• sadies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm.. in love with that
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Finally, I am submitting Stampy to the workshop. He's my first "baby" project, so be gentle. I'd love a comment, thumbs up , and even a favorite!
    c5oaXC6.jpg
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Anyone willing to add blood splatters onto the Bladefury spell, are welcome to help us out.
    2B0E758CB7B1E80A23009FB5BCB75F1FCA1A3401
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Vlad this blade is freaking superb! I can imagine that it will make a nice trail while Jag will spin.

Anyway workshop is not showing new items :D however I decided to finally upload our Lina set. Promo illustration/textures/concept made by Madzia, also special thanks to Endrit for beautiful set logo and huge help in steam promo setup!!

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214635190
    FAj342i.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Konras wrote: »
    @Vlad this blade is freaking superb! I can imagine that it will make a nice trail while Jag will spin.

Anyway workshop is not showing new items :D however I decided to finally upload our Lina set. Promo illustration/textures/concept made by Madzia, also special thanks to Endrit for beautiful set logo and huge help in steam promo setup!!

Yeah that sword is amazing, but it is Vlad so what else would it be :) that promo is just beautiful, seems like we are either having an epic battle between Lina sets, or a flood of awesome new Lina sets :poly124: we will find out soon...
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Got the wings done and imported. Just gotta do some sculpting tweaks on a few areas, scoop out a missile, and do the masks for everything.

gyroworks_wip_02.jpg
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always had a warm feeling for the particleguys and gals at Valve, but now they just stole my heart. This is so damn sick!!
    S4PCQQD.jpgBbXzqxA.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always had a warm feeling for the particleguys and gals at Valve, but now they just stole my heart. This is so damn sick!!

Takes these items to 11 for sure. Do you know if it will be possible to submit 2 handed weapons for her?
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So your set just went arcana too? Oo damn great
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The helmet looks rad.
  • vikk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Konras wrote: »

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214635190
    FAj342i.jpg

DAT promo..
    Amazing set and illustration! :)
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    You don't have to do nuthing in this case. They all will work automatically.

That's what I was thinking. I pretty much used the same process as on Lennyagony's vid for the chaos knight blade but when I import, still no particle for the item/s. Example, the blade on left and mount on right that I'm testing.

tumblr_mz6342FG1v1rwocuuo1_250.pngtumblr_mz6342FG1v1rwocuuo2_250.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    S4PCQQD.jpgBbXzqxA.jpg

That's pretty sick, I can't wait to equip that later tonight!
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras, you guys seem to have the best promo art out there! The illustration and the models look great. Hope it gets in. :)

I'm getting stuck on baking normal maps. Blender keeps giving me this "Circular reference in texture stack" error. From what I've googled, it seems to happen when you have overlapping uvs, but in this case, I'm not seeing where it is. I've tried cutting out a few faces to test baking, and it still errors out when it's practically a flat plane.

DL1QZh9.png
    Top left: low poly with high poly overlay
    Top right: low poly uv space
    bottom left: high poly
    bottom right: low poly

Any idea what's wrong?
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Anyone getting a crash when importing something into Dota? Now I can't upload my treant D:

PS: Dota Test works just fine.
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    foxclover - I can't help with blender baking, but if you can't figure out the problem I'd recommend just using Xnormal for baking. It's free and pretty straight forward compared to baking in most 3d apps.

Onilolz - The importer is working for me, but every time I try to preview in game i'm getting crashes :(
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    Konras- Fantastic work, I would upvote 10 times if I could x)

Finished the treant, we decided to go with 2 colors :)
    0sRB8fo.png
    nheTpnl.png
    WfvO0dk.png
    20QZCcT.png
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    the red/rose colored one is where it's at. Excellent work!
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    OniLolz wrote: »
    Anyone getting a crash when importing something into Dota? Now I can't upload my treant D:

Whenever I import something it looks like this now jhVtDM8.png but Test client also works fine for me.

I've created a Dev post about it here if you'd like to add to it.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    HntrLuc wrote: »
    foxclover - I can't help with blender baking, but if you can't figure out the problem I'd recommend just using Xnormal for baking. It's free and pretty straight forward compared to baking in most 3d apps.

