Homeโ€บ General Discussion

Fallout 3

Replies

• Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    I jsut picked this up and so I'm coming late to the party. But I'm really loving the game so far. Last night I found 'The Family' and went into deliver the letter to the West kid, but no one would let me into see him. I could see talking wasn't going to get me anywhere, so I picked the lock on Vance's saef, stole his gun and shot him with it.

Now having a badass flaming sword and coat I deliver my letter and attempt to flee. I intended to stay and kill the rest of the family as there was some good loot, but there was just to many of them, and if I killed one more my karma dropped to low and I failed my quest, so I ran as fast as I could back to Arefu to finish off my quest. Can't wait for tonight to get in some more playtime.

Only problem is the random crashes, especially using VATS. I've tried a few things I read on forums but nothing seems to work. Don't remember the last time I had to quick save so much in a game.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wow man... Played another 4 hours last night. Found the Outcasts base and raided it. Found Ft. Constantine and the bomb storage base. Now to steal the keys back from that nasty ghoul from the shoot em in the head quest.

Also found launch codes to launch some ICBM. Now to find the terminal to input these bad boys.

This game is so amazing. So open ended. I have played over 47 hours on my first play through already and I'm barely touching the main quest.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Walking into that storage area in Ft. Constantine was a "whoa boy... I'm not pressing any wrong buttons here" moment. :) Definitely need to go back there at some point and find a way into the locked room.

So the 'headhunting' mission for that Ghoul in the Underworld isn't an instant-bad karma thing, huh? I guess I'll go do that and do the sneaky way of solving it that I've heard about.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow man... Played another 4 hours last night. Found the Outcasts base and raided it. Found Ft. Constantine and the bomb storage base. Now to steal the keys back from that nasty ghoul from the shoot em in the head quest.

Also found launch codes to launch some ICBM. Now to find the terminal to input these bad boys.

This game is so amazing. So open ended. I have played over 47 hours on my first play through already and I'm barely touching the main quest.
    Definitely get the keys and get into the storage area of Ft. Constantine, some really great
    power armor
    is waiting for you. I think the ICBM launch terminal is behind the first special key'ed door... fun times. After I turned in the "shoot em in the head" quest I picked his pocket and took the keys, make sure to do it with no one around because all of underworld could turn on you in an instant.

I also found that if you walk all the way around and slip into the back of Ft. Constantine you stand a better chance then a frontal assault.
    Also don't forget to collect all of the Keller Family tapes, they get you into the National Guard depot, some really great stuff in there also
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well i've already wiped out Ft. Constantine thanks to the wonderful pulse grenades and the Outcasts base is all clear now. Terrible shotgun and laser rifle handled those guys nicely.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woo, beat it~!

Damn, just... damn.

I've easily logged 80+ hours on the game, and could easily log upwards of 100+ if I went back a ways.

I seriously can't think of another game I've ever put that much into, and that's including some of the MMO's I've played over the years.

I'm actually having a hard time trying to decide whether I want to start a fresh game at some point or go and load back a ways (another hard decision.. where?!) and explore some more. I probably should take a break from this, as Fable 2 is sitting half-done, Dead Space hasn't even been played yet, etc etc.
    The "Trouble at the Homefront" mission made me sad, if only cause I made the effort to have a peaceful resolution to the whole situation, and then got told by Amata to hit the road and never look back.

I ended up convincing "President Eden" (which was damn cool, by the way, didn't see that coming) to blow the Enclave to smitherines. Also, the only individual I had as a follower was Fawkes; amusing individual, wish I'd got 'im earlier in the game.

Amusingly enough, when I finally realized what number I'm supposed to use at the console in the chamber the first time around, I entered it a tad too late, so as I fell dead, the whole place blew up. I didn't realize it until the closing monologue said "but he didn't follow in his father's final footsteps".. I was like "WTF", then noticed the Jefferson building was in flames in the image. I let the whole thing play out, loaded back, and did it proper.

