Home Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    congrats on the launch, but i am getting this error every time i try to load it up.
    nothing launches. custom mesh also doesnt load.
    only can see the sphere and thats it.
    also, i dont see any program shortcut in start menu or desktop.

whats going on ?

quixel_error.jpg
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    how far do you come? you say custom mesh, so the initial load window is there? where you load the inputs like mesh normalmap and all that?
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    I have the program running and cant get the custom mesh to import. Well it imports but is just blank :S
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    I have a question about masks.

The dynamask editor is fantastic. However, as masks are so important it should be easy to add details by hand. Going to the dynamask window (so the default_mask document) and adding layers manually doesn't seem to work as the manually added layers aren't being transferred back to the other documents. You can edit the mask in say the Albedo for a certain material manually but:

1) You can't use default tools on a mask easily
    2) You have to propogate the changes to the other maps manually
    3) I assume any changes would be overwritten when you change the mask through dynamask anyway

So am I missing some obvious way to hand edit masks? I noticed right clicking a mask opens up the Mask ID editor but I assume this is to select a different colour id to mask off.

edit: I would also like to know if/how materials can be removed from groups or added to other groups.

Also a small tip: like in legacy ddo, if you control + drag on a materials opacity slider, it will alter the slider for every map, not just the current map.
  • Zarakun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarakun polycounter lvl 7
    Boyordo wrote: »
    Got the 3ds max export to work, no idea why but now it works at least.

Now unto another thing:
    It seems that all edge masks etc has problems with seams. Anyone else get seams at uv island boarders when applying nay kind of edge mask? If not how do you avoid this? Quite a big issue actually as it will leave me with quite useless masks in many cases.
    I tried using a normal map with and without edge padding, no luck.

Well I asked for a similar kind of problem about dynamask yesterday. I didn't have any answer about this particular problem but I tried different settings and adjustments on the same maps and mesh I used before and it seems to improve dynamsk seams.

First I reimported all my maps as png that I flattened once again to be sure not to have any transparent pixels. Then I changed the background color of my object space map to black as it is on the ddo helmet example (i don't know if it changes anything but I did it). I don't have these huge white spots all over the map and most of the dynamask seems to work correctly.

But once again some extreme masks may introduce seams if your blur setting is to high. So playing with the blur usually decrease the seams for me.

Hope it helps cause masks are the most important part of the new ddo functionality.
  • CreativeHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeHD polycounter lvl 6
    Is there a way for me to get into DDO to just start creating library's of materials for future use? Maybe I am just confused, I don't know.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    CreativeHD wrote: »
    Is there a way for me to get into DDO to just start creating library's of materials for future use? Maybe I am just confused, I don't know.

after you start ddo, you can just go int other menu, and hit "Add Custom Material", this will bring up a window where you just choose what maps make the material, and where to save it.

If you save it in ddo's Materials folder
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\script\presets\Materials

it will show up in the material chooser for later use.

Just create your Albedo, Specular, gloss, and normal maps by hand and import those with that command.
  • Boyordo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zarakun wrote: »
    Well I asked for a similar kind of problem about dynamask yesterday. I didn't have any answer about this particular problem but I tried different settings and adjustments on the same maps and mesh I used before and it seems to improve dynamsk seams.

First I reimported all my maps as png that I flattened once again to be sure not to have any transparent pixels. Then I changed the background color of my object space map to black as it is on the ddo helmet example (i don't know if it changes anything but I did it). I don't have these huge white spots all over the map and most of the dynamask seems to work correctly.

But once again some extreme masks may introduce seams if your blur setting is to high. So playing with the blur usually decrease the seams for me.

Hope it helps cause masks are the most important part of the new ddo functionality.

Yes, it is possible to limit the issue of uv island seams to some extent by just not utilizing some types of settings. Still, according to my current knowledge of using the new DDO, generating maps using the dynamask and then editng them by hand seems to break the use of the mask as a dynamic element. So this is quite a big issue. Still in the defence of Quixel suite this is also a issue in substance designer.

