Home General Discussion

Team-Fortress 2 demo this week?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Sync up to Steam,

"In other TF2 news, stay tuned for a pretty big announcement next week. You're going to want to hold off on planning any vacations until you hear what we've got to say on Tuesday."

????

Replies

• bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    mmm demo possibly.. but the entire GAME? that would be AWESOME.

plus, engineer video tomorrow.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Tuesday as in September 11th? I'm gonna go make sure I'm synched up anyways. Better safe than sorry.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    OH PLEEEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    AND PLEASE ONE MORE TIME FTW!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blood russhing to wang... unable to stay consious...

I bet its a demo, damn that would be sweet if they released it this early.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    i doubt it's a demo. it's probably more like a free play weekend, like they did for DoD:S (which I enjoyed). and they'll give everyone time to pre-download before the event.

either way, thank you Valve.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I'm looking forward to TF2, but I hate this kind of announcement to announce a forthcoming announcement hype. If you're set to announce a game/demo/whatever, just freaking tell us.

Yes, the HL2 super-hype/mega-delay debacle has made me bitter.
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    I am first in line for kicking kubs ass in TF2!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    NO. ITS NOT THE GAME.

There are lots of ads in magazines which clearly say october in big letters
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    NO. ITS NOT THE GAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you let us dream? It could still be the demo which would be great.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    NO. ITS NOT THE GAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you let us dream? It could still be the demo which would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

No FUCK ALL OF YOU.

(my computer isn't working atm...)
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    It's not the game, it's Meet the Engineer coming early this week.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Shit - I meant the subject to be "TF2 DEMO this week?"

dammit
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's not the game, it's Meet the Engineer coming early this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sync to Steam please smile.gif

They said the engineer video is coming AND theres something else that is plan-cancelling worthy.
  • oXYnary
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, That was pretty sweet oXYnary. Good way to start my morning.
    Also thanks for the heads up Brome, I haven't opened Steam for well over a year now so I would completely missed this "plan-canceling" announcement.
    I'm not expecting the full game, but a Demo or a free play weekend would be pretty sweet.

-caseyjones
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    lmao

That flash vid was great smile.gif
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    ahhh you can customize it to anything you want lol

Adam just showed me...just replace polycount with whatever you want.

asshat.waits.for.tf2.com

hahaaha
  • nacire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nacire polycounter lvl 17
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any news? Any?! I'm at work and can't use steam. frown.gif
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    does anyone know if this game will be moddable? and we can create characters for it?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Any news? Any?! I'm at work and can't use steam. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. frown.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    does anyone know if this game will be moddable? and we can create characters for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

wot?

are you on heroin?
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Am I reading this right ? Preload Orange box on Steam now to play next monday ???
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Am I reading this right ? Preload Orange box on Steam now to play next monday ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Please someone tell this man he is reading this right ...

*edit: "Starting Monday, September 17, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam can download and activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 (TF2). This year's most anticipated online action game, TF2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more."
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pre-order the Orange Box, which is a sweet deal, and you get into the TF2 beta on monday.

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=469
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its a sweat deal if you don't already have everything of interest in the orange box. Otherwise you're playing 44.95 to get into the TF2 beta =/

humm I can't say I like the idea of buying a bunch of crap I already own or don't care about just to get into the beta...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its a sweat deal if you don't already have everything in the orange box. Otherwise you're playing 44.95 to get into the TF2 beta =/

humm I can't say I like the idea of buying a bunch of crap I already own just to get into the beta...

[/ QUOTE ]

You already own episode two, portal, and tf2, all of which individually add up to 80$, 20 more than you'd pay to just preorder them + hl2/epi and the beta?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    no one is forcing you to pay for the beta. you can wait til Oct. if you like and pay $30 for TF2, and perhaps another $20 for Portal.

"As a special bonus, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box via Steam will also receive a copy of Peggle Extreme."
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    yay i purchase it, noW WHERE IS IT! lol

Well, its 40$ for Tf2+portal+ep 2 total.

thats a pretty sweet deal for 3 games.
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Its a sweat deal if you don't already have everything in the orange box. Otherwise you're playing 44.95 to get into the TF2 beta =/

humm I can't say I like the idea of buying a bunch of crap I already own just to get into the beta...

[/ QUOTE ]

You already own episode two, portal, and tf2, all of which individually add up to 80$, 20 more than you'd pay to just preorder them + hl2/epi and the beta?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orange Box Contains:
    Half-Life 2, Own it, not interested in buying it again.
    Half-Life 2: Episode One, Own it, not interested in buying it again.
    Portal, Gimicky FPS puzzle game... not interested in buying it.
    Half-Life 2: Episode Two, mildly interested, probably wouldn't buy it unless it came in a bundle, even then might not play it.
    Team Fortress 2, I thought this was just the option to get in the beta, if its the full game it might be worth it.

And if you act now I'll toss in this totally worthless poop statue of Lady Di for free!
    wow and a free poop statue, what a great deal!

I would rather just pay $29.95 like normal, for TF2. I might just wait till Oct.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

Half-Life 2: Episode Two, mildly interested, probably wouldn't buy it unless it came in a bundle, even then might not play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're in luck, there's a tf2 + ep2 bundle for only 45$, plus the tf2 beta for free.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "you just don't know how to enjoy games!"
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They are still goating you into playing $45 now for a game that will be 29.95 on launch day.

