Home Quixel Megascans

SUITE 2.0 status update!

Replies

• illbleed
    Offline / Send Message
    illbleed polycounter lvl 6
    Illbleed: Did you try downloading Suite 2 from Quixel.se?
    Yeah, im downloading it now but its going reallyyy slow. I might reset my modem and see if that fixes the issue.
  • Cyph3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    If I already have 1.8 installed, what's the best way to update to 2.0? 
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I would uninstall 1.8, grab 2.0 from Quixel.se, and install fresh. But that's me, and that's how I like to do things. :wink:
  • Cyph3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    I would uninstall 1.8, grab 2.0 from Quixel.se, and install fresh. But that's me, and that's how I like to do things. :wink:
    That's what i wanted to do, but here's a stupid question... How do I uninstall 1.8? It's not showing up in my programs and features list on Windows?
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    alekseypindrus polycounter lvl 8
    Cyph3r, I don't have 1.8 installed right now but go to installation folder, on Windows it's usually something like C:/Users/Public/Quixel
    There will be an uninstaller, use it and then delete Quixel folder manually.

• Cyph3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    Cyph3r, I don't have 1.8 installed right now but go to installation folder, on Windows it's usually something like C:/Users/Public/Quixel
    There will be an uninstaller, use it and then delete Quixel folder manually.

Bang on!

• Darren Pinard
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    I have the same question as a lot of people here, do I need to buy the entire Quixel 2.0 suite to get the half I'm missing?

I'd happily buy the new DDo, already owning and thankful for the Ndo upgrade, but it feels weird to pay for the entire package when I already have part of it. 

Cheers guys!
    Thanks for the update.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard, of course you don't need to buy full suite to get DDO only.
    Login, click «Buy» button and you are ready to go:

UPD: My bad, the only option available is full Quixel suite. Really? Not nice.
    Change UI or make NDO/DDO separate shop positions.
  • myclay
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    oh that is a huge disappointment.  :( 

it seems that you should give a warning out about not full compatibility with Photoshop CS3,CS4 and CS5.

also 2 Month ago Quixel said under the Quixel SUITE 2.0 Revealed video on youtube*,  it would be compatible...
    *Link here;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugVuyCXjss

• SkyGround
    Offline / Send Message
    SkyGround polycounter lvl 11
    It was very promissing. But now it just don't work properly - losing assigned ID map ( is it possible to assigned without creating new project? ), 3DO stops displaing normal, work MUCH slower than  in all videos ( and this is just 1 mesh with signle UV, While SB Painter I worked with 5 meshes ), Wacom tablet stop properly work in 3do navigation and etc
    I can use it on some stuff like props or vehicle with single UV, but not more. I cant imagine how I can make textures for character with 4-5 UVs, 4k each.
     C'mon guys, this is not seriously. 
  • Cyph3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    Unfortunately I've also got complaints. 

when I create a new project, using a .obj, ID map, normal map, object space map and ambient occlusion, I get a warning message about unknown data that I can either discard or flatten? The exact message is:

"This document contains unknown data which will be discarded to keep layers editable. To preserve the original appearance instead, choose Flatten to load composite data as a flattened image."

I've no idea what this means or if this is causing my next issue (I doubt it, I've tried clicking both "Keep Layers" and "Flatten" and I get the same result). Which leads me on to my next issue:

When I create a smart material, either from the ddo window, or from within 3do and shift+clicking.

1. It will not create folders for the materials like 1.8 did
    2. even worse, it doesn't generate the normals, roughness or metallic maps for these materials, only the albedo.

These files work fine in 1.8, so I'm certain that it's 2.0.

I guess it's back to Substance. 

• alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    SkyGround, don't get me wrong [I like Substance too] but «not seriously» is posting something like you did without any technical info.
    Be a little bit more precise so they can find bugs and squash them.
    OS/PS version, RAM/CPU/GPU, SSD or HDD, GPU driver version, polygon count of model?

On my side I have only 8 gigs and with Tor Frick's model [Petrol project, 96K polygons] system used around 4 gigs of RAM.
    ~1,2 gigs for 3DO2, ~2 gigs for PS, ~100 megs for Quixel main process. Without any editing, just opened project with baked maps.
    Dunno how much GPU RAM were used.

The only two things I can propose:
    • first — do you use 32 bit Photoshop? If so, try 64 bit.
    • second - check how much RAM process is eating, maybe it uses all your RAM already and start using swap file so everything is slowing down. Many folks have swap file disabled, it's not always a good thing, check that too.

If it's not the case, then Quixel should do some work and they need your info for that.

• SkyGround
    Offline / Send Message
    SkyGround polycounter lvl 11
    Alexey, you got me wrong
    1) I don't like Substance, it provides worse result in more time.
    2) It is pointless to provide such info because - that happens on 3 DIFFERENT machines, on Difirrent models ( lowpolys under 50k) 
    3) You JUST opened that project and what? This is pointlees to saying about "just opening" project.
    No offence, just info.

