Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Bernoully
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bernoully polycounter lvl 4
    Hey guys, the shield Blender2Dota showed in the Workshop Monthly thread is done! He did a great job fleshing it out:

Heart of the Fundamental
    Modelled by Blender2Dota, and concept by me

mxuk46P.jpg

bCuNEn3.jpg

kfQF8tJ.gif

If Valve would be kind enough to add some funky effects when tethered, oh that will be the day.
  • -Em'-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -Em'- polycounter lvl 8
    Current wip of my promo images, As Golem is still bugged ingame i can't make a proper gif or video to show how it is, but once i'll fix the 52 bones limit i'll submit it !

gKlcLj.jpgHtAnJP.jpgIggFXe.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    You can, I already deck out my chicken! :D
    picture of it!!!

it still says self made? so that gem attached to it doesnt mean anything?
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished my first set ever! :D is called Lilacs Lust Set!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196089186

good day sir!
    just aprooved your post, now you can post freely here

and welcome! =]
  • -Em'-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -Em'- polycounter lvl 8
    Done some changes on the Golem, not Radiant anymore (color scheme was off + too busy texture with leaves, so i turned him into Dire). Time to move on a next project now i learned some stuff about that workshop tool.

570C4A7D598F8D6DD267F52D280C96C928DE94A6
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Well, the axe is finished. Concept by Hawf. Hope you like it, despite the name!

Really like the effects the mask gave it! Looks good. Wish the red bits were a richer red :P

-Em'- wrote: »
    Done some changes on the Golem, not Radiant anymore (color scheme was off + too busy texture with leaves, so i turned him into Dire). Time to move on a next project now i learned some stuff about that workshop tool.

The detailing on the radiant version was way cooler, but I'm glad you decided to go with the orange colour scheme instead. Suits him much better imo. I personally think he's still a little too bright though.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    picture of it!!!

That I don't know. I left that gem in there. If I had to guess, its a placeholder for the self-made particle.
    -Em'- wrote: »

570C4A7D598F8D6DD267F52D280C96C928DE94A6

That was a much needed change! I love the result now, really awesome looking golem! I wasn't confindent in your radiant themed decision, even if it was well designed, it just didn't fit warlock, this though, it solid! :thumbup:
  • Palioseiras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Rubus:

Thanks man, really appreciated..! as for the colors i noticed the purple is a little lost on the game shading, might need to shift colors a bit. Thanks for the suggestion, I think i'll try to get another pass with buckles and stuff after i finish the rest of the pieces!

I also plan to rebake the upper part of the hair once i settle on the piece.
  • pixelherder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    thanks to some feedback from here and on the workshop page had 30 minutes to make a few adjustments. Worked on the eyes (hopefully made them better) and bumped up contrast + saturation and added a bit of body to the hair. More tweaks probably inevitable!

promopic_06_01_zps61869788.jpg

Forest Faun Courier - Toot by Pixelherder

268x268.resizedimage

*edit* ...aaand an animated gif why not

preview_turntable_zps0ccaebc8.gif
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    @Vayne4800, I had my doubt about the axe, but it looks really great!

Did someone recieve there own items yet that were added with the last update?
    I'm really wondering how the bloodstone blades look ingame..
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    tumblr_mwh3q4cnWC1r43xj0o1_1280.png

cross post from Selaznog's thread
    done straight in zbrush as opposed to my regular method of doing a high poly in blender and then going to zbrush, I feel like I'm getting better at sculpting
  • Fletch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A really simple spectre weapon I made. Was really a texture lesson to me, learning how to work with her colors. I think I really ended up getting the color scheme though :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195807387

NdNB2OV.jpg
  • Hudston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    You can, I already deck out my chicken! :D

Were you able to put any effects on it without losing the Self-Made tag? I'd love to put Diretide Corruption on my Itsy!
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Volvo TY FOR DIRETIDE
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7FIvfx5J10"]Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme (Live Test 6) - YouTube[/ame]
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    that is one scary split
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Very nice sculpt Hawt.
  • Sanki
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    nyxassassin_3.jpg

dynameshing the shit outa it
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    I'm doing a collab with ultamec and I would like some crits to his sculpt. Crits never hurt anyone :)
    89102b6eb0.jpg
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good Ghost. though the edges are too sharp. Wear them out more.
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Just finished the color map for the bounty hunter today.

BH_wip2.jpg
  • Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    that set looks fantastic. Though, I think you can match the contrast of the red closer to the skirt flap.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    picture of it!!!

OuCLkxN.png

And I used that yellow glowing hammer on the self made courier and it didn't destory it. Although, when I put a new unsual effect it didn't seem to do anything. Also the gem that is in the self made by default, I believe is a placeholder for what will be the unsusal self made effect.

I also tried putting the self made gem in another courier in an attempt to claim others (mainly vidottos) couriers as my own self made versions, sadly my villianous attempts failed, the gem doesnt carry over the self made title. :D!!