My hat's off to the devs, this was an incredible game, and all the bitching about 'lighting' and such was total bs, this game looks and plays absolutely incredible. Mixing VATS and real-time works incredibly well, and suits both types of gameplay; mixing over the shoulder and first person made exploring and looking around all the better. I'm anxiously looking forward to the DLC for this, and if the GECK stuff that the community makes is anything to look at, I'll even pick this up for the PC as well.

I *really* hope Bestheda makes a Fallout 4.
  • Gameloft-Mtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gameloft-Mtl polycounter lvl 8
    people here at work keep raving about this game
  • spyrewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jsut picked this up and so I'm coming late to the party. But I'm really loving the game so far. Last night I found 'The Family' and went into deliver the letter to the West kid, but no one would let me into see him. I could see talking wasn't going to get me anywhere, so I picked the lock on Vance's saef, stole his gun and shot him with it.

I must have been one of the few who actually conversed with the family and didn't wipe them out, you get a usefull perk if you do this

really loving this game has anyone else talked with uncle Leo in the wasteland that was a real tripp just about shot the poor bastard when i met him, i know where this game ends but im not quite happy with what i have done yet, i have not had any negative karma at all so far, man it's hard trying not to shoot a-holes in the face.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spyre: I talked to them as well, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the mission wasn't as straight-forward as I initially thought.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I talked my way out of the family encounter also, the whole time with my finger on the trigger just waiting for it fall apart.

I think a good Karma sink is to find a terminal or a door that is red to you (bad karma) like in Tenpenny Tower there are a few, even easier to do after you let the ghouls in. Just keep accessing it over and over again but never hack/pick it, I think that allows you to bleed off karma. Its hard to get neutral karma so you can pick up RL3, or some of the other followers you can get but that might help. Also stealing stuff (and not getting caught) or clearing friendly villages that have no real use to you. Think Big Town.

Also enslaving people for paradise falls (if you didn't go gun happy there already) bleeds off karma pretty fast.

Hang onto any purified water you have, the bums outside megaton and rivet city are karma ATMs.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG this game just getts better and better... Finally encountered the Enclave and have my power armor.

Got a special prototype medic power armor and the t51b from the ft. constantine.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    OMG this game just getts better and better... Finally encountered the Enclave and have my power armor.

Got a special prototype medic power armor and the t51b from the ft. constantine.

"Suck it up Soldier - Time to kick some ass". Great fun.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Vig wrote: ยป
    Hang onto any purified water you have, the bums outside megaton and rivet city are karma ATMs.

yeah.. first time I ran into these guys I was all, here, have some water! oh boy, a quest is coming I can feel it..

what, you want *more water?? i just gave you some? and more??
    i think those guys are all running a secret scam selling dodgily acquired pure water
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    Seems like they're only there for easy karma. Kinda weird, really. It's like "Oh yay, now I have water, now I can regain some energy and at the very least walk INTO the town I'm sitting ten meters away from"

But no, apparently they like sitting outside until they dehydrate.

Another cheap karma/cap deal is the one you can make with Walther in Megaton. Give him scrap metal for either 10 caps a piece, or a chunk of karma. I'm almost regretting that I'll blow him to smithereens next time I start the game. Almost.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox.. there's always his Ghoul counterpart over at the Underworld, but that's a Med item / Karma setup.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't forget about the finger and ear turn in perks, if you're really into micro managing your karma...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kill Everyone!
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    Rox.. there's always his Ghoul counterpart over at the Underworld, but that's a Med item / Karma setup.

Yeah yeah, I know. Thing is, I had 200 stimpaks left when I finished the game, and I hadn't bought many of those. I think I bought maybe 30 stimpaks in the entire game, and that was mostly near the beginning. But then again, I also had nearly 20,000 caps despite upgrading my house fully, so I'm not sure why I need the money, either... It's handy in the early game, I've found, as my new character constantly runs out of ammo for everything and trading scrap for caps for ammo works rather well.

