Home General Discussion

E3 awesomes and LAMES

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    sicsided wrote: »
    Joystiq reported that in a closed meeting, Miyamoto said a new Zelda was coming out in 2010, later in the year. Nintendo didn't show it because of the state it was in. No press was allowed to take pics or video of it.

Goody! I don't mind waiting to see it if it is going to be good. :) No furry fur faggery this time plz! Something between Wind Waker and Ocarina would be perfect...
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    Yo guys, I'm actually on line for ODST right now haha but here's what I thought about what I thought so far...

Seeing dantes inferno... wow, it looks amazing
    And holy shit does mass effect 2 look good. They played for 20 minutes and I was blown away. One thing I thought the whole time they were demoing was ' we really don't need better graphics than this. That impressive - it's going to be one hell of a game. Brutal legend looks and plays fantastic as well.

More later
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    LAMES: no online play for new super mario brothers
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    bounchfx wrote: »
    Yo guys, I'm actually on line for ODST right now haha but here's what I thought about what I thought so far...

Seeing dantes inferno... wow, it looks amazing
    And holy shit does mass effect 2 look good. They played for 20 minutes and I was blown away. One thing I thought the whole time they were demoing was ' we really don't need better graphics than this. That impressive - it's going to be one hell of a game. Brutal legend looks and plays fantastic as well.

More later

gasp! What media outlet had a 20 minutes gameplay demo! I must know!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I'm so psyched for MAG. I hope they get those standard fps mechanics done right'n'good because I'm really really itching for a 256 player battle.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    went today, sorry i didnt call anyone i totally forgot to charge my phone so i was not ignoring you...

i played brutal legend, i loved it... not the most polished of games, but the pacing was nice ,i really dug the cinematic moments and appearances by ozzy and lemmy... think of it like a metal kingdom hearts., the character designs were outstanding very creative..

bayonetta was my game of the show, i dont like hack and slash games much but it just oozed style and had a lot of impressive effects and the art direction was incredible, there is no screen shot in existence that will do this game justice you have to play it, it was fast paced, i fought like 6 bosses in 15 mins.. its so over the top and funny to play it kind of makes fun of itself and never takes itself too seriously. but just the fact that everything is so readable and clean and running at 60 fps.. it was a total eye orgasm....i wish the animation was a bit more polished though felt a bit robotic

kind of disappointed in god of war, its fun, no doubt but visually there were just too many elements that didn't fit together, but they have time to unify it all, i think some post effects or better lighting system would tie everything together .. right now its a bit inconsistent. but the camera movements and animation are top shelf

uncharted was cool, but i am already in the multiplayer beta so i seen most of what they showed, i wish they had the single player stuff from the press conference on the floor, that was awesome..

biggest dissapointment was fat princess..i was really excited to play this..
    . i think this is suppose to be sony's answer to castle crashers, but it was a buggy glitch-fest, collision was horrible ...the game supports 32 players but i couldn't manage to find a game with more than 5 people.... the AI is stupid and does stuff like heals you underwater so you cant die , just sit there in an infinite healing loop stuck in the water,.... the game looks really cool, love the style and the blood and gibs, but it was a bit of a mess

it ws fun, but there was not enough stuff on the floor to get too excited about..

blizzcon was cooler..
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i went today also. it was a big disappointment for me. I mean, i was expecting it to be at least twice as big with 3 times more people.

biggest disappointment of all:

NO SWAG! All i was able to find was that assassins creed 2 poster. thats it, no shirts no nothing.

also, modern warfare 2 was not playable for some reason (i know it WAS playable, but i couldnt find out where. i think it was one of those behind the scenes things. its really lame how i cant even play it or take my friends to play it even though i fucking worked on it)

the only good thing was that the lines were relatively short. i got my badge holder without a line. only long line was for god of war.

game im looking forward to are forza motorsport 3 (felt really solid). i tried the 3 screen steering wheel setup and made a total ass of myself. i was sliding all over the place, the force feedback was so strong, i was not expecting it.

im also looking forward to assassins creed 2, modern warfare 2, im sure there were others, i forgot.

DARKSIDERS was playable. they had 15 or so booths to play it. it seems cool, but not my cup of tea i guess. im really not into the whole god of war fightstyle.
  • Microneezia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Microneezia polycounter lvl 10
    No love for Square Enix? they released a total shocker IMO. Im elated! FFXIV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QaRtu2SbA

http://kotaku.com/5276066/ps3-exclusive-final-fantasy-xiv-announced

This beats everything for me... There goes the next 4 years...
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Fock you arsh. Im so jealous of you.

