Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Tits

Replies

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Latest update,
    heres the tiny preliminary sketch and then the final piece
    I also ended up using coloring pencil on the foreground of the final piece to add more depth and color variation,grain etc
    This is also from The last of us Part II

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Update!
    I ended up finishing 2 new paintings!
    I wanted to do this guitar scene from The last of us,
    I started with a quick  mockup of the color in my sketchbook
    Then I turned it into this full painting. I had planned at first to used coloring pencil this time again, but in the end it didn't feel needed or right and I ended up leaving it as watercolor only.

I was also planning on the last guitar piece being my last one in the The last of us Part II mini serie,
    But i ended up painting this last piece from ellie's tattoo.
    I wasn't sure about how this one would turn out with the soft aquarelle look but I ended up very happy with it. I also turned those into stickers... I just love stickers for some reason.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Latest update!
    I painted those cute little Icons and fruits from Animal crossing and then turn them into cute little sticker,
    Just been having a bit of fun, keeping me busy with the sticker making :)

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Thanks for the front page!!

Update on my latest painting, something very different from my latest, cutsie stuff.
    I'm very excited for the release of the PS5 version of demon's souls, so while waiting for the release I decided to paint this Demon's piece with the first tutorial boss, vanguard.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Just realized I haven't updated this thread (outrageous!)
    I made another painting from Ghibli, I missed colors a little bit,

And then I went back into the dark side with another demon,s souls painting. Anyone else got Lucky enough to get a ps5 ?

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Progress is shifting along with every update it seems and really digging the darker emotive ones, of late :+1:

Side note:
    Still umming & ah'ing whether too pickup a PS5 before xmas despite it's $750AUS price tag so we'll see...might wait a bit into the new year.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @sacboi Thank you! I do like some more ''grounded'' pieces sometimes, but also the colorful ones, I can't pick!
    The ps5 is so damn expensive! I'm not sure how I actually managed to get my hands on one, everyone has been struggling like crazy so I'm glad I somehow got one. Not too many games available tho... But I really enjoyed going through demon,s souls with those stunning graphic and watching my partner play a bit of spiderman. But that's about it for now!

Couple of updates!
    I did a very cute ponyo scene I had in my radar for a little while. Really enjoy the clear water look and I had a lot of fun painting it.
    I am slowly starting to have a bit less trouble with big washes which is my biggest nemesis lately.

After that I decided to try painting Shinsekai in Osaka. I had couple of pictures of when I visited but I ended up stealing a shot from @rohMizuno because his had better composition for what I had in mind.
    Often struggle when painting from picture because they don,t turn out having that ''illustration'' look I try to go for, but I think I kinda got it working on that one so that made me very happy!

• Eric Chadwick
    Loving these Marie!
  • allmighty_thunder
    Offline / Send Message
    allmighty_thunder polycounter lvl 13
    These are looking lovely :)
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @Eric Chadwick Thank you so much Eric!
    @allmighty_thunder Thank you!!

Continuing on my tiny series of painting based on pictures I took in Japan.
    This time I made kyoto fushimi Inari shrine as well as Tokyo tower in the spring.
    I am also turning them into postcard and stickers!

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    It had been so long!
    I got kind of sidetracked, with a change of job as well as moving into the new house. Life's been super busy and it's been hard to find time (and motivation!) to paint.
    Had not properly painted since back in february when I redid my very first painting, one year later.
    Here's what I did since my last update

This one is from January.
    Not the biggest fan of how this one turned out in the end but it was still a fun attempt :)

Here's the one year later painting.
    When we started painting we told ourselves, while painting our very first painting, that we should re-try the same images a year later.
    So this was done (about) a year after the old one, to see the progress.
    I think there is definitely a big improvement, this specific image is challenging however because of how flat/even the lighting is.

Here's me having a little bit of fun with Posca acrylic markers.
    Did those cute little japanese ''lucky cats'' and turned them into sparkly stickers

And finally my latest.
    This one was definitely tricky after not having touched watercolor for about 7 months!
    I almost ended up trashing that one shortly after starting it because the washes didn't turn out as even as I wanted.
    Glad I decided to stick with it and continue reworking it.
    If you don't recognize the scene, it's from Bo Burnham last special INSIDE. The special is amazing and i've been literally obsessed with it since I watched it. I've been itching to paint it ever since i've seen it,
    So here it is :)
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Took advantage of a couple of days of jobless bliss to paint this one

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Like this latest painting a lot, both compositional and perspective :+1:
  • Finnn
    Offline / Send Message
    Finnn greentooth

I've seen that thing on netflix. Love all the small details. Well done!

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

@sacboi Thank you so much!

@Finnn I have watched this special more than I care to admit haha. Thank you!

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

It had been a while!

In between the arrival of the new puppy as well as the many job changes recently I struggled finding time to sit down and paint.

But Peco (my new dog) played the muse for me as I attempted to draw and paint him.

Drawing is definitely not one of my strong skill but I'm glad I gave it a shot and made many sketched on the ipad before moving to watercolor and paper.

Also wanted to test different medium and results.

I tried my classic watercolor and coloring pencil (What I ended up going with)

Watercolor and gouache lines (do love how it gave me very crisp and matte lines but very hard to be precise with a brush!)

