Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Key me! <3
    Would love to try this, been kicking it with another beta but they just ruined it for now.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    played it a bit, really digging it! It's nice to be in a mech again, and the presentation is really freaking cool in-game. still getting used to the guns and 'abilities' of the mechs, but the more I learn the more fun I'm having.. can't wait to upgrade my mech.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Snader wrote: »
    I feel so cool being in this club.

And Mongrelman; NDA, you should edit your post.

That doesn't make sense since everyone has seen this by now:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv5bOOg2pLE&amp;&quot;]? WTF Is... - Hawken [Direct Feed] (PAX Edition) ? - YouTube[/ame]

It show more then anything you guys could tell us considering they cover pretty much all the points outside the settings.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    ;_; no key for me
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas polycounter lvl 10
    Got an email no key = sad panda,I want in
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    Ive been playing this and its so good!Still need to get better at strafing quicker but yeah so awesome!
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    Sweet, got a key from HitmonInfinity! thanks :D
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    tried to redeem my alpha key today :

This code has no more charges left.

*sad panda*
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    tried to redeem my alpha key today :

This code has no more charges left.

*sad panda*

They should be sending out new codes. They acknowledged this issue was occuring with a lot of folks.
  • Paul Pepera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Pepera polycounter lvl 9
    They sent out new codes few hours ago. It works for me now. I'm really enjoying the game so far.
  • Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    woo! downloading now, I'll be shooting rockets by lunch!
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    where is my keeey, they lied :( ( cry cry cry >>), oh well will wait then
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I want this now. Like now now. I am physically incapable of waiting.

[EDIT] ALSFHALHADGLJ I WANT A KEY
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Was able to have a go at it yesterday courtesy of HitmonInfinity,thanks again.So my thinking was yeah so its FPS only I'm inside a mech,no problem I've been playing CS:Go so it won't be an issue.Deploy mech- geez I got my butt handed to me,no let me rephrase that I was brutally detroyed lol.The movement/view takes some getting used to,I'm also having some problem in quickly determining enemies from allies.Combat is satisfying though and the fast pace of battle is really enjoyable.I only have 3 mech types so far and I'm looking forward to trying out the other ones.So yeah later tonight I'm gonna give it a 2nd try and hopefully I'll do better this time.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
    ok this game is addicting.. not good, i got alot of work to do lol

:(
  • littleclaude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    littleclaude quad damage
    Can not wait to devote some time to this game!!
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    It show more then anything you guys could tell us considering they cover pretty much all the points outside the settings.

Does that matter? A contract is a contract.

The point is that WE are not allowed to say anything, not that THEY are not to show. The whole idea behind an NDA is that the media outages (up to release date) are controlled by the marketing department.

You've signed an NDA, so you don't tell shit. You shut your mouth for the privilege of playing first, IMO.

edit: also, as an extra motivation - what do you think future employers (which might browse these boards) will think if you can't even follow a simple NDA?
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Anyone having any problems playing the alpha, at all?

I managed to play it for about 10 mins before it booted me to desktop and gave me a survey to fill out. After that, it hasn't let me get back into a server again - It'll let me get into the game, just not onto a server. It kicks me back to desktop every time I try.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    ^^^ I've had no problems yet. It downloaded an update on start up when i played today. Did you get the update?
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Click Verify on the launcher to grab the patch.
  • [demonplay]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith wrote: »
    Anyone having any problems playing the alpha, at all?

I managed to play it for about 10 mins before it booted me to desktop and gave me a survey to fill out. After that, it hasn't let me get back into a server again - It'll let me get into the game, just not onto a server. It kicks me back to desktop every time I try.

Yeah I had that problem last night, I checked the forums and a lot of other people were having it too. Should be working now!
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Updated and it worked again. Quit out and jumped back in and it's resumed booting me to desktop.

Otherwise, quite enjoyed the missile assault mode. Hope they build more maps for that, or expand out to other game modes - Deathmatch is a bit boring nowadays.
  • illo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    any chance I could get a lovely alpha key? I pretty much played the alpha nonstop at PAX Freeplay. super addicting. I can totally imagine this becoming one of the next great e-sports.
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh so I have to verify it to get the patch lol, I thought the servers were down.
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SO I did the verification thing,says ready to play on the status.But aint a single server shows up for me still.Anyone have an idea why?
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    That's strange, it should have downloaded the update for you. I would suggest checking around on the alpha2 forums (links from the launcher) and seeing if anyone else has a solution.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    Man, I can't wait till I get into the beta! Looks bloody great!
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reinstalling seems to work.Redownloaded the patch,works A ok now.Bsck to the battlefield for me :)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    got to play it for two days .. love it..
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    Aw, crap. Just got my access to alpha 2. Planning to work hard tonight too.

I'll play half-four just to get a taste :poly136:
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Don't do it, Sugar. You won't be able to stop.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    Makkon wrote: »
    Don't do it, Sugar. You won't be able to stop.

I believe you but...it just crashed after I finished the tutorial. Maybe I'll fire it up again this weekend. I'm no good with shooters.

