Home Technical Talk

FJTools - ZBrush plugin

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
floon greentooth

Hey fellow Polycounters!
FJTools is a Plugin for ZBrush, that will help you to organise your Subtools and speed up your workflow in general. It does so by automating repetitive tasks, or solving them intuitively.
You can find the plugin on ArtStation, Gumroad and Cubebrush.

Disclaimer:

The plugin is designed for ZBrush 2019/2020/2021/2022/2023 and was thoroughly tested on a Windows machine. Mac support was verified as well, but as I do not own a Mac, I could not test it myself.
Previous versions of ZBrush are NOT supported.

Feature breakdown:

All features are explained in a mini video series, which can be found on the plugins’ ArtStation page or YouTube!

Installation:

To install FJTools simply copy the "FJTools_1_5.zsc" file, along with the "FJTools_1_5_Data"-folder into the Zplugs64-folder of your ZBrush 2019/2020/2021/2022/2023 installation. The path should look similar to this:

...\Pixologic\ZBrush 2019[2020][2021][2022]\ZStartup\ZPlugs64

...\Maxon ZBrush 2023\ZStartup\ZPlugs64

Done!

Upgrade:
Should you be upgrading from a previous version, make sure to delete the old .zsc file AND the corresponding data folder first. After that just follow the installation above.
Also be sure to check out thehttps://youtu.be/0ZDVoJCECyY FJTools 1.5 — Feature Highlight video, to see what has changed!

Special thanks for helping to find a nasty bug:

Replies

• floon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    floon greentooth
    Awesome! I'm super happy to hear that :)!
    Also thanks a lot for the suggestion, I think the feature really adds a cool facette to the tool set.
    The reloading of the plugin (so collapsing and appearing at the bottom of the plugin list), unfortunately is needed to switch to the new swatch icons. I agree though that it's a bit jarring from an UX perspective. (it actually works better in the pop-up menu, so you can already see which colors are in the selected swatch-set, because I can quickly redraw this type of menu :D).
    Btw if needed you can also create custom swatch sets, if e.g. another client would need a specific vertex color assigned. "All" you would need to do is to duplicate one of the SwatchSet-folders within the plugin data folder. It's quite a cumbersome process though, I just wanted to mention that it IS possible to extend the existing sets by custom ones.

I'll think about your suggestion of combining multiple features, it actually sounds like a fun idea. Thanks again for the input!