Home General Discussion

E3 awesomes and LAMES

Replies

• Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Murdoc polycounter lvl 11
    YAY Pre-rendered trailer thats cooler then anything the game could ever provide, yay! Squirrel! *looks away*
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I heard Blur did the Star Wars cinematic. It was sexy as hell. Now give me that as a full length movie and I will watch it twice!
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Done herd that Ozzy is in Brutal Legend!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I heard Blur did the Star Wars cinematic. It was sexy as hell. Now give me that as a full length movie and I will watch it twice!

It looked like Blur.

The female bounty hunter's face looks like their stock female head.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo wrote: »
    that milo thing could be interesting

standard 360 owner "Milo i just finished making this custom level and i need to test it"
    Milo "its sure dark down here"
    standard 360 owner "the dark is the least of your problems, feel around your feet for some lotion, now apply it to your skin"

I laughed disturbingly...
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    the SW cinematic was typical blur awesomeness, really fucking cool. ODST looks really empty and lifeless from what ive seen, bareley anything moving and just glowing lines everywhere, kinda lame.

splinter cell looks pretty cool, ill be interested in seeing the overall arch.

MW2 ofcourse looks badass, especially cant wait to bust out the glock on the snowmobiles :D
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    did brutal legend get any new trailers at all?
  • javi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    javi polycounter lvl 16
    seforin wrote: »
    did brutal legend get any new trailers at all?

They said tomorrow a new one is coming, the one showed today just featured voice talents.
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    LAME: Ubisoft keynote. Approaching 2 hours of Snoozefest. Just get to BG&E already!
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    yea ubisoft keynote was a yawnfest except the last 4 minutes where the assasins creed trailer popped up. Insane!

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14302493/assassins-creed-2/videos/assassinscreed2_trl_e3_052909.html

yeah the video someone posted on the Natal is pretty corny but the actual live demo on stage was what kind of made me think wow there is a lot of possibilities. Even if you're not into moving around for your games it can be used as an easy way to interact with your interface etc. The on stage demo was basically real time motion capture, was really cool I thought.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Its simultaneously sad and awesome that the Old Republic cinematic is already better than the last 3 Star Wars films.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zomfg cant wait for asscreed2
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    just want to pop in as see if anyone knows if valve is charging full price for l4d2? or if its an add-on pack?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Assassins Creed 2 trailer was god damn beautiful. Jesus, well done Ubi.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    adamBrome wrote: »
    Assassins Creed 2 trailer was god damn beautiful. Jesus, well done Ubi.

yep, day 1 purchase for me :)
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ughhh how am i supposed to finish my finals with all this E3 buzz going around. i cant concentrate at all, i know how it feels like to have ADD now.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. wrote: »
    just want to pop in as see if anyone knows if valve is charging full price for l4d2? or if its an add-on pack?

no word yet. Rock Paper Shotgun has a podcast interview with someone from Valve talking about why it is a separate game and such, but I don't remember a price point in there. He said it is a full fledged separate release though, yet community maps can be transferred to work in both.
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Newell said that Valve's support of the game post-launch will be essential for growing the community.

He said: "One of the things that we're doing is we seem to be in a transition between games as a package product and games more of a service. So if you look at Team Fortress 2, one of things that's really helped grow the community is the continuous updates, where we release new maps, new character classes, new unlockables, new weapons. And we tell the stories about the characters, like the meet the sniper, or meet the sandwich. And that ongoing delivery of content really seems to grow the community.

"So each time we've released one of those for Team Fortress 2 we've seen about a 20% increase in the number of people who are playing online. And that number is really important because it determines how many community created maps there are, how many servers are running, and so on. So we'll do the same thing with Left 4 Dead where we'll have the initial release and then we'll release more movies, more characters, more weapons, unlockables, achievements, because that's the way you continue to grow a community over time."

What happed, Gabe? What happened? This will only split the L4D community and if it's $50, seriously, go F yourself. l4D1 was half off a few months later and it took 4 months to get all the maps into versus, now you do a sequel? Bah.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    wow, really? you're demanding free stuff simply because they've given you free stuff in the past?

I think I've gotten my $60 dollars worth out of L4D. Will I pick up the sequel? Dunno, maybe... but I'm for goddamned sure not going to be upset because it's not given to me for free.

[not specifically you, Murdoc. I've just seen too many people bitching and moaning about this]
  • Murdoc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I know what your saying Sec, but I think a lot of people just come to expect it from Valve, which doesn't mean anything, until the guy actually says it(see above quote)

So I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting it after they specifically said it.

For me I'm totally willing to pay for add on content, full expansions, but another game just means my friends list will probably be split in two, and for a co-op game like L4D that's pretty harsh since pubs are basically unplayable at this point.
  • Slainean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean polycounter lvl 18
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    wow, really? you're demanding free stuff simply because they've given you free stuff in the past?

I think I've gotten my $60 dollars worth out of L4D. Will I pick up the sequel? Dunno, maybe... but I'm for goddamned sure not going to be upset because it's not given to me for free.

[not specifically you, Murdoc. I've just seen too many people bitching and moaning about this]

Are they really demanding free stuff when people (myself included) bought the game on their promise of additional content that wasn't released (although they did make good with survival mode, etc)? Their expectations are based on what was said, not just their good reputation.

I'm not angry by any means, but everyone at Valve's offices should have anticipated some backlash. I know my first thought was that people would be upset.

That said, I'll be happier about buying the sequel if there is a benefit to purchasing L4D1 a la Rockband 1->Rockband 2 song transfers.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Im against Sectaurs, free stuff is the best evar! :) Hey who is saying they cant continuesly support the two games at the same time!? huh? ah who am im trying to kid...