When I tried out the helmet project provided by quixel I noticed that a key feature of how that model is setup to work as well as possible within DDO is that it has quite a lot of space between all uv islands. This is eaven after the padding that has been added to the maps provided.
    For the things I am working on now I can just not afford to waste that ammount of texture space, So well I will go back to fighting wit the dynamask until I find a sollution or someone drops one in here.
    At least dynamask is fun to mess with :)
  • Disheveled Zen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off let me say thank you for such an amazing program, the original version has done wonders for my work flow and I am eagerly looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this new version.

One thing I'm wondering, and perhaps the answer is right in front of my face, but is there a way to load a custom mesh while just using ndo? I can't seem to figure it out and it has been driving me crazy.
  • mktacuara
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mktacuara polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Bek. You can copy changes made to one mask to other maps by going to the drop down menu in ddo and selecting "Copy Mask to all Maps", hope this helps.
  • tajomaru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tajomaru polycounter lvl 5
    Hello. In the "DDO & 3DO Workflow Primer" video at 3:10, Teddy says that holding the C key in 3DO and then Shift + Click on a part of your model will let you pick a material for that section. However, when I try it, the material browser does not show up like it does for him in the video. What am I doing wrong?
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    Neox wrote: »
    how far do you come? you say custom mesh, so the initial load window is there? where you load the inputs like mesh normalmap and all that?

well i see only get as far as this:
    w8pgvFy.jpg

whenever i try to load an active document or external file i get that error.
    i cant load a custom mesh right away. when i select a custom mesh it closes the 3do window. when i click on 3do icon again, it will open the mesh i selected before. but i cant load any textures as i said.

ddo or ndo does not open when i click on the icons.

also, where are the start menu shortcuts to start up quixel suit ? i dont see anything. iwhere is the quixel suit installing.

also, is there an installation guide someone online ?

the only time i am able to access quixel suit inside photoshop is right after i install it. so i have to install it everytime. not that it matters right now since nothing is loading to being with...
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just search quixel suit in the start menu MM. Its start menu shortcut is in "All Programs > Programs > Quixel > Quixel Suit.

the install location for a multiUser install is
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE

and for a singal user install it is here
    %userprofile%\Quixel\SUITE

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tajomaru wrote: »
    Hello. In the "DDO & 3DO Workflow Primer" video at 3:10, Teddy says that holding the C key in 3DO and then Shift + Click on a part of your model will let you pick a material for that section. However, when I try it, the material browser does not show up like it does for him in the video. What am I doing wrong?

Do you got a ID map loaded? that feature only works if you got one loaded, holding C should show the ID colours on the mesh, than c+shift+click should pop up the smart material browser
  • visoutre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    visoutre polycounter lvl 6
    This is an amazing tool, thanks everybody on the dev team for being awesome!

One problem I have is loading custom meshes. I can load them at the beginning in the Base Creator, but if I wanted to swap out the mesh later, the option is greyed out

Untitled-1_zps0b70b30a.jpg~original

Another problem with 3DO is the mask preview. Changes show up in the PSD and on custom meshes in 3DO, but the basic primitives just display black. Since I can't swap to my own meshes too, if I didn't load a mesh from the start I can't preview any masking changes.

But seriously, so awesome, everybody I show this to loves! :D
  • allaze-eroler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allaze-eroler polycounter lvl 11
    just wondering : how did you made that gradient map which it's all colored ? it's in the video i saw early :o
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    passerby wrote: »
    just search quixel suit in the start menu MM. Its start menu shortcut is in "All Programs > Programs > Quixel > Quixel Suit.

the install location for a multiUser install is
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE

and for a singal user install it is here
    %userprofile%\Quixel\SUITE

it does not exist in my start menu.
    that folder is there and i see the suite installed there.

also, as i said i cant run ddo or ndo.
    3do opens but cant link textures.
    i get that same error every time.

this is all i have in start menu:

SJe7c9f.jpg
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    visoutre wrote: »
    This is an amazing tool, thanks everybody on the dev team for being awesome!

One problem I have is loading custom meshes. I can load them at the beginning in the Base Creator, but if I wanted to swap out the mesh later, the option is greyed out

Another problem with 3DO is the mask preview. Changes show up in the PSD and on custom meshes in 3DO, but the basic primitives just display black. Since I can't swap to my own meshes too, if I didn't load a mesh from the start I can't preview any masking changes.

