Home Technical Talk

UV with weird pixels?

I'm kinda new to this Modelling stuff and started learning about textures and bakes. From here to now I had some progress but got stucked on this:

My normal map is very pixelated and I have no clue of what could it be. The Texture is in 4k Res but the problem persists. Also I am facing another problem: One parte of my Normal Map looks Darker than it should be even the model being a mirror from other part that is not dark

Here Is the Darker part I was talking about

The Pixelated Part

Front View For Better Understanding of what is going on

It's a part of a sword I'm using to train and I will try to put as a Mod on skyrim later

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Dark bit is cos you have soft normals everywhere. 
    The pixelation is cos there's no anti-aliasing. 

I don't use blender so I don't know how to fix those things.  
    Read the baking threads that are stickied at the top of technical talk to find out why you get these results

• fbo930
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tried Baking on xNormal with the anti aliasign and it worked like charm. As the Dark part I'm still looking for it in the forums and other sources since I still need to understand some concepts of baking and all.

Thanls, It helped me a lot
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you haven't seen this sticky post already, definitely give it a read. When baking normals, there's a few "rules" you need to follow regarding hard edges/smoothing groups and uv seams to get nice bake results.
  • TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    fbo930 said:
    My normal map is very pixelated and I have no clue of what could it be. The Texture is in 4k Res but the problem persists.
    I read that Blender does not do any kind of anti-aliasing when baking normal maps and AO. The workaround is to bake a texture at a higher resolution and then resize the obtained texture in Photoshop, generating “manual” anti-aliased texture. Another workaround is to use 3rd-party addons.