Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    well, we could make it bigger, like suggesting a chest to them and also asking for some kind of counter like the mlg have, i can see if its possible to add on the main page of polycount too

im still thinking with hero to work =]

i see now your intentions!!! a self made gem would be really expensive =]

but in the end we can add sockets to our self mades but it dont change the name right?

SUCCESS!
    tfh5Glg.png

HERE! HERE! GET YOU'RE OWN CUSTOM BROKEN SELF-MADE GEM HERE THAT DOES NOTHING AT ALL! $200!

I'm a little dissapointed I couldn't go over $400, so $200 seems like a good start, I might have to use ebay to get my $48,000! I swear, if anyone buys this, I'll laugh, maybe I'll advertise on reddit :D!:D!!

But yes, it seems you can socket selfmade no problems, Unsual courier particle effects dont seem to have an effect. The name doesn't change either.

sjmGfdK.png
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Yup, got my self-mades too. Items and keys both.
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Submitted a blade for Sven :3 Thanks for the feedback on the normals of the blade Jacober, I was aware of them and contemplated leaving them as they were, but when you pointed them out they had to be fixed :P

Check it out here :3

QNgnCbJm.jpg
    Gm0wrkKm.jpg
    LCjG2fsm.jpg
    Mtb4DoSm.jpg
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    that is great guys!

maybe i missed some parts, sorry if the question looks silly. but you guys plan to help just one organization or more then that? because i really like the idea but i would like to help a brazilian organization, we have a big problem with health and education there... unfortunatelly... if you dont have money to pay for a private health care you are screwed...
    and at the same time we have a lots of new gigantic stadiums for the worldcup... i love Brazil but i hate who takes the the decisions...

Yeah, Robin told me that they get a LOT of charity requests from people, so much so that its impossible to keep track of and it pretty much puts all the responsibility on the item creator. Its a bit of a workaround to get the charity to set up a Steam account to allocate revenue to but its pretty much the only way.

I only reached out to the American Cancer Society since they run the No Shave November official site and well they speak English haha. You should totally reach out to whatever the Brazilian equivalent of that organization is :)

Though I don't know the likelihood of Valve creating a Movember chest, since Robin clarified that even if there is a charity attached to an item it still needs to go through the workshop approval process. However if we do get a charity to go along with it we can promote that which may help garner attention and votes and speed it along.

That said, haven't heard back from the No Shave November folks. Its hard to describe the situation to someone and have it NOT sound like a scam or spam mail
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium wrote: »
    Submitted a blade for Sven :3 Thanks for the feedback on the normals of the blade Jacober, I was aware of them and contemplated leaving them as they were, but when you pointed them out they had to be fixed :P

Check it out here :3

QNgnCbJm.jpg
    Gm0wrkKm.jpg
    LCjG2fsm.jpg
    Mtb4DoSm.jpg

I love that sven sword! I wasn't a fan of the earlier red runes but the change to yellow is great!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    awesome work as usual =]

also i want to share with you guys what happens when you mess with particles. i was trying to make some coins dropping from the bag on this set

oh man, how the heck do you do custom particles!? Did they add support for this recently or did you hack it in? I would have done them for the Tusk axe and my BH set. Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

I think it's a neat idea for coins to pop out but I also think it would be quite distracting on a player, nor do I think bounty hunter would let his money just trail away like that! hehe
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    woah neat tvidotto. yeh im curious too, how'd you do the particles?

edit: motenai that set looks great!!
  • ultimatec
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Strange set for tide, I made some fixes on my thumbs, thanks for everything ^^
    u60qa3R.jpg
    Link Workshop
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    @Optinium:

That's a freaking nice sword.

I like how you gave it a polearm feel without making it look unbalanced, keeping it well under his silouette.

A small crit, though, is that I feel the gradient is too strong, the blade could be less dark towards the hilt.

@Motenai:

That's how leather stuff is done, damn, that set looks awesome as everything I saw from you to date.

Congrats!

Now it's time for me to post something, here's the Lina set I'm currently working on.

I can't preview it ingame due to a long term bug, so I'm holding it from publishing as I want to do some adjustments and check if there are any issues I can't see in the loadout screen.

Things I already will change are the positions of those chains in the front and that glossiness on the cloth over the scales, other than that, anything you guys may add would be appreciated :)

So here it goes:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14288&stc=1&d=1384988274

EDIT: How can I add the attached image on the post? Can't get it past the thumbnail :(
  • rock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Rubus, your Lina set looks great, congratz!
    For actual images in your post just upload them on a 3rd party host, for example imgur and copy&paste the direct link in the inputfield of the "insert image" option of the commentsection.

