Home General Discussion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    anybody have a problem joining the college of magic? the woman i'm supposed to talk to doesn't give me the option =/
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Makkon wrote: »
    2011-11-17_00009.jpg

Is it actually possible for you to decorate your ingame home like that? When I try to put stuff on the table, or pretty much on anything but the floor, I come back and it's strewn everywhere. One of my biggest :| moments so far.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav wrote: »
    Is it actually possible for you to decorate your ingame home like that? When I try to put stuff on the table, or pretty much on anything but the floor, I come back and it's strewn everywhere. One of my biggest :| moments so far.

Do you have any contracts out on you? I know my roommate did because he's a klepto and his house was constantly being ransacked.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    I keep forgetting to ask this but now I remember so here goes.

Remember when they said that if you dropped loot in the street, kids would eventually pick it up and fight over it. Is that actually in there?
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Habboi wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to ask this but now I remember so here goes.

Remember when they said that if you dropped loot in the street, kids would eventually pick it up and fight over it. Is that actually in there?

I haven't seen anything like that specifically but I haven't dropped anything out in the street...

I also remember them saying that if you say...sabotaged a saw mill that like, the economy for that town might get worse. And from what I can tell, I'm wondering how in the hell we're supposed to sabotage anything? They also said that you would be able to use the same destruction spell and do like, either a constant cast or a self-cast - which would make the spell originate from you rather than simply spew forward. That doesn't seem to exist either.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there's been a mod released yet that lets you hotkey things to a specific hand? The fact that you literally can't hotkey a dual-wielded setup right now is bothering the shit out of me. Want an axe in one hand and a sword in the other? Nope, they both want to go to your right hand no matter what. And if you poison one of them, well then it unbinds from the key entirely...
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    Geezus wrote: »
    A PC Tweak Guide, by the deadendthrills guy.

http://deadendthrills.com/2011/11/madness-in-the-method/

Neat stuff!

thats what mine is based off of but tweaked a bit more so it doesnt crash every 5 min and adds some extras like better reflections draw distances ect.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Yours actually killed my game, Willy. hehe. A little too much I suppose. I'll have to find a nice balance between the two sometime.

Took a few more today:

skyrim2.jpg
    skyrim3.jpg
    skyrim4.jpg
    skyrim5.jpg
    skyrim6.jpg
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Do you have any contracts out on you? I know my roommate did because he's a klepto and his house was constantly being ransacked.

I can verify this, as I am the aforementioned Klepto. I spent a solid half an hour interior decorating and OCD'ing over my Troll skull collection, and then I come home after fighting off a few hitmen to find them strewn over the floor. RRRRAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Whatever. Send all the cronies you want, noble bastards, while I get my Mr. T on with all yo' shiet! Thief Life!

Two Listen wrote: »
    I also remember them saying that if you say...sabotaged a saw mill that like, the economy for that town might get worse. And from what I can tell, I'm wondering how in the hell we're supposed to sabotage anything?

In a lot of Whiterun merchants' homes/shops (not very far into the game, and it's the only city I've been to so far), I've found their record books. You are given the option of 'forging their returns' or something like that. I haven't been able to do anything with this dialogue, but that may be the underwhelming way in which the designers have made good on their claim of 'sabotaging.'

I have never been able to successfully forge those documents. I'm always given something to the effect of 'There's nothing to add.' Has anyone been able to do this? I'd be interested in hearing what effect it had.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Killing the mill owners would count towards sabotage too wouldn't it? ;)
    I mean, at least it would work as a way of testing out the theory.

There was one point in the game where I dropped some crap stuff I just didn't want to sell, and a guy picked it up and gave it back to me, asking me if I had dropped it.

Another was someone noticing a piece of armour I had dropped and asking if he could have it before picking it up.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    I've got days of time invested, the entire game I've painstakingly geared my play and progress to allow me to craft a badass set of dragon scale and use it with sneak and full bonuses and enchant it with junk. Yet when i finally get to the enchanting table to apply my buffs to the armor it's a tiny tiny fraction of what the bonuses were to the original pieces i had destroyed to get the bonuses from. The mana regen to me as a caster was far more important than the AC. I am far worse off trying to tailor my own crap than if i had just totally forgone all the skills and just pumped up light armor and magic stats.

