Home General Discussion

Fallout 4

Replies

• stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    WarrenM wrote: »
    No, but you DID come here and take a greasy dump on people who are excited about a new installment in a franchise they've loved for years and years.

mjeeh, i came in here and took a greasy dump on a, in my opinion, useless hype thread.

my impression is that polycount prides it self on having crital and interesting discussions instead just circlejerking, shallow agreement-threads. if i post in the art sections, im expected to get harsch, honest critique and not just "OMG amazing" comments. and there is one guideline "polycount isnt your blogg" that motivates removing of such threads as "what did you eat today?" in the general discussions. what im trying to say, is that there is clearly somekind of effort to make polycount have higher quality level to the threads than your avarage internet forum.
    but somehow hype threads like this is an exception? why?
    why couldnt it be "looks like there is a new fallout game comming, what do you people think about that? are you excited or do you feel that the series has run its course?" instead? than the people how loves the hype, AND snyde assholes like me could both use the thread, and maybe something more interesting would come of it.
  • kaptainkernals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    @stickadtroja, you're the only one seeing this as a hype thread - right now, it's just a a link to an announcement page - not a single person in this thread has hyped it, or tried to hype it.

Seems you have an issue that people are excited / looking forward to seeing what it is, is it wrong to be excited?

Further more, how can there be a discussion about a game we know nothing about, after the announcement, there will be critical discussion based around the information provided, but right now there isn't.

I suggest you take a look at previous game announcement threads, the first few pages are people excited to see what is to be announced, and the remaining pages after the announcement are discussion and critique.

Take a chill pill, and come back after there actually is a discussion going on - instead of you trying to force a discussion about something no one knows anything about.
  • stickadtroja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stickadtroja polycounter lvl 11
    the gifs in the first page doesnt count as hype? but yeah i guess pushing it to far now. ill do as you say and wait for the real discussion. its nice then i can practice my best arguments until then. like "its sexist that the female vault dwellers have huge cleave in ther vault suites". oh cant wait
  • WarrenM
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the gifs in the first page doesnt count as hype? but yeah i guess pushing it to far now. ill do as you say and wait for the real discussion. its nice then i can practice my best arguments until then. like "its sexist that the female vault dwellers have huge cleave in ther vault suites". oh cant wait

Honestly who cares ? Its not like we are doing any damage hyping anyways. Once details come out there will be quite a debate , there always is.

People get stoked off little teaser videos for movie's and all it shows is the title name, exact same concept. The point is to tell people something is coming, time to ramp up the hype train but again why is that a bad thing? It's good for marketing and lets community know something is coming.

Stop being so negative, there is nothing wrong with positive enthusiasm, if you have nothing to ad - stay out. I personally dislike COD, I feel the past few iterations have done nothing for me but the Art is great and I never jump into those threads complaining . Let them have their fun

runners1_1500.jpg
  • reanimate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reanimate polycounter lvl 10
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    If a studio you love announces a next installment of a franchise you love.. that's enough to get excited or hyped. That's plenty. That's a LOT of information, actually. I could see moaning about it if people were hyped for a game we know nothing about from a studio we've never heard of, but that ain't the case. If people were getting hyped about specific gameplay details we don't have, that would be dumb... but no one is doing that.

Anyways... I'm stoked.
  • tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnn2rJpjar4[/ame]

Are they using PBR? I can't really tell, the game has semi styled/handpainted texturing.
  • loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    web site blown up lol
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    goosebumps...

Look's like it's confirmed for Boston, can't wait to see the Institute. It will also be interesting to see how much of the game will center around those flashbacks or if that was just a trailer feature.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the previous games even with their issues, so seeing this graphical improvement and COLOURS is icing on the cake. Really looking forward to seeing more of this.
  • kaptainkernals
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Colors Duke , The Colors
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 wrote: »
    #not blown away

If you were expecting mind blowing graphics, you're unaware of the franchise's history. It doesn't get by on it's good looks.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    If you were expecting mind blowing graphics, you're unaware of the franchise's history. It doesn't get by on it's good looks.

Gameplay over visuals which Fallout has always delivered on
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Dat hardcore LOD'ing of viewdistance in the upper left of the picture, yep it's a Bethesda open world game alright.

Animations look a bit better this time, considering it doesn't seem to be coming out for ps3 or 360 they might be pushing more stuff into it. But who cares, 99% of hte reason I play any Beth game is to experience the world, explore and then fix everything with mods.

Let's just hope shooting a gun feels more like CoD or BF than floaty QWOP.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    8Z30CaV.jpg
    1r8bcM8.jpg
    4EucUjD.jpg
    wegipkF.jpg
    DVcrwCC.jpg
    IIb6sE3.jpg
    bH2nU1N.jpg
    zW7yWpc.jpg

Loving the colors.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Not overly impressed with the trailer. Definitely will hold off judgement till I play it though.
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Holy shit that looks like dog balls.

It's 2015, we have pbr. It doesn't actually take longer to do.
  • juniez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juniez polycounter lvl 10
    looks... disjointed
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Right now I am terrified of Fallout 4 being the starting point for paid mods on steam, or perhaps barring nexus from having a fallout 4 site or whatever.