Onilolz - The importer is working for me, but every time I try to preview in game i'm getting crashes :(

Same!!
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Whenever I import something it looks like this now jhVtDM8.png but Test client also works fine for me.

I've created a Dev post about it here if you'd like to add to it.

Already posted there but I don't know if I should start a new thread.
    My problem is kinda different and only (apparently) affects the ability slot.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc: Thank you so much, xnormal completely did the trick! AND it bakes ambient occlusion! Program is amazing * u * seriously, I cant overstate how grateful I am, this will save so much time!

Zaphk: Thanks for posting the masks. The pink one stands our more to me, but I like 'em both. I'm also really impressed at how well you guys always maximize your texture space, they look really high quality
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whenever I import something it looks like this now but Test client also works fine for me.

This is from the main client, but I loaded this, as opposed to doing a completely new submission, I will be testing the weapon slot soon in game, so hopefully it still works then
    Hat.jpg
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah loading a previously imported item from the "additional items" thing works fine for me too.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    foxclover wrote: »
    HntrLuc: Thank you so much, xnormal completely did the trick! AND it bakes ambient occlusion! Program is amazing * u * seriously, I cant overstate how grateful I am, this will save so much time!

Of course you can give Johgsy (I think that's wrong :( ) a cut of Valve's profits on your item too so ;)

==========

I'm not having any issues in the importer itself. All loads fine, etc..

But I am having issue with cloth bones. Anyone know why?
    It is rigged basically exactly like the fbx. Maybe not exact vert weights but pretty close. But it's not hanging down, that one bone sticks out weird...

staff_bad%20cloth.jpg

Almost done but Dota just keeps kicking my butt.
  • EtotheRic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    OniLolz wrote: »

I am having the same issue. Game crashes importing ability items.
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Guys, quick question about the workshop. So I uploaded my courier 4 days ago, with the idea that I would wait out the workshop black out and finalize percentages thus "finalizing" the process once everything was running smoothly and this would start the "number of days in workshop" counter.

Today when I submitted percentages and started sharing the page I quickly realized that the workshop still counted it as being up for 4 days, and that the courier was no where to be found on the most recent submissions page, either chronologically or when sorted by type.

If I resubmitted (deleted/re-uploaded) the courier, do you think it would get placed back in the most recent thread, or do you think I should just stick it out and hope that it'll get added to the most recent/most popular of the week before the week is up. Guess I'm just looking for advice. Sorry it's not really waywo, but it's been bugging me all night.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    resubmits always get added as the newest item
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic wrote: »
    I am having the same issue. Game crashes importing ability items.

Add your report to the Dota 2 Dev thread regarding the broken importer. This needs to be fixed.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=121544
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Oh wow - I adore this. The simplicity of the design and the cleaness of the execution work together perfectly!

The pink one is my fav :)
    Zaphk wrote: »
    0sRB8fo.png
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gaiascope wrote: »

@Paskie, it looks like it's somehow using the normal map as the color map O_o Or overlapping it? Did you rename your submission when you edited the maps? It tends to not load changes if you give submissions the same name. Just add a number behind it. If you're already doing this, I don't know, sorry =/ Could you post the maps you're using for reference?

It's just when i start a localgame the tint gets on. The itemtest view works more or less as you can i see in the picture, it's from same compile as the screens inside the game. I'll try with the main client and see if it has something to do with that.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    hey guys, trying to rig this dude and ran into a bit of an issue. I have a mesh that worked previously, but every time I upload it, it's saying it's a different triangle count than it is. It's instead reading that it's the triangle count of the LOD0, even when the LOD0 isn't being loaded at all. Here's what I'm trying to upload:

PZ27xUTJOKSCTPoH

and the error it gives me:
    cBI8B4Ff7rUtOchh

anyone run into this?
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    @bounchfx: Did you try exporting LoD1 again? Maybe you accidentally saved LoD0 over LoD1. Only thing that would make sense. Then again I am having my own issues with the workshop not cooperating...:poly118:

