Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This looks awesome!
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    God damn that art just wrecked me. The character designs are so unbelievably good, across the board. Animation is amazing. FX are effective yet restrained. I can't handle it.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    That cinematic was soooo good.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The art ... the FUCKING art. My god.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    wow, looks awesome! not that often im hyped about "FPS" styled games, but this looks super fun!
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    Yawn. We really don't need yet another FPS 0o.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvUSd70QM3c

Looks familiar ?
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    So, it's team fortress? Seeing the gameplay and art I just want to play what it was meant to be from the start rather then another objective based FPS. But I'm happy that they salvaged something from the project and it didn't just end up being time "wasted". :)
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Beauty...good work blizz peeps
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    :icon60:FanFreakinTastic!!!
    Amazing job to those who worked on it!
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    It looks really nice. Let's hope it plays really nice too.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Despite being different from the type of games that Blizzard usually puts out, this looks like a lot of fun and the art is beautiful. I can't wait to see more!
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Total and complete Artgasm :D
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Fuck yeah! :D

Also, this "TF2 ripoff" reaction for any game that is simple, colourful and stylized is really getting on my nerves, Valve dont "own" the rights to something being stylized, just as much as pixar don't own the rights to stylized animated movies.

It definitely looks like a lot of love went into this. Some are saying "It doesn't look blizzard" but to me everything about it screams what blizzard *represents*. Leaving the pretentious bullshit at the door and going over the top.

Cant wait to try it out. :)
  • Chiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chiffy polycounter lvl 7
    LOL, love the security guard playing Hearthstone. Looks awesome by the way
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    Visually it looks great, but why class based fps. I'd much rather have a quake/ut style arena shooter. The special abilities are cool but I don't like spawning with 1 or 2 weapons and being limited to only those.

Classes+special abilities and weapon pickups aren't mutually exclusive design concepts.
  • Jakob Gavelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakob Gavelli interpolator
    Damn. Very, very inspiring. Some of the normals almost look hand-painted. Blizzard constantly raising the bar of stylized graphics! Gah!
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
    It looks so good. People are talking shit because they are not getting another typical blizzard product... I think getting out of their comfort zone is best thing Blizzard can do ( and I really really want to see Warcraft IV ;P). Can't wait.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Looks so good! Congrats to all that worked on it. Can't wait to get into this world.
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    Blizzard's cinematics always blow me away! I think I'm at the point where I get more excited for them then I do for their games!
    (That said, I'm still looking forward to checking it out!)
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    I think I'm a fan of Tracer already :)

It looks interesting, I'm guessing each character can play for whatever team? It's a little bit hard to tell as some look evil as hell, some look "good," and others can go either way. Might have to do with how supposedly it's what was salvaged from Titan.

I wonder what engine they use. It kind of looks like Unreal which would make sense for an FPS, but since it's Blizzard and came from their mmo project, I'm betting it's some sort of inhouse engine.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    omg this looks amazing. i want it now.
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    This game looks amazing! Love the art!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Fantastic art style as always and it looks like a super fun shooter.

All the different movement abilitys of each class is really whats gonna set this game apart. So many different ways to traverse the map that you just dont have in other games.

I'm excited :)
  • Saf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saf polycounter lvl 11
    so pumped after trailer! so much appeal
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Looks like fun and i look forward to it.

But it does remind me a lot of TF2, not visuals but the classes. They are all like a mish mash of all the tf2 classes with flying added. Ok, its easy to make to comparison if you have sniper, heavy, spy, etc. But TF2 kinda invented it (or at least got the balance right). So thats why the comparison is made. But there's about 4 engi classes. So, lots of turtling... Hope the gameplay is fast. I also hope the maps are quite large, I feel the trailer makes the maps look quite small. might be wrong though.
  • Beinahruga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beinahruga polycounter lvl 3
    That art. Oh my god. Am I right in thinking that's the work of Arnold Tsang, Slipgatecentral and Hai Phan in there? The quality is so damn lush.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that was super exciting! What a fun, slick style.
  • .polygon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .polygon polycounter lvl 11
    I had to watch the gameplay trailer twice! yes!
    So when is open beta......I will be the guy looking at at the walls and floor textures
  • Guideborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guideborn polycounter lvl 6
    Tracer sounds so much like Vanille from FF13, both accent and tone. This really has a Big Hero 6 vibe to it.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    pior wrote: »
    Woot woot !

Did you model all those characters cause they def have a pior vibe to them?
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Glad they were able to salvage something from Titan, and I am sure it will do well... but is anyone get the "uninspired" vibe from it? Feels too much like a TF2 without the charm or the blizzard styling we have come to love. Maybe its just the cluster-funk of environments and characters thats throwing me off. Just a first impression though, the bar is raised pretty high when it comes to Blizzard art/products (thats a compliment).
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    ae. wrote: »
    Did you model all those characters cause they def have a pior vibe to them?

Some of them also have a vibe from Renaud.
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Blaizer wrote: »
    Some of them also have a vibe from Renaud.