And yes, fingers. I liked that, kinda wish I could've taken that perk earlier on. Would've made me even richer. Also would've meant the Regulator Duster wouldn't be completely worthless to me. That late in the game I was all about combat armor. And wherever I went, I'd find a bunch of Talon Company goons to supply me with fresh armor for repairs. Come to think of it, there was a lot of suits and armor I never got to use because I was already using combat armor... The duster was useless, the Wasteland Legend outfit was useless.. Shame, because it looks awesome. Heck, everything was useless except the power armor, which I couldn't use because I refused to advance the main quest.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Last night I finished the waste land survival guide, turned in my last quest, Then went to Tenpenny tower and nuked the whole town. See yeah later suckers. The view from my apartment is much better without that scrapheap of a town blocking my view of the capital wasteland. I also came across a faithful new companion called Dogmeat. I tried to offer him some of his name sake but he didn't seem to interested. <bark, bark>

Also why can't I assign weapons to a hotkey? Is there a mod for that out there yet? Having to open Pipboy every time is very slow and annoying.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually used the Reilly's Rangers armor throughout most of the gameplay, even after I got the ability to use Power Armor. The fact it was directly fixed by Talon Armor was a pleasant surprise, and made destroying those fools all the more enjoyable. I ended up switching into the Ft Constantine special power armor after I got for as much for aesthetics as for functionality.

I'm actually a little conflicted at this point as to how I want to play the second go around. There's been enough things I've found out about that I wished I'd done while playing as a good guy to make me want to play through again as a good guy, but I really want to try out the other side of the coin.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Waz can make hotkeys for weapons and apparell, go to the screen with them, hold down a key from 1-8 and click on the item, that creates a hotkey. To holster a weapon hold reload.
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    My plan for the next play through is to consume all drugs upon finding them and basically try to play the game as strung out and "random" as possible. In theory this sounds fun but might get old after 10 minutes...

The problem I'm having now with actually starting a second round is that I have no interest in completing the story again, at least not now, so it'd pretty much be me playing all the side quests like a drugged up lunatic.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Mongrelman, thank you!

lol @ Gavimage, I was addicted to whiskey and vodka for a while. Needed the strength bonus to carry all my stuff back to a trader. Haven't even used one drug yet and I'm level 9 =/. I find I always collect stuff in case I might need it and never use it because I never end up needing it to complete something. I really should start to use drugs.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    enjoyed the game, ending really felt limited in how you can complete it. So many quests allowed you to multiple routes to obtain the goal.

i.e. if you have high strength you can intimidate some people to get what you want.

I've ran into a bug with 64-bit systems it seems all the textures are very very low res and pixelated. I have run the game on my system in 32-bit and it was fine, but with 64-bit the textures are all wonk.

Also I think someone should add some of the weta ray guns to the game once the GECK is released.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Waz can make hotkeys for weapons and apparell, go to the screen with them, hold down a key from 1-8 and click on the item, that creates a hotkey. To holster a weapon hold reload.

That is awwwwesome! I need to do that!
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Always handy to occasionally switch to 3rd person view. Many a time I found myself in (or after) a fight and realised I was wearing my business suit instead of armour.

Yeah I liked how high stats could give extra dialogue options. I had high intelligence (and scienc skill) so often had those options appear.

Reallya top notch game, never felt myself getting bored or feeling limited (except for the ending).

Also, getting the schematic for something more than once improves the product. Like getting a second bottlecap mine schematic means you end up producing 2 bombs each time, dart gun impoves by 10% each time.

Never got to try the Rock-It launcher, will have to play again at some point and try that. I think you can use it to fire mini nukes so it could replace the fatman too.

