Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Tits

Replies

• kaktuzlime
    Offline / Send Message
    kaktuzlime polycounter lvl 14
    Awesome stuff Yo! Lots of levelling up here! 
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @Eric Chadwick You are too kind, thank you!
    @Cordell Felix thank you, thats very sweet, the thread was very old indeed and had been a very long time since the last update
    @Segreto Thank you! trying to keep learning everyday!
    @Kamul Thanks, I've been very lucky to get the opportunity to work on such amazing projects
    @dGreenberg Thank you! I've got some other very exciting work to come!
    @radiancef0rge ur Okay
    @Chantel-sky very old thread indeed, most people never saw the thread haha, thanks chantel!
    @kaktuzlime Thank you! doing my best to keep leveling up!

thanks for all the love guys!

• engineer021
    Hi, I am Joe, I think your work is awesome, I am looking for people that can reply my job, i will post a few more later. I will be gratefull if you check my work "Sketchbook: joe"
  • sefice
    Offline / Send Message
    sefice polycounter lvl 8
    I remember watching your breakdown on your Ellie piece when I was just starting out. You've come a long way! Awesome stuff!
  • Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    Wow some really great stuff and definitely an inspirational level up!
    Just embarking on the same and i hope to learn as much :)
  • Fuiosg
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    wow, you worked on SFV? The character work in that game is nuts.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @engineer021 Thank you! Unfortunatly I'm not the best to give crits on 2d art, it can be a little hard to get crits at first but keep posting and goodluck!
    @dustinbrown awe thanks man <3
    @sefice hahaha yah that video is getting pretty old now, thank you!
    @Elithenia Thank you glad you liked it. It's definitly a tough journey you are starting but also definitly a very fun one, best of luck, I hope to see your work pop around sometimes :)
    @Fuiosg I did, There sure are some great character art work in in there, it was truly an honor to be part of it, thank you
  • Elithenia
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    Tits said:
    @Elithenia Thank you glad you liked it. It's definitly a tough journey you are starting but also definitly a very fun one, best of luck, I hope to see your work pop around sometimes :)
    Thank you :) I'll try to be good and post more here on PC. It is an exciting journey to be sure!
  • beccatherose
    Offline / Send Message
    beccatherose ngon master
    Great sense of development in this thread!
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @beccatherose Thank you!
    I might aswell add my latest finished sculpt to this thread.
    It's from the Shiva concept from FFXIV

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Posting some quick little doodle for fun, getting back into personnal stuff after my wrist fracture :)

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Woah this thread as been empty a while now.
    Even tho I clearly haven't been really active working on any 3d portfolio work lately *but I do plan/want to,
    I have been having a little fun at learning more traditional art.
    While I did oil painting from childhood to late teenager years, I hadn't really touch anything remotely close to traditional art since.
    At first in an effort to support my boyfriend's interest in watercolor I decided to give it a go.
    Ended up really enjoying the medium and I've been exploring/having fun with it and trying to learn.

I'm hoping I can continue painting in my free time and slowly improve more with each painting,
    Yesterday I finished painting No4, here's all the paintings I have done thus far.

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Nice, are these painted from life/plein-air? I'm in a similar boat but rendering 2D stuff via DCC soft and likewise, when time permits hope to take up traditional painting again after years away from it.

Cheers.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @sacboi Thanks! No they are currently not done from plein-air or anything like that but I do would like to try that kind of stuff at some point.
    Currently I'm painting from pictures I have took while traveling and such...
     I am just starting to learn watercolor painting right now so I'm doing it from the comfort of my home and everything.
    Hopefully if I get good enough, I'd like to make myself a little ''setup'' for when I'm traveling, hopefully I can try and paint on the go while I'm traveling. But that also comes with being able to sketch on location and I haven't really drawn in years so that would be a challenge.

I'm currently working on painting no 5!

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Finished painting No5!
    Now trying to find my next subject 
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Painting N06 finished!
    Watercolor is a super challenging medium, I feel that it's hard to gain confidence from one piece to the next, because while things might have went well for the last piece, it doesnt garantee that you're next one won,t be a total disaster and a watery mess.  :#

here's painting 1-6 together

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I'd agree, Watercolour and Gouache as painting techniques is challenging too work with however for what it's worth, no6 at least to me portrays steady progression. In that tackling water reflections is far from an easy subject to render regardless of style but I think you've made an honest attempt relaying to the viewer it's natural properties, anyways keep going I'm enjoying these studies. Makes me want to buy canvas, paint and brushes, already : ) 

Cheers.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @sacboi Thank you!! Glad you feel there is some kind of progression, it's a bit hard to judge your own work. You should go buy some canvas paint and brushes for yourself,  it's fun to do a little bit of traditional work once in a while, away from the good old pc!