Yeah, can we get a census of our super stars here on polycount that contributed to this amazing looking game? I'm going to guess Nick Carver had a hand in this too. :)

Congratz to everyone who worked on this for the unveiling today! The game is gorgeous and I can't wait to play the beta.
  • Kraftwerk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraftwerk polycounter lvl 18
    Scrap the game make a full movie because the movie trailer seriosuly has blown me out of the chair. The game art is stunning love where they go there, but the game yeah it feels like TF2 no daubt about that, but i signed for the beta lets see if its fun and better a good copy then a crappy original yeah ?
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    God, it's so pretty.
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    I wouldn't put it exactly at team fortress 2. I'd say more like Wolfenstein Enemy Territory or that other game from Splash Damage ( Can't place the name right now... ) with the objective based combat.

The classes , sure. Tf2 inspired but a lot more fleshed out, imo.

I just hope there won't be any fucking hats.

I'm so fucking inspired right now. I got teary eyed watching the trailer.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heads up, a certain writer for a youtube channel with the word "frequency" in it is already calling Overwatch's character designs sexist. You are off to a good start!
  • Shadowstep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadowstep polycounter lvl 9
    Can anyone familiar with PBR weigh in on whether or not this game does it? The visuals look shinier than I'd expect from a hand-painted style.
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    This is SO good looking. I just which is was another game concept... don't like FPS.
    But the art! Stunning. Those environments look so so SO lovely. Just inspiring.
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    Dataday wrote: »
    Heads up, a certain writer for a youtube channel with the word "frequency" in it is already calling Overwatch's character designs sexist. You are off to a good start!

Rolls eyes so hard they fall out of my head
    Venting alert: Seriously, even if this were the case, how is just yelling this into the internet right out of the gate even at all helpful? I have my problems with some of the designs, but honestly comparatively even to some of Blizzards other games they're really tame and a step forward. Seriously, they could easily be actually making a difference by providing actual useful critique or *GASP* designing stuff themselves to make her point more impactful than just standing on a soapbox complaining. blarhgagarrhhhgah.

At least you know word about this is spreading fast though. Free marketing!

IGNORING THAT THOUGH...
    Looks bloody rad. I'm not the biggest Blizzard fan, always loved the art and worlds but had trouble getting into the actual games... This is something I'll be able to pick up easily, so I'm pretty hyped! Art and design direction is also incredible and wonderful to look at.
    ...Also the character designs though. I'm kinda in love, here, and luckily for me FPS is totally my jam.

:thumbup: Good job to any and all who worked on this. Nice to hear that not absolutely everything from Titan was killed in a cleansing flame, too.
  • Ben Milette
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben Milette polycounter lvl 9
    Dataday wrote: »

Do you have a link for this, I'm not seeing anything on her twitter or youtube?

NVM, it's not Anita Sarkeesian, that's why.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have a link for this, I'm not seeing anything on her twitter or youtube?

He writes and produces the show.
    http://archive.today/PvQ1t

I dont want this to get too far off topic though. The art in overwatch is fantastic, and there's a wide variety of characters of both genders. I just cant help but shake my head at some ppl looking to get offended at something if not everything.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Shadowstep wrote: »
    Can anyone familiar with PBR weigh in on whether or not this game does it? The visuals look shinier than I'd expect from a hand-painted style.

Well the metals do look very PBR like, but the environment has a lot of areas that I don't see any sort of specular reflection. Looks like they took some PBR ideas, but are only really using them on characters.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    :( He ignored Fareeha. She's one of my favorite Hero designs, so now I'm more upset about that than anything.
    The design spread is pretty even though-- 5 Humanoid Females, 5 Humanoid males, 1 Gorilla, 1 Battlebot.

Also, watched the gameplay vid again and I'm seeing why people are comparing it to TF2 from these shots. Not entirely sure I think that's a bad thing. :)
  • Aabel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aabel polycounter lvl 6
    It's playable at Blizzcon and yes it's a lot like TF2. Though the pure shooter elements in Overwatch are greatly minimized. Really not sure what to think about it yet.

Game looked great and was buttery smooth though!
  • Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    Heh,loving the art, action looks really fun to, though i wonder how they will balance out so many different play styles.

The only thing that i'm not maybe too fond of, are the dwarf and Reaper guy. Most of the other characters feels really unique, while those two don't so much i think. Models looks great and all, just idea about having generic evil guy like Reaper i think is not quiet on the same level as the other characters.

But, that's just a minor thing really, otherwise i really dig that art.
    My first thought was : "blizz, stop making games, start making movies"...that cinematic trailer was just awesome, as expected from blizz. :P

Good job guys (And gals,if any)!
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Right, so I need new underwear. The art is stunning and the style is just sick!

That being said, gameplay looks like a hectic fuckfest, so not sure how well it will work out.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    1415465356-qwerty.png

DAT G.I

My only concerns about this would be the ingame animations but you can't have everything I guess.