Someone at work told me that if you drop a frag mine, if you shoot it not only do you get the explosion damage, but apparently it also gives a pulse like a pulse mine. Worth remembering that.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm I didn't know about the multiple schematics thing upgrading them, thanks for the tip! :)
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    I got bored and started yet another character. This time, with mods. And it's a lot less boring! If you've beaten the game on PC and want more, go scout around on Fallout 3 Nexus for things you might like. Search for Balance Overhaul for the one I'm using. It does a lot of crazy things to the game, almost enough to make it a completely new experience. It has a lot of modular stuff, but one preset file with a bunch of changes included that I like. It makes the game much harder by making money and health items rarer, making radiation much more dangerous, and upping the damage of ALL attacks in the game. Shooting dudes becomes much more fun when it doesn't take a whole magazine to take down one Raider, and at the same time it gets a lot more intense when a random Yao Guai shows up and claws away half of your health with one swing.

I just find it a lot more fun in general. Now the game simply doesn't allow me being lazy and swimming across a river instead of walking around it. On my first playthrough, I did it a lot, the radiation penalty is so small and there's plenty of RadAway. But with the mod, I tried it, and died from poisoning when I was halfway across... Which is fun!
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow this game continues to impress. I have been avoiding the main quest as much as possible. Exploring, helping others, killing things, blowing shit up, looking for stuff and just recovered the G.E.C.K.

Found my 20th bobble head as well. My guy is so crazy strong. Terrible shotgun at point blank for the win!

AND NOW!!!

Downloadable Content details.

http://kotaku.com/5107085/fallout-3-dlc-lets-take-a-good-look-at-it

anchor1.jpg

We knew its name, but little else. Well, today, Bethesda have finally provided details on Fallout 3's first piece of DLC. For those short on time, for $10 you'll get 4-5 hours worth of gameplay out of it.

For those not short on time, pull up a seat!

Operation Anchorage - the first of three planned DLC packs for the game - is set in the game's "distant past", with players able to access a dusty old military simulator that "teleports" you into a battle against the Chinese army, in the days before the a-bombs started falling.

anchor2.jpg

Being a battle, the focus here is on combat, players tasked with fighting (or sneaking) their way past a ton of Chinese troops. As a bonus, many of the weapons and technologies players encounter in Operation Anchorage will then be made available in the main game. A new perk - called "Covert Ops" - will also be added to the pack.

anchor3.jpg

Also discussed, albeit briefly, were the game's second and third pieces of DLC. The second, called The Pitt, takes players to Pittsburgh, a city that while still in a state of disrepair, never took a bomb or three like DC did.
    The third, "Broken Steel", is mentioned only briefly, and will bring increases to level caps, new bad guys and new perks.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Well after 28 hours of playtime I finally finished it at level 17. So I think I explored a lot of it. But does the ending ever come up on you fast. I had saved up so much ammo and supplies, all for nothing :( Probably reload a older save and explore some other stuff, but now I feel empty there's nothing left. At least the snow is starting to hit and I can ski soon.

DLC looks sweet, I was hoping the Alaska bit would be current time, played as a different survivor. Not some simulator relive the past kind of stuff. But If it's anywhere as good as the main game was I'll pick it up for sure. Great job Bethesda.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The DLC's got me stoked. I'm intentionally taking a break from the game (probably for most of my holiday break), and this kind of stuff is truly exciting.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Alright ladies, time to get cracking!
    GECK is live
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DLC looks cool, I'm a little disappointed Anchorage will be a sim, but oh well, I'll probably forget all about that once I get in. Haven't checked out G.E.C.K. yet, could be an interesting time sink. I've promised myself to finish my TF2 map before I get into anything else too heavily.

