Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Wars - Redemption ( FanMade Project )

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vexod14 interpolator

Note : Project's updates won't always be at the top of it, so when an update come, scroll to explore what's new !

"Star Wars - Redemption" is the temporary title I've found for a fanmade project inspired mostly by the clone wars TV serie and, of course, star wars universe. At the beginning it was just about a jedi in a clone outfit and the more I spend time on it, the more new stuff is added to this base concept. I'll add all things about it here, it's the project's main page. But you may see individual assets on separated projects if you want =)

As it's a fan project I don't spend the time I'd want on it, the evolution will be chaotic in terms of regularity ^^ Sorry in advance !

The project may take place between Ep2 & Ep5 or more, I'm not done yet with the story.

I work on it with Thomas Chaumel who is the animator behind most of the moving characters & objects in Redemption ( I do animation as well but...let's say I'm at a smaller level of XP ^^") 

Des Bisous ! ♥

Note : you can follow the project's evolution on artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gO4Pm

And of course, constructive criticism is always appreciated =)

Disclaimer : https://www.artstation.com/vexod14/blog/GYLq/star-wars-redemption-disclaimer

Replies

• Sigmatron
    Offline / Send Message
    Sigmatron greentooth
    Whew, it is amazing! Saw your clone troopers on artstation and didn't even knew it is a such huge project. Great work and respect, definitely gonna keep an eye on a project.

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator
    New shot guys ! And new environment by the way, in my dreams this one is used for an order 66 map in the demo  ;)
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator

Another one, I really like making things fly high in the sky =)
  • Forest_Cat
    Online / Send Message
    Forest_Cat polycounter lvl 4
    Great job! And how will you come with sounds? As I understand it, you can not take any of the films and TV shows.
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator
    I will see...but yeah it's the only problematic field of the project, as far as I know there are several fanfictions and a few game demo that uses sounds from games, films, etc, since "Star Wars" soundscape is hard to remake when you are not into sound design I guess it's legit to use what's already existing and as long as you don't make profit with it (I don't plan on selling the demo of the game of course)

Also, a trailer can be done with really subtle sound effects, with the "less is more" in mind, maybe just a few notes of a theme that I could compose, I don't know. Yet I need to stay focused on what needs to be done, I'll worry about this with legit & important questions when time comes =)
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator
    Hi there ! New shot =) Animated with akeytsu and rendered with marmoset toolbag 4

• Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator
    Please welcome the 414th !
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator

A really special shot to me, as it was one where my friend & mate Thomas Chaumel helped me a lot with precise feedbacks all the time. I've learned new animation tricks thanks to him, which helped me so much bringing Mevenn to what I had in mind for her attitude, leadership and acting (even if that's still really short ^^)  
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator

Wip wip wip =)

I really love this environment vibes ♥ Holobooks needs more life btw, It's just a draft ^^ I also decided to cut off one of the blades to give that lightsaber a more brutal feeling
  • Vexod14
    Offline / Send Message
    Vexod14 interpolator

Big update !

So, here we are. The demo is finally available in its very first public version !

Please take the time to read the following lines :

- The demo is given for free, all you need to do is to register here on artstation, go to my store here : https://artstn.co/m/y138n and pick the demo. If you want to share the demo to a friend, please share the link to the free product instead of copying files on a USB key, it helps me having an idea of how many players tested it (it should also help reporting bugs later on, tracking who gets what...etc. Thanks in advance)

I wish you will enjoy exploring this little project !

- Since it's "inspired by" star wars (but not only), you may reckognize environments, starfighters, destroyers...etc. Yet I didn't want to stick to existing designs at a "fanatic"-precision, so you may notice differences between official designs and those from Redemption

- The demo comes in a v1.0, meaning we plan to add some more stuff to it in the near future. Yet a demo is a demo, not a AAA game. We will polish unfinished things, fix as many bugs as we can, add what's missing today regarding our ToDo-List, but it will stop there. Please refrain from making feature requests, we won't add them. Bugs can be reported here and we will see how many we could fix for a last version.

- The game should run fine on most configs, if you experience any lag, please go in options, set a different game quality ("screenpercentage" doesn't work yet) and launch a level (this will apply new settings). The game runs smoothly on a 2080 RTX with a i7 9th Gen & 8GB of RAM so if you've got this (or better) it's good ! By default game quality is set to Epic, the "Ultra" mode is here for "Cinematic" quality, but is visually not this better, only sharp trained eyes will seea difference.

- At the moment, the game only offers to explore levels & collect little flying creatures called "ForceGhosts". To finish a level, you need to find them all and reach the end trigger box.

-Trigger boxes aren't always placed at the end of a level, since some levels have a "loop" flow, but every time the box is on the biggest "Exit door" of the level (not necessary a door visually...but I guess you've got it ;))

This first public release is here to thank all of the fans of the project who have been waiting patiently for this, as well as a simple tribute to the fantastic & inspiring StarWars universe.

I don't know what I would be today if this Far far away Galaxy didn't exist. It's something that is part of me, of a lot of people, and I wish this addition will serve at its best the most of us !

Here is the game cover, you have the file amongst some more in the final folder if you want to change for fresh wallpapers =)

Also it's funny but here's the Cover in akeytsu ^^ Yep. It's a great tool to do a lot of things +D

Also, what a better opportunity than this one to refresh some old artworks? ;)

With the release of this demo, we've made a Trailer. And it's almost as heavy as making the game, it involves especially a different approach of animation, since you're making shots and not realtime game cycles, it's okay to have a bad pose when you turn around, the superior rule  is to take care or arcs, posings, motion through frames. Bend your characters if you need to make them follow strong arcs, don't be affraid of breaking their arms & legs. Well. Here's that trailer:

That's all for today, now I'll go take some sleep before well deserved holidays

Des Bisous ♥