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my textures not showing up. Yesterday everything was loading up perfectly, however today when I tried loading them up to work on the mask. I am just getting a grey color. I have not made any changes since and the beard texture is still working for some odd reason.

ybiy.jpg
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @Clyptic, everyone is getting that since the update today. If you really need to test in game use the Dota 2 Test build.
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    @Zipfinator oh that's good to know, thanks a lot. I thought it must be something on their end, but couldn't find any post about it.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Clyptic wrote: »
    @bounchfx: Did you try exporting LoD1 again? Maybe you accidentally saved LoD0 over LoD1. Only thing that would make sense. Then again I am having my own issues with the workshop not cooperating...:poly118:

Yeah, actually tried a lot of stuff, copied it into a new file, resaved, combined with a box, reexported, rerigged, deleted all the other meshes, deleted parts of the mesh.

I found a fix, but it wasnt obvious. Basically I exported as OBJ and imported into zbrush, then back out as obj and rerigged it. Then it worked. I also had a problem of it saying it was 306 triangles when maya said 294. I had actually even bashed part of the zb obj with the maya obj, and tried importing and it said it was 450 triangles... instead of 300 like maya said. Very confusing overall, but the moral of the story is if you don't know what's up with your mesh, bring that mofo into zb and back out. It's like a car wash for meshes.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I'm so glad we have this forum. I've just been going crazy over what I was doing wrong importing. Why do they have this stupid texture problem now so close to the deadline!
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    So my DOTA has just started crashing whenever I try to import anything. I thought it might be something I did with the files for my current project, but I tried to import an old courier and some files that worked yesterday and it still crashed. I reinstalled DOTA and still no luck.

Any advice? I'm working on borrowed time as it is for the CNY event, I'm in a bit of a panic atm.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I am in the exact same position Hudston, it looks like this last update has borked the importer in a number of different ways. Things that I imported fine yesterday now don't appear, crashes, texture issues.
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    So it might not be just me? Thank god for that...
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wonder if importer bug has anything to do with general game bug that people are getting. Wyk posted a possible solution. https://www.facebook.com/wykrhmreddy/posts/10153748854700105

Not sure how helpful it will be, but maybe its worth a try :/
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Progress on Abaddon set. Started with the mount. Basically retaining a horse and changing armor. Already have a lot of diverse creatures in the store ^^. Please crits. Just started sculpting.

CoMR2tb.jpg
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Further progress, both hat and non-hat versions. Just texture touchups and promo to go!

z2opisg.jpg
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @MDK I would definitely upload his head item as two styles. With and without hat. Hair itself looks totally fine as an standalone!! As a side not, maybe consider making chest armor a little brighter with a gradient light from top so it would appear a bit more round.
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    tumblr_mz6zb4mJLN1r43xj0o4_1280.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=214893421

Our Ember spirit set is finally up, thanks for all the suggestions and crits along the way guys :)
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214890229

Our Ember spirit set is finally up, thanks for all the suggestions and crits along the way guys :)
    EMBER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING, THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE SORDS!!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    Holy shit you guys! Your work is blowing me away!

Damm nice LC set Vlad! Really you have improved quite a bit since I last saw! Well done!

Love that Lina set! So so purrdy!

Flower-ents look gorgeous as well (no surprise) you guys rock! <3

Gyro set looks ace too. Love that cloth propellers and oriental rockets xD
  • cottonwings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My precious Kunkka with a beautiful braid mmmmm :D

Here's my quick Luna updo design, and t1mu will make it happen!

ILFccpV.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah I have the texture issue too, D:.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog wrote: »
    aving issue with cloth bones. Anyone know why?
    It is rigged basically exactly like the fbx. Maybe not exact vert weights but pretty close. But it's not hanging down, that one bone sticks out weird...

staff_bad%20cloth.jpg

Almost done but Dota just keeps kicking my butt.

Sorry to spam, any ideas?

(I was gonna finish texture today too :( - still wanna make sure the banner works, might have to rework model )