But seriously, so awesome, everybody I show this to loves! :D

in the main ddo menu there are menu items to re-import your mesh, which will pop a file picker to let you choose a mesh.
  • RVN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN
    Howdy folks.

So, I kicked this bucket straight. Works!

Problems were:

1. with PS CC (win7 finnish language)

- "turn shape to normal" tool, just killed the shape, it just vanished. No sliders.

2. I changed to PS CC to CS6

- I got the three boxes, but they didn't do anything, nada, zip, nothing

Okay. I started kicking the bucket. There was also an error message of some runtime issue. Sorry, can't remember, but I did check it and that was related to Visual Studio. I have VS 2010, since one of my apps needs that version. Well, I updated that. Error message was gone, but no results with quixel.

Then I figured, it is probably my language pack of the PS. I found out how to change that from finnish to english.
    Nothing yet with PS CS6

I unistalled CS6, installed CC again since I got best results with that. Changed that to english. Uninstalled quixel suite, cleaned the registries and trash. Reinstalled quixel AND BANG -it works!

So, PS CC and English and updated visual studio 2010 (maybe one of the issues) got this beast tamed.

How to change the language to english in PS?

go to x:programfiles\adobe\photoshop\locales\fi-fi (in my case, if you have forexample german it is de-de) and find from there xxxxx.dat file and change it into xxxxx.bak file. Open photoshop and it's in plain english.

I hope this helps.
  • visoutre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    visoutre polycounter lvl 6
    in the main ddo menu there are menu items to re-import your mesh, which will pop a file picker to let you choose a mesh.

ok I got the mesh in, but the textures don't display in 3DO and force-refresh gets stuck at 20% before crashing

error_zps0d1fbe13.jpg~original

When I try importing the mesh again 3DO crashes and this wierd error shows up:

error2_zps69316e54.jpg~original
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    One feature I would really like is the ability to save the settings of the Dynamask. Say for example, I'm adjusting a dynamask for rust on a mesh. I apply it, looks great, but I just want to make a minor tweak to it. When I go back into the Dynamask editor, everything resets and I have to redo the mask from scratch again. It's not that big a deal since it's just pushing sliders around, but it would be nice if it kept the settings I had previously set up. :)

*EDIT*

Nevermind, I am completely retarded. Works just fine.
  • rahzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off let me say thank you for such an amazing program, the original version has done wonders for my work flow and I am eagerly looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this new version.

One thing I'm wondering, and perhaps the answer is right in front of my face, but is there a way to load a custom mesh while just using ndo? I can't seem to figure it out and it has been driving me crazy.

You can load custom mesh by clicking the paragraph icon beside the X button and click on 3DO custom loader. Load the obj mesh and with the current doc open in NDO, press the chain icon on the left of Normal map to assign the current normal doc to the mesh.
  • Dustinmaertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dustinmaertz polycounter lvl 7
    Ran into a bug, replicated the issue a few times, time to report.
    DDO crashes when click the little box on the right of the layer if I have already created a mask in the Dynamask editor.

EDIT : only DDO crashes.
    H0Qmpn2.jpg

Works fine if I click the box before I create a mask.

Has anyone else run into this?
  • Johnm3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, for all those who get the 0x80029C4A Errors or when you click nDo2 or dDo and nothing happens, you need to give the applications admin rights.

Navigate here -
    *SaveLocation*\Quixel\SUITE\x64\bin\Release

then to fix this error for myself I Right Click > Properties > Compatibility > then tick box "Run this program as an administrator"

I did this too the 3DO.exe, DDO.exe, NDO.exe and SUITE.exe

this fixed all my problems and now the entire suit works perfectly :)

hope this helps others !! ty for the hard work Quixel :)
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    The blue is impossible to read on this background lol, it hurts my eyes trying
  • synthorange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odd one here.

Yeah, I can get it all working except for this issue: My models come in without face smoothing! This doesnt happen if I'm importing one of the demo meshes, but I've created various complex and simple meshes in zbrush, c4d and blender and they're all imported without smoothing at all. Importing a mesh into any of the above programs and reexporting the OBJ also breaks the smoothing.

