Home General Discussion

Star Wars Episode VII, The Force Awakens...

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    @Rizzler

Do you not feel it adds to the depth of the characters, that two Jedi Masters (Anakin was inarguably that without the title) IN THE PRIME OF THEIR LIVES would put on more of a "spectacle" of a fight than a machine and a self taught prodigy?

You argue that kicking is brutish, and that they come off as sluggish when they can deflect blaster fire due to their precognition.

But look at it this way, they're both precognitive, they're both able to see or sense their opponents moves, it's not just a physical fight but a mental and emotional one as well. Since the use or abuse of force power comes down to the emotional state of the wielder (Jedi require a state of calm to be at their most powerful, while Sith require passion) you could argue that a kick from Anakin has a dual effect:
    1. It's brutish, but it's also a sign of passion and power, he's imposing his dominance over Obi-wan.
    2. It rocks Obi-wan's own focus, causing his mastery to come into question.

The reason that particular dual looks more like a dance with light sticks than an actual sword fight, is because IT IS. In a real dual a swordsman will usually be thinking a move or two ahead of their current stroke, but in a Jedi duel they're trying to be a crazy amount ahead, because they're not just countering this move or the next, but the next 5 to 10 seconds ahead. They're positioning themselves for moves that may or may not even happen (since the future is always in-flux).

I think that duel in particular speaks to the power of Obi-wan and Anakin, and it speaks to their ability to use the force. I think it helps re-enforce just how badass they are in the original trilogy as a result.

As for Vader vs Luke... where to begin with that one... If we're going by movies alone then Luke by all rights should have been stomped out like a grape even in Jedi. He had nobody to actively train with in the art of dueling and Vader (despite his disabilities) was still a master. The fact is we have to go on background information to understand how he won.

Luke beat Vader because he has a super-power, we saw it on the show "Heroes". Luke has the ability to observe something, and mimic it instantly and perfectly. Luke's duel with Vader during Empire isn't even their first encounter FYI. On top of this, Vader's state of mind comes heavily into play. Vader never wanted to become what he did, he's hated himself for it since it happened. Vader WANTED to lose to Luke, he wanted his sins absolved and his suffering to end. He wanted his son to succeed where he failed. BUT - none of that is known in the movies. In the movies all we know is that Vader is "more machine than man" (we don't know the hundreds of duels he won with Jedi during the purge).

We know of Vader's mastery of the force through Obi-wan's speech during Empire. That made the Empire duel tense... because we were told outright by Obi-wan and Yoda that Luke will lose, that Vader's ability with the force is too powerful. And they were correct. Luke was outclassed as a duelist and a force user.

At no point during the original trilogy does anybody state that Vader is a master duelist, that he could (arguably) be on-par with Yoda. We learn how good he is through watching, but we're never really shown just how good he is. And that's why the Obi-wan Anakin duel is so important. It shows just how powerful both were, and it helps re-enforce them in the OT.

If it weren't already pre-written than Obi-wan would win the duel, and Anakin would become Vader... it would have been an incredibly tense fight. Could you imagine watching that duel without knowledge of the original trilogy?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    you want a good modern(ish) fight scene?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBwvIX7Sao"]Oldboy - 25:1 Fight Scene (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]
  • BeardyDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeardyDan polycounter lvl 2
    Going off topic, but another great modern fight is the kitchen scene in The Raid 2. That was fucked up.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpfWrh1scZU&feature=share[/ame]
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    eld wrote: »
    It's not going to ruin the movie though.

Arguably, it did though. The saber fighting in the original trilogy existed to advance the plot - it was also pretty brief in comparison to the prequels. The prequel trilogy's saber fighting did nothing to advance the plot at all, it was all intended to be spectacle - much like several of the combat scenes. All of these scenes cut down on time that could have been better spent doing something meaningful.

Episode I had multiple lightsabder duels, the last of which went on for over 5 minutes. Episode IV by comparison only had a lightsaber on screen for less time that that over the duration of the entire film.

It's not just Star Wars that suffers from this, so many films are eschewing plot development now in favour of overly gratuitous CGI scenes that occupy the majority of the film. The result is often vacuous and unfulfilling :/
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    The empire duel was phenomenal. It's much less about choreography than about progressing the plot and seeing the characters engage in conversation. Look how much talking there is in this:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY[/ame]

The power shifts regularly, and there are constant changes. The new trilogy saber battles felt like they were two or three times longer than this because they just kept doing dumber and dumber stuff. They weren't talking about what was happening through most of it, so they didn't appear to be thinking or feeling anything. It was just dumb reaction fighting.

