Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: BlazefuryX

BlazefuryX
polygon
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BlazefuryX polygon

Hello everyone, my name is BlazefuryX and I will be sharing daily updates on my modeling journey. I would love to get as many constructive criticisms as possible. I will be working on simple models around me and I hope I can work on something complex later on.

Replies

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

About 32 days ago I started a personal challenge of 180 days topology improvement. In this 180 days, I will only be working on the topology, there won't be texturing or rendering. So, far I have worked on a chair, a mathematical set and seven days ago I started working on a gaming mouse. Here are some images. If you need more images to give better feedbacks, PLEASE ASK and I will share more.

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello there! Today marks my first day using this platform, but it's already day 32 of my 180-day topology challenge. I've been making progress on blocking out a mouse model, but I ran into some confusion on how all the pieces would come together. When I shared my wireframes, I received feedback on Discord that the topology needed a lot of work. That's when I decided to seek out more information. About 24 hours ago, I started studying FRANK POLYGON's sketchbook.

Now, I'm back at it and continuing my studies of FRANK POLYGON's sketchbook to improve my understanding of topology.

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Today, I had the pleasure of delving into Frank Polygon's sketchbook and discovered a wealth of knowledge on edge extrusion modeling, artificial limitations, and how adjacent geometry can affect the smoothness of models. Frank also shared his wisdom on manual topology routing, revealing that using automatic tools is preferable wherever possible to create usable topology. Inspired by his advice, I turned to Josh Gambrel's video on HardOps (

to learn how to work faster and automate various processes. I applied what I learned and saw a significant improvement in my progress with the topology challenge.

I am always eager to learn and grow as an artist, so please feel free to share any material or links that you believe could be beneficial to my journey. Thank you for your continued support!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Today marks my second day using this platform and also the 33rd day of my 180 days journey to improve my topology skills. To kick-start the day, I resumed studying a video by Josh Gambrell on the use of HardOps and Boxcutter, which I successfully completed. I also watched several other videos on how to merge meshes faster, which I found to be really helpful.

Furthermore, I delved into another video by Ponte ryuurui on the same topic and conducted various tests on HardOps and BoxCutter. Despite experiencing some intense back pain from sitting for long hours and my mouse giving me some trouble, I made a second attempt at modeling my mouse, and included an image below for reference. Though I must confess, it doesn't look as good as I wanted it to be, but I won't give up and will keep trying to improve.

I'll appreciate any feedback you may have on how to further enhance my work. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day ahead!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello everyone! It's day 3 since I joined Polycount Sketchbook and day 34 of my 180-day topology improvement journey. I'm determined to take my topology skills to the next level! Today, I started off by writing out a list of 23 things I could do to improve my skills. The first thing I did was reach out to some amazing artists for feedback on how to enhance the topology of my mouse model. I received feedback from one artist who wasreally kind, and I'm grateful for his input.

After taking a break to read some mangas, I resumed my work and made an effort to study the topology of my mouse model. I researched on Sketchfab to study the works of more experienced artists. Later on, I explored structures in Pinterest and attempted to model them. Modeling simple shapes was the highlight of my day, and I learned a lot from it. I've attached some of the images from what I did today. Please feel free to give feedback or share any tips that you think could take my skills to the next level. I hope this post inspires you to work on improving your skills as well

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello everyone! It's DAY 4 since I joined Polycount Sketchbook and day 35 of my 180-day topology improvement journey. Today was all about connecting with other hard surface modeling artists. I created a Reddit account and reached out to a bunch of them. I also made sure to take care of my back with some targeted workouts, as I've been experiencing some serious upper back pain lately.Even though I only got feedback from a small percentage of the artists I contacted, I'm still grateful for any advice I can get.

On the less productive side, I did spend a few hours indulging in my love for manga, but hey, everyone needs a break sometimes.Back to the hard work, though. I spent several hours watching TOPOTALK by John Dickson and practicing what he was teaching, even though some of it was in Cinema4D. I learned about rotating edges and how to handle edges that don't flow properly, and even got a bit of experience with diamonds. It was so simple and fascinating! This is why I love 3D modeling, it's all about practice and experimentation.