Try using Grand Soul Gems you nut. The effect of the enchant scales with the size of the Soul Gem. While a Common Soul Gem will only add say 3 health a Grand Soul Gem adds 20. It was the same way in Oblivion. Also if you were so invested in enchanting you surely put perks into the Enchanting tree? I don't even have any perks in Enchanting yet my armor all has +13% One-Handed/Bow Damage enchants and a +20 Health enchant which is pretty much the same as the items I've found. If I were to put points into the Enchanting Tree which you suggested your playstyle included then I would have up to a +50 Health enchant or even higher on my armor.

As for you being worse off trying to tailor your own items, it's the opposite for me. My armor and weapons that I crafted (With 100 Smithing and both the Heavy and Light sides of the tree filled) and enchanted (With NO perks in the enchanting tree, just using Grand Soul Gems) are much higher than anything I ever loot or am able to buy. It's made the game too easy at most times and much less interesting to go treasure searching because I'll never find any upgrades.
    I mean what's the point of these other skills? They don't make items better than what you can find. And if you don't need to make crap or train tons of skills you don't need money. I can't see the reasoning behind this skill system. Level up my smithing forever to throw a bonus or two on items I found? That's a bit anti climactic, and the armor bonuses are rarely noticeable in combat. The one thing i will admit is great is the big damage bonus you get to weapons when you pump it up, but bleh, that's just forced and invalidates the entire system of tradeskilling. Make 50 billion daggers and bracers so one day you make use 1 ore to make your uber weapon you found in a dungeon better.

Combining Smithing and Light Armor perks (At +60% armor now) has made my Dragon Scale armor much better than anything I'll ever be able to loot. They definitely made my items better than what I can find or buy.

As for the armor bonuses not being noticeable in combat, I'm not sure if you mark down how much damage you take when you play or what... I'm 100% certain that my Legendary Dragon Scale Armor with a combined armor rating of 140 mitigates a hell of a lot more damage than the standard Elven Armor that merchants have started selling.

I'm not sure what "Tradeskilling" is but the Smithing improvements are just another way to play the game over searching for better weapons at merchants or dungeons. It doesn't invalidate anything. It creates another route that takes time and quite a few Perks to take advantage of.
    They need to revamp enchanting so that using them makes items as good or better than what's dropped in the game or else what's the point? Enchanting is balls if the enchantments are a fraction of the power of other items. Imagine if you could STACK enchantments to make them more and more powerful, using an item for each stack. Woulda been far more rewarding and add a more obvious method of farming then the awkward soul gem system.

As I said earlier, if you use Grand Soul Gems instead of Petty or Common ones and actually put points in the Enchanting Tree then your enchants will be MUCH better than what's available in dungeons/merchants. As you say later, this is just you not understanding how to play since it's your first Elder Scrolls game.
    Pump up the stats of self made items to make blacksmithing actually fun to use, it'd be cool if each type of armor had a great set bonus if you made it all yourself to really sell it. It's a joke how in depth the system is to make massive amounts of shit items you'd never use because of all the better loot that drops. I mean this is a single player game, there isn't even other people to show the stuff off to. The system is squandered.

I agree that it would have been cool to have some sort of set bonus for crafted item sets. Maybe a perk that would give you a set bonus for your crafted sets would have been a good idea.
    Magic spells... they don't scale well enough and when they do they're AOE. More often than not that's a bad thing as you have allies around or you hit stuff you don't want to (sorry horse, i hardly knew ye). To get the most out of your spells you gotta mix and match, summon, heal etc. Switching spells is such a headache i wish i'd just gone sword and board. The crowd control spells and shield spells are also underwhelming. Casting is just a means of delivering damage or healing for the most part. I still haven't even found an invis spell, that would have made the entire game so much more fun up to this point.

I'm not sure how well spells scale since I'm not a mage on this current character, but it sounds as if you put most of your points up until now into crafting sections instead of your magic trees. Of course the damage isn't going to just go up unless you put perks into it or buy higher level spells. If you didn't know you can buy new spells at the College of Winterhold or go to the Court Mages in each city.

