Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    Robo and I made a Dragon Knight weapon yesterday. I think it turned out well so i wanted to share it.

Slyrak's Tongue
    5.jpg
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like the handle.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    zzzzzzz...

I want back in the game!
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grats on that finish man! :D

I probably would have made the thumb a little less blurry/hard to make out whats going on. I like thumbs that are clean and easy to assess. But thats just personal preference really, i think :)

Grats mate!

Thank you all for your kind words.

@Anuxi. Thanks for suggestion about the thumb. Actually it was about 02AM when i made it, so i was in autopilot mode. There are realy too much brurry effects down there. I'll tune this thumb today.
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou wrote: »
    Robo and I made a Dragon Knight weapon yesterday. I think it turned out well so i wanted to share it.

Slyrak's Tongue
    5.jpg

good design. Especially the tip of the blade.
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Uliss wrote: »
    Now its on workshop. Thanks for the feedback )

xgN7Pru.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139656457

Looks awesome, glad you chose the purple one istead of the orange! :)
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Patch is here!

WORKSHOP
    - Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    I tried that, and it does nothing, it just enters you in a map where there is no interface or anything xD hope they fix it soon
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio wrote: »
    I tried that, and it does nothing, it just enters you in a map where there is no interface or anything xD hope they fix it soon
    Welp i'm getting only this right now
    401B2C5484A4E7E4C6B95640B624A779F6C65E9E

They have a day to fix it all anyway.
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Welp i'm getting only this right now
    401B2C5484A4E7E4C6B95640B624A779F6C65E9E

They have a day to fix it all anyway.

that big Error is an old friend of mine

made a lot of "error" couriers =]
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14

PLEASE if you get this post here
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=82450
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    PLEASE if you get this post here
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=82450

I noticed the lack of "lod1" option in some heroes a couple of updates ago. I'm sure brewmaster had this bug in his weapon slot last month, I don't know if they fixed that.

I think the option disappeared this time because actually there is no lod to see. The engine just couldn't find the model you just uploaded :(
  • Nannou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou polycounter lvl 5
    yeah, been a productive week with one set and 3 items done, all thanks to Robo. Here is the latest Scythe of Sacrifice for Phantom Assassin. I also have a stream here, if you want to see me make items.

scytheOfSacrifice.jpg
  • PoPcorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, That is sooo good. I'm really jealous.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @Nannou
    Really nice weapon!

@Anuxi, Vlad, Vidotto
    On the test client, the local game works for me, but I'm still getting a purple error model in the previewer. When I go to portrait mode in the previewer it crashes the client completely. Seems there's a whole mess of different things going on here :/ But it's definitely amazing that they added the option <3
  • Chaemirix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chaemirix polycounter lvl 10

If this happens to you in the future this is because you're not being assigned anywhere. If no one is on a team, the server restarts after 30 seconds.

To avoid this open up console and type one of the three:

jointeam good
    jointeam bad
    jointeam spec

This puts you on radiant, dire, or spectator respectively.
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Another patch is out! Portrait is still showing the "ERROR" model, I got the local game to work BUT that happens:

Just the mount model, no animation

2C7Nr

EDIT: LOL ghost mirana
    2C86o
  • HatPoweredSpyCrab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HatPoweredSpyCrab polycounter lvl 10
    @Nannou that looks amazing liking the shapes and the texture work
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5

Same thing here, whenever I open the test client I only have access to the options menu and that tutorial map, no other buttons whatsoever.

Hope they implement it in the next beta update this week, I'm very curious to see my items in game without needing to resort to doing all that extraction thing :)
  • TommyTehZombie
    Mines working, though the portrait is bugging out like mad.

AKFDPBu.jpg
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    it works for me now after the update :D
  • RossC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RossC polycounter lvl 9
    Has it been patched? Portrait isn't buggy for PA atleast.

NNAil4J.jpg

It's a neat addition to the workshop preview, it's given me a better idea on what to touch up.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    But it's definitely amazing that they added the option <3
    Actually it looks VERY rushed and it would've been better to add some fuctions we really need instead of putting together this mode that effectively ruined the rest of the uploading process. They'll have to fix a bunch of stuff, but most of it can be fixed via default lobby controls, like filling the server with bots, adding cheats, removing the hero selection, maybe adding a small menu for your workshop needs.