Here's a screenshot of my progress on one of my studies. The plane on the right is more even than the one on the left, which is full of rectangles. I'm slowly gaining confidence and learning what to do when I get back to my mouse model. Feel free to DM me for advice or to share your own tips. Let's keep improving together!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings, fellow 3D and Blender enthusiasts! Today marks day 5 since I joined PolyCount and day 36 of my 180-day journey to improve my topology skills, and I'm happy to report that I'm making steady progress. I received some feedback from other artists yesterday, which taught me some valuable lessons. This journey has made me appreciate real-world objects more, knowing how difficult it can be to create them in 3D.

I spent some time on Sketchfab today, examining models and analyzing their topology. Unfortunately, most of the models were triangulated, so I couldn't learn as much as I hoped. But it did make me wonder why some hard surface models had over 3 million vertices - a far cry from the simplicity I've been taught.

In other news, I finally received the laptop stand I ordered from Aliexpress 20 days ago for a bargain price of 0.47 USD. It's the little things that make me happy!

Later on, I dove back into the TopoTalk series by JOHN DICKINSON, and it was fantastic. I enjoy taking screenshots of the references and attempting to create my own topology before watching the tutor's approach. I find this learning style to be both fun and effective.

That's a wrap for today, folks. Although I didn't accomplish much, I still learned a lot. As always, my DMs are open for tips and advice, and I'm always happy to help fellow 3D and Blender artists. Thanks for taking the time to read this update!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings, fellow 3D artists! Today marks the 6th day since I joined Polycount and the 37th day of my topology improvement journey, and I'm happy to report that I've made some progress. As always, my goal is to level up my topology skills, and today I continued with the John Dickinson topotalk playlist. However, due to the unexpected rain, I had to deal with a power outage which resulted in a low battery. Nevertheless, I persisted and kept working until my battery almost ran out. Check out some of the images below to see what I've been working on.

Since I couldn't continue with the practical exercises, I decided to dive into some theory. I stumbled upon an excellent blog post by Frank Oczus on Artstation (), and I was blown away by how edge flows can affect pinching and smoothing errors. I also learned how little and excess geometry can affect the mesh during subd modeling. Frank is truly a master of hard surface art, and I highly recommend checking out his content if you're interested in learning more.

Even though I'm currently typing this in the dark, I won't let that stop me from pursuing my passion for mastering topology and becoming a better 3D artist. If you have any tips or advice that can help me on my journey, please feel free to share them. I'm grateful for any assistance I can get. Thanks for reading, and keep creating!https://www.artstation.com/frankpolygon/blog

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings everyone! It's day 38 of my 180-day journey to improve my topology skills, and I'm excited to share my progress with you. Today, I completed a topotalk video, which taught me that there is something to learn from every shape. I decided to challenge myself by modeling a simple key, which was both frustrating and exhilarating. Despite making mistakes, I kept pushing myself to improve my topology skills, constantly deleting, fixing, and repeating the process.

In addition, I went through some old discord messages to learn from others' topology problems and see how they fixed them. Here's what I was able to create, and although it's not perfect, I'm proud of my progress so far. As always, I welcome any feedback or suggestions that can help me improve my skills. Thanks for reading, and happy modeling!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello everyone, welcome to day 39 of my 180-day topology improvement journey! Today, I started my day at 5 AM and downloaded several videos by John Dickinson. He has many HOW TO videos that I believe will help me learn a lot. I watched one of his TopoTalk series videos and gained valuable insights into directing edge flow. Although the video was focused on Cinema 4D, I learned a significant amount about topology.

Later in the day, I attempted to model my gaming mouse again, but I still found it confusing. So, I decided to switch to a different type of mouse. I gathered 20 reference images and began modeling. While I didn't make significant progress, it's still something. I'll keep working at it by trying, deleting, editing, and repeating until I get it right. If you have any tips or advice, please feel free to share. Thanks for reading!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings fellow 3D artists! Today marks day 40 of my 180-day topology improvement journey. I was delighted to wake up to some valuable feedback from other talented artists. Even though I had some setbacks with power and mouse issues, I still managed to make progress in my Blender project. It's ironic that I'm modeling a 3D mouse while my real mouse is acting up, but nothing will stop me from pushing forward! Today, I was able to collect references of mouse wireframes, and my brother is helping me to procure a new mouse. I also made some headway with my mouse model, and most importantly, I gained the insight that no one knows it all, and we're all still learning.