Call of Duty(6) MW 2 looked great! ihope that is going to be a awesome ride. just deliver it with as many mp maps they can i felt that nr was lacking from the first :P

AC2 trailer is awesome, congrats fellow ubies working on it!
  • Blaizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    i liked the cinematic trailer of the new Splinter Cell the most and AC2 too, their face work are far better than the showed on all the other trailers. A pity that the games look very similar as the previous parts.

Not much news on this E3... always the same games and not good surprises. L4d2 is all the same, what a shame! :D.

I was expecting to see games as good in graphics as crysis, but nothing.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Looking at the interviews and other tidbits of info about L4D2, it's sounding like they weren't entirely happy with how Left4Dead turned out and want to have another crack at it to get everything right the second time around. That isn't really indicated by the videos, but it looks like they've just dumped everything they had into the old engine to show off for E3.
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
  • dehebo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SW:Old Republic cinematic is just f'in awesome, want more. really hoping that game delivers, albeit mmo + sw = life drain, and if its actually good it probably means the missus taking a hatchet to the desktop.
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    The Halo: ODST gameplay trailer is the best thing I saw come out of this whole clusterfuck today; the announced 60$ tag doesn't even phase me, the game looks fucking great.

I haven't even seen anything regarding Assassin's Creed 2 and already I'm a bit sick of it. Loved the first one, hated the hype.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *cough HALO cough*
  • CompanionCube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CompanionCube polycounter lvl 12
    the whole xbox natal controller and lionheads Milo boy is just such a lie, theres no way it will be like that good. i wonder how many lies nintendo and sony are gona have at their conferences today.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    I think Tibor is about to be the most awesome game of this con, the artdirection is sooooooo.... unique.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    WOLFENSTEIN
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-wolfenstein/50084?type=mov

new video finally revealing the Tesla Gun, some powers, and a bunch of weapon/power upgrades.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Assassin's Creed 2 cinematic trailer was really nice. Reminded me a lot of Blizzard stuff quite a few times with the composition and colour choices. Very good work.
  • Rota626
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rota626 polycounter lvl 17
    MoP wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed 2 cinematic trailer was really nice. Reminded me a lot of Blizzard stuff quite a few times with the composition and colour choices. Very good work.

I feel extremely lucky, `cos I had the pleasure to work on this trailer. although I'm a really small cog in the Digic machine, I'm very happy with the result, so thanks in the name of the team :).
    This is the coolest thing I`ve worked on so far :)

Cheers :

Rota
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Guess I'm a bit of the odd-man out again. I thought L4D 2, MW2, and Alan Wake were the only decent things at the MS show. Natal looked really dumb, I can't stand Halo, or any of the halo by-products, and I haven't been able to stomach any FF game since 7. The little Epic mini-game-whatever was kinda lame, although I'd buy it if I had a 360.

I don't know, it's very exciting to have all these game announcements, after all the studio closing announcements. Makes me feel there is still hope left, whether I like the game or not doesn't mean a damn. Maybe next year MS will have it's biggest release yet, no more RROD!!! Which is something I'm starting to think they can use to fudge the sales numbers with. XX million 360's sold!!! And how many of those are replacement boxes? Should those still count as "sales"?

Bah, stopping before total rant begins.....
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so what's this going to be?

4 player Mario?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    nintendo conference just kicked off..

new mario has co-op... looks like little big planet
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I could potentially get behind that. Especially since I liked the one on the DS.

Still though, I'll wait until price goes down on it.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Is it just me or does the one talking in the nintendo conferance look really pissed off?
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The new concept behind the new Mario is more players? WHOA, revolutionary! Hehe :P
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nintendo is gangsta thats how they roll, reggie always looks like he is about kick someones ass too.

i have a feeling this press conference is going to be all facts and chartz and shit..
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bah.

wiimotion plus...

as if watching that video is going to make me say, 'Oh yeah! it really DOES make things more accurate and believable!'
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    as if watching that video is going to make me say, 'Oh yeah! it really DOES make things more accurate and believable!'

Totally!! I felt like I could play my Wii sports better with that thing! :P
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I'm only going to be reminded of my shaky hands more with wiimotion plus?
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I'm only going to be reminded of my shaky hands more with wiimotion plus?

You saw his shakiness when shooting, or missing the bullseye...

How much is The Resort, and Wii Motion Plus going to be?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    god i hate nintendo, i am turning this shit off, i will just read the updates later..
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WTF! New games are going to require Wii Motion Plus? Rip off!!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, he actually said that all the mistakes I make in real life sports will be reflected in the game...

How does that sound fun?
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Aye, its so dull to watch...

They don't get it. At all...

Release a new Mario game thats oldschool. Release a new 2D metroid for DS. Maybe a new Metroid for Wii. Release a CLASSIC style Zelda game for Wii, and maybe a retro 2D LttP style game for DS...

And thats it. Close shop. Go home. What the fuck is this sports bollocks...? I mean i know it sells a LOT but still...
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    odium wrote: »
    Aye, its so dull to watch...

They don't get it. At all...

Release a new Mario game thats oldschool. Release a new 3D metroid for DS. Maybe a new Metroid for Wii. Release a CLASSIC style Zelda game for Wii, and maybe a retro 2D LttP style game for DS...

And thats it. Close shop. Go home. What the fuck is this sports bollocks...? I mean i know it sells a LOT but still...

QFT.

I'm hoping they still have something big before the conference is over, so far nothing really appealing to anyone other than casual gamers :(