100% gouache. This was my first time ever using gouache so I literally had no idea what I was doing. The result was surprisingly not as bad as I thought. Gouache dries so matte that it gave the sketch a graphic / digital look which was interesting, but not really my usual ''style''.

I decided to stick with my usual watercolor and coloring pencils.

Do want to give gouache another try some day.

here's my beautiful Muse

• EricElwell
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter

These are awesome, Marie! I love the expression and the graphic styling.

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message

He's a real cutie 😀

and I think it looks like imho you've captured his personality too, might also make for awesome fridge magnets, as well 👍️

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

@EricElwell Thank you so much!!

@sacboi Haha Peco has one hell of a personality so definitely could not capture all of it but I tried! Haha I don't do fridge magnets yet 😉

Been doing a lot of ''experimenting'' with new mediums and style lately.

Always been jealous of those cool artist with bunch of filled up sketchbook so I have been trying to use mine more and vary my mediums etc.

First I tried gouache for the first time and it was a lot less like watercolor than I expected and a lot harder too.

Not really happy with the result but I can say that at least I had fun and want to try gouache some more at some point.

Aside from that I had been wanting to try drawing/ painting based on many ''little isolated'' house pictures I took over the last few years traveling.

At first my intention was to do the lines in coloring pencil and then go over them with monochromatic soft watercolors.

But in the end I ended up loving the results with the lines alone and left them that way. Do want to try with watercolor another time tho, but I love the visual impact it has with the lines alone.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Back to my usual watercolor,

Had a lot of fun last weekend painting those little puffins based on some pictures I took of them in Iceland as well as in the faroe Islands

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Hello Again!

It's been a little while so I did a couple of more pages in my sketchbook!

First I wanted to try something very simple based on a picture I took of roh and peco a little while back.

I went with a soft gouache background and lines in posca pen but I kind of miss and prefered the soft and tiner lines of my underdrawing tbh.

also wanted to paint the bouquet from my 3rd year anniversary, I decided to paint it in 2 medium, one in watercolor and one in gouache (trying to continue epxloring this medium a bit more)

Surprisingly I ended up not really being a fan of the watercolor one, I did ended up painting it outside and it made everything dry way too fast which posed an extra challenge. I went very ballsy with the blue background also and I kind of regretted it...

So I ended up redoing the same ballsy background on the gouache version of course. But I kind of do like it on the gouache version.

I tried to not abuse the coloring pencils on the gouache version. I did use them a bit too much on the watercolor version.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Hello again Polycount,

back with 2 new painting this time

First I worked on this watercolor piece based on a scene I really liked from this show on netflix called Heartstopper.

I also have been wanting to give gouache another try and so I worked on this painting based on a picture i took in the lofoten island, Norway, years ago

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Hi again Ghost town

Here's a little quick sketch of peco and his infamous cone of shame I did during the weekend in watercolor

And here's another little gouache attempt I did, This is based on a picture of the ghibli museum in Mitaka Japan I took a couple of years back

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

A little bit more paintings from me (promise I'm still a 3d artist!)

First one is another try at gouache, painting based on a picture I took in whistler British Columbia last year

The second is me returning to watercolor and painting based on a picture I took in Takayama, Japan a couple of years back. I was trying something a bit different in terms of style but I did not quite achieve what I had in mind...First time working out of my sketchbook and on a bigger paper in quite a while tho!

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

It had been a while once again!

Been itching to paint something from House of dragon even since I started watching but I couldn't find the time to do it until now.

This was painted using gouache.

I have never tried painting a portrait before and of course I chose the medium I have very little to no experience with.

it was a ton of fun tho and I feel like I learned a lot. Unfortunately the face turned out a lot blotchier than I would have hoped.

I think it did because I used way too small of a brush and worked in super small sections with a medium that's extremely hard to blend.

Lessons were learned (hopefully...)

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Hello again Polycount,

After this last painting in gouache I decided to give it another try, this time with better quality gouache I received for my birthday.

Still having a bit of a hard time getting the hang of the medium, especially with such hard subject as faces and such.

Another painting based on HBO house of the dragon

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Little small sketch I did during the long thanksgiving weekend.

been wanting to paint this ever since Part 1 was announced, I think anyone knows how big of a The last of us Fan I used to be (and still am)

This was done in Gouache .

Original cover art by the amazingly talented David Blatt of course

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

Updating this thread again with more gouache painting (3d? never heard of it!)

Here's yet another House of the dragon painting I did before the holidays (I moved on, promise!)

And now of course my new obsession, the upcoming HBO adaptation of The last of us.

If you don't know this about me, I have been obsessed with TLOU ever since the game released, it's been years and my obsession has unfortunately not faded.,, So be ready for a lot of TLOU painting because I'm planning on painting 1 painting for each episode. Now we just have to wait and see if I actually do what I say I will.

Here's one I made from the trailer and then for Episode 1

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Didn't realized I never posted the all 9 episodes painting I did of The last of us in 2023
    I'm just finally back from a almost year hiatus in painting,
    I just finished this latest piece inspired By Alan Wake II

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Really getting back into painting this year,
    I just followed a 8 weeks gouache class and now started a landscape one,
    Here's my last week assignement for the gouache class which was a master study.
    I went for Leyendecker of course

And after that I painted those 2 study from the movie Poor things

• Eric Chadwick
  • Tits