This Empire duel also had amazing direction and cinematography. Look at 4:50 where Vader suddenly comes into the frame and dominates Luke. It's just amazing and so much more impressive than stupid glow stick rave dancing of Episode 3. Choreography in fights is so much less important.

The Empire sword fight you can watch again and again because it's constantly threatening and has amazing power shifts. It's like a whole short film of its own.
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    My only hope for new episode since you know.. subtitle is, we see more crazy force powers. Not just force push, force lighting, and force pull -;-.
    The Empire sword fight you can watch again and again because it's constantly threatening and has amazing power shifts. It's like a whole short film of its own.
    No I can't watch again and again. And I saw this movies more times than I care to count at this point. After so many times the only thing that is left is spectacle, and there is none. sadly.
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Am I late for making fun of the lightsaber ?
    giphy.gif
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keizza polycounter lvl 18
    Kurt Russell Fan Club hit the nail SQUARE ON THE HEAD. great post!
  • The Rizzler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Rizzler polycounter lvl 9
    @almighty_gir

You raise some good points, got a source for Luke's power of mimicry anywhere? Reading more into his character he seems to become completely OP in the EU so that kind of thing doesn't seem out of the question haha
    Again though I feel this just comes down to preference, I watched the original trilogy so many times when I was young so i'm biased to my core towards the OT to start with

I understand that the fight between Anakin and Obi-wan was long anticipated and has huge relevance for all the characters throughout the series, and the idea of two near equal Jedi, one teacher and one student (or like brothers, or father and son), fighting to the death due to ideological differences is a great concept, but I just can't eke out as much enjoyment from how the scene was executed compared to how Luke's battles were portrayed, despite the spectacle.

I feel much more attached to Luke as a protagonist, his journey and hardships and ultimately defeating his father and bringing him back from the dark side allowing him to fulfill the prophecy is really the final layer of depth that completes Luke as a perfect character to me, and the behaviour of his character during his duels really exemplifies this.
    It doesn't help that I hate the early character of Anakin and unfortunately dislike Hayden Christensen's acting style, negatively affecting how I perceive Vader in the OT, and think that the prequel fights go on and on and could have ended much earlier with the same narrative outcome, but what can I say. Certain stylistic choices, acting styles or story elements just fail to resonate with me as a star wars fan while others do. I can't really argue for it beyond preferences

Coming from another tangent, I love what Ewan McGregor does for the character of Obi-wan, but still believe that Obi-wan's best moment is his last fight against Vader. With the history of the prequels to bolster your understanding of obi-wan and Vader's relationship, you really see the fight in a renewed light which makes his surrender to Vader all the more poignant, not only to help Luke escape, but to motivate him in a form of sacrifice to rise up against Vader seeing as Luke thinks Vader killed his father.
    If he hadn't have done that, Luke would never end up defeating Vader and convincing him to turn against the emperor with his words at the end of their duel

Really I'm just trying to understand why I like the OT over the PT, i'm not trying to state anything as fact or deny anyone's enjoyment of any of the films
    iniside wrote: »
    No I can't watch again and again. And I saw this movies more times than I care to count at this point. After so many times the only thing that is left is spectacle, and there is none. sadly.

Well what is your argument then? The scene is bad because you burnt yourself out on it? haha
    What pisses me off in most movies these days is that the fights look totally fake.

Off topic again, but in terms of 'realistic fight' this immediately comes to mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLt7lXDCHQ0#t=73
    The sheer physicality, the desperation, the use of whatever comes to hand as a weapon, the audio foley, everything is excellent in this scene
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Kurt Russell Fan Club really hit all the points I'd bring up about saber fights.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    you want a good modern(ish) fight scene?

Oldboy - 25:1 Fight Scene (HQ) - YouTube

Thats a joke right? You can totally see the bad choreography. The guys not really hitting, the foot stomps stopping short.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I swear, if it looks even close to that on release, i'm going to burn down the theatre.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Honestly, it's just a lightsaber.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Arguably, it did though. The saber fighting in the original trilogy existed to advance the plot - it was also pretty brief in comparison to the prequels. The prequel trilogy's saber fighting did nothing to advance the plot at all, it was all intended to be spectacle - much like several of the combat scenes. All of these scenes cut down on time that could have been better spent doing something meaningful.