Got it? :)
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks, rock, so there's no way of showing it this way then :c

I generally upload my previews to my Flickr account, but it had a problem with the password quite some time ago, and as the Yahoo customer care suck donkey balls, they haven't sorted it out yet, it has been almost 2 months since the first request I made...

Guess I'll wait for the answer for the seventh request I sent them then.
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Rubus wrote: »
    Thanks, rock, so there's no way of showing it this way then :c

I generally upload my previews to my Flickr account, but it had a problem with the password quite some time ago, and as the Yahoo customer care suck donkey balls, they haven't sorted it out yet, it has been almost 2 months since the first request I made...

Guess I'll wait for the answer for the seventh request I sent them then.

Whoa. I quite like the hood, but the skirt looks super busy. How does it look from the game view?
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Snowstorm:

I think that the portrait view looks cluttered mainly because I haven't worked on the backfacing faces of the skirt, so the scales show both sides - an issue that the top view won't have.

Maybe after I make it plain brown it will hopefully look better, also I'm studying some way to adjust those chains or just scrap them entirely, as I think they are too small to show properly.

But as I mentioned, I can't preview it in game, so I really can't tell how it would look like and what exactly I should do, all of what I said is just a bunch of assumptions.

Anyway, I got some screenies of that top view for you if you want to take a look, unfortunately they're too tiny, though :(
  • ShoMek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there a general WIP thread?
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShoMek wrote: »

I believe most of us keep the WIP progress stuff in our own collective threads. Although the idea for a general WIP thread isnt a bad idea.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I thought this was the WIP thread? heh. This is the everything thread!
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I thought this was the WIP thread? heh. This is the everything thread!

This.

Also, I would like to emphasize an issue that hasn't been fixed by Valve yet since this patch release. All three chests are missing cosmetics that should have had them. One cosmetic per chest and the common thing between all these three cosmetics is that they are weapon sets. They are:

- Missing from Treasure of Ember Essence: Piercing Umbrage Set, which is Riki daggers. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168627381
    - Missing from Treasure of Earth Essence: The Slashing Quickslicer Set, which is Naga Siren blades. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183530167&searchtext=
    - Missing from Ghastly Treasure of Diretide: Bloodstone Blade Set, which is Bloodseeker Blades. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160218798&searchtext=

I tried reaching Valve through every channel that I know: Dev forums, Reddit and Steam Support. Sadly, nothing has been done yet. It pains me further that the author of the Bloodstones Blades will have his chest disappear on Nov 30th. Obviously the other chests will decline in sales too as time goes. These sets would have contributed to the sales of each of the chests and would expect Valve will give out an eye to fix this. Keep in mind we recieved the selfmades, which is great but really isn't the point as we made these for the player base to acquire.

Now unlike an accepted but unreleased set, if this isn't fixed now, then the only possible fix is to rerelease them in another chest. Which I hope we don't reach that point.

UPDATE: After I posted on reddit a comment on the latest main client, I got this reply from a Valve rep on Steam: "
    The addition of sockets and gems complicated the addition of paired weapons to chests. We'll use the items at some point in the future, just not sure when."
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, so I did more testing with self-mades and sockets and I've discovered some rather interesting things. I met someone online who saw my earlier market auctions of the "Etheral:" Gems, or the self-made gem. He contacted me and thought I was trying to scam, I explained him what they were and we decided together that we both wanted to test this out. So we traded me an Unsual Tinkbot to test it on.

This was the results.
    umRngT3.jpg

An "UNSUAL" Courier, with self-made particles. Truely a one of a kind item we're looking at here. Soon after I traded that back to him. So yes, we can trade the self-made particle, but not the title. As you can see, the courier still remains an unsual courier. But, this is more or less a way to semi-trade self-made items.

To add to that, the gem you pull out is tradeable as well, as you can see I've already thrown it on the market for the highest value possible. What can I say, FOR SCIENCE!

Now I don't know how long this will last, or if these will become not tradeable in the future, but I plan on getting a golden roshan right now, putting the self made particles on it, and sell it to the highest bidder.

evil-laugh.gif
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    It's finally done because TVidotto is awesome. :)
    B28E7ED49270FE6C6DA12AD6558473C271121954
  • Hawkseye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawkseye polycounter lvl 4
    Alright, so I did more testing with self-mades and sockets and I've discovered some rather interesting things. I met someone online who saw my earlier market auctions of the "Etheral:" Gems, or the self-made gem. He contacted me and thought I was trying to scam, I explained him what they were and we decided together that we both wanted to test this out. So we traded me an Unsual Tinkbot to test it on.