I started over this time with the aim of being a evil chick this time around. Just blew up megaton, its hilarious when you go back for the first time. I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't done it yet. I also picked up the black widow perk, its turned out pretty funny twice now.
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    Oh yes, Black Widow rules. It just feels awesome to get to nudge people around that you were powerless about last time, like Burke, and that guy who's obsessed with the Quantum Cola chick, can't remember their names. The reactions to your Black Widow specific dialog options tend to be hilarious.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I have pretty much wrapped up my first play through. 80 hours in! The ending really did sneak up on you. Glad I saved it right before I went in to the purifier room. I went in for the first time, reloaded and sent the chick in. haha Loved the videos at the end.

After that I went back to my save and left the building. Finished up the Reileys Rangers mission and if you talk to her at the end she will offer you money to help scout out the wasteland. I said sure and since I had discovered 130+ areas she gave me a shit ton of cash. I have like 15000 caps now and no idea what to spend them on.

I'm gonna complete Agathas song now to get that out of the way.

Found all of the Keller tapes, all 20 bobble heads, completed the nuka cola quantam challenge for that crazy chick.

Now I just have to play through as a good guy and as a neutral guy to 100% this game.

I have not played a game this much and had such a great time in a singleplayer experience in a long time. There is so much stuff that helps tell this "worlds" story if you explore everywhere and read the terminals, notes, etc.

Anyone go to the food processing plant just south of Arlington Cemetary? Kind of a neat surprise.

I also found the M.I.R.V. version of the Fatboy in the Armory bunker. (You can only get in after finding all of the Keller Family tapes)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wowzers, I found out I had to the mesh .bsa with a hex editor and change the 4th bit from 68 to 67 in order to open it with BSA exporter. I still can't get textures to export correctly but it looks like the specular info might be contained inside diffuse textures alpha (because I can only see 2 textures per asset, 1 diffuse and 1 normal).

Anyway, I've gotten the hocky mask exported as an OBJ and in max, I'm going to work on replacing the hockey mask with a less lame looking version.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    lol yeah that hockey mask always looks rubbish, it's like twice as wide as everyone's face
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    I am also making a weapon for F3, anybody have any links to some decent tutorials by any chance? Would tutorials for Oblivion model export/importing work kind of the same?

PS: Find Oasis, awesome place, and there's also a character from the previous fallouts to be found there.
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am also making a weapon for F3, anybody have any links to some decent tutorials by any chance? Would tutorials for Oblivion model export/importing work kind of the same?

PS: Find Oasis, awesome place, and there's also a character from the previous fallouts to be found there.

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately the geck page doesn't have much info on importing new models, you'll have to search the geck and mod forums:
    GECK Forums
    MODS

Here's what you'll need to unpack the Fallout 3 meshes: BSA Commander (you have to use a hex editor to change the 4th or 5th bit from 68 to 67 so make a copy of the bsa)

Nifskope: this will let you convert the nifs to obj and back again.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I made the mistake of lending this game to my friend.

Too often I found myself late for work, or going to bed past 3:00am, because I'd think to myself.... hmmm... maybe just ONE more mission.....

I was on a second playthrough as a melee chick with (as MoP called it) RUBBISH hockeymask and HOLY jeezus Black Widow perk is absolutely Insane.

But seriously, this game is CRACK, I want it back! I Haven't gotten the Alien gun yet! I Haven't been to Tenpenny Tower! I hadn't used a single mini-nuke, as I'd saved them all up for an UBER crazy big boss battle that never happened.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    OK, I just tried exporting some DDS's from the Textures BSA using the archive tool Justin_Meisse pointed out, but they always extracted at 0kb and were unusable, strange since it extracted the meshes ok.
    Instead I'm now using the Fallout 3 Archive Utility (simple Java app, linked from the GECK wiki), it loads the BSAs much faster, has a nicer tree-view browser, and means you don't have to change the version information in the BSA header to load them. I'd recommend using this instead!