I would disagree. The flashy and entertaining combat didn't ruin the movies at all, the terrible dialogue / delivery did. The sweet combat scenes are what helped save those movies. If you take time away from the good parts of the movie (the action) to give characters more time to 'do something meaningful', there's no guarantee that they'd be able to put it to better use than they did the other 85% of the movie that they were originally given to do so.

Luke vs Vader isn't a good fight because of the talking (at least not the start of the fight, the reveal is pretty big). It's a good fight because the fighting itself was nicely done. Frankly it looks raw and untrained, which gives it a realistic sense of danger (amplified by the fact that these movies aren't prequels, so the outcome isn't blindingly obvious). Luke didn't have a lifetime of training under the greatest swordfighters, and Vader is crippled to the point he has to rely on brute power over flawless technique.

Obiwan vs Anakin was awesome because they were both at their prime (Jedi Masters and wartime generals), and didn't have to worry about breaking fragile movie props in the process. There wasn't a lot of lines to be said because at that point of the movie, their characters were beyond talking it out. But even through the choreography Obiwan reads as though he's reluctantly fighting for his life against his own brother.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    The sweet combat scenes are what helped save those movies.

Honestly, those films are beyond redemption; everything about them was pretty flat.

If this is a 'sweet combat scene', then cinema is dead.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxrJBNQg4A
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 14
    low odor wrote: »
    Since we're speculating ..the crossguard could easily be made out of something a lightsaber can not cut through like Mandalorian Iron.... see light saber resistant materials... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber.

..that would not only make it effective..but would waste any lightsaber that tried lock up with it

Then why not make a million RPM gun that fires bullets made of Mandalorian Iron :I wielded by someone in armor made from Mandalorian Iron.

Few things in star wars hold up to any kind of scrutiny, because its never been about consistency but the actual "adventure" and the spectacle it creates (at least in the first 3, the latter trilogy was just a showcase of terrible everything)

The trailer looked fun enough, looked like the same space romp the first 3 showed. I don't dislike Abrams and I don't hold Star Wars to some untouchable standard either, could be fun :>
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's probably why they've discarded the expanded universe so that these sorts of holes are less existent. However - if it WERE constructed from lightsaber resistant material, you wouldn't exactly need the blade emitters either....

I reckon the film has a lot of potential thus far, so we'll see how it pans out.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    It's probably why they've discarded the expanded universe so that these sorts of holes are less existent. However - if it WERE constructed from lightsaber resistant material, you wouldn't exactly need the blade emitters either....

Oh shit, this thing actually exists in the EU :

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beskad

So I guess that even though such lightsaber-resistant swords do exist, it would still be a good move to stick to lightsabers as they have the advantage of effortlessly melting things down.

Pretty cool stuff to think about ...
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Then why not make a million RPM gun that fires bullets made of Mandalorian Iron :I wielded by someone in armor made from Mandalorian Iron.

Few things in star wars hold up to any kind of scrutiny, because its never been about consistency but the actual "adventure" and the spectacle it creates (at least in the first 3, the latter trilogy was just a showcase of terrible everything)

The trailer looked fun enough, looked like the same space romp the first 3 showed. I don't dislike Abrams and I don't hold Star Wars to some untouchable standard either, could be fun :>

Just because you can't slice through something does not mean that you can't deflect them...or force shove some Mandalorian goon around..Isn't that why the Mandalorians were so tough to defeat

"if it WERE constructed from lightsaber resistant material, you wouldn't exactly need the blade emitters either."

Yeah but he could fuck up any lightsaber that locked up with him and didnt have the protection.....

I'm excited to see what they will do with it...and you're right..it doesnt really matter what it really is...I'm having fun talking about star wars....
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If you don't think that scene was awesome, you can't be helped.
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    If you don't think that scene was awesome, you can't be helped.

What was more awesome, the lens flares & CG backgrounds or the choreography done by these people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

If you had the people in that video on a green screen instead of outside, you would pretty much get the same thing.
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    Put me down as well then as someone who can't be helped. Those Phantom Menace fights were pure distilled boredom.

All the arguments on whether the cross guard would work or not should probably wait until the film's out and you can see if that's what the filmmaker wanted it to be.