Please take a look at the wireframe image and perspective view of the reference image that I've shared below. I'd love to hear your thoughts on my work and any tips you may have to help me progress further in my journey.

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Day 9 of using polycount - Day 41 of my personal challenge: Good morning to everyone, except those it's not morning for. I was able to clean the geo a little. I think this looks better than what I had yesterday. The next challenge is working on the side part!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings everyone! Today marks day 41 of my topology improvement journey, and boy was it an interesting one. The weather was gloomy and cold due to the heavy rainfall that persisted throughout the day. But that didn't stop me from resuming work on my mouse model, which I began two days ago. I had originally started working on a more complicated mouse, but it became too overwhelming, so I switched to a simpler model to gain insight and learn new approaches.

Today, I spent several hours doing manual tweaks, even though Frank Oczus warned against it. But I believe that with time, I'll discover faster approaches and automate some of the processes. I also watched some videos on modeling a mouse and received some valuable feedback from my friend, Gallus.

Check out the image of my progress below, and feel free to give your honest opinion and feedback. I will be working on it again tomorrow to make it even better. Thanks for reading!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello fellow 3D artists! Today marks day 42 of my 180-day journey to improve my topology skills. Today, I tackled three tasks that I'm excited to share with you all.

Firstly, I had the opportunity to explore the DIGITAL ART LIVE platform. I joined it just yesterday, so I spent 1-2 hours familiarizing myself with the platform and all the amazing opportunities it has to offer.

Next, I focused on improving my skills based on the feedback I received from Gallus. He introduced me to the Laplace smooth modifier, which was completely new to me. I spent some time studying it and found it to be a valuable tool in my topology arsenal.

Lastly, I spent most of my time in the Blender viewport, trying to solve a pesky issue with my model. The side view had a concave look that just wasn't right. I spent hours scouring old messages on two different Blender Discord servers and watched multiple videos on modeling a mouse, but to no avail.

I believe the problem stems from a lack of understanding of the form and function of the model. That's where you all come in! I'm attaching an image of my model and would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice you have on how to make it better.

Let's keep pushing ourselves to improve our skills and create amazing art together!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hey guys, it's day 43 of my 180-day challenge to improve my 3D modeling skills, and I've got some exciting news to share with you! Today, I got a brand new mouse and it's amazing how much of a difference it made in my workflow. Sadly, my old mouse decided to stop working while I was in the middle of a project, but the new one came just in time to save the day.

To improve my mouse modeling skills, I spent several hours scouring the internet for pictures of different types of mice, and even took some time to sketch them out on paper. With all that knowledge under my belt, I put my skills to the test and spent the rest of the day working on remodeling my mouse from scratch. Starting with just a simple plane, I worked hard to make it look even better than my previous attempt. It's not perfect yet, but it's definitely progress.

I would love to hear your thoughts on my progress so far and any tips or advice you might have for me. Thanks for all your support, and I can't wait to see where this journey takes me!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey everyone, it's day 44 of my 180-day topology improvement journey, and let me tell you, today was quite an adventure! The heavy rainfall turned everything into a chilly wonderland, and to add to the excitement, we had a power outage that lasted until around 8 PM while I'm typing this. But you know what? I didn't let that stop me. I made the most of my time by diving deep into learning using my trusty mobile device.

One of the highlights of my day was watching the incredible John Dickinson tutorial on modeling a barrel bolt. Let me tell you, this video is an absolute gem. I soaked up so much knowledge, from mastering the Forgotten tool add-on to adopting various techniques for achieving clean and efficient topology. It's like a crash course in topological brilliance!

To further expand my horizons, I delved into the captivating world of the "3D topology" hashtag on Instagram. I dedicated countless hours scrolling through each and every post that shared valuable insights on this subject. I was blown away by the amazing works that were shared, and to my surprise, I stumbled upon some posts by none other than John Dickinson himself. Talk about a true trailblazer in the realm of 3D!