Other than that I'm looking forward to the E3 gameplay demonstration.

Also, being an open world game in a post Witcher 3 world has to suck <.<
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha ... Looks bad, disjointed, bad animations ... Yes, it's Fallout. Says so right on the tin. :)
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    no dynamic fur on the dog = fail..I'm so disappointed that they didn't dazzle me with visual fidelity that may or may not make it into the final game..how do they expect me to pre order this without fibbing a bit on the graphics..

Can't wait to play it
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    looks cool, i'm excited to get into modding for this instalment.
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor wrote: »
    no dynamic fur on the dog = fail..I'm so disappointed that they didn't dazzle me with visual fidelity that may or may not make it into the final game..how do they expect me to pre order this without fibbing a bit on the graphics..

Can't wait to play it

why would you pre-order a game these days? what's the benefit to you for doing so? I don't understand pre-order culture anymore, or why it exists.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzz wrote: »

It has probably been in dev for years but seriously that dog :poly127:
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    hundreds of hours of gameplay
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah.. the long dev time pretty much guarantees they aren't taking advantage of everything they could be for next gen. Which is a shame. But hey I give them respect for actually showing (what appears to be) what the game actually looks like instead of a pre-rendered thing.

I did laugh a little when that smooth dog popped out though. I was expecting a bit more of a step-up graphically. But hey, it looks amazing and I'm really excited.

Also.. does anyone recognize the voice actor of the vault dweller at the end? I feel like I've heard him before but can't place it.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    TrevorJ wrote: »
    why would you pre-order a game these days? what's the benefit to you for doing so? I don't understand pre-order culture anymore, or why it exists.

If I pre-order I get the one of a kind Nuk-a Cola armor and in-game real-time dog slobber shader..totally worth it

I love these games... I would buy it if it was a fallout 3 mod. I'm hoping they don't stray to far outside the formula
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    you know what would be super sweet? if developers who knew their games had crazy modding communities who do anything and everything within their power would open up "slightly" on the graphics side of things.

stuff like, having their shader files as editable text files in the game directory so that people could mess around with them instead of having to resort to ENB's, which are kinda cool but still don't address core rendering deficiencies.

#wishfulthinking.
  • Clos3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clos3d polycounter lvl 17
    Gameplay is better be what they working on.....
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Shiniku wrote: »

Also.. does anyone recognize the voice actor of the vault dweller at the end? I feel like I've heard him before but can't place it.

Ron perlman, guy who played hellboy and in a ton of other shit. hes always the guy who narrates the intro and outro of the games.

derp. nvm just rewatched it and noticed you meant the main character guy with the dog. could be troy baker
  • reanimate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are they using the new idTech???
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hundreds of hours of gameplay

^^ This.
  • reanimate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Load of images. . . .

Damn we need proper screenshots
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you know what would be super sweet? if developers who knew their games had crazy modding communities who do anything and everything within their power would open up "slightly" on the graphics side of things.

stuff like, having their shader files as editable text files in the game directory so that people could mess around with them instead of having to resort to ENB's, which are kinda cool but still don't address core rendering deficiencies.

#wishfulthinking.

Second this completely, I'm hopeful that steam workshops and other developments will help that sort of stuff.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I'm excited Ron Perlman is back, recognized him straight away. I do feel like that other voice is someone well known though... which could imply the player character would have dialogue this time around. Just a wild theory.
    reanimate wrote: »
    I highly doubt it, looks like Creation engine. Honestly I'm not even sure idTech5 would be well suited to this style game.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Voice at the end sounded like Troy Baker
  • ImsumDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImsumDave polycounter lvl 11
    reanimate wrote: »

Doubtful. Looks more like a continuation of their heavily modified Gamebyro engine.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master

#wishfulthinking.

They really should just open up the game completely to modders. What's the harm? People ripping content? That already can happen. It's not like they have super advanced tech that they don't want other studios to copy.
  • FourtyNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    Oh my goodness that I'm SO relieved that they have finally announced it, phew. Wasn't expecting a trailer this soon, but I can definitely see and feel the good'n old Fallout, as it should be, and it is! To my eyes it looked fantastic enough. (:
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzz wrote: »

Do you remember the transition to the normal map pipeline? It wasn't instantaneous. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how long it takes to switch their rendering engine.
  • Damytria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damytria polycounter lvl 7
    I'm kind of relieved everyone had the same reaction that I did.

Visuals are a bit okay

really wondering if we're going to see the game shine with gameplay footage.
  • ImsumDave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImsumDave polycounter lvl 11
  • SUPAVISI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SUPAVISI polycounter lvl 7
    Well, I just peed myself. Cant wait to have the game in my hands!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've only heard New Vegas being notoriously buggy; Fallout 3 and Skyrim ran fairly well on my non-cutting edge PC. New Vegas was developed by Obsidian Entertainment, I'm not crapping on them because I've heard New Vegas is a great game despite the bugs, I'm just saying Bethesda has a ton of experience with their engine and pipeline. This gen the bar has been set pretty low, I doubt they'll release a game so buggy they'll have to apologize for it.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    Well, it's not PBR, but at least they used all the colors this time, so artistically I think it's definitely a step up. :)