As for switching spells, when you're in the magic menu press "F" while highlighting a spell to Favorite it. Once it's favorited, press Q in game to open the Favorites menu. Then press any key from 1-8 to assign a hotkey to the Favorite. Then when you're in game you just have to press the number your spell is assigned to to equip it. Double tap the number to dual wield the same spell.
    And potions... ugh, talk about a bloated system that could have been scaled down. How about being able to combine potions together to make stronger potions? This way you're not just sitting on 50 billion shit potions that aren't good enough to use but you don't want to throw away 50 billion gold. But you can't sell it either because no vendors have the coin. So you have a chest in your house full of 5000 potions you'll never use as a testament to the bad-ass alchemy system of Skyrim.

I agree there are way too many potions found to be able to sell. Even once I gave up collecting ingredients and crafting random potions I still can't sell all of the potions I loot without traveling to 3 or so different vendors. Being able to combine potions as you suggested would have been a good way to avoid that.

Aside from potions, I've crafted any gems I've found into rings/necklaces and it's impossible to sell them all too. I've always got about 20 rings/necklaces in my inventory waiting to be sold.

@Robat, the "Forge Documents" thing is for Thieve's Guild side quests.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    No points in enchanting but as far as i can tell at best i can make this item about 1/2 as good as the base 100% regen. Dropped loot i've found is up to 125% + mana reduction on casts.

Leveling is also becoming a real pain so the thought of getting like 9 more levels just to dump into enchanting is a headache knowing i need those talents for more core skills.

The real issue i have here is to make any of these skills worthwhile, be it getting money, forging armor, enchanting you sorta need to max the others, and in doing so you F over your character for very negligeable benefit. You're better off leveling the skills for talent points, but you shouldnt' actually level any of these skills and just go for core combat stuff. It negates massive portions of the game. There should have been more rewarding aspects to these skills at lower levels rather than an all or nothing you need to max everything before you can even think of making use of any of it. I suppose if you're a warrior upgrading plate armor is pretty nifty, but it doesn't help my mage out, luls.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    @Robat, the "Forge Documents" thing is for Thieve's Guild side quests.

Gotcha. Well I will be definitely be doing that then, lol.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Couple names baby born on 11/11/11 Dovahkiin, and they won free Bethesda games for life

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/parents-name-child-skyrim-character-195904653.html
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    So I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to have two of these...
    686EB8677EB778326B155424BCDCE49C94FFCDA5
    Oh well, Khajiit=BAMF
    90 hours total now. Only have thieves guild and dark brotherhood stuff to even start, oh and a billion sidequests for other things, and randomly created quests etc etc etc. Also Ding level 48 :D
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    90hrs! geez :) I've been playing like a madman and I've only got 38hrs logged. :)

Having a very "OH SHIT" moment right now, haha:

skyrim7.jpg
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Nice Josh, are you taking screens with Steam? My screens are never that sharp through steam. Share :) ha
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    ScreenShot5.jpg
    No points in enchanting but as far as i can tell at best i can make this item about 1/2 as good as the base 100% regen. Dropped loot i've found is up to 125% + mana reduction on casts.

Leveling is also becoming a real pain so the thought of getting like 9 more levels just to dump into enchanting is a headache knowing i need those talents for more core skills.

The real issue i have here is to make any of these skills worthwhile, be it getting money, forging armor, enchanting you sorta need to max the others, and in doing so you F over your character for very negligeable benefit. You're better off leveling the skills for talent points, but you shouldnt' actually level any of these skills and just go for core combat stuff. It negates massive portions of the game. There should have been more rewarding aspects to these skills at lower levels rather than an all or nothing you need to max everything before you can even think of making use of any of it. I suppose if you're a warrior upgrading plate armor is pretty nifty, but it doesn't help my mage out, luls.
    I wouldn't say the benefits are very negligible. You just need to be a little patient. I can't lay claim to this one myself - my mate has put rather more time and effort into abusing the crafting system than I have
    304B287134D0A557224C2C74166C183C7F06094A
    741 damage from a backstab without factoring in the backstab-damage-doubler gloves.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    3DA34674D40FAD7E277AAC4299811C941D36DE07

woohoo! little oblivion reference.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heya Johnny. Yeah, I'm just using steam. I play at 1920x1080. I resize them to 1280x720 to get extra AA, then paint out the UI elements. I need to learn that console command for removing the UI...
    I also apply unsharpen mask and fade that off in lighting/darken layers to get what I want.