Speaking of Brutal Legend. Check the E3 trailer if you haven´t
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-brutal-legend/50431

Mr ozzy himself :)
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    00Zero that Forza setup must have been sick! I seen the video, the chair had hydraulics and they had the killer racing wheel. It looks like racing game heaven!
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Any PCers wanna hit up a club with us tomorrow
  • o2car
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    o2car polycounter lvl 16
    e3protestors.jpg

If the speculations are true about EA marketing to be behind this - it´s awesome.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/03/e3-2009-protesters-go-after-eas-dantes-inferno-outside-conven/
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    o2car wrote: »

If the speculations are true about EA marketing to be behind this - it´s awesome.

EA almost has to be behind it. This game is barely or just coming on the radar to most hardcore gamers, how would a bunch of Christian nut jobs have heard about it already? And you're right, it is awesome. :thumbup:
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    EA almost has to be behind it. This game is barely or just coming on the radar to most hardcore gamers, how would a bunch of Christian nut jobs have heard about it already? And you're right, it is awesome. :thumbup:

Never underestimate the ability of christian nut jobs to latch on to some obscure media. EA isn't controversial enough to organize this. These are genuine crazies I guarantee it.
  • [Deleted User]
    TWilson wrote: »
    EA isn't controversial enough to organize this.
    Any large corporation is controversial enough to contract a marketing group, who are all smart enough to do something like this
  • maltuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went yesterday and had a good time. Highlights for me were Brutal Legend and Batman. As mentioned earlier, the Forza 3 setup was pretty awesome.

The alienware booth had this craziest monitor I have ever seen.
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    maltuna wrote: »

The alienware booth had this craziest monitor I have ever seen.

So it was talking 911 conspiracies and how it was connected to the fake moon landing? :) What was it like to make it crazy?
  • Josh_Singh
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    TWilson wrote: »
    Never underestimate the ability of christian nut jobs to latch on to some obscure media. EA isn't controversial enough to organize this. These are genuine crazies I guarantee it.

no they were not genuine crazies.. they were handing out pamphlets, like real crazies do, but they were just giving you advertisements for the actual game. they said something to effect of, do you want to risk going to hell just to play this really fun awesome incredible game???

pretty clever on EA's part, i thought it was all real until i got one of the pamphlets, then it was obvious that it was fake.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Electronic Anti-Christ's arf arf. :D
  • maltuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc wrote: »
    So it was talking 911 conspiracies and how it was connected to the fake moon landing? :) What was it like to make it crazy?

I swear, it was talking to me. :poly142:

alienware-arc-monitor.jpg
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    ffffffffffuuuuu~~ :O
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, Josh that darksider's is looking pretty cool. I'm not a Joe Mad fan, by any stretch, but it's kinda cool to see something slightly different, in game art.

Some stuff about it is REALLY bugging me, like War looks more like Prince Arthas, of Spawn. And I'm not sure if they changed it, but the sketches I saw for the other horsemen were dreadful. some of the worst horsemen designs I've ever seen, ever. But on the flip side, the bosses and mini-bosses are incredibly cool. THAT is what I wanna see in a game. Joe seems to have a way with boss designs, but his hero designs are lacking, in my view anyway. The game itself is looking like a hell of a lot of fun, I gotta admit. But yet again, I'll probably be stuck hoping for a pc release so I can play it.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    From Gamespot's "Who was best" E3 poll

1. Microsoft: Crackdown 2, Halo: Reach, Left 4 Dead 2, Forza 3, Project Natal
    41% ( 2,918 )

2. Sony: PSP Go, Motion Control, Team Ico's The Last Guardian, Rockstar's PS3 exclusive
    22% ( 1,588 )

3. Konami: New Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid Rising for PS3/PC/360
    10% ( 739 )

4. Nintendo: New Metroid, Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Vitality Sensor
    8% ( 609 )

5. EA: APB, EA MMA, New Star Wars: Old Republic trailer
    6% ( 478 )

6. Square Enix: Final Fantasy XIV Online for PS3, PC, and maybe 360
    5% ( 362 )

7. Miyamoto roundtable: New Wii Zelda in 2010
    3% ( 229 )

8. Ubisoft: Avatar, Mizuguchi Project, Your Shape, Tintin
    1% ( 73 )
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So where the hell is Eidos contribution? I want my Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3 info/movies.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    TEETH!! If I don't get me some Teeth 4 and Hitmun soon I'm gunna cry :(
  • s0id3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s0id3 polycounter lvl 8
    I was hoping they would talk about a new Tomb Raider...
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    iirc, all eidos brought to e3 was batman, mini ninjas, and something that couldn't have been impressive since i've forgotten it