Otherwise it works great, but yeah, this is rather odd.
  • hooblegooblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hooblegooblin polycounter lvl 5
    Johnm3D wrote: »
    Hi guys, for all those who get the 0x80029C4A Errors or when you click nDo2 or dDo and nothing happens, you need to give the applications admin rights.

Navigate here -

then to fix this error for myself I Right Click > Properties > Compatibility > then tick box "Run this program as an administrator"

Wonderful, that looks like it did the trick. Thanks!
  • Johnm3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed the blue text and no problem glad to help !
  • CreativeHD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeHD polycounter lvl 6
    after you start ddo, you can just go int other menu, and hit "Add Custom Material", this will bring up a window where you just choose what maps make the material, and where to save it.

If you save it in ddo's Materials folder
    C:\Users\Public\Quixel\SUITE\script\presets\Materials

it will show up in the material chooser for later use.

Just create your Albedo, Specular, gloss, and normal maps by hand and import those with that command.

Oh ok thanks passerby!
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17

yes it works now, thanks.

btw i noticed there is no input for metalness map but in the website it say it is suppose to be PBR material preview.

so do we approach this the old fashioned way with colored specular ?
    preview seems to be quite different from what the same asset looks like in toolbag2. it seems a disconnect from the way toolba2 works considering this is derived from there.
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JGreentheRookie polycounter lvl 10

Navigate here -

It's not doing the job for me and I'm using Win7 64bit, CS6 64bit I just don't know what else it could be. I tried some different GPU drivers and that didn't help either :(. When I press the ndo/ddo icon photoshop flickers and nothing happens :(
  • Johnm3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use Photoshop CS5 64bit if that helps, ive seen a few people having problems with CS6. if you can get your hands on CS5, maybe it will work ?
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    I have a question: Sometimes when I makes changes (such as color changes), and click Ok, the document won't update. Isn't it supposed to update after every change you make?
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use Photoshop CS5 64bit if that helps, ive seen a few people having problems with CS6. if you can get your hands on CS5, maybe it will work ?

I talked to Teddy on FBook today and he told me and I Quote

"We can report for a fact that it is not a CS6 only issue, as it has been tested thoroughly on this version of Photoshop"

Btw do you know if I can switch from CS6 to CC for free or do I need to buy the new suite? I pay for CS6 ATM

• Johnm3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh fair enough dude, and I have no idea on that front, hope you find the answer soon, if I find out any more info I shall post asap of course
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm getting this error in CS 5.5 while creating my base texture:

C7omu28.jpg
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    G44jjje.png

Getting this error opening 3do.
    As well as none of the applications opening, the above fix didnt work for me.
    Running CS6.
  • bfg900
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

Any news on the c + shift + click bug?
    I saw another post in this thread but I didn't find any solution.
    I tried to use this combination using the downloadable helmet project but the material selector never appeared.
    The ID map was loaded of course.
    I was able to assign a material to a color but using another method so the color map works.

Could you please help me with that?
  • RVN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN
    Fwap wrote: »
    G44jjje.png

Getting this error opening 3do.
    As well as none of the applications opening, the above fix didnt work for me.
    Running CS6.

Updating Visual Studio 2010, fixed that issue from me.

Also, if the quixel doesn't open, no matter what you do, problem is the wrong language version of the photoshop. Change that to english version. Altough, I didn't get quixel suite to work in CS6, but CC works like an angel now with quixel suite.

I got this to work by updating Visual Studio 2010, changing photoshop CC to english, cleaning up the registries with ccleaner, installing quixel suite and starting all up with admin rights.

How to change photoshop language to english:

go to x:programfiles\adobe\photoshop\locales\fi-fi (in my case, if you have forexample german it is de-de) and find from there xxxxx.dat file and change it into xxxxx.bak file. X here is a number. don't touch them, just change the "dat" into "bak". Open photoshop and it's in plain english.
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN wrote: »

Also, if the quixel doesn't open, no matter what you do, problem is the wrong language version of the photoshop. Change that to english version. Altough, I didn't get quixel suite to work in CS6, but CC works like an angel now with quixel suite.