*edit*
    Last one for the night ;D

skyrim8.jpg
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    open console type tm close console
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Another nice feature is that the console pauses the game, and with "tm" you cant see it. perfect for screenshots
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Crafting at 93 you say? THIS IS MY ROCK, SAYS I!

BBA16D38AF5CA01DEAF7EB2C5CC9D5D99E2DFF24
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    suburbbum wrote: »
    Crafting at 93 you say? THIS IS MY ROCK, SAYS I!
    Nice shot - how do you get the camera to show your char like that? I know I can move the cam around when holding down F, but it only works when I draw my weapons. Plus it is really hard to control as I can make left/right movements but no up/down.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    Just try pressing your camera button rather than holding it down.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    Thermidor wrote: »
    Just try pressing your camera button rather than holding it down.
    Hmmm... I already tried that - it only gives me 3rd person view without being able to move the cam itself. Maybe I somehow screwed up, I'll try again this evening.
  • Calabi
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Ah sweet, thanks calabi, bookmarked. I love how crazy min max you can go with this system, i didn't realize how high the item stat ceiling really was, I just wish they'd tuned it so less hardcore use of these trade skills was noticeably better than just finding fairly common stuff in dungeons (from a caster's perspective).
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Just hit the 'soft' level cap at 50, now time to aim for 81.

Question, I heard rumors that certain quests grant your Perk Points when completed. I did pretty much 'most' of the major quests and they don't seem to add up at all, unless you get PP at the final levels of the main story, which would be silly.

Apparently, you can get upto 20 extra points to spend, and at level 81 cap, that totals to 100 points.

Question is, can anyone tell me which quests those are so I can double check the figures? I don't think I have gained a single extra PP from questing, and again, this could be a rumor since I heard it here and there on forums, no official source.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    neolith wrote: »
    Hmmm... I already tried that - it only gives me 3rd person view without being able to move the cam itself. Maybe I somehow screwed up, I'll try again this evening.

you cant rotate the camera around your character when you have weapons out. kinda annoying but I can understand why.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So taking a break from how many awesome times I've had lately, I'm wondering if anyone else is in agreement on this:

Kids are fucking pointless. One of the most annoying, immersion-breaking additions to the game. You've got what...two kids? In the entirety of Skyrim? And those are just cloned to be put once or twice in each city, where they might be lucky enough to be wearing different clothes?

Is that really supposed to be more worthwhile than simply not having kids?
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    So taking a break from how many awesome times I've had lately, I'm wondering if anyone else is in agreement on this:

Kids are fucking pointless. One of the most annoying, immersion-breaking additions to the game. You've got what...two kids? In the entirety of Skyrim? And those are just cloned to be put once or twice in each city, where they might be lucky enough to be wearing different clothes?

I completely agree. Two voiceactors for kids, all have the same face and personality, and there are ONLY human kids. Where are the lil orcs n elves? What about Khajiit and Argonian kids?

Not to mention they pulled the Fallout 3 shit and made most of the kids insufferable rude immersion breaking GODS who can't be smacked into submission for mouthing off against the gosh darned DRAGONBORN.
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth

hey man, the rest were...

A. killed in bandit raids
    B. sacrificed
    C. taken by illness
    D. pushed off of a mountain
    E. eaten by dragons
    F. eaten by witches
    G. eaten by trolls
    H. eaten by bears
    I. eaten by ice bears
    J. crushed in freak lemonade stand accidents
    K. trampled by horses
    L. mistaken for goblins and killed by drunken guardsmen
    M. killed by the dark brotherhood
    N. volunteer inductees in experimental Giant Space Program launches
    O. kidnapped by the falmer
    P. summoned to oblivion, turned into fire imps and then enslaved
    Q. eaten by cave spiders
    R. eaten by cave bears
    S. killed by Alduin at the end of the world

In any case, it'd be nice to show a little compassion for the families of Skyrim who lost their children. Only the ugliest and most average survived.
  • Lord McMutton
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    That's a catchy remix.

Anyway I don't suppose many people pay attention to the other platforms but it seems those with the PS3 versions are suffering from horrendous framerate drops based on how long you've devoted into the game. Bethesda are claiming to be "fixing" it but they never directly acknowledge the problem and ignore most comments that demand an explanation.

