Star Wars - Redemption ( FanMade Project )

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vexod14 polycounter lvl 2

"Star Wars - Redemption" is the temporary title I've found for a fanmade project inspired mostly by the clone wars TV serie and, of course, star wars universe. At the beginning it was just about a jedi in a clone outfit and the more I spend time on it, the more things were added to this base concept. I'm not sur if this is the right section my post belongs to but I wanted to share it with you. As it's a fan project I don't spend the time I'd want on it, the evolution will be chaotic in terms of regularity ^^ Sorry in advance =)

The project may take place between Ep2 & Ep5 or more, I'm not done yet with the story. The final platform is still unknown, for now I'm more in favor of a videogame than a webserie. I'm using mostly 3dsMax, MightyBake & 3DCoat for texturing & occasionally PS when it's time to rework some little details, and for the animation part I'm in love with Akeytsu =) That's all folks !

Des bisous !

Note : you can follow the project's evolution on artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gO4Pm

And of course, constructive criticism is always appreciated =)

Replies

• WilliamB_Art
    Mate, can't put into words how awesome I think this is!
    As a Star Wars fan, I have to say, that I love what i've seen of the project so far!
    Keep up the awesome work mate, cheers!

• Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 9

Love it dude :)
  • dondrapichrust
    Its looking sweet! Keep up the good work, definetly would like to see more, or maybe play it :)
  • LoganTMT
    Offline / Send Message
    LoganTMT triangle
    you should seriously turn this into a movie dude! That'd be really cool if it did.
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for your really kind words ! 

About a movie it can seems strange but I wanted to do a short film at the very beginning ^^

But to be honest, now things are far more exciting on a real time engine. Things moves smooth, render is beautiful even if it's in real time and you can play with your editor assets like you would play with Lego stuff, I find it personally much more fun this way ;)

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi interpolator

Although the art style isn't really my cup of tea but all the same I have to acknowledge your dedication plus that of others have for this fan derived project and it would be unsurprising to think IP connected eyeballs may've popped in for a peek since the work is obviously aesthetically polished. Anyway hope you make it too a playable demo.

Cheers.   

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys ! It's been a while, a lil' update about Mevenn who has a new skin plus a dedicated project post on artstation, here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Q9gDZ

WIP idle, skin/Rig/Anim made 100% on Akeytsu =)

• Olingova
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova polycounter lvl 4
    Gosh, nothing much too add and not that much time to comment, but i really lvoe passing by this post!! Full of skill and passion!!
  • pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter lvl 5
    Amazing stuff, but why? Not poo poo'ing the incredible work being done in here, but why create something with this much passion love and effort that you can't own? I don't understand.
  • Vexod14
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Droideka - Full post here with marmoset viewers ;) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Bm1xrA

New guy added !

An Elite's skin for harder-to-kill ones :

• inkwizithor
    You are doing gods work. This is awesome! Keep it up. I want to see this finished! :)
  • PraxisPixels
    I love this project! I'm excited to see what you do next.

Also you're foliage and ground cover are beautiful, I'd love to see more details about your process for those.
  • dondrapichrust
    Mega awesome work man! the style & mood is just perfect, keep it up!
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Also you're foliage and ground cover are beautiful, I'd love to see more details about your process for those.
    which part ? Modeling, Texturing, integration ? Btw this part still needs a lot of work to be more immersive ( player interactivity )
  • Sage
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 14
    That's awesome stuff. I hope you get to finish it.