Home General Discussion

Fallout 4

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I'm at the point where the main questline has run out of urgency, which is pretty sad because the first half of the game I was in full on mother mode searching for her kid.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Don't play with MacReady. His perk ruins your game.
    It's supposed to give 20% higher chance of headshots, but it actually just maxes it out at 95% no matter the gun, or the distance.
    At that point, I figured Id wrap the game up. but still it made the game way less challenging, (I was already specced as a stealthy sniper).

That said.. WTF is up with those Legendary Assaultrons???

Died by one of them in the Institute, and ended up needing my FatBoy to force its mutation, and 4 Nuke Mines to clear one of them out.

My Missile Launcher seriously took off a sliver of health, when it was 3.5x Sneak Attack/Crit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAqoVKIEt0M

(If you don't kill it with mines, it will use a stealth boy, and 1-hit Gibb you, even if you're in Power Armour).

• Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Looks like they've finally announced what the first round of new dlc will be! Yay robot building! I'm personally hoping the settlement dlc will actually make settlers feel more like people versus wandering workaholics.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Also... GECK tease. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I need it so I can make my robot baker questline that I never finished for fallout 3.

• VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Just so it doesn't get lost in the press release, though it's pretty important to note.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016

• Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    I found the season pass thing a bunch of crap but in the end Bethesda wins because I bought it so I can have my DLC for cheaper without waiting for a sale.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    I'm not really sure why it seems a lot of people are complaining online about the dlc price hike. To me at least, Bethesda is giving plenty of fair warning, and anyone who buys it now or bought it gets the rest of the additional dlc for the lower price. People can still buy the dlc separately as well as they come out, and are going to gain access to the geck and free basegame upgrade support that they could of easily charged money for or not provided at all. Of course updates and patches are part of a business plan in retaining loyal customers, but I get the feeling Bethesda decided to add even more dlc to their plan because they love making content versus seeing how much money they can squeeze out of dlc. With a world like fallout I would certainly want to keep adding onto it versus immediately shelving it to work on another projects infrastructure for 7 or so years.

Just my own opinion anyways, I can sort of understand others reactions when looking at recent games that ship with 6 hours of content then do season passes. But fallout 4 took me 111 hours to go through the main quest, do some side ones, and explore probably less than a quarter of the game.
  • JamesGoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesGoblin polycounter lvl 3
    Still didn't try it, I guess I'll wait some time for more bug fixes, mods and DLCs.

Bethesda is like wine... =)
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    I'm currently enjoying the game on PC, I picked it up during the winter sale on steam. I had never played a fallout game before and there were and still are quite a few "what the hell am I doing and what the hell is this thing?" moments. I was used to the Borderlands sort of interface where it tells you the gun you have vs the gun you are picking up and a bit more on screen tips about things. I literally went 12 hours before I realized what VATS really does. But it did feel like my character coming out into a world that is totally different.

The Far Harbor DLC will probably be worth the price of the season pass in itself. Pre buying DLC's comes with a risk of some being stinkers, like I'm not overly excited about the Wasteland Workshop, but it could also be interesting.