But I didn't stop there. I devoted the remaining time to the "HELP ME" category of a Blender Discord channel. It was an eye-opening experience to witness the challenges faced by other Blender artists and the ingenious solutions they discovered. It's incredible how a community can come together to support and uplift one another.

I hope you found my journey as thrilling as I did. Remember to check out the links below for the mind-blowing John Dickinson Barrel tutorial and his Discord channel. And as always, thank you for joining me on this exciting ride!

Video on How to Model a Barrel Bolt: https://youtu.be/eEDoVl1qV3U
    John DIckinson's Discord channel: https://discord.com/invite/CSrkXt4CXS
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, fellow 3D Artists! Today marks day 45 of my exciting 180-day journey to enhance my topology skills. And guess what? I've finally picked up where I left off with my intricate mouse model. It initially felt overwhelming, but I decided to take a break and experiment with something simpler, as I shared on days 43 and 44. But today, I plunged back into the challenge of my complex mouse, and boy, was it fascinating!

No tutorials for me today! Instead, I spent the majority of my time in the 3D viewport, meticulously moving, editing, and tweaking my mouse model. Surprisingly, I managed to avoid any back pains, although my wrist did feel a bit strained.

I dabbled with three different retopology ideas to improve the topology, but I'm unsure if any of them are truly up to par. Nevertheless, I firmly believe that no time spent in pursuit of improvement is ever wasted. As the esteemed Senior 3D Character artist, Georgian Avasilcutei, wisely stated, "Every single vertex moved is going to make you a better artist. What you need to understand is that you need to move it all the time and you need to be patient. That knowledge base doesn't get build up by itself."

Now, without further ado, feast your eyes upon these captivating images of my progress. I genuinely appreciate any insights and assistance you can provide. Thank you in advance for your support!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, amazing artists! It's day 46 of my 180-day topology improvement journey, and let me tell you, today's weather was no joke. The heavy rainfall made it bone-chillingly cold, but that didn't stop me from putting in some solid hours on my mouse model. However, I must confess, I'm at a crossroads. I'm contemplating the idea of moving on to a new model because I feel like I've been dedicating a lot of time to this one. But then again, I also understand that this is all part of the learning process.

Speaking of learning, I must admit I hit a few roadblocks while working on the mouse model. There were moments when I found myself scratching my head, trying to figure out how certain parts fit together and how the model should be bent. But you know what? I'm not giving up. I have a bunch of new techniques and ideas lined up, and I can't wait to dive into them tomorrow.

And can we take a moment to appreciate the support and camaraderie in this community? It's been incredible to see fellow beginners reaching out to me for tips, and I'm more than happy to lend a hand. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to slide into my DMs. And to all the seasoned artists out there, your advice is worth its weight in gold, so please feel free to share your wisdom. Together, we'll create something truly extraordinary.

Keep shining, my friends!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, folks! It's day 47 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey, and today I delved deeper into studying the topology of my mouse model. Let me tell you, cracking this model could be a game-changer for my topology skills! Although I've spent countless hours and even days on it, I don't consider it a waste of time. Sure, there are moments of frustration, but deep down, I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Today, I decided to focus on a specific part of the mouse model and study it intensely. I reached out to more experienced artists to gain insights into the importance of insets, creases, and the use of holding edges or supporting loops. And boy, did I learn some valuable lessons! Turns out, adding insets is a fantastic way to create those necessary supporting edges on surfaces, ensuring the overall shape remains intact when applying the subdivision surface modifier.

Later on, I experimented with a different approach to the topology of the mouse model, inspired by an artist I discovered on Reddit. I've included some images showcasing the various techniques I've been exploring. Which is better? Your feedback is highly appreciated!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, it's day 48 of my 180 Day Topology Improvement Journey! Today, I continued working on my mouse model and made some much-needed improvements. I also reached out to the community on various social media platforms to get their input on how to tackle a particular challenge. It's always great to hear different perspectives and approaches from fellow artists!

One thing that has really helped me along the way is the APPEND tool in Blender. This nifty function allows you to easily import data from other blend-files into your current project. This can save a lot of time and effort, especially if you're reusing objects or assets that you've created or downloaded from other sources.

To use the append function, simply go to File > Append and select the blend-file that contains the data you want to import. From there, you can choose the specific data-blocks you want to bring into your project. It's a powerful tool that can really streamline your workflow and improve your efficiency.

