Home Stickies

So what are you working on?

Replies

• EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments, I'll need to hack away at it again tomorrow!

Snowefly: yeah, I think you are getting somewhere though. I'm having a hard time getting motivated enough to even start. I find it very hard to appreciate anime. (ducks in anticipation of flying fruit) .. but hey, at least I tried once...
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    SWEET snowfly, i was thinking of making something similar in the future, it's really well made, which it deserves i might add. usually when people try to make manga characters, they usually turn out bad cause they try to get their drawn faces, but i can say that your remake still is rock lee laugh.gif
    But i still think that you should make his legweights a bit higher up. it feels like its a part of the sandals as they are now.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    started working on the hands again, the image that im going by im not sure how accurate the hands are. I tried putting my hand and arm in the same position but didnt look right so I tried to go by what it looks like in a mirror that Im using. Any tips would help thanks.HANDwork.jpg
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    snake, you should fix the hands thumb bone, it's like as if it's non existent on your model. Take up some references on hands and you'll see what i mean. There are usually really good drawings of hands in the sketch forums at http://www.conceptart.org
  • Rated Rrr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rated Rrr polycounter lvl 17
    crap_gettingthere-2.jpg

pushing my sci fi wall asset further
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really nice wall rated , but i think diffuse&light can be improved. a little darker&higher contrast diffuse (dark brownish , you know , "real" and "next-gen" is brown smile.gif ) and blurry blue or dark orange lights maybe( which will also give brownish effect on wall).
    also you may wanna make those lights a bit weaker , it looks futuristic but also unrealistic. just imagine a full corridor or a room with that much light wink.gif
    keep up the good work , i love it smile.gif
  • hetsch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    from a year-old retarded basemesh, which seemed like a good one at that point :P
    crits please, thinkin' of building a character out of him smile.gif

yeall2.jpg
  • Slaught
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slaught polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Rock Lee for the game artisans comp.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh lawd, is that sum awesome?
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    wooo update!
    Thanks for the comments, Though i dont know how it would look like in a game engine, its not that pretty in the mayas perspective port :P

but i like the blue lights, sharp colors standing out makes me tic :P, its just on a personal level ^^
    As for the realism, i guess you cant really say it looks realistic. but im working on it, im trying to develope a style ^^
    070913_183759_texturetest06.jpgsmirk.gif
  • Flynny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    newrig_character.jpg

A new character/rig to redo my old animation short with. Using game tri counts..
  • hetsch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's looking nice HEx! Is it going into an editor? smile.gif
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    ty ^^ not really, just something to add in to my portfolio. I'm starting to search for internships soon. I Might have enough to start when i finnish this up.
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Chris! That's awesome!

More Z reacquainting, this time trying to nail a likeness. Started with arsh's base bust, added some geo at the mouth area so it would support a mouth cavity. The reference has a pretty strong jawline, which is screwing with my head. Profile is still mannish...

fhead4.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    @ LoTekK
    Who is this? smile.gif
    It seems your working in a too high Sdiv for that level of detail.

@ Flynny
    Funny character
    You should make the head shape with more polys or make the eyes with planes and the teeth as only 2 objects.

@ HEx
    It looks great!
    But that high holes and metal contrast on the floor is a problem! You can see the crazy effect it makes in the back. It will dither a lot ingame.

Zbrush fun: lolalilulala.jpgfatty.jpg
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    That mutant dude is great, reminds me of old school Peter Jackson. laugh.gif

The refs I'm using are of a local hottie celebrity. You're probably right about being at too high a subd level (that shot's either at 90k or 350k), but part of that has to do with how much fun it is to work clay-style (clay tubes plus flatten brush is just so much fun tongue.gif)

Forgot to post the finished up head from my last post here. This one's at 400k (i forget which subd level that is from a polysphere)

zbhead6.jpg
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    HEx: Kickass hallway! Love the textures.

Progress..... I don't have areal predetermined idea of where I want to go with this, but I want to finish it anyway. When I was walking home yesterday I thought I should try to cover up the boring bits (limbs) with armor and shields and 2 hook swords, and have it all scratched and rusted up...because that would be freaking rad. Any suggestions?!? I'm up for ideas!
    Lizard_lady_03.jpg
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Makkon: idea: lighter skin with badass tattoos/tribal paint!
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I was definitely thinking about that. Maybe like white warpaint or something on the skin and armor. What color would you prefer the skin?
  • East
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    At ~5200 triangles right now, and 2048x2048 texture (although only 3/4 of the texture is used, saving the last 1/4 for equipment). Should look presentable as 1024x1024 as well smile.gif Still far from being complete, though. Still trying to figure out the colour scheme.

I'm experiencing some problems with the rigging/skinning, though. Things don't deform as they should, so I might have to go back and tweak the mesh somewhat.. Will see what that does to the UVs.

hi-tek-ninja-wip-036.jpg
    hi-tek-ninja-wip-037.jpg
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very cool East, really not what I expected texture-wise judging from the previous shots on GA.

a little doodling on top to feel around:
    BGCave3WIP2thumb.jpg
  • NeoShroomish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not quite sure what it is Eric but it looks really nice!
  • andym12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really like it Eric, but I think that the cloudyness has made it lose a bit of depth, minor gripe though. Fantastic work.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Hey East, that looks cool man. almost reminds me of the KOTOR Mandalorians.

