Home Quixel Megascans

SUITE 2.0 status update!

Replies

• NinjaJoehenes48
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NinjaJoehenes48 polycounter lvl 4
    Hi Ninja!

Pre-ordering 2.0 Does not give you access to 1.8 since we want 2.0 user to start from a clean slate!
    But since I guess you want that 30% discount you can contact Cyra@quixel.se and ask her to extend the trial period for 1.8 since you intend to buy 2.0.

2.0 is the same as 1.8 but uptadet, so If you know 1.8 you will be able to learn 2.0 very fast :) Plus there is a bunch of tutorial videos coming out soon!

Ok thank you very much! :)
  • QuackMaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it out yet?

:poly108:
  • SekethThoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was told that 2.0 would be out before my trial would end (6 more days) I hope it is released in less than 6 days! :D XD
  • QuiX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, are their any plans for the support of Pixars RenderMan RIS or is their a collab-profile for it, I could use in the mean time.
  • QuackMaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is it out yet? :D
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    it is not out yet ! But be a little more patient guys, The Wait will be worth it !
  • antihero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure wrote: »
    it is not out yet ! But be a little more patient guys, The Wait will be worth it !
    Same thing I heard 6 months, 12 months, 18 months ago. Only reason I paid for it was because you guys said people people who bought it before beta ended would have access to Megascans beta (supposed to start after Quixel Suite beta ended) and later, Megascans. The point was, if we bought it then we'd get megascans with it, not as some separate fee. People were obviously deceived and said so in the forums, and you guys never took responsibility for that.
  • loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    antihero wrote: »
    Same thing I heard 6 months, 12 months, 18 months ago. Only reason I paid for it was because you guys said people people who bought it before beta ended would have access to Megascans beta (supposed to start after Quixel Suite beta ended) and later, Megascans. The point was, if we bought it then we'd get megascans with it, not as some separate fee. People were obviously deceived and said so in the forums, and you guys never took responsibility for that.
    give this man a cookie!
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    As you might have read in the following thread here.
    Beta invites will be given out soon. Check out that thread to have a chance to test out the current version. You guys will notice how far along it is.
  • Pizdos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pizdos triangle
    As you might have read in the following thread here.
    Beta invites will be given out soon. Check out that thread to have a chance to test out the current version. You guys will notice how far along it is.

Is this coming this year? No offence but.. is almost end of the year and no Megascans??
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    Pizdos wrote: »
    Is this coming this year? No offence but.. is almost end of the year and no Megascans??

Please refer to the post I've left on the new thread.
  • Louhikarme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Louhikarme polycounter lvl 4
    Prime8 wrote: »
    It's really easy to bake a colour map in Blender.
    1. For BI
    - apply a standard material to your high poly with the colour ID value as diffuse colour (of course you can use multiple materials per object)
    - bake "texture" from your high to low poly

2. For Cycle
    - apply a material to your high poly with either diffuse, gloss or emit shader, the color ID value as colour (of course you can use multiple materials per object)
    - bake "diffuse", "gloss" or "emit colour" from your high to low poly

I prefer to uses cycles because you can easily bake other maps with it as well, without changing the materials, just by using the different shaders.

Thank you, Yes, you could do it in blender. however, if i'm baking all other maps required by quixel with xnormal, there is no reason to do this in blender. also having everything exported to xnormal i can hit bake and come back with all the maps i need.
  • QuackMaster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh the waiting is killing me.

Pre-ordered 2.0 - watched the videos - this looks so awesome

Can't wait to integrate this into my work flow. :thumbup:
  • kommtdas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi eric : Is Quixel 2 a update or a new software??? buy it again??
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    kommtdas wrote: »
    hi eric : Is Quixel 2 a update or a new software??? buy it again??

if you already own Quixel 1.8 you are good to go, Quixel 2.0 will be a free update for you !

