Home General Discussion

Batman: Arkham City

Replies

• artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    flaagan wrote: »
    For those of you who've finished the game... am I the only one that feels that
    Batman's a douchebag for carrying out Joker's body but leaving Talia's behind
    ?

I didn't think of this until you mentioned something, but as for
    Talia's body, didn't it get lost somewhere during the fight with Clayface when the theatre collapsed into the Lazarus Pit?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    artstream wrote: »
    I didn't think of this until you mentioned something, but as for
    Talia's body, didn't it get lost somewhere during the fight with Clayface when the theatre collapsed into the Lazarus Pit?

Interesting, can't remember the sequence of events since it's been a few days. Gotta say,
    they didn't really leave themselves open for a sequel considering the number of folks they killed off, which is kind of a shame
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, just finished it last night, so it's still fresh (and amazing) in my head.
    After you defeat Clayface round 1, the theatre collapses and you all fall into the basement of Wonder City, right in front of the pit. Talia was shot by Joker before that, and then left at the front of the room by the stage, which is the last time we see her. I agree, killing so many people does limit the sequel, but since Hamill already said he was done doing Joker, I guess that was already done with.

I think them ending here is good: solid game, end on a high note.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    mister freeze and solomon grundy look amazing!!!!! loving it so far, I think Im nearing the end now but still got all those damn riddler trophies to find :(
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've still got a bucketload of trophies to find, as well as save the rest of the Riddler's victims, and a number of the 'side quests' to do... :poly142:
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Just finished it today. So good! Story was really fun and entertaining but not trying to be more than it is.

Excited to see what Rocksteady does next.

Can someone please get the Character Artist there to do an art dump?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Did anyone else not get the penultimate cutscene - the one before the final battle? I managed to piece together what happened there, but it's kind of a downer not getting to see the final reveal.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found the second dead body, and totally randomly found the "mysterous figure" for a third time.. I may end up looking up gamefaqs for the rest of the locations for those two, don't really feel like hunting the entire map over and over again.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Just beat this.. was the last cut-scene supposed to be silent or was it just my version? Kind of a anti-climatic ending I thought but generally a fantastic experience as a whole.

Surprised and disappointed no-one has done an art dump for this though.. aesthetically the game was superb. Rocksteady get better and better.. quality work chaps!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I just beat the game this morning! the game was fantastic. So much i didn't get around to do, but still. Way awesome game! it didn't dissapoint me.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @glottis: yea, I'm going back through and getting the riddler trophies now. At first I was like, no way in hell I'm getting all these, now I'm like "Must. Find. Trophies".
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I beat it.

Question:
    After the credits I went back in to the game as... Catwoman, and I had to make my way to my apartment. it gets blown up and now I am hunting down Two Face. Is that right? I wanna go back and play Batman and do Catwoman shit later :(
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Jackablade wrote: »
    Did anyone else not get the penultimate cutscene - the one before the final battle? I managed to piece together what happened there, but it's kind of a downer not getting to see the final reveal.

Elaborate on this?
  • rube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rube polycounter lvl 17
    adam,
    You'll switch back to batman after that first catwoman bit. It's pretty short
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    rube wrote: »
    adam,
    You'll switch back to batman after that first catwoman bit. It's pretty short

Just trying to get to YOU KNOW WHO now.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    did anyone find themselves wondering who some of the bad guys were? i have no idea who some of them are. o_O I think i finished the game with like 70%
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apparently DLC has neither been confirmed nor denied...
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449922

Cheated and found the last bits for the Watcher and Identity Theft missions, both of which allude to a potential sequel. Working my way through the riddler trophies, since apparently you need a bucketload of them to finish the Riddler hostage sidequest. Gotta say, I wish there were more of the cerebral Riddler challenges this time and fewer trophies, a lot of them are just plain frustrating due to controls or camera designs.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Side note.. they said they wanted to cut down on the use of detective mode, but I'm finding I'm having to use it a *lot* to keep track of where guys are creeping around. Honestly, if they wanted me to use it less, give me an upgrade to the UI so that I use Detective Mode to identify (automatically) nearby enemies, then they stay slightly highlighted in normal mode for a short while. The enemies blend into the background far too easily otherwhise.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    Don't forget to visit Calendar Man today.

a couple secrets I saw on gamefaqs:

1)
    the number station sequence 9 23 9 12 12 18 5 20 21 18 14 2 1 20 13 1 14 is a coded message. each number corresponds to a letter of the alphabet and spells out
    'i will return batman'.

2)
    on one the boats between the Industrial District and Amusement Mile, the right most boat on the map, has a hidden cryptographic sequencer password to decode. I won't spoil the surprise.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Asherr. I worked on nr 2 among other things so I hope you liked it.

I also worked on the grundy fight a ton. A TON! I never want to see that much kismet and matinees ever again... :D
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    For those of you who've finished the game... am I the only one that feels that
    Batman's a douchebag for carrying out Joker's body but leaving Talia's behind
    ?

DUDE! this is exactly what i said!
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam wrote: »
    Elaborate on this?
    Re-reading what I said there, I was a bit unclear. What I meant was that the cutscene simply didn't play. I went into the room and straight into fighting the big bad. The only way I actually found out what happened is because you get the screenshots during loading sequences.