It's a shame that the NIF importer for Max which worked for oblivion/morrowind doesn't work for fallout3 yet, hopefully they will update it soon. Either that or I will have to look into the NIF file format specification :)

Edit: Browsing the SourceForge SVN repository for the NIF Tools, looks like they started adding initial Fallout 3 support a few weeks ago. Maybe I should check out their code :D
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe I found a better BSA unpacker here

I was able to extract the hockey mask texture with it, they use a 512x512 diffuse and a 256x256 normal that has the specular map in it's alpha channel. (holy cow, untweaked crazy bump diffuse!)

also, as far as I know, you can't import anything with animations yet, it just gets stuck on a the first frame (i think)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, that's the BSA unpacker I was referring to in my post, too lazy to dig up link, thanks :)

I've had a look at some various creature/weapon models and textures, the meshes are pretty nicely built in general, although the texturing is a bit ... left field.
    I opened the sniper rifle first-person normal map and I could tell just by looking at it that it wasn't normalized (ran NVidia filter just to check, and sure enough, it was off by quite a way).
    Also the Deathclaw texture is pretty damn noisy, it has a half-decent sculpt for a base then someone went to town on the Photoshop texture overlays and basically obliterated the normal map.

Interesting to see how they did a lot of stuff, I'm not really surprised that a lot of things don't have specular maps (not even grayscale in the alpha channel anywhere), given that they never really looked like they did in game. I guess I would have been more surprised if there actually were full specular maps for a lot of creatures, since then it'd mean they were actually bad specular maps :)

Might see if I can do some generic "prettification" of the generic character heads, seems like an easy place to start. Maybe too obvious!?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi, long time lurker. Just thought I'd let you guys know that the NifTools forums is also a good place to poke around. Right now, the Max and Blender 'porters are being updated for Fallout 3, NifSkope is almost always in development. I'm not much of a programmer, but I'll be working on getting the Maya one up to speed as well. (hopefully get animation support running as well.)

Right now, getting models/animations into the game is possible with all the current tools. Just not always the easiest until the tools get caught up; we'll probably be using NifSkope often to do a lot of the prepwork.

Also, for headgear, you'll be wanting a copy of The Conformulator, if you're not already equipped with the official FaceGen software. And if you want to get all crazy making a new head, I've a big windy tutorial on what's all needed for that, too. (also contains some extra tools/scripts for working with the facegen files). Aside from a small change in the hair system, it's mostly an identical setup as in Oblivion, so no real new info is needed there.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    this weekend my bro-in-law showed me where to get the alien ray gun. Its amazing! with the grimm reaper perk :D

i walked past the crashed ship so many times :( on my journeys doing all the side quests first.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Ive been playing this on the PS3 and been a bit bummed out I didnt get it for the PC, but even so its amazingggg. I never thought they could make something like this for a console.

Ive shunned all the plot missions and concentrated on the side quests and Im already level 19 and I havent even found my old man yet. I got tons of ammo for all the weapons I found a dead Brotherhood guy with a fat man and 9 ammo when I was level 6 .. shame theres no terrain deformation blowing up building with the fat man would be great. Im not too pleased about the level 20 cap, I think that sucks... so what if I get overpowered and unkillable, its single player not WOW.. meh .. I was hoping to get all the perks..
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I found a small camp of two super mutants near Jury Street Metro camping out in a bunch of shipping containers. So I shot them up real good from a hill over-looking the camp. When I get down there I start looting the place and notice a teddy bear standing up inside one of those shopping cart cages the super mutants keep their victims in. Its in a cargo container turned on its side. I figure, what the hell, thats pretty damn cute, a caged teddy bear in a super mutant camp. It then gives me an option to open the cage. Hmm...no booby traps around, should be alright...

...then as the cage opens the tiny little teddy bear starts furiously waving at me with one of his arms. I stand there thinking how adorable that someone at Bethesda scripted this little easter egg. I watch his little arm waving away at me...

...then I hear some really damn loud footsteps behind me, and when I turn around I take a fire-hydrant cudgle to the face from a super mutant behemoth upset at the thought someone might be stealing his teddy bear... :polytwitch:
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha I must find this !