*edit*

ps. i know im not eric, but i thought i might answer anyway :p
  • DarkStar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    are there any new videos coming in soon?
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    DarkStar wrote: »
    are there any new videos coming in soon?

i have no idea :) but i can try to ask for you!
  • DarkStar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, it would be great to see some more features and exemples of the tools. :)
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    okay, i have an answer for you.
    We will be releasing more videos! We have a release video in the making, as well as a workflow primer covering all the new features, and many smaller video tutorials covering individual features.
  • Nazzareno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nazzareno polycounter lvl 5
    I was told that the release date it will be pretty soon, am I right? I can't wait to try it out :D
    I already preordered 2.0, but tis there any chance to get a beta invitation?
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    Nazzareno wrote: »
    I was told that the release date it will be pretty soon, am I right? I can't wait to try it out :D
    I already preordered 2.0, but tis there any chance to get a beta invitation?
    For now there are no more beta invites. Sorry

Let's just see how the next weeks go ;)
  • Nazzareno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nazzareno polycounter lvl 5
    For now there are no more beta invites. Sorry

Let's just see how the next weeks go ;)

Ok :)
    Can't wait to see 2.0 live!
  • zeeshannasir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zeeshannasir polycounter lvl 4
    Never really tried Quixel Suite before. Just bought 2.0 - I hope its not hard! :(
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    Never really tried Quixel Suite before. Just bought 2.0 - I hope its not hard! :(

Awesome !

And it most definitely is not ! :) If you have any questions though, we will do our best to help you out!
  • sgtkoolaid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
    I am hurting so badly to start using 2.0 lol. So close yet so far i can taste it lol. 2.0 is going to be so vital to the hover bike I am completing for a promo trailer for our Cyberpunk Game project. Thankfully I have a good 6 weeks or so til I need to be finished with everything. but ugh.....the eagerness to use 2.0 is almost palpable. :P So come on guys chop chop, daddy want a new set of shoes! :P
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Rest assured, sgtkoolaid! We're working on it as fast as we can. :)
  • JamesTKirk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesTKirk polycounter lvl 8
    New suite looks absolutely stunning. But will there be symmetry painting?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's on the map!
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    Hi Quixel team,
    is the SUITE 2.0 compatible with Photoshop CS3?
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    myclay wrote: »
    Hi Quixel team,
    is the SUITE 2.0 compatible with Photoshop CS3?

Yes SUITE 2.0 will be compatible with Photoshop CS3 !
  • myclay
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    myclay polycounter lvl 10
    Pleasure

thank you for the information :)
  • megamawman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megamawman polycounter lvl 4
    Can't wait for this update! But take your time of course. Quality over quantity. I am interested to see how your new painter and baker will compare to Allegorithmic's painter and baker.

The one problem/advantage that I see with Quixel is the fact that you guys are tied to Photoshop while Allegorithmic uses their own dedicated program. Imo, Quixel Suite would be better off as a seperate program but have an easy to use solution for opening all of the maps in photoshop. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, I can't wait to see Quixel 2.0.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes SUITE 2.0 will be compatible with Photoshop CS3 !

Adobe doesn't even support that. Mad props!
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Megamawman: I feel that the Suite being essentially a Photoshop plugin is a huge benefit. While yes, node-based texturing is useful, I prefer the ability to make quick fixes to textures - and the fact that pretty much everyone already has Photoshop. It's a standard tool. Suite 2.0 makes it significantly faster to use, so in many ways I don't even feel like Photoshop is up at all. It's just out of my way when I work with it. :)
  • TSpartanT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do we have ANY time frame for Quixel 2.0 other than the vague "Fall 2015"? Because November is almost here, which is the last month of fall. I need to know that it's actually going to be released at least by November 30th, otherwise I'm just going to buy Substance. I was planning on starting a project with the program, and "fall 2015" usually means it will be here by fall.

I'm absolutely in love with what i've heard about 2.0 so far, which is why i've held out for so long. I absolutely understand programs take a while, however I do have a project with a timeline so I guess i'm just looking for an actual answer. Thank you!
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    TSpartanT wrote: »
    Do we have ANY time frame for Quixel 2.0 other than the vague "Fall 2015"? Because November is almost here, which is the last month of fall. I need to know that it's actually going to be released at least by November 30th, otherwise I'm just going to buy Substance. I was planning on starting a project with the program, and "fall 2015" usually means it will be here by fall.

I'm absolutely in love with what i've heard about 2.0 so far, which is why i've held out for so long. I absolutely understand programs take a while, however I do have a project with a timeline so I guess i'm just looking for an actual answer. Thank you!