My main PC is 16 GM ram, I7, GTX 760, SSD CrucialM550. Quixel with PSх64 using just about 3-4 Gigs on model that I tested in 2.0

I like Quixel, I'm using it a lot in my work. 2.0 is better then 1.8. Engines profiles and 3dpainter are great.   But it's very unsteable and could be much more faster.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    BUYING SEPARATE NDO/DDO LICENSES [ANSWERED BY QUIXEL]:
    In a few days, NDO and DDO will be available for individual purchase. Please check back in a few days.

WEATHERING MATERIALS MISSED [ANSWERED BY QUIXEL]:

The old 1.8 weathering materials are gone temporarily but we will add an improved such category in 2.0 shortly.

SkyGround, it was just an example using a freely available model so you could try it yourself and compare results.
    So it's probably not a RAM related problem. As far as I can tell, first patch is almost already here, maybe your problems will gone.

myclay, here's some for you too. I asked them if old Photoshop versions are FULLY supported, here's an answer:

Yes, but the multi-normal feature is unfortunately not possible with very old versions of Photoshop. All other features, including 3D painting, works all down to CS3.
  • myclay
    Online / Send Message
    alekseypindrus said:
    myclay, here's some for you too. I asked them if old Photoshop versions are FULLY supported, here's an answer:
    Yes, but the multi-normal feature is unfortunately not possible with very old versions of Photoshop. All other features, including 3D painting, works all down to CS3.
    thank you for the information, I was going from their official website and youtube posting which suggests that everything would work.

• alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    myclay, I can understand you, it should be written somewhere on main Quixel page with a big red letters.
    That's something you want to know before buying software.
    On the other hand, there's not so much folks with PS older than CS6 I think. And other functions are working.

• Sythen
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    I have the same question as a lot of people here, do I need to buy the entire Quixel 2.0 suite to get the half I'm missing?

I'd happily buy the new DDo, already owning and thankful for the Ndo upgrade, but it feels weird to pay for the entire package when I already have part of it. 

Cheers guys!
    Thanks for the update.
    Hey Darren, over the next few days we'll be enabling individual purchases of NDO or DDO available. Hold tight!

myclay said:
    oh that is a huge disappointment.  :( 

it seems that you should give a warning out about not full compatibility with Photoshop CS3,CS4 and CS5.

also 2 Month ago Quixel said under the Quixel SUITE 2.0 Revealed video on youtube*,  it would be compatible...
    *Link here;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ugVuyCXjss

Very sorry to see you're having this issue. I've pinged Teddy to get some assistance with this.
    Update: I've been informed the multi-normal feature is the only feature that is incompatible with older versions of Photoshop, all other features of Suite 2 including 3D painting are supported all the way down to CS3.

• Tri_Harder
    Offline / Send Message
    Tri_Harder polycounter lvl 9
    So far I've run into some serious issues on 2 separate PC's. My home PC (which is my main for current gen work) simply BSOD's after I click Create. I usually gets stuck at the Baking screen and never gets beyond that so I can't even begin to work. My Work PC will not load a 3d model when I click the "Mesh" button. It simply gives a crash log with the message "The Suite has crashed. Restarting." it also gives a an error message that states "Assimp.AssimpException: Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp64.dll, see inner exception for details." If I simply create a project with out loading a model, the Suite runs fine and it will let me Re Import a Model but the model will no longer be synced with the loaded textures which results in me working with an unsynced project. Of note, I've not run into these issues with 1.8 or even Substance Painter (Though painter has been running slow since the last update from Oct). I'm more concerned with fixing the BSOD's, I've run several memory test and nothing came up, I also checked the HDD for bad sectors and everything was fine. Any help would be appreciated.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tri_Harder, maybe GPU driver problems. Here's how to check:
    • go to your system settings, on Windows 8.1 it's: System → Advanced system sestings → Advanced → Startup and recovery;
    • your settings should look like that, choose «small memory dump» and system event logging;

• make your system do BSOD again;
    • use BlueScreenView to see what's causing BSOD.

Optionally you can see same info here: Computer management → Event viewer → Windows logs → System.
    Right panel: Filter current log → check «critical».

• Tri_Harder
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm on Win 7 for both PC's could that be an issue??
  • VascoGDM
    Offline / Send Message
    VascoGDM null
    Thank you so much for the release!!
    Really happy because I fly on holiday in a few days and this will give me a few days of fun before that.
    Unfortunately I am having a problem I've seen others have. My email isn't linked to the licenses.
    I've emailed, just thought, I would post here too... Im just... really eager... 
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tri_Harder, I don't think so. But steps are the same, check it out.
    BTW, as I can see Assimp64.dll is a «C# .NET Wrapper for the Open Asset Import Library».
    Do you have .NET framework installed? Which version?