This was the results.
    umRngT3.jpg

An "UNSUAL" Courier, with self-made particles. Truely a one of a kind item we're looking at here. Soon after I traded that back to him. So yes, we can trade the self-made particle, but not the title. As you can see, the courier still remains an unsual courier. But, this is more or less a way to semi-trade self-made items.

To add to that, the gem you pull out is tradeable as well, as you can see I've already thrown it on the market for the highest value possible. What can I say, FOR SCIENCE!

Now I don't know how long this will last, or if these will become not tradeable in the future, but I plan on getting a golden roshan right now, putting the self made particles on it, and sell it to the highest bidder.

evil-laugh.gif

I extracted one too.

This doesnt look intended at all, why is the gem called "Ethereal:" and no more? Valve probably missed this and forgot to make it untradable or something. Also i cant find it in the marketplace by searching for "Ethereal". All the other ethereal gem effects show up but not this one.

I suggest selling before they fix it :]
    I think ill put mine up too.

And great courier Hudston!

Edit: Whaaaaaat i cant believe someone just bought mine for $260
  • Fletch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey sir, try using less background on your presentation and make the item bigger on it. Dont forget what you want to show =]

Ah yes, I see what you mean. I am really struggling with how to present my items x) I am rather new to photoshop all together. My modeling background was entirely architectural and engineering CAD work, so the whole artistic side of it is new and exciting to me :) The whole design side of things still has me befuddled, but I am slowly trying to increase my 2d artistic ability so that maybe I can fully conceptualize my ideas in the future. Right now it feels like I have no clear defined goal when I work on my own idea. No complete item I am working towards. Hopefully this will gradually turn into me understanding how to lay an item out on the page for the final result as well, and maybe as my photoshop experience increases I can even make some nice effects around it to really make it shine.

PS - Thank you polycount so much xD I finally learned about color harmony from that amazing warhammer modeler's blog. I am still a noob at it, but now I can at least use blending in photoshop instead of just picking a bunch of random colors at whim :D
  • Kraken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    Hi guys!
    Just submitted new set for Ursa! Hope you like it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196832695

gzHMnRY.jpg
    ct1J6Li.jpg
    nVEjTVG.jpg
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice Ursa set Kraken, simple but clean and detailed!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    SUCCESS!

HERE! HERE! GET YOU'RE OWN CUSTOM BROKEN SELF-MADE GEM HERE THAT DOES NOTHING AT ALL! $200!

I'm a little dissapointed I couldn't go over $400, so $200 seems like a good start, I might have to use ebay to get my $48,000! I swear, if anyone buys this, I'll laugh, maybe I'll advertise on reddit :D!:D!!

But yes, it seems you can socket selfmade no problems, Unsual courier particle effects dont seem to have an effect. The name doesn't change either.

sjmGfdK.png

and its time to get some sockets on my self mades =]
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    ShoMek wrote: »

this is an everything thread, feel free t post wips, finished, charity ideas, and everything related to dota workshop
    Boonta wrote: »
    woah neat tvidotto. yeh im curious too, how'd you do the particles

edit: motenai that set looks great!!

bounchfx wrote: »
    oh man, how the heck do you do custom particles!? Did they add support for this recently or did you hack it in? I would have done them for the Tusk axe and my BH set. Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

I think it's a neat idea for coins to pop out but I also think it would be quite distracting on a player, nor do I think bounty hunter would let his money just trail away like that! hehe

hacking da particles

there is still some ares on particles to discover, but i can write a tutorial later or maybe share a video with it

@bounch, do you think its disctracting? i dont think so, a lot of heroes leave trails, this one is just 10 times the size of the others =]

just joking, but its funny to see it spiting coins like hell

This was the results.

strange helenek, that the self made particles were fixed by valve, at least the red crosses doesnt appear anymore. I dont know how why appearead on the tinkerbot. But its nice to see your tests =]
    Hudston wrote: »
    It's finally done because TVidotto is awesome. :)
    B28E7ED49270FE6C6DA12AD6558473C271121954

our little pet!! yay =]
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Flittering Edge

268x268.resizedimage
  • Palioseiras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Them test bakes are lookin' ominous..! gone a little crazy experimentation with animating the cape still looooong way to go, just testing the motions of the rig.. will do it cleanly after the final sculpt pass on the piece. WIP ahoy

vmHPsAM.gif
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    @Palioseiras:

What program are you using, by the way?

