.).
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure.  It need to be noted that I'm not the only one, I checked some other people as well, some of them are way above me with this, and they also haven't got them. I don't know about all of them but I know about a few.

Anyways, I'm using opera browser, ad block, and win10.
    Let me know if I could help more.
     Thx!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could you please try disabling Adblock on the Polycount domain, then logging out of Polycount and logging back in?

We've seen this fix another issue where peoples' ranks were not being updated. Somehow adblockers were preventing our backend from updating the user data.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah. When I reached the 25 I was posting from a computer that did not have ad block. Currently I'm far from my computer in an another country on my vacation so I'm not sure if this is the case. I'll try doing that when I got home.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It shouldn't matter which device you're logging in from. As long as adblockers aren't getting in the way.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you please confirm, cause I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. So you are saying that if there is no ad block - on all , or some of those devices, and\or when you reach the level up or whaverer thing, or when does this occurs? Cause on my computer I use ad block  and I got the previous badges and other stuff correctly , with ad block enabled. But when I reached this one, I was logged in and posting from a computer\browser that didn't have ad blockat all. Thx.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As I understand it, badges and ranks are awarded after you visit Polycount and log in. It doesn't matter which device you do this on. As long as you come back on a device that isn't blocking things. Could be a PC, a phone, an internet TV, whatever.

If you are currently on Polycount and your account increments from 24 +'s to 25, then you should get that badge the next time you visit Polycount.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried to log out and in again on this computer that doesn't have the ad block and nothing happened, just like when I reached it (I logged in-out back then as well) so I think this one is not related to ad block. Though as I mentioned there are some guys with like 40 pluses or so and they also haven't got them. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK. Thanks for checking. I'll log this as a bug and see if we can get it resolved. Thanks again!
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I think I mentioned the badges thing on the badges discussion thread. Something happened on the 28th of September IIRC because there have been no badges of any kind awarded since then, and I even think you had to manually assign someone a 5 post badge.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Has something been changed recently to make image loading time out faster? I've noticed it on both my home and work PC. Over the last week or so, I've been needing to refresh pages several times to get all of the images to load correctly instead of broken image links.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not that I know of. Can you point to a particular thread or page? Also it would help to Inspect and check the console for errors.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It happens wherever there are a lot of images, but here's an example of a page where it occurred. Load the page - got a few images, reload, got the rest. I don't have the best of connections, but this isn't something I've seen happen elsewhere, and Polycount seems to give up on loading quite quickly  
    http://polycount.com/discussion/174047/summer-character-workshop-the-baker/p2
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That page has 18mb of PNG files. But it shouldn't just bail.

Are you running Chrome? When you come across a page that stops loading images, right click and choose Inspect. Go to the Console tab, and copy/paste any error messages you find.

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Obscura
    I think I've fixed the 25 +'s badge, it should automatically be assigned now. Let me know if you didn't get it.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    @Obscura 
    I think I've fixed the 25 +'s badge, it should automatically be assigned now. Let me know if you didn't get it.
    Nope, only you and lotet have 25+ badges still. I tried to log out and then back in to see if it would trigger anything. It is all the badges though, many users with more than 5 greentooth plusses, but don't have that badge either.
    For example more than 39 plusses, but earned fairly recently has no 5+ or 25+ badge
    http://polycount.com/profile/discussions/Zocky

I see one user has earned the 5+ badge today probably around the same time you made whatever tweak to fix, but there is obviously a bug holding shit up, that was introduced in September.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that's a bitch. Sorry about that. We could award them manually if it came to that, but I'd like to get to the bottom of the problem. It would be unmanageable to have to manually award everything.

It might also be that the database hasn't periodically refreshed yet, since I just made a change to the + badge settings.

I'm reporting this to Vanilla to escalate a solution. I'll let you all know what I find.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Signature preview on the signature edit page doesn't accurately reflect the final result.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I just did a quick check, and got no badges and looks like 8 plusses, so if you are suppose to get one at 5, it didn't happen.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep @r3d none of the previews work properly. That's because Vanilla hard-coded the CSS into their preview HTML, so we can't override :( This is one of the reasons we want to move to an open source version of Vanilla and host it ourselves, so we would have full code control. We'll get there, it will just take some time.

Badge assignments have been logged as a bug, Vanilla has confirmed and is investigating.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OK, you should all be getting the appropriate 5+ or 25+ badges now, as soon as you visit Polycount today. If you don't see it, please let me know.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @McGreed
    I see you have none yet, but should. Please try using http: instead of https, see if that changes things. If not, I'll need your config details again... hardware, browser, browser plugins, etc.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's the errors I'm getting. I suspect this means that there's something funky with my settings somewhere.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Steve. If I google ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR I get a few possible fixes. Techdows looks like a good one. Have you tried any of these ideas?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Okay, I'll try again when I get home, because you never know what might interfere when using company network with websense.
    EDIT: Heh, still at work, but I just posted something with someones name and it actually gave me the badge Name Dropper, though I don't have the 5 plus one yet. :)