I got this to work by updating Visual Studio 2010, changing photoshop CC to english, cleaning up the registries with ccleaner, installing quixel suite and starting all up with admin rights.

go to x:programfiles\adobe\photoshop\locales\fi-fi (in my case, if you have forexample german it is de-de) and find from there xxxxx.dat file and change it into xxxxx.bak file. X here is a number. don't touch them, just change the "dat" into "bak". Open photoshop and it's in plain english.

How did you get CC ? Can I just switch without paying again? I own CS6 (paying monthly
    subscription)
  • RVN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN
    How did you get CC ? Can I just switch without paying again? I own CS6 (paying monthly
    subscription)

I have full CC pack. I went to adobe creative cloud (website, not the desktop program), there to apps, from there chose CS6. It's there included in the pack.
  • ZeroBigSis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroBigSis polycounter lvl 10
    It's not doing the job for me and I'm using Win7 64bit, CS6 64bit I just don't know what else it could be. I tried some different GPU drivers and that didn't help either :(. When I press the ndo/ddo icon photoshop flickers and nothing happens :(

Are you using Norton Internet Security? I managed to get round this issue by setting the firewall programme specifics to 'allow' for Quixel - guess it's coz Quixel needs read write access to the users\public folder on the computer(?)
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroBigSis wrote: »
    Are you using Norton Internet Security? I managed to get round this issue by setting the firewall programme specifics to 'allow' for Quixel - guess it's coz Quixel needs read write access to the users\public folder on the computer(?)

I'm using Avira
  • Zelfit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelfit polycounter lvl 8
    Small bug in 3DO: Specular slider always switches back to 100% after refresh. For example, gloss slider remembers its position.

Also, when I edit mask in Albedo and then click 'Copy mask to All Maps', 3DO updates other maps but doesn't update Albedo, so I have to click Manually refresh.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    RVN wrote: »

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i still wasn't able to get it to work.
    I re installed VS 2013, and Quixel, my photoshops language is en-US
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    When i launch the quixel suite it works, and i can use ddo but clicking on ndo nothing happens, also if i go to the folder and directly launch ndo it crashes.

im using photoshop cs6 english
  • RVN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RVN
    Fwap wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately i still wasn't able to get it to work.
    I re installed VS 2013, and Quixel, my photoshops language is en-US

It didn't work with me either with CS6..

Try to change your subscription to PS CC if it is not included in your adobe deal.
    I have CS6 included with CC deal..
  • grihan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    grihan polycounter lvl 13
    Any update about the bug found when saving Smart Material?

ca4510ea15.png
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    mktacuara wrote: »
    Hey Bek. You can copy changes made to one mask to other maps by going to the drop down menu in ddo and selecting "Copy Mask to all Maps", hope this helps.
    Nice, thankyou! I was looking for such an option in the dynamask editor.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys for the fantastic support. You're already helping the tool shape up quite significantly; we're pushing hard to get this new update out ASAP.

Zarakun: Thank you for the report on the brigthened UV borders. You are doing nothing wrong, the tool is -- I've now been able to reproduce this with one special case asset and will provide a fix in the next release. Sorry for the hassle.

passerby & deolol: UE4 support available as of next release -- more info on this as it hits.

Boyordo: Thank you! It is likely due to a variation of the OBJ format that 3DO fails to load -- feel free to send the mesh to team@quixel.se and I'll debug it ASAP.

dralex789: Yes! You can add anything to your PSD at any time, DDO can handle any manual tweaks/additions to the PSD, both small and fundamental. The benefit of loading in input maps such as Normals and AO when setting up the project though is that they will then be automatically integrated with DynaMask for more editing properties. Note that you can also add input maps at any time during the course of a project by going to the DDO otions dropdown and selecting "Reimport inputs...". This is handy if you forgot to import something from the start, or want to reimport a map that has been rebaked and have DDO update everything accordingly (materials, masks etc). Note that no manual edits (custom layers etc) are lost when reimporting maps.

darthjosh: Thank you for bringing up the mouse shooting off into space issue. I'm working to resolve this ASAP. It has to do with 3DO's embedding in PS, an can be worked around by closing 3DO temporarily while painting. Not ideal of course.