[ QUOTE ]
    I would rather just pay $29.95 like normal, for TF2. I might just wait till Oct.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its a great deal for you then I say go for it. The only thing I would be interested in is TF2 and as much fun as I think it will be, I don't think its $45+ a bunch of crap worth of fun. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and think its a great deal but right now, it just looks like a ploy to cash in on the beta announcement.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    They are still goating you into playing $45 now for a game that will be 29.95 on launch day.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, hl2 as a gift to a friend + ep1/2/tf2/portal for eighty dollars off seems like a good deal, no matter what. If you just don't personally want it, that's cool, but it's pretty hard to deny how good the bundle is. If only I had a computer that could run portal/tf2 well, and didn't have to wait for the xbox version. frown.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, Im with you on that, but now that they've shown this price, I have high doubts that it'll remain 29.95. I think they might raise it up.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    guess I have to wait.. I'm not paying full price when I own half the games in the bundle already.. I'll just buy the entire thing on 360 since I don't have any on 360 yet.

damn, I was kinda hoping they would offer some kind of 'open orange box' deal for those of us that own HL2 and E1 already.

Blah.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    For me, hl2 as a gift to a friend

[/ QUOTE ]
    That'll be fun giving them your steam log-in so they can play their gift...
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    For me, hl2 as a gift to a friend

[/ QUOTE ]
    That'll be fun giving them your steam log-in so they can play their gift...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just, y'know, using the feature valve built in for it:

4xqqh6x.jpg
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    say that is nifty, its like they knew I was going to bitch about it. That valve they think of everything... Now if they only had an orange box option for "don't care about anything in this box besides TF2 for 29.95" I might bite =P

[ QUOTE ]
    An Orange Box gift is an easy way to let your friends enjoy 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' for free.

[/ QUOTE ]Thats funny because I'm pretty sure someone paid for it? Wait yeah someone did, it was the guy that didn't want it hehe. Who hasn't played HL2? Good luck finding someone who has a steam account who hasn't played it. I'm sure someones aunt will be thrilled to get this for christmas...

Something tells me its so they can put a lil sticker on some gold-platinum-bronzolux-anniver-pack, "HL2, over 60million copies sold!"
    Then in tiny print: >COUGH< only 75% of those went to people who already owned the game... hehe yeah we're that good at selling stuff!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Breaking news guys:
    Valve has decided to release HL2:Ep2, Portal, TF2, and some game called Peggle Extreme for only $45 total. Plus if you previously played HL2, and Ep1, now a friend can load up Steam and play it for free, while you're playing the TF2 beta. I bet Vig will love this, once someone reads it to him.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    An Orange Box gift is an easy way to let your friends enjoy 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' for free.

[/ QUOTE ]Thats funny because I'm pretty sure someone paid for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

What they said is actually completely true, grammatically correct, and every single one of us except you read it for what it is. Your friends get to play for free (because you [well, not you naturally, but y'know -- the buyer] are such a nice guy.)

And it's three new games plus two old games selling for 80 dollars off. Seriously, it's a good deal no matter what.
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wot?

are you on heroin?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, is player model talk entirely forbidden in these parts now?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Breaking news guys:
    Valve has decided to release HL2:Ep2, Portal, TF2, and some game called Peggle Extreme for only $45 total. Plus if you previously played HL2, and Ep1, now a friend can load up Steam and play it for free, while you're playing the TF2 beta. I bet Vig will love this, once someone reads it to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

wooooooooooo

*wait, where the hell did you read this from?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

*wait, where the hell did you read this from?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on steam, close/reopen it.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Just put my preorder in, didn't really care about the fact I already own hl2 / ep1, but the whole "Gift" thing is beyond awesome of a move on Valve's part, and I plan on gifting it to a friend once he gets his new computer. smile.gif
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    and I plan on gifting it to a friend once he gets his new computer. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of a waste though, having those games and not having somebody to give them to. Everyone I know with STEAM already has them. frown.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    What they said is actually completely true, grammatically correct, and every single one of us except you read it for what it is. Your friends get to play for free (because you [well, not you naturally, but y'know -- the buyer] are such a nice guy.)

[/ QUOTE ]Anyone who would be interested in the "free gift" has already played it, so it leaves you with the burden of either eating the "free gift" or forcing it on someone who doesn't want it.

[ QUOTE ]
    And it's three new games plus two old games selling for 80 dollars off. Seriously, it's a good deal no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]Unless you have zero interest in repurchasing software you already own and zero to mild interest in the other titles.

Like I said before if its a good deal for you go for it.
    I don't see the value in getting all crazy and buying some bundle I don't want just to get one tiny piece a few weeks early.

The other bundle is mildly interesting but still, I wouldn't normally buy HL2:EP2, Portal or Peggle Extreme so really I would be buying TF2 for the same "bargain deal" of 45.00. The fact that they come with it doesn't mean I'll play em.

meh whatever, if it works for you great, I'll pay 29.95 and have my fun on a patched stable version in 3 weeks.

Actually if they let you build your own bundle I might get excited... buy any 2 $30 titles and 2 $20 titles with your purchase of TF2 and get $84 off your total. Now thats a better deal and I can find enough titles to fill my cart.