The new gem system is awesome, seriouslly, I'm hooked geming up everything haha! :P
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Looking good Ghost. though the edges are too sharp. Wear them out more.

It's not mine, only the concept is. The sculpt is ultamec's
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    1426447_10202058896009337_210490759_n.jpg

Almost half done , not yet sculpt it . Though of combining glove and weapon as a weapon set . Any comment ?
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks very good, motenai. I'd add more value variation on his head piece. Leather looks epic, but red fabric is a little bit monotoneus.
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    AndrewHelenek : Dat ward count is to damn high
    motenai : looking great man :O, I love how clean and readable it is .

Finished a pugna wand ; too bad that the actual FX is so huge it actually covers the whole dam thing .

workshop link : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196493839
    C655D7E24047E152E2323BD24E4EAA4DF3468560
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    Hey guys, I contacted Robin Walker about the Movember collection, and brought up Boonta's suggestion about adding a cancer charity. He wrote:

If you'd like to do work to benefit a charity you support, we encourage you to reach out to that charity, get them to set up a Steam account, and add them as a contributor on any items you submit, up to a 99% share.

Once all contributors, including the charity, have agreed to the revenue splits, the community will have the opportunity to rate the item. We're always happy to ship content that gets the community excited, and charity items are no exception. If a charity-associated item gets voted up and accepted, we'll collect payment details from that charity and send them a real-world check with their share of the revenue, just as we would any other contributor.

To drive additional interest and community excitement, you're welcome to describe in the Workshop submission itself the charity the item sales will support. Because we don't treat charity items differently than non-charity items, it's important for acceptance that you be clear about where the money goes. For example, claiming that 99% of all sales go to support the charity is inaccurate: at most 99% of the standard post-tax Workshop revenue share (25%) can go to the charity. You're also welcome to use the Workshop submission text to also drive interest and traffic towards a direct donation page for the charity if that's appropriate.

Soo....I will try to contact the American Cancer Society and see if they want to set up a Steam account so they can be added as a contributor :D

Of course, if this does work out items may have to be re-submitted since contributors are locked in after final approval
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    I can see it already... Moustache chest! GLORIOUS!
  • Oroboros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Hey guys, I contacted Robin Walker about the Movember collection, and brought up Boonta's suggestion about adding a cancer charity. He wrote:

If you'd like to do work to benefit a charity you support, we encourage you to reach out to that charity, get them to set up a Steam account, and add them as a contributor on any items you submit, up to a 99% share.

Once all contributors, including the charity, have agreed to the revenue splits, the community will have the opportunity to rate the item. We're always happy to ship content that gets the community excited, and charity items are no exception. If a charity-associated item gets voted up and accepted, we'll collect payment details from that charity and send them a real-world check with their share of the revenue, just as we would any other contributor.

To drive additional interest and community excitement, you're welcome to describe in the Workshop submission itself the charity the item sales will support. Because we don't treat charity items differently than non-charity items, it's important for acceptance that you be clear about where the money goes. For example, claiming that 99% of all sales go to support the charity is inaccurate: at most 99% of the standard post-tax Workshop revenue share (25%) can go to the charity. You're also welcome to use the Workshop submission text to also drive interest and traffic towards a direct donation page for the charity if that's appropriate.

Soo....I will try to contact the American Cancer Society and see if they want to set up a Steam account so they can be added as a contributor :D

Amazing. Thank you for taking the initiative on this, I'll be getting to work on some mustache work immediately.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    Me and SLIMEface just got done with a Bounty Hunter dagger, check out the "Bounty's Recompense" here and please vote/fave if you like it!
    268x268.resizedimage

EDqmzB1.jpg

C1DD833E4DF39311168BBB700968A7E645B2BF12

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9CuW-IKLs[/ame]
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    MdK wrote: »
    Me and SLIMEface just got done with a Bounty Hunter dagger, check out the "Bounty's Recompense" here and please vote/fave if you like it!

Turned out really great guys! Keep up the great work! I would love to do one of SLIMEface's concepts sometime. :thumbup:
  • Prophet9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey guys, I contacted Robin Walker about the Movember collection,...l

Amazing! Great initiative. I hope they realize the potential for this and set up a Steam account, haha. Moustache Chest indeed!
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    Started a sword for Sven today.... any thoughts/feedback?

6SBQGUF.jpg
    eDVQXj0.jpg
  • Jalcober
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    Looks good but the shading the blade looks broken.
  • SemiColonThree
    PSA

i dont think new self mades will have sockets.

just recieved my sven set and u cant add effects to it.

OuCLkxN.png

And I used that yellow glowing hammer on the self made courier and it didn't destory it. Although, when I put a new unsual effect it didn't seem to do anything. Also the gem that is in the self made by default, I believe is a placeholder for what will be the unsusal self made effect.

I also tried putting the self made gem in another courier in an attempt to claim others (mainly vidottos) couriers as my own self made versions, sadly my villianous attempts failed, the gem doesnt carry over the self made title. :D!!