Thanks for joining me on this journey, and I hope this information helps you as much as it's helped me. Keep creating, and don't forget to share your progress with the community!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hey there, it's day 48 of my 180 Day Topology Improvement Journey! Today, I continued working on my mouse model and made some much-needed improvements. I also reached out to the community on various social media platforms to get their input on how to tackle a particular challenge. It's always great to hear different perspectives and approaches from fellow artists!

One thing that has really helped me along the way is the APPEND tool in Blender. This nifty function allows you to easily import data from other blend-files into your current project. This can save a lot of time and effort, especially if you're reusing objects or assets that you've created or downloaded from other sources.

To use the append function, simply go to File > Append and select the blend-file that contains the data you want to import. From there, you can choose the specific data-blocks you want to bring into your project. It's a powerful tool that can really streamline your workflow and improve your efficiency.

Thanks for joining me on this journey, and I hope this information helps you as much as it's helped me. Keep creating, and don't forget to share your progress with the community!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hey there, fellow artists! We've reached day 49 of my incredible 180 Day Topology Improvement Journey. Today, I dived right back into my mouse model and dedicated several hours to honing my craft. But hey, a little break for some learning never hurts, right?

I stumbled upon an enlightening tutorial by the talented John Dickinson, all about the art of crafting a door knob. And guess what? It made me realize a potential blunder I've been making all along. Brace yourselves, folks, because here's the scoop: I shouldn't have applied the subdivision at the plane stage of my model. Yep, that's a big oopsie on my part. I got carried away and started beveling those edges while it was still a plain ol' plane. Silly me!

But fear not, my friends, for I have rectified my mistake! I've corrected the error and boy, oh boy, do I feel like I'm truly making progress. It's a journey that requires time and dedication, but the sense of accomplishment is oh-so-sweet. Feast your eyes upon the current state of my masterpiece. Oh, and I also captured some up-close shots of those intriguing holes. Gotta appreciate the details, right?

Your support means the world to me, my wonderful Polycount Sketchbook community. Keep those encouraging vibes coming, and together, we'll conquer the realm of 3D art!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Can you see the improvements??? 
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings fellow 3D and Blender artists! It's day 50 of my 180 Day Topology Improvement Journey, and I'm excited to share with you my progress on the mouse model. Today was a bit challenging due to unstable power, but I still managed to invest some time into it. However, I found myself struggling with properly bending the model. It was then I realized I made the same mistake I did with my previous mouse model - not studying the reference and understanding its form and function. But hey, mistakes are part of the learning process, right? So, I'm taking this as an opportunity to learn and improve. Check out the image below to see how the model looks now. Thanks for your support, and keep  following along!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hello everyone, it's day 51 of my 180 Day Topology Improvement Journey, and I had an epiphany. I realized that I've been relying too heavily on blueprints and it's stunting my growth as a 3D modeler. So, I decided to challenge myself today and model something from my mom's room - a simple honey container. While the basic shape was easy enough to create, I struggled with the intricate thread pattern. Fortunately, I had previously saved some YouTube tutorials on how to model screws using the screw modifier. I applied this technique and was able to successfully create the thread pattern.

If you're a 3D modeler looking to improve your skills, don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. It may take some trial and error, but that's how you grow and develop your skills. Keep pushing yourself, and who knows what you might be able to create next!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    • Hey everyone, welcome to Day 52 of my 180-Day topology challenge! Today, I had some fun modeling a Smart Collection Perfume bottle that I found in my mom’s room. I wanted to practice how to model from perspective without using blueprints. I think I did a pretty good job today. I also learned some cool tips from a John Dickinson tutorial on how to model a claw hammer. He said we should practice more with perspective references because that’s what clients usually want. What do you think of my progress? Let me know in the comments! 
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Welcome to my Polycount Sketchbook! 

DAY 53 of 180 (Topology) - Today, I resumed working on my latest 3D model and tried out different options to improve its look. While searching for inspiration and guidance, I stumbled upon a tutorial by Josh Gambrell that really caught my attention. 

However, I didn't want to just copy what I saw. I wanted to understand WHY Josh Gambrell started with a 32-vert cylinder and a 12-vert circle. After conducting more research, I finally found the answer!