VascoGDM, better to post it in their Facebook group.

• Tri_Harder
    Offline / Send Message
    Net Framework64 versions: v2.0.50727 v3.0 v3.5 v4.0.30319 Net Framework Versions: v1.0.3705 v1.1.4322 v2.0.50727 v3.0 v3.5 v4.0.30319 These are all on my Work PC. Once I get home I can check the minidump files on my home PC.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tri_Harder, I posted your message in Quixel facebook group. Will repost their answer here.
  • Tri_Harder
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanx AlekseyPindrus.
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tri_Harder, :)
    I am tagging Sameer here who might have an idea for the Assimp error. One thing he could try is to untoggle the Bake in 3DO checkboxes, and see if this resolves the BSOD. Then we know what is causing it!
  • VascoGDM
    Offline / Send Message
    VascoGDM null
    Thanks for the suggestion AlekseyPindrus, I'll try there now.
  • Prime8
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    Happy to see that the update is out already.
    I would like to know recommendations for each input map, like format, padding, anti-aliasing etc.
    If I see it correctly none of the new examples is using any padding.
    It would be good to know if there is a negative impact for having gradients in the tangent normal, caused by single smoothing groups, or if we should better keep it as flat as possible, resulting in more hard edges.
  • myclay
    Online / Send Message
    Sythen said:
    Very sorry to see you're having this issue. I've pinged Teddy to get some assistance with this.
    Update: I've been informed the multi-normal feature is the only feature that is incompatible with older versions of Photoshop, all other features of Suite 2 including 3D painting are supported all the way down to CS3.

Hello Sythen,
    thank you for asking Teddy and for the clarification.
    Is 3D Painting with NDO2 possible without the Multi-normal feature and if not, could it be added?
  • dorodo
    Offline / Send Message
    dorodo polycounter lvl 3
    Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but do you plan on releasing Megascans by the end of the year?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's highly unlikely that Megascans will be ready by the end of the year, I'm sorry to say. We have a lot of work left to do with the Suite before we move on to Megascans as our primary focus again. :smile: 
  • dorodo
    Offline / Send Message
    dorodo polycounter lvl 3
    No worries! Thanks for keeping us updated in any case!
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If anything changes, I promise you guys will find out ASAP! :smiley: 
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    I Have a bug with "ndo painter mode" in "multi Normal". I'm using the 30days demo version of the last 2.0.1 with photoshop CC 2015.0.0 x64.
    I do exactly the same as the "Workflow Primer video", but when i'm painting with white brush to add details on the normalmap, nothing happens. I got the low poly model with the normal map loaded on it, the 3D windows open and all the brush option ok, but nothing happens when i paint. (all opacity etc are ok).
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    versan, if I got you right you need to press SHIFT+SPACE to apply any normals you've painted. Try it out.
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    Nop, nothing happens. While painting, nothing appear on the mask.
    however, no problem when painting directly in photoshop view. brush is just not active in the ndo 3D view.

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Can you see the brush, Versan? Sometimes it's rather small on the screen and needs to be enlarged. I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question but I've had this happen to a few people already and wanted to check. :smile: 
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    yes, i see it. With B and right clic i've enlarged it at full size to be sure.
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    That's my bad. I used a FBX that it's apparently not supported. I use an obj instead and it works now.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Ah, I see. Thanks for reporting that. Could you e-mail your mesh to sameer@quixel.se and bergsman@quixel.se and let them know that the mesh you worked with was unsupported by the Suite? They'll get it sorted out. :smile: 

• versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    Before do that, you need to know that is a exported mesh from fallout 4 (both obj and fbx). So i don't know if it's ok with some kind of legaly thing if i e-mail to your tech ?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's a question I'm unable to answer, but Teddy should know - his e-mail is bergsman@quixel.se - so don't hesitate to ask to make sure! :smile: 

• versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    Okay, i do that ;)
  • odigames
    Offline / Send Message
    odigames null
    Maybe a stupid question but what if I paint my model in Quixel Suite with one of your (great) materials can I still sell that model on turbosquid.com for example or is that not allowed?
  • repete
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    odigames said:
    Maybe a stupid question but what if I paint my model in Quixel Suite with one of your (great) materials can I still sell that model on turbosquid.com for example or is that not allowed?
    The Indie, Hobby & Freelancer license allows independent artists (Modders, Hobbyists, Freelancers and Indie developers alike) to unrestrictedly sell products textured using Quixel SUITE 2.0.
  • dzibarik
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    This is a bit stupid question but does DDO Painter support UNDO? I'm pressing ctrl-z and alt ctrl z to no effect.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It does, but it's disabled by default to improve performance for 8k painting. At the top right of the 3DO window, there is a dropdown menu called Performance. Click that and enable undo. :smile: 

I'm locking this topic as new users will find problems easier in separate threads.
This discussion has been closed.