It could just be exhaust for a dodgy blade, but my money's on it being chosen as a shape as a cinematic symbol. It's a cross-shaped sword and the new film is likely to have themes of rebirth and betrayal and the kinds of thing that a cross/inverted cross would mirror well as a theme signifier.

Or it could just be just pretty fluff.
  • lurked
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lurked polycounter lvl 10
    It's hard to really gauge much from a teaser like that.

However, my personal expectation for the movie is along the lines of my impression of other JJ Abrams films, notably the Star Trek films. It will be a good movie, but probably forgettable. Too much action, too much CG with too little time for much else.

I'm personally a bigger fan of Nolan and would have much preferred he did this. While not perfect, he does seem to slow down more than Abrams and a much more careful director.

Like others have stated it'll probably be leaps and bounds better than the prequel. I think you can only go up from those films though, lol.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    but but, we're not done yet!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8obsrjb1Zg[/ame]
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    George has made some changes so it's in line with his original vision.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng[/ame]
  • iniside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    ambershee wrote: »
    Honestly, those films are beyond redemption; everything about them was pretty flat.

I honestly don't know what's wrong with it. It's honestly look like I would imagine fighting with lightabser, have supernatural coordination and having ability to sense future.

Honestly if it was up to me, I would throw at more force powers usage. Fighting just with swords, when you have magical powers is kind of lame tbh.
    So I guess that even though such lightsaber-resistant swords do exist, it would still be a good move to stick to lightsabers as they have the advantage of effortlessly melting things down.
    I say more. There is material which completely disables light sabers.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cortosis

Beat that.
    Well what is your argument then? The scene is bad because you burnt yourself out on it? haha
    Well it's not bad. After you watched it lots of time is kind of stale. There is really not much going on about it beyond dialogue, and after you watched it so many times. I can just as well read book.
    I watch movies, because they are flashy and have CGI.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Stinger88 wrote: »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

Haha, that was awesome :thumbup:

As for the sword fights, I gotta agree with the others. Never been a fan of the fights in the prequels. They felt too flashy, too choreographed and too drawn out. One think I always liked about the original trilogy is how conservative they were when it came to fights between lightsaber users. Because they were pretty rare and used mainly for plot purposes they had this rawness and impact to them that I can't really see anywhere in the prequels.

Vader vs Luke in ROTJ is probably my favourite fight in the whole series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I

Compare that with the final ROTS fight which has so many false cliffhangers and is so drawn out that it's difficult to feel any tension past the initial 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrrSMKaiGrU

As for the trailer, I've got mixed feelings about it. After the initial teaser from a few months back, I was feeling quite optimistic. The promise of returning to practical effects and relying less on CGI got me pumped. But now that I've seen the trailer I'm not sure anymore. Seeing them mess with such iconic imagery as the lightsaber and droid designs makes me feel a bit weird. It's not that they shouldn't do that, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing you would want to show off to fans who are already feeling disenfranchised by the prequels.

Then on the other hand, all scenes they've shown so far look simple, clean and easy to follow. That's definitely a nice change. Tatooine shots really nail the look of the originals. But then there's that shaky-cam Stormtrooper landing scene. So yeah, mixed feelings all the way.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    See... i think that ROTS duel is cursed by the fact that we already knew the outcome. If the OT had been made AFTER eps 1/2/3 (for the sake of argument), it would have been a lot more tense.

Obi-wan was getting his ass handed to him the second the fight started, and it didn't get much better for him, he was continually pushed back, fighting defensively quite literally for his life through the entire fight. You can see Anakin exerting (not trying, succeeding) his dominance in just about every scene of the fight.

I think the fact that we KNEW he wins before we even saw the fight, made a huge difference.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The whole prequel trilogy is kind of cursed that way, it's part of the reason they should never have bothered. Now no matter which order you watch the movies in (4,5,6,1,2,3 or 1,2,3,4,5,6), the plot is spoiled and you know key components of the plot.

It's pretty clear episodes 1-3 were never intended to be what we got, if they were ever intended to exist at all.

Even so, some clever writing could have made it work - especially if they'd have kept certain things intentionally vague.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Yeah for sure.

I'm still looking forward to showing them to my daughter when she's 5 or so. And i'll do it in the 4,5,2,3,6 format.

fuck the phantom menace lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbV5hn_ET0U"]Son's reaction to 'Empire Strikes Back' reveal!!!! - YouTube[/ame]
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Stinger88 wrote: »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

That had me tearing, best version of the trailer yet!

