Home General Discussion

Fallout 3

Replies

• breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    lol, just messing around with script commands under the ` key. . . typed in: killall - while i was in the Tenpenny tower lobby. killed everyone - no loss of karma. :) opps!

instadeath.jpg
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    no karma loss? that's no fun
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    here is a link to a video some guy posted where it is located.

Like he said its the best weapon in the game but use the ammo wisely it's all you get.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fallout-3-location-of-alien-blaster-and-crashed-space-ship/3016103872
  • sicsided
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Like he said its the best weapon in the game but use the ammo wisely it's all you get.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fallout-3-location-of-alien-blaster-and-crashed-space-ship/3016103872

THANK YOU! I just got done with the minefield quest for the lady in megaton. But I am still there. Next stop, space craft.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Is that the Firelance? There's another one of those available linked to a random event. I'll spoiler it because it's kind of neat to find it out for yourself, but it's not a plot spoiler or anything.
    At some stage during the game, you'll be walking around at night and see an explosion in the sky. If you can navigate to where below where the explosion was, you'll find a Firelance alien pistol (it looks suspiciously like the same one that appears on the front cover of the Foo Fighter's first album) along with a bunch of ammo canisters strewn about.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I just spent from 10pm til 1am playing in just Rivet City. My hat's off to the devs, they made that place so well designed I spent that long just figuring out quest and story stuff, and never felt like I was wasting my time.

Also... rather amusing how this thread has changed from a "my god it's gonna be shiiiiiiiiiit" into a "I love this game" thread.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hit the level cap, its taken abit of the fun out of it.. no incentive to fight, and i've got loads of caps.. only thing to explore for is new gear, and the plasma rifle/gatling laser owns everything anyway. just exploring in the hope of finding little narrative type places

edit: buh just finished it. bit annoyed that I've had a fat man all the way through the game, saved it for when I felt I was really going to need it.. and never used it. not once. i had at least 20 nukes just sitting there collecting dust. had AR20s plasma rifle, increased headshots, increased critical damage, maxed energy weapon skill, extra AP- not one thing in the game I couldnt kill with one spree in VATS, and I also had the grim reapers sprint so all my points came back. I'm a bit of a hoarder i suppose, and playing like that it's possible to skew the balance. ended up with 5k caps spare and a cabinet full of loot and guns.

like marine says its a shame you can't keep exploring after you finish. I'll probably open an older save and keep doing some quests. I passed straight through underworld
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Ahhh found it. It does do more damage then the Rivet city gun but considering the Rivet City gun runs on regular MF cells I'll keep it as my work horse. I still have 67misseles saved up, 7 mini nukes and 1000's of rounds of mini gun ammo. Something tells me I'm in for the same rude awaking Rooster got, should have just used it when you found it...

Oh well maybe I'll have time to use it all. I still haven't done much related to the wearing of power armor or getting into the citadel so hopefully it doesn't go, get power armor, wear it outside once, end.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    What the fuck? There is a level cap???? Why the hell did they put 4 perks in it so you can level up faster, I picked all of them but basically wasted 4 perks since the only usefull thing about leveling is the perks and skillpoints? Damn thats annoying...
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    my advice vig is get to the citadel, get power armour training and scavenge some power armour elsewhere like from the GNR fight (they only give you it free near the end), and then bugger off and forget the main quest for a good while.
    kwakkie, cap is at 20. I felt the same way about the perks, if Id known that I wouldnt have chosen the extra xp and the here and now perks. i was constantly thinking about what perks to choose next, until at some point I noticed things didnt go 'ka-ching' anymore :(
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good idea, thanks Rooster.

I have a few suits saved up even some experimental medic power armor which looks to be pretty cool. But who knows what opens up later...
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    Alt+tabbing sure makes my computer do some wonderful things to games. In Left 4 Dead, it once turned all the walls in the subway purple. In Fallout, I gained the superhuman ability to see the world like it really is.

screenshot6rg3.jpg
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's quite a bit of radiation you've soaked up there, Rox. Looks like it's given you superhuman powers, like NormalSight.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Ifound a prototype armour today, it gives the game Duke style chat whenever you see people, like LETS KICK SOME ASS! when you see an enemy. Its pretty neat that this is after 50+ hours of play and I'm still finding stuff :D

But level 20 cap... Holy bad choice batman...
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Rox wrote: »
    Alt+tabbing sure makes my computer do some wonderful things to games. In Left 4 Dead, it once turned all the walls in the subway purple. In Fallout, I gained the superhuman ability to see the world like it really is.