I was feeling a bit more confident after piece no6 but then piece number 7 didn't went at all smoothly. I had issue with masking fluid damaging my paper and some things not turning up how i was expecting. I had masked out some part of the vegetation at the front to then paint at the end but I wasn't convince with the result of that and also had trouble with some part of the masking fluid kind of gettign stuck on the paper.... Regardless, hopefully I did learn a bit from those mistakes and challenges :)

• slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    wow you are getting incredibly good at that.  these look fantastic!
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @slosh Thank you so much!! Imma keep at it :) very tricky medium!
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Finished Painting No8!
    Had a lot of trouble with that one, wanted a lot of thing to end up a lot more precise and less muddy, as well as I don't feel I sold the depth very well. But as always good learnign experience :)
    I also want to experiment with higher quality paper on my next one, I heard pretty bad stuff about the paper I'm using so I worry it might be causing (or emplifying ) some of the issues I have been having.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Finished Painting No9!
    Decided to do something a little different and try to study a scene from a Studio Ghibli movie.
    Picked this amazing scene from Totoro,
    Really had so much fun working on this one, was a great learning experience, might do a couple more like that.
    Would love to try and bring that kind of style to my own stuff.

• EricElwell
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Hey Marie! I thought I had commented on this before, but I guess I dropped the ball. These are looking great! This last one is just awesome. Also that movie a great choice to study from. Can't wait to see what you do next :)
  • TheFlow
    Offline / Send Message
    TheFlow polycounter lvl 9
    Woah! You nailed it with these ones, Ghibli feeling is there instantly. Also, a little off topic, Casaneo brushes are really good, got one a few weeks back also! 
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @EricElwell Hey Eric! Thanks a lot for your comment, means a lot coming from you, Love your work :) Ghibli movies are such good reference, I'm trying to better understand what makes a ghibli movie in terms of style, would love to be able to apply that kind of mood to my other paintings. Currently working on another ghibli study, it's going terrible hahaha

@TheFlow Thank youu! Do you also do watercolor painting? The brushes were highly recommended to me by this guy at the art store so I decided to give it a try. Definitely great quality brushes, they hold so much water! I was using like... super cheap 10$ for a package synthetic brushes from amazon before, hard to compare. Also got myself a new smaller raphael kolinsky sable brushes but I think the one I picked is a bit too small... I do love using bigger brushes.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Done with painting No10!
    Wanted to try myself at another studio ghibli study, something a little more architectural and a little less green for a change.
    Really trying to better pin point what makes studio ghibli style so recognizable, i'm still not quite sure but I would love to apply those learning in my own paintings eventually.
    Yesterday I put painting n1 and n10 side by side and it was kinda fun to see the progress being made!
    I struggled so much at the beginning of this one, I had the impression it was going to end up as a hot mess, Thankfully I think I was kinda able to salvage it :)
    This is a very cool shot from kiki's delivery service 
  • Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    These water color paintings and the progress you are making in them is amazing to see! It is super inspirational to see someone as skilled as you push yourself in a new field, totally baffled and amazed, keep em coming. 
  • TheFlow
    Offline / Send Message
    TheFlow polycounter lvl 9
    Tits said:
    @TheFlow Thank youu! Do you also do watercolor painting? The brushes were highly recommended to me by this guy at the art store so I decided to give it a try. Definitely great quality brushes, they hold so much water! I was using like... super cheap 10$ for a package synthetic brushes from amazon before, hard to compare. Also got myself a new smaller raphael kolinsky sable brushes but I think the one I picked is a bit too small... I do love using bigger brushes.

Yeah a mix of watercolor and gouache but I just started for fun.
    Yeah, the brushes are really great, I wanted to have synthetics and also wanted to give a big wash brush a try and got a Casaneo #4 wash brush and a smaller #1. It's fun :)
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @Nuclear Angel Thank you so much, such a kind compliment :) I'll keep em coming! Feel like will be all spending a lot of time inside in the next few weeks to come...
    @TheFlow Oh Awesome, Maybe i'll try gouache too at some point!

Decided to do another study but this time moving a little bit away from Ghibli,
    I have tried myself at a scene from your name ( 君の名は) From Makoto Shinkai.
    It was interesting to work with such vibrant and colorful scene.
    A bit unsure with the final result at this point but it was a very good learning experience nonetheless 

• benjamintrout
    Offline / Send Message
    benjamintrout polycounter lvl 5
    In case you weren't sure; it is STILL amazing. I have been showing friends, and people I work with these. XD
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow!