The new gem system is awesome, seriouslly, I'm hooked geming up everything haha! :P
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh they started distributing them out?
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I can confirm i also received mu Phantom Lancer set from the previous patch.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Got my items too! Woo!

Also, our latest courier is in! Go vote on it!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjsfFhji2M

FD6FEA7AE52E4C4B99385FD2EF9AC0C0545F9DE6
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PSA

i dont think new self mades will have sockets.

just recieved my sven set and u cant add effects to it.

Yup, I just got my axe and sotdae ward, no default socket, and no special gem. You can still socket them though.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That I don't know. I left that gem in there. If I had to guess, its a placeholder for the self-made particle.

Volvo! giff self made particles or the red X's back!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OuCLkxN.png

hahahaha im going to steal your chicken in return! =]

wait, let me undestand, that hammer doesnt destroy the item, it just get the gem out of it? so we can keep replacing and changin gems as much as we can buy hammers?
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fletch wrote: »
    A really simple spectre weapon I made. Was really a texture lesson to me, learning how to work with her colors. I think I really ended up getting the color scheme though :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195807387

NdNB2OV.jpg

hey sir, try using less background on your presentation and make the item bigger on it. Dont forget what you want to show =]
  • DarthNoobious
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys.

Newbie workshop item creator here :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182705393&searchtext=

ArMshpK.jpg

Making a KOTL staff now.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

that is great guys!

maybe i missed some parts, sorry if the question looks silly. but you guys plan to help just one organization or more then that? because i really like the idea but i would like to help a brazilian organization, we have a big problem with health and education there... unfortunatelly... if you dont have money to pay for a private health care you are screwed...
    and at the same time we have a lots of new gigantic stadiums for the worldcup... i love Brazil but i hate who takes the the decisions...
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    that is great guys!

maybe i missed some parts, sorry if the question looks silly. but you guys plan to help just one organization or more then that? because i really like the idea but i would like to help a brazilian organization, we have a big problem with health and education there... unfortunatelly... if you dont have money to pay for a private health care you are screwed...
    and at the same time we have a lots of new gigantic stadiums for the worldcup... i love Brazil but i hate who takes the the decisions...

As I understand it, you can donate to any charity, you just need to get them to make a steam account so you can share the revenue with them. I think cancer charities were suggested as this is what Movember is generally in aid of. It seems like Valve are leaving it down to the individual item creator rather than giving us some kind of chest where all proceeds go to charity. Great idea guys!
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hahahaha im going to steal your chicken in return! =]

wait, let me undestand, that hammer doesnt destroy the item, it just get the gem out of it? so we can keep replacing and changin gems as much as we can buy hammers?

It's suposed to, if you use the gold hammer on an unsual courier it's suposed to destory the item and extract the gems, its a trade. So I tested this and risked destorying my self-made cluckles, but when I pulled the gem out of it didn't get destoryed and I kept the gem. Which is also very strange because it isn't marked with anything, no name, nothing, other then usual gem. Self-Made Gem? Well, considering :3's discovery with the new selfmades, the new selfmades given out after this patch dont get one. I just got my two self mades this morning and nether had the gem as well.

But keep in mind, other unsual particles seem to have no effect on self mades, so pulling that gem out seems pointless.

Maybe I could sell the unsual gem for $48,000 like that other courier. Testing on the market right now! Muahahah!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    Just finished the color map for the bounty hunter today.

BH_wip2.jpg

awesome work as usual =]

also i want to share with you guys what happens when you mess with particles. i was trying to make some coins dropping from the bag on this set

5nccf.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK wrote: »
    As I understand it, you can donate to any charity, you just need to get them to make a steam account so you can share the revenue with them. I think cancer charities were suggested as this is what Movember is generally in aid of. It seems like Valve are leaving it down to the individual item creator rather than giving us some kind of chest where all proceeds go to charity. Great idea guys!

well, we could make it bigger, like suggesting a chest to them and also asking for some kind of counter like the mlg have, i can see if its possible to add on the main page of polycount too

im still thinking with hero to work =]
    It's suposed to, if you use the gold hammer on an unsual courier it's suposed to destory the item and extract the gems, its a trade. So I tested this and risked destorying my self-made cluckles, but when I pulled the gem out of it didn't get destoryed and I kept the gem. Which is also very strange because it isn't marked with anything, no name, nothing, other then usual gem. Self-Made Gem? Well, considering :3's discovery with the new selfmades, the new selfmades given out after this patch dont get one. I just got my two self mades this morning and nether had the gem as well.

But keep in mind, other unsual particles seem to have no effect on self mades, so pulling that gem out seems pointless.

Maybe I could sell the unsual gem for $48,000 like that other courier. Testing on the market right now! Muahahah!

i see now your intentions!!! a self made gem would be really expensive =]

but in the end we can add sockets to our self mades but it dont change the name right?
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Holy shit Tvi, just keep having the bounty hunter like that, SUPER DOSH HUNTER!