As it turns out, there's no special trick to it. Rather, it's a recommendation to use more vertices for the cylinder than for the circle, since the cylinder has a larger surface area and needs more vertices to maintain its shape and curvature. In my case, I used 8 vertices for the circle and 16 vertices for the cylinder.

So, to sum up, if you want your model to look smooth, avoid using an 8-vert circle and a 12-vert cylinder. They simply don't have enough vertices! 

To showcase my findings, I created two videos. In the first video, I used a 12-vert circle and a 32-vert cylinder. In the second video, I used an 8-vert circle and a 16-vert cylinder. Check them out! 
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings fellow artists! It's Day 54 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement challenge and I've been hard at work on a smart collection perfume I stumbled upon in my mom's room. It took more time than I expected, but I'm happy to say that I've finally completed it! I owe a huge thanks to the artists on various platforms who offered their invaluable help along the way. Here are some images of my final product, and I would love to hear your thoughts on it. As always, I'm open to any advice or tips you may have for me, and my DM is always open to beginners who have questions. Keep creating and stay inspired!
  • BlazefuryX
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    A few days ago, I noticed that every time I saved my Blend file, a duplicate was created. I ignored it for a while and just kept deleting them. Finally, I reached out and someone helped me fix it. The solution was to turn down the save version to 0.

UPDATE: 
    I've received some feedback from various platforms regarding a common problem that can occur while using Blender. It's highly recommended that you set your save versions to 1 or 2 and never turn off the feature completely (by using 0).

Fortunately, Blender offers two automated systems that can help protect your work in case of any mishaps. These are the additional save versions and auto save. Auto save is especially helpful if you're working on something and Blender crashes or freezes. Simply navigate to File - Recover - Auto Save and retrieve your work.

On the other hand, previous file versions come in handy when you've accidentally corrupted your file or saved a large edit that you later realized was problematic. If this happens, don't panic! Simply open one of the previous copies and voila, your work is restored. While it might be an earlier version, it's still better than losing all your progress entirely. Keep your work safe and sound, folks!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hello there, fellow artists! It's Day 55 of my 180-day topology improvement challenge, and today I've decided to work on a lotion cream that I discovered in my mom's room. I actually started working on it yesterday, with the hope of adding a specific detail to the model, but I ended up settling for what I have now. Believe it or not, it took me more than 6 hours to get to this point! But hey, sometimes the simplest things can take the longest time to perfect, right? 

So without further ado, here are some images of my progress! As always, feel free to DM me with any advice or tips that could help improve my workflow. And if you're a beginner looking for some guidance, don't hesitate to reach out - I'm happy to help! Cheers, and happy creating!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, fellow artists! It's day 56 of my epic 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. Today was quite a challenge as a power outage disrupted my Blender workflow for a whopping 12-14 hours. But did I let that stop me? Absolutely not! Instead of wallowing in darkness, I turned to Google and delved into the world of 3D Topology. 

I refreshed my memory on some key concepts and picked up some new tricks along the way. One crucial lesson I relearned is the importance of good topology. It's like a secret weapon that allows for easy shape editing and future modifications during the modeling process. Trust me, it's a game-changer!

But wait, there's more! I stumbled upon a fascinating tidbit about how bad topology can seriously hinder your workflow speed. Imagine being weighed down by excessive vertices and suffering from unnecessary lags. Not fun, right? So, it's essential to keep those poly counts in check and maintain a smooth sailing creative process.

To top it all off, I've embarked on studying the form of my next modeling project: an iron from my mom's room. Exciting, right? I've attached an image below, and I would love to hear your approach to modeling it. Let's brainstorm together and create something incredible! Thanks for being part of this amazing journey. Keep rocking those polygons!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Greetings, fellow Polycounters! It's Day 57 of my epic 180-Day Topology journey, and things are getting iron-hot! I've dived headfirst into exploring ideas for my iron model, but this time, I'm steering clear of a pesky mistake that caused me heaps of trouble in the past. The key to success? Studying, studying, and more studying! I'll be immersing myself in references, crafting a crystal-clear mental image of the form I aim to achieve.

