Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Wars - Redemption ( FanMade Project )

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vexod14 polycounter

Note : Project's updates won't always be at the top of it, so when an update come, scroll to explore what's new !

"Star Wars - Redemption" is the temporary title I've found for a fanmade project inspired mostly by the clone wars TV serie and, of course, star wars universe. At the beginning it was just about a jedi in a clone outfit and the more I spend time on it, the more new stuff is added to this base concept. I'll add all things about it here, it's the project's main page. But you may see individual assets on separated projects if you want =)

As it's a fan project I don't spend the time I'd want on it, the evolution will be chaotic in terms of regularity ^^ Sorry in advance !

The project may take place between Ep2 & Ep5 or more, I'm not done yet with the story.

I work on it with Thomas Chaumel who is the animator behind most of the moving characters & objects in Redemption ( I do animation as well but...let's say I'm at a smaller level of XP ^^") 

Des Bisous ! ♥

Note : you can follow the project's evolution on artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gO4Pm

And of course, constructive criticism is always appreciated =)

Disclaimer : https://www.artstation.com/vexod14/blog/GYLq/star-wars-redemption-disclaimer

Replies

• Sigmatron
    Offline / Send Message
    Sigmatron interpolator
    Whew, it is amazing! Saw your clone troopers on artstation and didn't even knew it is a such huge project. Great work and respect, definitely gonna keep an eye on a project.

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    New shot guys ! And new environment by the way, in my dreams this one is used for an order 66 map in the demo  ;)
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Another one, I really like making things fly high in the sky =)
  • Forest_Cat
    Offline / Send Message
    Forest_Cat polycounter lvl 5
    Great job! And how will you come with sounds? As I understand it, you can not take any of the films and TV shows.
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    I will see...but yeah it's the only problematic field of the project, as far as I know there are several fanfictions and a few game demo that uses sounds from games, films, etc, since "Star Wars" soundscape is hard to remake when you are not into sound design I guess it's legit to use what's already existing and as long as you don't make profit with it (I don't plan on selling the demo of the game of course)

Also, a trailer can be done with really subtle sound effects, with the "less is more" in mind, maybe just a few notes of a theme that I could compose, I don't know. Yet I need to stay focused on what needs to be done, I'll worry about this with legit & important questions when time comes =)
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    Hi there ! New shot =) Animated with akeytsu and rendered with marmoset toolbag 4

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter
    Please welcome the 414th !
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

A really special shot to me, as it was one where my friend & mate Thomas Chaumel helped me a lot with precise feedbacks all the time. I've learned new animation tricks thanks to him, which helped me so much bringing Mevenn to what I had in mind for her attitude, leadership and acting (even if that's still really short ^^)  
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Wip wip wip =)

I really love this environment vibes ♥ Holobooks needs more life btw, It's just a draft ^^ I also decided to cut off one of the blades to give that lightsaber a more brutal feeling
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Little new guy added to the cast 

Each skin variant painted as usual with our beloved 3D-Coat ♥ Yet I didn't follow completely the original designs (as you might have noticed, I like to take some artistic freedom when it comes to fan art ;))

I've also rigged/skinned/animated it through akeytsu, it was super simple (it's just about a big pelvis, no bend, two limited arms...but it was interesting to bring some life to this =))

The model is available on both artstation & flippednormals, simply search for "vexod14" once there 

Rendered using Marmoset Toolbag 4.03, modeled with 3dsMax

I also did a new posing for the artstation thumbnail of Mevenn, sinci now she holds two lightsabers and has evolved in terms of posing, I thought it was the good moment to refresh it :

In the meantime, I'm working hard to bring out more content in SWR, the demo made great impression so far over all the fandom, but it wasn't accomplished as I envisioned it.

Cheers guys !

• macoll
    Offline / Send Message
    macoll polycounter lvl 11

Cool stuff you have, gratz ^^

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi insane polycounter

Huge Congrats 🙂

Massive effort with everything involved in bringing this project through too fruition, although I sense there's more to come...

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

@sacboi You're extremely right ^^ There's a lot more to come, and the next months will be probably the most challenging I'll ever know about this cool project (the final version is coming slowly since august 2021, with tons of improvement & fixes...but man, there's still so much left to be done ^^")

Here's some progress I've done recently :

That's another unplanned part of the project. I've made the Jedi archives on Coruscant (my favourite level I guess as it's really into SW's mood), and decided to make statues, starting from sculpts. But, well, I thought these statues could also be NPC (if possible, that's a point I have to discuss with Thibaut, my programmer friend helping on the project. If not they'll just act as dead corpses but I'd really, really, really love to see them fighting clones alongside Mevenn. The result could be really cool =))

• Vexod14
  • Bolovorix
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix polycounter lvl 8

Wow, this is an incredible project! Thanks for sharing so much of your process, it's truly inspiring!

I love the exaggeration in the anims and the environment art and texturing is just beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing more!

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Some updates on the Jedi character "generator" I'm making (well, not a super deep one, just something I can quickly mess with. Not every species will be there, like Twi'lek or Togruta, even if I'd love to make an Ahsoka-like or an Ayala Secura, I simply don't have time to make each one of them, not now ^^"

I made these screenshots directly on 3DCoat (sorry for the strange FOV...damn these shots angles sucks), you can expect some refinements in the final version of course (like alpha pass on cloth/hair), here are a few versions I've came up with after a very few tweaks ;)

Voilà voilà, des bisous ♥

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Just made a quick lineup with Mevenn. I love the geonosis mood with lightsabers ^^ It's a rough paintover of course ;)

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi insane polycounter

Dude! you ever sleep 🤓

"c'est une idée originale qui n'arrête pas de partir trop loin" - well yeah, that's really what passion does for you 👍️

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Haha ^^" Honestly last days were chaotic in terms of awaken/asleep phases, I hope to find back a decent balance as soon as i'll be done with this demo ^^"

• killnpc
    Offline / Send Message
    killnpc greentooth

that's some serious sweat equity. cool to see ambitious passion projects like these, nice work you've guys done with this.

• TRAUMWELT75
    Offline / Send Message
    TRAUMWELT75 polycounter lvl 7

wow ! amazing work here !

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 polycounter

Hello Force users !

Here's my take on the N-1 Starfighter, made for the fan project Star Wars - Redemption of course. This one was quite challenging because of its excellent design shapes (to me it's THE one), it was also a real pleasure as always when doing fan art, but especially this one because you can use colors you rarely mix up together (that fresh & rusted yellow...♥)

I didn't model the cockpit because for the demo it was overkill, but that's something I'd like to do one day. References on the lower part near foot pedals are quite hard to find though ^^"

I made it with :

- 3dsMax (Higl/Low/UVs)

- 3DCoat ( Handpaint PBR textures)

- Akeytsu ( Rig/skin/anim)

- Marmoset (Normal/AO Bake/Still & solo renders)

- Unreal Engine 4 (rendering/integration/VFX/blueprint controls...etc)

Hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do =)

Full post here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NGzq6q