Such lightning progress since last checking in...simply both awesome & inspirational at the same time to see, also this recent painting looks imho like it's plein air, too?

Cheers. :)

edit: Well that does it, definitely going to purchase art materials and start painting again, tomorrow!
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @benjamintrout Hahaha thank you so much, that's very kind of you !!
    @sacboi Unfortunately it isn't plein air, it's a shot from a movie from Makoto Shinkai called your name (Much recommended if you haven't seen!). Wouldn't yet be comfortable doing anything like plein air, I'm not so great at drawing and it's still barely spring over here anyway. With the current situation outside I'm currently just staying the fuck home for the forseable futur... But my goal was to hopefully get good enough to do some plein air and paint while I'm traveling, I wanted to do so on my planned korea trip later this year but now I'm not so sure if it will happen or not... So glad you're gonna start painting again, will keep  my eyes peeled for your stuff :)

So I've finished painting No11,
    Not a study this time, decided to try and applied some of the stuff I learned working on the makoto shinkai and ghibli study....
    It didn't really go as planned, I believed this is so far one of my least favorite painting I've done.
    I've tried keeping the very colorful look from makoto shinkai but on this painting it somehow oddly reminds me of illustration we used to see on school books when I was a kid... Not really the look I was going for. But I believe Ups and down is part of the learning journey and hopefully it helped me learn a thing or two :)

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Did something a little bit different this time around.
    Decided to do something a bit smaller so I did this on a half page, will use the rest of the page for another similar exercice.
    Wanted to try doing a good old still life, was very different from the previous stuff I did and I like seeing how opaque you can actually get with watercolor.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Decided to do another small still life to fill up the rest of the page,
    Do think that by going so opaque I'm losing  a little bit of what makes the charms of watercolor, its transparancy and vibrant look, not sure what you guys think...?
    Regardless it was a fun challenge, Thinking about what I should do next

• Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I did prefer your previous Still life. I think the biggest contributor to that is that the background is all black. But the fruits are good and the bag is nice. The leafs though feel very harsh so you might be right on your take with the opaqueness being to high on the colors. Maybe do next a redo of this still life, but with more opaque colors and a less harsh background? Would be really cool to see that image juxtaposed to this one. 
  • EricElwell
    Offline / Send Message
    EricElwell insane polycounter
    Whoa! You've been busy! These are great! 
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @Nuclear Angel Thanks for your input! For now I,m not really in the mood to do repeated exercices, I feel like I'm  still learning a lot doing a variety of exercices and paintings going from one thing to the next depending of my mood of the moment, so I'm gonna keep going at it that way for now. Might go back and retry some of those later tho, who knows.
    @EricElwell Haha well discipline and trying to paint almost everyday is definitely helping with the progress.... and so is being stuck at home for the foreseeable futur I guess.

Went back to do another ghibli study this time again, definitely very relaxing and fun for me to work on those. Ghibli is definitely a big inspiration to me, gotta love those colors and universe.
    Decided on this shot from Spirited away.
    This one was one hell of a process, the whole painting was water damaged halfway through ( I don't recommend leaving your painting to dry next to the kitchen sink) and I had to do huge batch of rework which ended up darkening some parts that I wanted to keep a bit lighter, but eh.
    Can't be helped and despite the hiccup I'm still happy with the result. It was a complex-ish pieces and on the size of paper i'm working with it meant a lot of very small details and object to paint.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Something a little different,
    I've been playing a bit too much animal crossing lately, so I took a break of Animal crossing... To paint animal crossing.
    Had a lot of fun painting this. First time trying Arches hot pressed paper, very different from the paper I usually used.

• Glacierfox
    Offline / Send Message
    Glacierfox polycounter lvl 8
    Those paintings are absolutely lovely!
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    One of my favorite threads!  I love comin in here every once in a while to see all the new ones.  Hadn't seen any of the Ghibli stuff and its great!  Can't wait to see a bunch of new ones next time I drop in!
  • jozin
    Offline / Send Message
    jozin polycounter lvl 6
    okk ok but where is the actual tits, all the sizes?
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @jozin (I'm confused tbh, if that was a joke I did not get it, but here's different size of tits for you)

@slosh Thank you so much! I kinda took a little break the last few weeks... I think that the pandemic sometimes makes it a little hard for everyone to keep focused and productive, But I definitely want to get back to painting. I'm getting my patio setup so hopefully I can also paint outside this summer!
    @Glacierfox Thank you so much!
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    You made this gif..  yourself? in three different .. sizes.. 0.o
    First jozin was confusing but now it's hilarious :+1:

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh :+1:

Also Marie, the complex subject matter alongside overall technique especially brush control are coming along in leaps and bounds, just glancing at your most recent painting is any indication.