If it's Blender there's the weight transfer tool, it generally does all the job in two clicks if you have a similar weighted mesh to transfer from.
  • Palioseiras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, its blender weight tranfer rocks most of the time true.. the trouble is that drow cape is a little stiff in its motions other than the overall lightness, been trying to rig it to have some effect on the bottom tear
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    1476563_10202072382546492_842145459_n.jpg

upgraded ! ready to sculpt it !
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Boh Sheh thats some very messy geometry, a lot of N-Gons and tri's which are not the best for when prepping a model for sculpting. For your proxy I'd recommend quads with maybe tri's at the tips.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    Optinium wrote: »
    Boh Sheh thats some very messy geometry, a lot of N-Gons and tri's which are not the best for when prepping a model for sculpting. For your proxy I'd recommend quads with maybe tri's at the tips.

thx for the feedback! It was my 1st time doing 3d and i have no real knowloedge in doing it so :P do you mind to guide me further ?
  • meshiah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    heya dudes, killer work btw everyone...

does any one know how to get a hold of a mod for approval or whatever.
    i had a mod contact me back in july because they re arranged the channels on the lycan shader. he asked me to re-submit and let him know when i did.i did it right after he asked back in july and i replied to the private developer comments, but he hasn't gotten back to me, and you cant pm non friends on steam. not sure how to let him know. any pointers?
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    meshiah: He will have most likely seen it. It isn't unusual for them to ask you to change something and then not say anything after that. Hope to see it ingame soon!
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    meshiah wrote: »
    heya dudes, killer work btw everyone...

does any one know how to get a hold of a mod for approval or whatever.
    i had a mod contact me back in july because they re arranged the channels on the lycan shader. he asked me to re-submit and let him know when i did.i did it right after he asked back in july and i replied to the private developer comments, but he hasn't gotten back to me, and you cant pm non friends on steam. not sure how to let him know. any pointers?
    "
    Note: correspondence with the game's developers (e.g. Valve) does not guarantee that your submission will be chosen.
    "
  • meshiah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meshiah polycounter lvl 17
    roger that guys,
    thanks for the tip, im fine if not chosen, just wasn't sure about the dude not getting back to me. wasn't sure if i had to file a ticket somewhere i missed or whatever.
    cheers
  • Lachance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lachance polycounter lvl 5
    Finally got the time to finish my Windrunner's Bow Sculpt

Comments and critiques are welcome!

Sculpt_Final.jpg
  • Zalakzik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi to all, just finished set for Lich, vote if u like ;)
    8CuZ3cu.jpg
  • Hawkseye
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawkseye polycounter lvl 4
    Made a quick mug thing for Brewmaster :]

rktc.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Lachance wrote: »

I like the sculpt, but personally it does not feel like Windrunner's style to me. Right now it has more of a Clinkz or Drow bow feeling to it.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Hawkseye wrote: »
    Made a quick mug thing for Brewmaster :]

A tankard flail... I approve of this :thumbup:
  • balsagoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When you're making the uv template for lets say meepo (512x128). The 3ds max uvw unwrap grid is a square and whenever i try to change the ratio it just stretches out the polygons. Can I change the square to a 1:5 box without stretching out the polygons within?
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Hi guys , just subbmited my last item in collab with SLIMEface

workshop link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196971455
    66759999F736569C1D51194DCA10898C0219BA44
    19E608949822DF8581B54F29E69FB415A4CBFD7A
  • SemiColonThree
    Lachance wrote: »

Sculpt_Final.jpg

Pretty sick!!! Finish this please, will upvote in a heartbeat
  • DoubleLeaf
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys, got another update from No Shave November people and they are very interested in partnering up. I just sent them another email explaining the sign up process and they will hopefully get back to me soon so I can add them as a friend. I will post their username here for all interested parties to add them. That said, if you plan on uploading a beard soon, hold off until this is all set up since I think to add contributors you have to actually resubmit the item if everything has been finalized.

You can PM me here or on Steam if you have any questions about this.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DoubleLeaf wrote: »
    Your handle is the size of the blade, which kind of makes it look more like a dagger rather than a sword.
    mihalceanu wrote: »
    Hi guys , just subbmited my last item in collab with SLIMEface

workshop link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196971455

19E608949822DF8581B54F29E69FB415A4CBFD7A

the-mask-cuban-pete-o.gif
  • balsagoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My model glows purple in game? What causes it.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    balsagoth wrote: »
    My model glows purple in game? What causes it.
    alpha of mask1. Make sure you save in 32 bit and you alphas are not completely black/white
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Hey guys, got another update from No Shave November people and they are very interested in partnering up. I just sent them another email explaining the sign up process and they will hopefully get back to me soon so I can add them as a friend. I will post their username here for all interested parties to add them. That said, if you plan on uploading a beard soon, hold off until this is all set up since I think to add contributors you have to actually resubmit the item if everything has been finalized.

You can PM me here or on Steam if you have any questions about this.

That's awesome! I had one more planned for this weekend, but I'll hold off until you have more info for us. Great stuff!