screenshot6rg3.jpg

man, hit up geekologie.com for the crystal meth apartment article; looks like your pc just modern arted on this game.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    for people interested, there is a mod that ups the level limit to 30 or 40 and there's one for upping the limit to 100. I'll edit when I can find the link to the mods
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Mate what, seriously? Fucking hell link me up :D Does it need new save games...?
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Sweeet yea I was really hoping the great mods would pop up quick! I sure hope they come out with one for making headshots into a one hit kill.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    I'm getting it now, but jesus FilePlanet sucks COCK and its the only link.. 45min wait, for a 15kb file... WTF?

http://www.fileplanet.com/194463/190000/fileinfo/Fallout-3---Skill-Level-Cap-100-Mod
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I got the x360 game and can't stop playing it since I picked it up tuesday. I've dumped in 80 some odd hours so far.

I don't mind the level cap so much. The only thing I'm less than completely happy about is more proofing could have been done with the main storyline quests so the player wont' accidentally skip over parts.

Yeah, its good to be back in the Wastelands after such a long hiatus since Fallout 2.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Woah... Hito you got the game TUESDAY and logged EIGHTY HOURS in 5 days!?
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I just wish there was more stuff you could create with the things you find. And that there was more variation of weapons and maybe description on them. For example I got this Sniper Rifle and then I found an Reserve Rifle (cant remember what it was called) which seem to be the same as the Sniper Rifle, I couldn't really see any difference. Would have been nice if it said something about the scope or damage or reliability or something. But overall I really like Fallout, its easy to see its built from Oblivion, but they have learned from their mistake and fixed some of the problems that Oblivion had (Oh GOD the UI!). Either way, Console players is still screwed because us PC users gets all the nice mods :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If the other three quadrants of the map are as populous with locations and things to do as the lower right quadrant... I'm never gonna finish this game! :D

Oh yah, I completed the Reilly's Rangers mission, and I'm trying to figure out where the hell the nutso dude talking over a PA system (rants about the worm and such) near the capitol building is... any ideas?
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Man, I ran into that as well last night...blew up and didn't bother retrying :( This game is consuming my life lately, I'm lvl.15 and haven't even made it to Rivet city yet. I sense a second play through as a total asshole because right now I'm playing it as my usual, charming, big hearted self.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan, one of the later perks you can get is to reveal all map locations, you will discover there are a metric assload of them :)
  • I_luv_Pixels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I_luv_Pixels polycounter lvl 17
    I love this game...might not be the best in the series but a f'in nice game!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gavimage wrote: »
    I sense a second play through as a total asshole because right now I'm playing it as my usual, charming, big hearted self.

You and me both, Gav, you and me both. :)
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I guess its spread over two or so weeks. not in 5 days... I am playing it alot, that's all I can really say. I said "80 odd hours" because that's what the save game's time counter said.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3 for those who don't care about spoilers or on their 2nd run through wishing to see everything this is a good place, it shows map of every location in game, plus details on all the quests and items and the whole lot. Save yourself a stack of cash that you won't have to spend on the guide book.

you get an achievement for discovering 100 locations, I'm guessing there're around 120 or so locations total in the game that you can explore. I still have yet to discover the ruined bethesda office building.

story wise this might not have been the best of the franchise. but as far as scope this is definitely the largest. I'm amazed how much bethesda managed to cram into a 30x30 mile square. I could see myself playing this for a long time to come if bethesda kept it updated regularly with downloadable content
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is there some way to get into the front of Rivet City without having a 100 lockpicking skill? Did I miss talking to someone or getting a key or something?

Oh, yah, found Canterbury Commons....

The AntAgonist...... and The Mechanist? ahahahahahaha :D!!
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    the other entrance is under water where the front has broken off
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flaagan: you need to go under water. And then remember to open that insanely hard door from the inside once you're there, so you can go back later.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    flaagan wrote: »
    Oh, yah, found Canterbury Commons....

The AntAgonist...... and The Mechanist? ahahahahahaha :D!!

Finding the Mechanist's secret lair was one of the high points for me... Sadly I found the AntAgoniser dead at a Mutant outpost a little later... I was looking forward to slapping her around a little. :)
  • rebb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rebb polycounter lvl 17
    Gmanx wrote: »
    Finding the Mechanist's secret lair was one of the high points for me...

He does have an amazing door ;).
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg wrote: »
    the other entrance is under water where the front has broken off

Ah~...