Totally didn't even realize the guy even edited the VO at the end, "The Dark Side... and trade negotiations."
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, the wonderful nonsense in EP1 where Anakin apparently builds C3P0, despite C3P0 being a mass produced protocol droid intended for diplomacy in the original trilogy.
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My 2 nerdcents:
    Trailer is fine, my 3 year old will enjoy it.

Also:
    Swords/sabers are played out. A lightspear would be a logical improvement over the lightsaber for combat. For your consideration:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RWLxlzTiM"]Spear vs Sword and Buckler Nick vs Mike Sparring - YouTube[/ame]
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    There was so much 'serendipity' in the prequels it made me want to gag.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    That particular cross hilt will go down in Star Wars history as the 'Jar-Jar Binks' of lightsaber's...
  • CordellC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CordellC polycounter lvl 11
    I really like that lightsaber. Seems like a nice functional and aesthetic choice.
  • weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    that crossguard saber puls a bit of lens flare will beat everything, everything!! keep it up jj, way to go!
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Let's hope they at least use these advanced lightsaber techniques

alternative-lightsaber-techniques-2.jpg

http://www.strangebeaver.com/2014/07/alternative-lightsaber-techniques/

and the haters...I think it has been established you don't like the lightsaber... you keep beating a dead Gungan.
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    Two force masters in their prime, using everything they've got? fuck yes.
    Do you not feel it adds to the depth of the characters, that two Jedi Masters (Anakin was inarguably that without the title) IN THE PRIME OF THEIR LIVES would put on more of a "spectacle" of a fight than a machine and a self taught prodigy?
    Obiwan vs Anakin was awesome because they were both at their prime (Jedi Masters and wartime generals), and didn't have to worry about breaking fragile movie props in the process.
    whats up with you dudes and the prime of other dudes' lives
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats up with you dudes and the prime of other dudes' lives
    i5LeGUj.jpg

Did someone say prime?
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    t6OCpHq.gif

This is my favorite lightsabre
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems like there are two camps on this and they seem to break along generational lines.

Haters:
    They came of age after the original trilogy had run its course. Their nostalgia factor is mockery of EP 1-3. You say Star Wars to them and they bust out laughing at all of the meme's that come to mind.

Fans of the Original Trilogy:
    This group has mostly dealt with their anger over the butchering of a beloved franchise. They've managed to heal over some of the greater divides albeit not in the most constructive way. They ground their hate into a fine flour and baked a Star Wars themed cake for the younglings to eat. Oh how they ate...

The older fans have a bit of deeper connection that isn't rooted in EP 1-3 mockery. You say Star Wars to them and they remember hanging off the back of their couch, in full on snow gear, like Luke in the Wampa cave, trying to get their light saber (a cardboard tube) to budge before the family dog (the wampa) noticed.

Their connection to the original content has mostly healed over the EP 1-3 wounds. The Old'z are hoping that some of that early mojo can be saved and the connection that was cut off, will be reattached like Lukes new hand. They aren't looking to make some new internet gold. They see promise and they get the sense that someone that understands their original connection is finally at the helm of a favorite franchise. They see a tiny seed sprouting and are willing to give it a chance, while others just want to take a giant troll-dump on it because hey, that's what they do...
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol..Anikan's meat face looks like it has turned

http://goo.gl/71lVfZ
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^^That was the general gist behind it. I can take my avant-garde photoshop bullshit one step further and state that his cooked prime rib alludes both to his current downwards fall to the dark side and the near-foreshadowing of his body becoming charred.

In summary, everyone is different shades of meat.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Did... did this thread just go full ValueMeal?
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Did... did this thread just go full ValueMeal?

That's what I thought too, and he hasn't even posted yet in this thread. I'm curious to find out if the new starwars is a conspiracy to turn youths into salami slices and such.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What can I say, the man's analogies have grown on me. I see the world with a whole new light!
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    I think the Dark Jedi scene does give a great vibe. I also like the new blade FX, just didn't care for the two extra 'stubbies'.

It will be interesting to see how Han (as an 'old Warhorse') will fit into the film. You'd think, 30 years later he would be running a cantina somewhere reminiscing about the 'good ol' days...'