And guess what? I've learned my lesson the hard way—no more adding those holding edges prematurely while still in the 2D stage. Can you believe I used to do that? 😅 But fear not, my fellow sculptors, for growth comes from acknowledging our mistakes and pushing forward with newfound wisdom. Join me on this adventure as we conquer the challenges of topology, one model at a time! Stay tuned for more updates and let's keep those creative sparks flying! 💪🔥

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, fellow 3D enthusiasts! Welcome to Day 58 of my epic 180-Day Topology Improvement journey here on Polycount Sketchbook. Buckle up, because today's update is all about my iron model and the progress I've made!

First off, let's talk about why I embarked on this topology mastery quest in the first place. You see, topology is like the secret sauce that gives our 3D models that smooth and polished look. It's all about those beautifully connected edges, faces, and vertices that make our creations truly shine.

Now, back to the iron model. I dove headfirst into this little project, channeling my inner iron aficionado. My strategy? Well, I decided to start from the bottom and work my way up. It's all about building a solid foundation, right?

With each hour invested, I managed to make some sweet progress on my iron masterpiece. The curves, the edges, the subtle details—I meticulously crafted them all. It's like bringing an inanimate object to life in the virtual realm. Oh, the joys of 3D modeling!

But hey, I don't want this to be a one-sided conversation. I want YOU, my amazing Polycount community, to be part of this journey too. That's why I've shared some stunning images and maybe even a video or two showcasing my iron model. Take a look, soak it all in, and let me know how you would have approached this challenge. Collaboration is key, my friends!

So, whether you're a fellow 3D wizard or just starting out on your own topology adventure, I'm grateful for your time and support. Together, we'll conquer the realm of polygons and breathe life into our virtual creations. Keep pushing those boundaries, my friends, and stay tuned for more thrilling updates on this crazy topology rollercoaster ride. Until next time! 
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon

Hey there, fellow artists! It's Day 59 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey, and today I dived back into my iron model. But guess what? I wasn't feeling the previous approach, so I decided to start from scratch. Yeah, sometimes you just gotta hit that reset button, you know? The result? Well, it's not exactly what I hoped for, but hey, that's part of the process. I'm not giving up! I dedicated several hours to this, and I'm determined to turn it into a masterpiece. Take a look at the image of my progress, and I'm all ears for your valuable feedback and suggestions on how to take it up a notch. Remember, it's all about the journey, folks. Keep creating, keep improving!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hey there, lovely people! Welcome to the fabulous Day 60 of my mind-blowing 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. Today, I jumped right back into the groove of my Dry Iron model. Picture this: I courageously hit the delete button on the handle and took another shot at it, because, let's be real, the first attempt just didn't cut it. We're all about that perfection, right?

Now, here's the twist. I couldn't work my magic as much as I wanted to, all thanks to some pesky unstable power supply and a sweltering hot environment. Talk about challenges that put my creativity to the test! But hey, where there's a will, there's a way, and I never back down from a good modeling adventure.

To spice things up and add some zest to my learning experience, I decided to watch a captivating YouTube video by the talented SnSmNtNs. They were demonstrating how to model a bird toy. While I'm not crafting a feathery friend myself, let me tell you, my friends, I gathered a treasure trove of knowledge from those two mind-blowing videos. I soaked up valuable insights about the importance of planning your topology ahead of time, the virtue of patience, and even discovered some shiny new tools like Smooth Vertices, Selecting Boundary loops, and more!

Guess what? I'm not giving up on this iron model anytime soon, my friends. I'm determined to level up its appearance and create something truly captivating. And hey, I couldn't have come this far without your unwavering support. So, from the bottom of my heart, I send you a massive thank you! May the winds of success carry you swiftly in all your current endeavors. Best of luck, my wonderful friends!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hi everyone, welcome to Day 61 of my Topology Improvement Challenge. I’m back with my iron model and I’m happy to share some progress with you. The handle was tricky, but I managed to fix it. The real challenge was the temperature control. I wanted to add some cool details with circular array, but it didn’t work out. I watched a bunch of tutorials, but nothing helped. I’m not giving up though. I’ll try again tomorrow and hopefully figure it out. Thanks for following my journey, I hope you’re having a wonderful day/night!
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings, everyone! Today marks Day 62 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. I picked up where I left off on my Iron model and focused on the temperature controller part. As you can see in the screenshot below, I made some progress but I also faced some challenges with the topology. One thing that helped me was figuring out how to make the circular array using the 3D cursor and Shift R. I’m still not satisfied with the result though, so I’ll practice harder tomorrow. What do you think of my work so far? Do you have any tips or suggestions for improving my topology? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more updates!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings, fellow Polycounters! This is Day 63 of my epic quest to level up my topology skills in 180 days. Today, I continued to work on a dry iron that I borrowed from my mom’s room. It’s been 9 days since I started this project and I’m still not done. This iron is more challenging than I thought, but also more rewarding. I’m proud to say that I nailed the temperature control today. It looks awesome! Thanks for your support and stay tuned for more updates.