Bartalon: I really appreciate the update! This will make it into the next build for sure.

David1983: Yes, you can save out a simple Megascans material to be used in UE4, no mesh is needed. Note however that most scans that currently ship with DDO are primarily purposed for detail texturing of assets. Thus they intentionally contain a great deal of variance that would likely show traces of repetition if tiled for landscapes. We might just release an environment material sample pack too though later on!

passerby: Thanks for the feedback! I'll add a simple feature for rotating and offsetting materials in one of the next few builds.

Raptor_Arts: If you already owned a copy of nDo2 and dDo each you will get the full SUITE upgrade for free (your new licenses should already exist in your account as divi suggests). Contact support@quixel.se with your order details and we will help you get a refund ASAP for the extra purchase!

RVN: Thanks for the report on the normal shapes disappearing for you. Looking into it.

commador: Really appreciate the report. It is true that a number of Smart Materials are currently missing for the ID links, these will fill up shortly. I have however not been able to reproduce this producing an error upon generation but have a few more things to try. Thanks again for the report!

SaboR1996, tajomaru & bfg900: Thank you! I still don't know what is up with the 3DO shift click on some systems: If you resave your color ID map in a different format than the one you are currently using and create a new project using the new map, does this have any effect at all? Hoping to get this fixed right away.

grihan: Much obliged. This is very weird -- the easiest way to debug this would be to take a look at the actual PSD producing this error. Feel free to send the zipped project folder to bergsman@quixel.se and this should be easy to fix!

grimsonfart: Yes and yes, support for tileable texturing is in as well as automatic PBR calibration. More features and fixes for environment texturing specifically will make it into the tool very soon.

Bek: Hand painting support is high on the feature to-do list! Rest assured it will make it in in the very first builds. Will also add a quick button for wiping masks; a tiny but very important detail that was forgotten. Will fix! Adding to your workflow tip: CTRL dragging texture intensity also makes sure the same texture intensity is set for all maps at once.

Boyordo & Zarakun: There is a feature set for seam elimination in the works. Seams can be a problem depending on how a project is UV mapped and baked, but a few features are being added to prevent seam problems in these tricky cases. It is absolutely crucial these features exist, in addition to easily being able to paint masks. I'll let you know when it is in!

Disheveled Zen: Yes! In the mini tool hub, click the options drop down and launch the 3DO custom loader. In here you are able to set up your custom mesh.

visoutre: The option in 3DO is simply for switching to an already loaded mesh: to manually load in a mesh (or texture) in 3DO this is done via the 3DO custom loader. Thank you for the report on the black mask previews on primitives! Will make sure to fix this.

allaze-eroler: The color map was done using the koddeCreateRampMap for Maya: http://www.kostas.se/?p=343. Gradients for Top-Down, Left-Right and Front-Back where rendered out and combined into a RGB texture inside PS. There is a similar tool for 3ds Max: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131349

No worries though, DDO will soon support automatic baking of a few different maps including gradients!

RVN: Your persistence is impressive! Thank you for the detailed break down on your solution and REALLY sorry you had to endure this, no one deserves that level of pain. Also, I really appreciate your help in this thread. Thank you!

Dustinmaertz: This is a first! I would be super grateful if you would like to send your zipped project to bergsman@quixel.se, it would make this thing easy as pie to fix :)

Johnm3D: I am not worthy! Was tearing my hair for days without finding a solution to this issue. Thank you for helping out and for finding this fix. You're the man.

MM: Full metalness support is due next release. DDO & 3DO are still fully PBR however in how lighting and reflections are calculated. There are currently a few differences in how TB2 and 3DO handle things -- full TB2 shader compatibility is on its way!

Brygelsmack: It is indeed supposed to auto-update. This sounds like a bug with 3DO not updating -- let me know if the project itself is not getting any updates.

Zelfit: Good finds -- fixing these.

Thanks again guys. <3

- Teddy
This discussion has been closed.