I need a Starcraft quickie to make up for the abrupt ending! :poly127:
  • hostilis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hostilis polycounter lvl 13
    Wow I got invited to play alpha 2! Downloading now.
  • Fusobotic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fusobotic polycounter lvl 6
    Played a few matches, reminds me a lot of Quake III days where skill and timing of shots mattered, and where people didn't die within a few seconds of you shooting them. Since it's an alpha the game still has quite a few bugs, but it's definitely lots of fun.

Does anyone know whether there will be a single player story mode and maybe even co-op? The live-action trailer seems to hint at some sort of story-line. It would be nice if it weren't just a multiplayer game.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    The game itself is multiplayer only. We've hinted at the possibility of cooperative play, but that will be down the line.

As for story, there's a graphic novel, a web series, and a feature film on the horizon.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Hardly needs an official story, you've done so much with the world building and style as it is that every level tells it's own story. But I'm excited to see the web series and graphic novel in completion. And a film! Holy crap!
  • Delerium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Playing the hell out of this game and I see the potential beyond all the bugs I encounter(is there any in game bug reporter BTW?)

The one main thing that annoys me the most is the GUI. Yes its super slick that all the gauges and meters and what not is represented in the cockpit interior, but its not fun to have to look around all over the screen to find those small numbers and meters in a middle of a fight. I don't think the GUI-designer played the game after he made those decisions.

Apart from bugs, random disconnections and a horrible GUI its a really fun game and I will certainly play it when it hits gold.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    personally I haven't had any problems with the UI. After the first few times looking down I remembered where each icon was, for each mech. I LOVE feeling like I'm actually in a mech, because it actually feels like theres no 'ui' at all the way it's built, as opposed to the standard gamey representation of elements.
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with bounchfx on the UI.It was a bit difficult at first but after a couple of games I get used to it and actually it adds to the immersion and the feel that your piloting a mech.

Some minor concerns for me though are the following:
    The message tab fades out so fast that during intense fights people doesnt seem to notice them and also with the text color its a bit hard to read.
    The post process effect makes it hard for me to spot other mechs.I wish there's a way to tone it down,the film grain effect and all that.
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    I had tough luck actually getting into games. Managed to get into 1 and it was a blast. I was just surprised the game could run on my computer.

In terms of the interface I didn't really have any problems, though I did use the audio cues a lot more though.
  • Delerium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, Ill probably get used to the GUI the more Ill play... One thing that I don't think belong in the game is the radar map, it totally ruins the nerve of the game(for me), when you see the opponent as a red dot and don't have to scout for him, and you cant sneak either because you are a red dot in the enemy radar also... Would be awesome to have radar free maps...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Delerium wrote: »
    Yeah, Ill probably get used to the GUI the more Ill play... One thing that I don't think belong in the game is the radar map, it totally ruins the nerve of the game(for me), when you see the opponent as a red dot and don't have to scout for him, and you cant sneak either because you are a red dot in the enemy radar also... Would be awesome to have radar free maps...

This I do agree with, at least partially. There's something cool about the 'listen for cues' gameplay of Counter Strike, but that being said, this is a 'futuristic' game where radar is probably widely available and most likely exists. I don't mind it, but it would also be nice to have a radar-off option.

Then again, they don't appear on your radar unless they're making noise or within your field of vision, I think.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I've sneaked up on plenty of unsuspecting blokes. If they're looking at the radar while they're on their way to an objective, then they spot me. Usually they aren't though.
    So I drop kick them with a slug and a rifle shot in the back (after I emp their face off). By the time they see me, they're already almost dead. The radar doesn't spoon feed you information. When shots are fired and when an enemy is in close proximity is when it works.

I wish there were little outposts where you could refill your tactical items.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    servers are so unstable right now out of 10 games i was disconnected from 8 of them :(
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Best music to listen to while playing hawken:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I&quot;]Gustav Holst - The Planets - Mars, the Bringer of War - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b65wYiE5N4&quot;]Richard Wagner - Ride Of The Valkyries (HD) - YouTube[/ame]
  • Xendance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xendance polycounter lvl 7
    Hmm, I can't seem to find how to enable toggle sprint, as my keyboard doesn't like shift + space + W pressed down at the same time, I kinda need a sprint toggle :P
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    It's not the best method, but you can change sprint to be double tapping a direction. I find being able to double tap back to turn around is a nice mechanic. I did find that It's hard for me to play because my computer is too outdated. My Geforce 9600GT I guess can't handle all of the explosions.

I also love the momentum you have in mechs, I tried building a really big and heavy one, was so awesome going from super slow to a pretty fast sprint.
  • Delerium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I retract everything I said about the radar, fucking low it. You have to understand how it works, thats why I was frustrated before :poly139:
    Still think the GUI could get some love but overall its the most addictive and fun game I played in a long while. Amazing! One thing that also could get some more attention is the match making in team death matches. Sometimes its very uneven, it starts out with 3 vs 3 and then people join and its suddenly 5 vs 3.
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Hop on tomorrow afternoon and play with all the devs! It's the last day of alpha so we're going to have some fun :)