Not to mention that this is the presentation method we need least, because there's already Dota view preview mode and getting stuff "ingame" will probably result in people getting as close shot as they can, which ruins the point.

Funny that instead of some usefull feature (or at least polishing goddamn existing model preview and combining it with the capture tool) we'll be getting tons of fixes for this server mode for a couple of patches. Good thing that most of them are fixed through tweaking the server options.
    Now they'll have to figure out how to replace the ultimates and spells
    32AB1E9EAA64A5A71BEE5AC56ADE97297495F8F7

and not to force heroes to strip in the portrait view
    F0F222E7EAF058CCB542CF51B61871BD2DAA090C

Not to mention that because of the way different views in dota handled there'll be bunch of leakage between the testing serer and the workshop importer so i guess we'll have to restart Dota more often now.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There's always going to be growing pains unfortunately. I agree that it seems a bit rushed and like you said, it's missing some features. But most importantly I think it shows that Valve is willing to provide tools for its content creators and keep on improving those tools which to me is worth a lot. Color me a fan boy :D
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    Can anybody list the console commands to turn off the HUD/character selection effecs/health/etc.?
  • RossC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RossC polycounter lvl 9
    The new feature also seems to crash if I test a item, disconnect from the listen server, and try to test another model in a new listen server. Little steps I guess.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    please post that on the dev forums. You can make a new thread about it if you want, ongoing workshop importer issues or something. Its just no use complaining about it here. :D
  • marul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Paskie wrote: »
    Hmm, i guess it's time to stop posting my concepts :(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138552978

0QvzV26.jpg

It's a little late but i noticed that guy registered his account on March 13th, strange to post 3 items in a row in one month. I'm afraid that's just a precaution, to steal concepts and get away with it :(
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, been a productive week with one set and 3 items done, all thanks to Robo. Here is the latest Scythe of Sacrifice for Phantom Assassin. I also have a stream here, if you want to see me make items.

scytheOfSacrifice.jpg

Awesome weapon, but why?? Why now?? :p

Just kidding.. Need to improve my texturing a lot now after seeing this!
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

scytheOfSacrifice.jpg

Nannou raising the bar! Looks like i really need to get better at texturing :)
    Top notch!
  • Konras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Nice weapon Nannou, however presentation reminds me more LoL than DOTA2, especially with outline applied. Most people will not bother, but some probably will. In my opinion better avoid outlines because they could attracts haters.
  • BrontoThunder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
    Nannou raising the bar! Looks like i really need to get better at texturing :)
    Top notch!
    I think it might be robo's texturing - he textured the ES ward we did.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    There's always going to be growing pains unfortunately. I agree that it seems a bit rushed and like you said, it's missing some features. But most importantly I think it shows that Valve is willing to provide tools for its content creators and keep on improving those tools which to me is worth a lot. Color me a fan boy :D
    They showed that they'll add all the tools we need a long time ago, i'm just worried that if this patch will come through tomorrow it'll add more trouble than it's worth right now.
    please post that on the dev forums. You can make a new thread about it if you want, ongoing workshop importer issues or something. Its just no use complaining about it here. :D
    And here it is. http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=82545
    Please post your current importer tool bugs there.

I'm complaining on the other grounds, i just want them to polish and release the tools instead of piling and crashing.
  • Andyk125
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New patch details, let's hope the last thing will really work without problems :)

- Added Skywrath Mage!

COMMUNITY
    - Added stricter system implementing communication (voice and text) bans for abusive players.
    - Combined voice and text reports into a single 'communication' report.
    - Reduced reports per week to 4.
    - Removed ability for spectators to report players in-game.
    - Reports now allow single selection of behavior type only.

GAMEPLAY
    - Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
    - Doom: Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
    - Lich: Fixed Frost Armor auto-casting while Lich is channeling.
    - Magnus: Fixed a rare crash involving Skewer.
    - Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush not slowing attack speed.
    - Spectre: Fixed Haunt illusions moving while out of the game.
    - Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain travelling too fast.
    - Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not latching quite far enough.
    - Tusk: Fixed Tusk not issuing an attack order on the snowballed unit after the snowball crashes.
    - Enabled Drow and Tusk to Captain's Mode (Tournament Version next week)

UI
    - Added tab to the Watch section showing downloaded replay files.