Plus on a side note we're easing out of covid lockdown here in AUS but it's winter so I'll have too make do with sunny breaks in the weather taking full advantage of natural light when making a start on painting my dystopian series, I think possibly sometime in July :) 
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

@rollin hahaha of course I would
    @sacboi have you started painting yet :)? Lockdown isn't too bad over here but I do miss traveling.. I've been traveling once a year for a while now. Last year I was planning on doing 2 full trip but ended up doing 2 smaller ones. This year I was really looking forward to travel a bit more... But 2020 not gonna be that year after all. Now that I'm done wallowing in self pity (for now) a bit more painting :)

Welp, I am Back!
    Kinda took a little unplanned break from painting for a little while.
    I think I started the year very focus with the painting but then the pandemic happened and I think for some of us it ended up making it a little harder to stay focused.
    Anyway, I'm getting back at it. 
    I do feel quite rusty, a 3 months break might not seems that crazy but when you take it after having been learning watercolor for only 3-4 months.. it's a lot. Sure felt like I had forgotten tons of stuff and needed a bit of a warm up.
    So I started back with a little ''sketch'' type page with a couple of animal crossing characters.
    I then decided to complete my animal crossing mini serie (in a way) because I had an empty half page left under my previous animal crossing painting.
    I believe it was a good warmup to get back into things, I'm hoping on trying something a bit different after that

• sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good, nice clean brush work going on there also those chars are very cute :)
    Tits said:
    @sacboi have you started painting yet :)? Lockdown isn't too bad over here but I do miss traveling.. I've been traveling once a year for a while now. Last year I was planning on doing 2 full trip but ended up doing 2 smaller ones. This year I was really looking forward to travel a bit more... But 2020 not gonna be that year after all. Now that I'm done wallowing in self pity (for now) a bit more painting :)
    Yes, indeed thanks for asking. Had finally begun my acrylic series posted on the 2D showcase, toward the end of last month :+1: although lately extremely shitty trying to stay focused doing art stuff, since here in Melbourne we're currently going through a second covid wave with numbers infected much worse than first time around.

Anyways, in order to keep my head 'screwed on straight' I've also been fiddling about attempting to make techno/EDM tracks, just something to put in my headphones while working and for motivation, too.
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    @sacboi Thank you! I did take a look at your 2d showcase post and I did really enjoy your glorious emu, Looking forward to see more stuff :).
    I heard about the second wave in Melbourne! My cousin lives around there and now you guys are back to curfew if I heard correctly, crazy! Hope it ease up soon!

Here's Painting no18.
    I always loved that piece from @rohMizuno since I first saw it on polycount a couple of years ago. And with his permission of course I wanted to try myself at painting it. Overall it was a really fun but challenging scene. I find it a bit hard to make sure everything remains readable and clear when working on such complexe scene. Sometimes the illusion of depth can easily get lost.
    I actually went back and lifted a bit of the color from the background at the end because I felt the background was fighting a little bit with the front for attention.

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Completely forgot to post my later work over here.

I did this piece from The last of us part II,
    If you haven't played yet it's basically the scene they used for the menu of the game, very fitting moody/gloomy vibe.
    I struggled a whole lot with that one (funny enough cause its quite a simple scene) but big washes are always a struggle for me.
    I even went to buy a bigger wash brush for that one and it's my only painting so far where I actually scrapped a first try and started again.

On another note I'm also super excited to say I have opened an online print store.
    I,ve been working super hard in the last few weeks to set this up.
    I literally knew nothing about online stores, shipping, packing orders and using professional printer just a few weeks ago but it's been kind of a fun ride. I launched the store on monday :)
    www.mariempepin.com/store
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Continuing on my The last of us Part II Mini serie :)
    After the Prologue boat scene I didn't really have a choice to follow up with the Epilogue version :) 
    I struggled a whole lot with getting the right look for the clouds, I did an embarassing amount of tests before I actually jumped into the real painting. Of course I actually prefer many of the test over the final,Welp

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    No full painting Update this time,
    I did this little AC crossing character for someone who lost her best friend and wanted his character painted,
    I started using coloring pencils at the ends to make the lines and I really like how much more polished it makes the final image look.

I also tried myself at painting human for the very first time, It was quite a challenge and I'm not 100% happy about how it turned out but I'm definitely interested in trying some more (this is Ellie and Dina from The last of us part II)

I also made those cute little peachy card to send over with my orders, I wasn't expecting much but I ended up loving them,
    Also used coloring pencil on that one and I really like how cute it turned out.