• BlazefuryX
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hi everyone, welcome to day 64 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. As you may recall, I’m working on a realistic model of a dry iron that I borrowed from my mom’s room. Today, I made some progress on fixing the topology issues and modeling the sole plate. I also studied the shape of the cord lift, which is quite tricky. Tomorrow, I’ll continue working on it and hopefully finish it soon. Thanks for your support and feedback. Stay tuned for more updates!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hi everyone, welcome to day 65 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. In this episode, I continued to model the dry iron that I borrowed from my mom’s room. I focused on the cord lift and its shape. However, I think I could have used a better technique. I downloaded two videos on curve modifier to learn more. Tomorrow, I will tackle the plug head and the wire. Stay tuned and thanks for watching!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings, fellow Polycounters! I’m back with day 66 of my 180-Day Topology Improvement Journey. Today’s challenge was to model the plug of my dry iron. It was a tough one, but I learned a lot from watching some tutorials. I tried to avoid Ngons, but maybe they would have made my life easier. What do you think? Do you have any tips or tricks for modeling plugs? Let me know in the comments!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings, fellow Polycounters! This is day 67 of my epic quest to master topology in 180 days. Today I tackled the plug of my Iron model and faced some challenges. I received mixed feedback on whether to use Ngons or not. Some say they are fine, others say they are evil. I’m still experimenting with different approaches, but for now I’m sticking with quads as they seem more versatile. I appreciate your input and support. Stay tuned for more updates!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Greetings, fellow Polycounters! This is day 68 of my epic quest to master topology in 180 days. Today’s challenge was to model the Nivea Men Roll on that I borrowed from my mom’s stash. I gave it my best shot, but I couldn’t nail it. No worries, though. I’m not giving up. I’ll try again tomorrow and hopefully do better. So, hold your feedback for now. I still have some tricks up my sleeve.😉

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Day 69/180 (Topology) - Greetings to all of you who are enjoying a fresh morning. And to those who are not, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead. Today, I played around with creating circular shapes from flat surfaces. I used a simple 2 by 2 grid as a base, but varied the number of vertices for the circle. I tested two different tools: the knife project and the bridge. I observed that the knife project added two extra vertices to a 6-vertex circle, but the bridge tried to match the existing geometry. This is so much fun. I also noticed that the circle looked distorted when I used 4 or 6 vertices. I found that 8 vertices gave me a nice circle.
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Hi everyone! I’m back with day 70 of my 180-Day topology improvement journey. Today’s challenge was to model a Nivea roll-on that I borrowed from my mom’s room. It was a tough one, but I managed to finish it. I’m not very satisfied with the topology, but I think it’s decent enough. What do you think? I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions!

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Next! I am so scared. It'll be really tricky, but I'm up for the challenge. The worst that'll happen is it'll take days or weeks
  • BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    This is the result of our collaboration. I did the modeling and Imtiaz Ali handled the textures and rendering. There is room for improvement, but I am happy with how it looks now. (ref included)

• BlazefuryX
    Offline / Send Message
    BlazefuryX polygon
    Day 71/180 (Topology): So, I started some research on using references in 3D modeling and I have learned a lot. I read some information that made me rethink my approach. The author said that for beginner artists, it’s best to stick to accurately recreating an existing object. Then, after a few projects, you’ll start grasping what makes a 3D object look good. Initially, I thought it was not good practice to depend on using images in the viewport, but now it seems that’s the right thing to do.