VISUALS
    - Riki: Added Smoke Screen and Blink Strike animations.
    - Sniper: Added victory animations and more aggressive posing of idle, run and attack when enemy is in range.

BOTS
    - Bots now know to avoid standing in Macropyre and Ice Path.

WORKSHOP
    - Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server.
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

scytheOfSacrifice.jpg

Good job!!!
    Congrats.
  • Taumich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You all seam to start with a high polygon version of your items instead of firs making a base to detail later. My question is why? Thanks in advance.
  • MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    How do you even get into Dota 2 test correctly? I just get this dragon knight tutorial which is impossible to complete because Razor never spawns at the end....
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How does this look to you guys and gals? Add some more details? I think it looks clean and sharp. Maybe add a gradient to the middle. My local testserver seems to work flawless.

3hJ1kSb.jpg
  • Robobobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robobobo polycounter lvl 6
    I'm glad I met so good 3d artist :poly142:
  • Robobobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for liking my textures :D, Bronto's right :)
  • HatPoweredSpyCrab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HatPoweredSpyCrab polycounter lvl 10
    good work robo, your textures give a punch to the items :D
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How does this look to you guys and gals? Add some more details? I think it looks clean and sharp. Maybe add a gradient to the middle. My local testserver seems to work flawless.

3hJ1kSb.jpg
    I would've made it bigger overall. And the current sharp-to-blade ratio makes it feel like it's got round edges.
  • Robobobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :D
    hope valve will give some punch to my wallet
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Taumich wrote: »
    You all seam to start with a high polygon version of your items instead of firs making a base to detail later. My question is why? Thanks in advance.

you can do both

i used to build a sketch of the low first but now with the dynamesh and qremesher on zbrush i can start everything with an sphere and i simply dont worry with the mesh on the highpoly
    Robobobo wrote: »
    :D
    hope valve will give some punch to my wallet

if you keep that quality you can be sure of that =]
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shameless crosspost #3
    200x200.resizedimage

wo0YEai.jpg
    3sbpG3t.jpg
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would've made it bigger overall. And the current sharp-to-blade ratio makes it feel like it's got round edges.

Alrighty, so perhaps 1-2 % upscale and sharpen edges?

Close up of the previous test.

j74RGnM.jpg
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Hello guys, i've been away from the forum for a while, but i always keep an eye and i've seen so much amazing stuff. Congratulations to all those of you who got lots of items accepted, great job ;)
    I've finally had time to post these new items today. Lumious and Obscura... they are meant to be the first chapter on a series of weapon for different characters, all linked by a kind of alternative plot line...at least that should be the final goal, not sure if i'll ever achive it ;)
    Here are the 2 swords, both for Naga Siren. Ufortunately being able to work on them not more than 1 hour a day i didn't feel like doing making-of videos on these two.

Luminous Link

Obscura Link

naga_both.jpg
    naga_luminous.jpg
    naga_obscura.jpg
    naga_ingame.jpg
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    Hello guys, i've been away from the forum for a while, but i always keep an eye and i've seen so much amazing stuff. Congratulations to all those of you who got lots of items accepted, great job ;)
    I've finally had time to post these new items today. Lumious and Obscura... they are meant to be the first chapter on a series of weapon for different characters, all linked by a kind of alternative plot line...at least that should be the final goal, not sure if i'll ever achive it ;)
    Here are the 2 swords, both for Naga Siren. Ufortunately being able to work on them not more than 1 hour a day i didn't feel like doing making-of videos on these two.

Luminous Link

Obscura Link

naga_ingame.jpg
    It feels like that black is too black, you can't quite make out the details. Maybe you can push out the specs a bit.
  • Uliss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It feels like that black is too black, you can't quite make out the details. Maybe you can push out the specs a bit.
    I have the same feel.
    Your concept pages are awesome. But on the top to bottom view it feels strange, imo.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, hello, hello!
    Finished a wings for this lovely OD.

BAA311C945AC573FCD90F9A407891C3950DACB33

Link to the workshop

I hope you guys like them.

and if you can rate and comment I would love you a little more than I already do.

Thanks!!