For a little more clarity on the release: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2363358&postcount=10
  • kilik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1.8 is 19 november
    before or after final cooldown !:=
  • davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Would be nice to already see some video footage about the new features or changed features in normal speed, before the release.
  • Pizdos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pizdos triangle
    My wait is over.

This turns into a pure vaporware. How many peoples work on Quixel? ONE? You guy's cant even afford a forum? This years considering this is an addon for Photoshop, should be at least 20 updates, but no.. Promised 2.0, no thanks.

Seriously, you insult all customers with you attitude, don't wait for community to like you. A few left fan boys will not change it.
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    I am sorry you feel that way, The Quixel team is indeed quite small, but there are more than one person working on the Suite. The reason there is no own forum is because there never was a need for one. We rather be closer to the community by being where they are. But there is something in the works to get better Community feedback and communication.
  • Pizdos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pizdos triangle
    Seriously, this is insulting, we fallowed you guys, gives all credit, and expected stuff to move faster from you. You guys totally ignore us. TOTALLY. You say you are closer to community?? You are not, look at Algorithmic how they do it.

No need for forum? Yes, another slap in the face to customers. Another insult. This is how much you guys appreciate us. You don't give a crap. Money are nice, but you don't even care about peoples who paid for, because, why to have a forum and idiots to ask for updates or fixes?? Ahaha.. good logic.
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    Of course you can ask for updates, fixes and other stuff, there is our customer support and we are present on twitter and facebook. Furthermore as i said earlier there is something in the works to be better in this area. I have also sent you a pm.

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pizdos - Money has nothing to do with the fact the we don't have our own forum, and why would it matter if our forums was located at Polycount or at Quixel.se? I can assure you that no one is ignoring you, we'er all here active on this forum for direct contact at any time, we're adding more and more community members by the week for quicker support. If you want to know something you can just ask us.

As for the statement that it´s vapour ware, we just added around 200 people exclusively from Polycount as a "thank you" to the community. We've also released a video and numerous details about the software. If you don't have the the patience to wait around for 2.0 to be released then you are of course free to do as you will and I'm sorry if that is the case. Then we have obviously failed to deliver at the expectation of some of our customers.

As we have stated many times, yes - we are a small company, yes - there are things to improve.  We are constantly working hard on increasing update frequency and being more active in the community. But why come in here and say that we don't care about our customers and ignore them? nothing could be further from the truth. I can understand that you are upset but there is really no need for this kind of language and tone. Everyone at Quixel is working around the clock at the moment to bring all of you the 2.0 update, which will be free to all existing customers.

If you have any specific questions about or software I'll be happy to answer them, if you still feel unfairly treated please feel free to contact me personally at Eric@Quixel.se and we can talk about whatever is bothering you.

Thank you very much.  
  • matt.heimlich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a heads-up, you may wan to fix the forum link on your home page. Right now it redirects to the polycount front page, I assume since the down time yesterday. Cheers, can't wait for 2.0!
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    Thanks for the heads up Matt !
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    "Thank you very much. " -Eric

Hey guys, comon now...    LOOK...   Are you having major issues? Is it not working? Are you pulling your hair out and staring blankly as a wall because you thought 1.8 would be okay and now your in the middle of your shit and every other button press crashes the motherfucker? Just take Eric's advice and use 2.0. Its whats currently recommended, by Quixel, especially for difficult and emotionally trying situations, at least, as the evidence suggests.

• b4nj0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b4nj0 null
    I can't understand this hating.
    Quixel is an awesome product by an awesome company that is 100% fair to its customers.
    Can't wait to have 2.0 in my hands and stop handtweeking unity 5 materials :D
  • Pleasure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pleasure mod
    Thanks for the kind words Thane and B3NJ0 ! We are working hard to get 2.0 to you as quickly as possible.
  • kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    I just pre-ordered 2.0 a couple of weeks ago. I'd rather wait a while longer and know that i'll have a well polished piece of software ready to go and tackle my needs than something that turns out to be the opposite.

So keep up the good work and make us proud Quixel owners.

Also i bought the academic version, if i ever want to upgrade to the other versions will i have to buy a new one altogether or i only need to pay the difference?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Kohg! I'll get an answer for you ASAP. Thanks for bringing that up!
This discussion has been closed.