Thanks. Figured it was probably time to take a little irradiated dive.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    149 locations to be exact.

my favorite game hands down.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP wrote: »
    flaagan, one of the later perks you can get is to reveal all map locations, you will discover there are a metric assload of them :)
    I just hit 20, and picked a talent that shows all the locations on the map. I've been exploring like mad... Having tons of fun. I'm afraid that I'll have to put the game down long before I'm actually done with it =/
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    I just hit 20, and picked a talent that shows all the locations on the map. I've been exploring like mad... Having tons of fun. I'm afraid that I'll have to put the game down long before I'm actually done with it =/

I'm actually a bit undecided on that perk. Seeing as I'm playing on 360, it'd mean using up one of my leveling-up perks, and unless they adjust the level cap I'd hate to waste it on that. Also, I get a kick out of just randomly finding stuff, as well as exploring. :)
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Yeah man, I agree. i've been so tempted to get that perk but because of the cap, I'm not sure I want tot waste it. Plus, it's always kind of fun to find random places..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meh, I really like knowing where I've been, what I have left to explore and its not like its all that hard to wander around without checking the PIPBoy.

I also haven't feared for my life since 5-6 levels back. I haven't been in a fight yet that having that perk spent somewhere else would have made the difference.

VAT's BOOM head shot, pile of goo.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would use that perk, I play Oblivion for like 130 hours and I do not know if I found every location! lol
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, there's always GameFAQ's, and they've got a full map with all the places listed and numbered, so it's not like I can't look stuff up. :)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Woops, completed it tonight, almost by accident - I thought there was more of the main quest plotline left than there actually was, haha! Was only level 16 when I finished.

Either way, the ending was... alright. I guess they had to make it fairly flexible since you get several choices at that point, it was a decent way of rounding off the main quest though.

Gonna make a new character next and go through just doing all the weird side quests and talking to the mad characters. And punching people's heads off.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a side.... I wonder what would happen if you went around killing everyone and everything....
  • [Deleted User]
    Some people just go unconscious, I think depending on where you are in the story. When I first got to rivet city I saved, shot it all up, and there were about three people who were unkillable. Also it drops your karma like a rock, and you'll hear miraculously up-to-date reports on GNR about that.

However, compared to Oblivion, murderous rampages are far more feasible.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Kaskad wrote: »
    Some people just go unconscious, I think depending on where you are in the story. When I first got to rivet city I saved, shot it all up, and there were about three people who were unkillable. Also it drops your karma like a rock, and you'll hear miraculously up-to-date reports on GNR about that.

However, compared to Oblivion, murderous rampages are far more feasible.

I murdered everyone at GNR :) now it's some old lady saying something along the lines of "dawg would usually say something here, but he's dead"
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Haha finally quite slacking and got to GNR, then just stood inside the ruined building and picked away at the Super Mutant behemoth until he died. Now to find where I get Power Armor Training...
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got the specs for the railway spike gun and the dart gun, gotta keep an eye out for the parts now.

Oh, and the laser gun you get from the android freakin rocks... turns my enemies into green piles of goo (literally) after just a few shots, and I've got quite a bit of MF ammo since I've used my regular laser rifle very little if at all.

Next mission is off the RobCo for one of Moira's book missions, and maybe i'll finally get around to delivering the Naughty Nightwear... :)
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Theres a place called "", go there. If you find the game too easy... Go there... Its quite tough, but getting there will give you a load of books plus some prototype armour thats awesome and Duke 3D like. Its at section "0A" on the map:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//d/d6/Wastelandmap.png

The whole area is full of death claws, mercs and all sorts, and at level 20+ its very hard...
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan wrote: »
    Next mission is off the RobCo for one of Moira's book missions, and maybe i'll finally get around to delivering the Naughty Nightwear... :)

Dude, I have been rocking that cheetah/leopard print naughty nightwear!! Nothing better then slaying super mutants in silk PJ's and motorcycle goggles!!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    Theres a place called "", go there. If you find the game too easy... Go there... Its quite tough, but getting there will give you a load of books plus some prototype armour thats awesome and Duke 3D like. Its at section "0A" on the map:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images//d/d6/Wastelandmap.png

The whole area is full of death claws, mercs and all sorts, and at level 20+ its very hard...

Puts on cocky hat... I'll have to give it a go, but I think I've been there. At least I was somewhere with a bunch of DeathClaws, I made about 7-8 deathclaw gauntlets at some point.

I think I cocked up TenPenny Tower, some of the security turned on me at some point, but not all the residents did. So I killed Alister and everyone seems fine. I don't really want to give the key to the ghouls, the residents are a bunch of assholes but that old guy who had the GNR radio show seemed pretty cool and I think he'll get wiped out who knows he might hold his own...=/

Anyone know if you can actually find Argyle?