Makkon, i'd give her a light coloured tummy, with like, dark speckles which get more dense toward her sides, then into her black scales.
    i'd use white tattoos for her body and black for her armour =]
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    [ QUOTE ]

@ HEx
    It looks great!
    But that high holes and metal contrast on the floor is a problem! You can see the crazy effect it makes in the back. It will dither a lot ingame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe Yeah i know, but it will disapear if i take it in to a engine, On the image there, i dont have any filters on. if i where to import it to one of the engines we use at school, it wont look that way.
    070914_155948_texturetest07.jpg
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flewda polycounter lvl 17
    Never posted a WIP on this thread before. Anyway, it's a sci-fi door. It's on hold for the second (all my art is) but I'll get back to it soon I hope. It's just a low poly with normal map (around 600 tris I think)

door_lp.jpg
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    HEx : try to add variations to your lighting, you have brown textures and yellow lights so you end up with a very boring anynextgenscifigame look in there, you have those orange and blue ligts on teh textures, please use them to lit your scene

also try to use complementarity in lighting to balance the very monochromatic look of your texture.

other than that it reminds me of pariah/warpath in style
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    @ vahl:
    Hehe, that's a question of taste. My style is monocromic, dark and bulky. I allways end up (when i do scifi stuff) getting the feeling of "spaceHulk" which i grew up with ^^ retro space games are allways the best :P

Though i get what you are saying, i just like it a bit depressing.

@ Flewda:
    Sweet door, looks awsome, texture it!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hex, i think you should add more normals maps, its not going to look realistic until you add that, and definitely more specular maps too.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    eq: :P

East: I love the subtle asymmetry in the details and shape, and the colors you choose are great. Can we see some wires?

almighty_gir: Good idea as well, I think that's what I'll go with. Do you think the armor needs a different shape? I think it needs spikes.
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    @ EarthQuake

ok, youre not just being retarded right now, but plainly mean, i have allready apologized to you. And you will just keep on bitching about it, wont you!?
  • thefatladysings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thefatladysings polycounter lvl 17
    @Flew, looking sweet, now go texture it wink.gif
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    hex its more the fact that you act like you know it all and give crap excuses to why stuff looks bad.
  • HEx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HEx
    really? i didnt realize it frown.gif
    sorry for that, truely i am.
    Thanks for telling me, im a bit slow in social (about as good as a teaspoon) I'll try not to appear as "know it all" in the future.
    And im defenetly not saying im the best, or even good. Im still lowlife in the world of graphics, i know this.
  • Rated Rrr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rated Rrr polycounter lvl 17
    some pillar crap

pillar.jpg
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    cwip4.jpg

new portfolio piece..got a long ways to go, then going to remake/reshapethe lowpoly to normal map this onto it.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just a pitch i did for an agency who pithed for a pretty big beverage company.

18_pitch_4.jpg
    4 days for model, texture, rig and skin + 4 highres print artworks, ha i love those jobs with tight timeschedules ^^

@achmedthesnake: Cool robot! But maybe a little too clean? Some Variation in the textures would be nice.

@boomz: you could try to use a alpha for the ends of that roof, i'm not a big fan of phototextures though, so i'm not the best one to critizise your work.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice work!

More heroes inspiration in this thread!
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    lawl nice stuff flewda.
    Come a long way since the Uncrossable Parallels days.

:P
  • Rens
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    This guy is turning into Paul Schaffer hehe.
    paulwtfxb8.jpg
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flewda polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    lawl nice stuff flewda.
    Come a long way since the Uncrossable Parallels days.

:P

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa holy crap! It's been forever since I've talked to you :-P
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    [ QUOTE ]
    eq: :P

East: I love the subtle asymmetry in the details and shape, and the colors you choose are great. Can we see some wires?

almighty_gir: Good idea as well, I think that's what I'll go with. Do you think the armor needs a different shape? I think it needs spikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally, judging by the character so far, and where i imagine her origins to lie, i would have stuck with leather greaves, armguards etc. and maybe like, some kind of exotic "big cat" furs for her shoulders, maybe a small cloak kinda thing...
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    I'll probably go with that, this character really doesn't have much of a theme anyway, I suppose the diffuse on the armor will really tie things together.

I have a question for myself: Why does this lizard have boobs? Can lizards lactate?
    and my answer: Shutup, of course lizards can lactate. How else do they feed their young?

......um
    Did a test on the diffuse, added some more texture.
    Lizard_lady_04.jpg

and another test with some paint.
    Lizard_lady_05.jpg
  • Bone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pissing around with Enzo, I do love it!

heheh5_763.jpg
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boobies!

btw, i dont know if its the lighting or that i just suck, but the wip of a for hours ago looks way better xD
    http://www.rensedeboer.com/art/sculpt2-pic3.jpg

sculpt2-pic2.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon: Render out some ambient occlusion, and take your normals map into crazy bump, and do the cavity map thing. Those will help a lot, right now it feels really fla, you have loads of good detail but none of it sticks out at all. Also LOL SCALIES.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    nice boobies rens!
    sag_wip_f.jpg
    sag_wip_b.jpg
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    windmill_wip1.png

I think it's a windmill.

Fun fact: I actually went to the Netherlands and took a bunch of reference photos of one (I went primarily for vacation). When I came back I realized I didn't take enough photos and promptly punched myself in the balls.

I'm still sore.
  • EricElwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the form, but I think you could tweak the mesh flow especially on the blades...

rock'n though!
  • coldwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coldwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Eric! The bad flow on the blades are for the sails/cloth I'm painting now. I just put verts where I wanted it to deform. Is it better to have good flow than to pinch polies like I did in that snapshot?
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    ironbearxl: You might want to think about reworking some of those forms. He doesn't seem to have any ribs or belly button, the Sterno mastoid and trapezius muscles appear to be the only ones for his neck area, the veins are symetrized, and the pecs seem to be comming from under the shoulder (deltoid) muscles instead of branching off of them. Also, those cracks or veins or...whatever they are branching into his pecs really need to go.
This discussion has been closed.