Understandably people are upset because Fallout 3 and New Vegas were also bad ports to PS3 and a lot of stores are refusing to refund or trade for a 360 version.

The forums are all lit up as well XD

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/forum/182-playstation-3/

I honestly hope they fix it cause I can no longer play it either. 40 hours in and the game has become a slideshow.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    ugh upgraded to Catalyst 11.11 for skyrim cap and now I get butter smooth fps but choopy skippy mouse movements when looking around :S
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frell wrote: »
    ugh upgraded to Catalyst 11.11 for skyrim cap and now I get butter smooth fps but choopy skippy mouse movements when looking around :S

Sounds like that might be related to the v-sync thing? I can get everything running fine, except for certain interiors where I encounter choppy mouse movement (oddly, it seems somewhat unique to first person view).

Turning v-sync off (through the .ini) fixes this, but then I get horrible screen tearing with higher FPS, and more importantly I also get mouse movement irregularities out the "wazoo". I can sort of fix this if I use something like dxtory to limit the FPS, but then I still get screen tearing.

So at the moment, I'm stuck to having choppy mouse movement inside houses (mostly taverns/inns) with v-sync on. At least with that my mouse moves the same speed vertically and I don't get tearing, even if it is a bit jittery in some houses.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, bullcrap. I just decided to load up my game, all nice and level 50, ready to take on the world and move onwards to glory!

And now, I can't even load up my saves. I can only load a save file which is has an old lvl 40 backup, worst part is, all my lvl 50 saves, including the backups don't work. They immediately crash my game.

Either my 12MB save file vs my 11.5MB file is having some issues (I would be amazed if somehow, large save files are now a problem for PC users, especially in the 500kb region), or I did something wrong.

PS: Starting New Game is fine. Could anyone tell me if they have a 12MB save file or larger and it works fine?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Apparently large save files are issues on every platform and yes, it is causing issues.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bleh, how did this issue get overlooked? It's mind blowing, for all the testing they did, you would expect people where trying to do everything in the game and that during certain phases, they could very well have bypassed said...oh wait:

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/skyrim-completed-in-2-hours-16-minutes-by-determined-game-testers-20111013/

Argh, either way, I suggest everyone makes a backup (manual) of their saves and not to rely on the Skyrim auto backup files. I just tried popping back in and trying to load something else and I noticed Skyrim had deleted two of my Auto-Backups from the Load panel.

So be advised. Either way, I'm taking a break. Will wait for TweakGuides to publish their stuff so I can max out Skyrim on my petty laptop.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some lighter dragon armor for myself, gave the heavy set to my companion. Need to slay dragons to get some moar scales and complete my set. :D

skyrim9.jpg
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    damn. you two make a tight crew. xD
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm kinda sad that Daedra armor is better - I don't think it looks nearly as cool :(
    I'll probably end up getting it at some point though.

Took a few more screenies with the console commands, works great, thanks!

skyrim12.jpg
    skyrim13.jpg
    skyrim14.jpg
    skyrim16.jpg
    skyrim10.jpg
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anybody else find the towns and cities a bit depressing? i keep searching for giant cities bustling with life kinda like assassins creed (obviously not that big though), but all the cities feel so dead to me.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I find Riverwood to be bustling with life. Cities here aren't densely populated, but they are full of life regardless. I find myself liking Markarth, the architecture is simply astounding.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    00Zero wrote: »
    Anybody else find the towns and cities a bit depressing? i keep searching for giant cities bustling with life kinda like assassins creed (obviously not that big though), but all the cities feel so dead to me.

They went from quantity to quality back with morrowind and it has stayed that way ever since, in daggerfall you would have giant cities with npc's everywhere, but they were just walking dictionaries belonging to a class.

Assassins creed was the same, creating artificial life to the city by constantly spawning random npc's around the player and only around the player.

daggerfallmap1jg.jpg
    daggerfall-first-town.jpg
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    ahahaahahah ErichWK please say that happened to u!! :D
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH_2Oq87TAQ&feature=related"]The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PS3 lag problems explained - YouTube[/ame]

It's starting to get noticed. It's a shame and I hope Bethesda's new patch at least tries to fix it. Even a temporary fix that disables some of the rendering techniques and reduces body duration. I can't even play mine anymore. It's made me really sad but thank god I have Skyward Sword soon :D