On another note, I stumbled across an interesting hint as to the potential direction of the next game. Not the
    Azrael
    business which will presumably be worked into it, but a subtle piece of environmental story telling in Jokers Fun House. I'm not even going to post with spoiler tags, but for something that's so very easy to miss, it could have a pretty huge impact. You'll know it when you see it.
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Side note.. they said they wanted to cut down on the use of detective mode, but I'm finding I'm having to use it a *lot* to keep track of where guys are creeping around. Honestly, if they wanted me to use it less, give me an upgrade to the UI so that I use Detective Mode to identify (automatically) nearby enemies, then they stay slightly highlighted in normal mode for a short while. The enemies blend into the background far too easily otherwhise.

Yea, I remember reading that too, and I found myself instinctively turning it on just because I couldn't see the bad guys without it. I had to force myself turn it off a few times just to get a feel of how the world looked, and it was a nice break.

Also, finally got all the Riddler trophies, except for one with Catwoman: is this a glitch? My roommate had the same problem--all the trophies on the map are gone but it's still showing 39/40 Trophies in the % field on the main menu.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Whats the deal with
    the Mysterious Man
    or whatever they're calling him.

I beat the game, never saw this dude at all, now when I load the game up and play the loading splash screen shows a picture of him asking who he is....? Did I miss something?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Jackablade - spoiler what you found for me? :P
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harley being preggo is the only one that comes to mind
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright then. What Artstream mentions there was what I was referring to
    If you return to where you initially see Joker early in the game, you'll see Harley's costume from the previous game on a manequin. On the floor behind this there's a little green box. If you zoom in it, it's revealed to be a pregnancy test with a "positive" displayed on the tester.

As for your other question the character you mention only pops up after you finish the game. He should be pretty much right beside you when you continue after the end of the game for the first time. If you didn't see him I guess he'll still be standing there. It's right near a catwoman change over point so it shouldn't be hard to find again.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam:
    The Mysterious Stranger appears after various plot points in the game.
    1)
    The first is right after you come out of the courthouse or the church tower is blown up. He's on a building across the street from the front door of the courthouse.
    2)
    the second is almost immediately after, I think, he's on top of the ferris wheel in Amusement Mile. might be after the Joker poisons Batman.
    3)
    the third is when you save Mayor Sharp. right after the cut scene, the Mysterious Stranger is standing on the building right behind you.
    4)
    not sure when the fourth time he shows up is but he's standing in the church grounds.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also of note (for adam), and Asherr can verify this,
    fly a remote control batarang at him before interacting with him, there's an achievement for it.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another cameo:
    After you fight Ra's al Ghul and are supposed to be heading through the subway, go back through the sewers leading to Amusement Mile. there will be a gate blocking the way. Throw a remote batarang at a nearby switch behind some bars (facing the gate, the switch will be to the left) and say hello.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    Anyone had a problem with the critical strike combat tutorial not switching off? It's been locked on on every fight for ages now and its really pissing me off. And yes it is disabled on the waynetech menu
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Was happening with me too, but seems that once you actually do the critical strikes a few times it turns off.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I have beat the game, done Catwoman's shit, and continued on as Batman and haven't once seen this Mysterious dude.

What the fuck. I'm broken.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have beat the game, done Catwoman's shit, and continued on as Batman and haven't once seen this Mysterious dude.

What the fuck. I'm broken.

He, like the "Identity Theft" victims, is a royal pain in the ass to come across. He's on a set of rooftops.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really? I ran right into him as soon as I started the post game sequence. I can make you a map of where he first pops up if you like. Maybe he's buggy. Given I had a whole cutscene fail to play it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Seriously... counting the hours until the PC release. It really can't get here any sooner...
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Guys - anyway to play with the other Batman skins in the SP campaign?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not that I've seen. I think they're just for the challenge maps.
  • ladyknowles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ladyknowles polycounter lvl 7
    Just finished this game :) Man, how badass was that?!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Did a ton of stuff on this level! Didn't know it was out. :D
    Check it! It's a bit different :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbTLedS9Rw"]Batman: Arkham City - Robin DLC - YouTube[/ame]
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Guys - anyway to play with the other Batman skins in the SP campaign?

Beat the game, then play the NewGame+ I believe
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    Just finished it tonight! (Waited for PC release.) Such a solid game!
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Ah crap I thought this thread was in pimping and preview and I got pumped
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    Just finished it tonight! (Waited for PC release.) Such a solid game!

I did not understand the hype surrounding Arkham Asylum But assumed there was something other than the crudely modeled/textured thugs that I must be missing. ( I thought Bioshock was goty even with it's immature character art, rubber clothing and heavily compressed low rez textures ) So I would like to think I generally can see good work through the ugly stuff. But AA was unfinishable fer me ( when I got to crock and still felt the gameplay, to be torture. I admitted defeat )
    It must be me,
    cuz as much fun as I have been having this season with all the big releases. Nothing is as close to GOTY for me as Batman Arkham City,

I don't want it to ever end. I am literally terrified of playing to many hours in a day ( I want the city to last forever! )

I am B A T M A N!
    I am going to put on my blue long johns and underoos and run around the streets of baltimore and DC tonight till I get arrested! :poly142:
    ( hmmm maybe I am actually the Joker? )

I tried to post my gorgeous 3d multi-monitor captures but flicker reduced the magic out of them. I would highly highly recommend widescreen surround or eyefinity and "macro" toyified 3d convergence for ultimatte toys in the sandbox experience.

Thank You Rock Steady!
    ( I haven't had any of the reported tessellation dx11 problems )
    Has a patch already been released?
    Besides a normal ( albeit awesome ) physX setting
    I have everything cranked on a gtx 480 SLI.
    I am getting a third card tommorow just for physX in Batman.
    ( actually the 3d enabled this week in Battlefield 3 has also brought my machine to it's knees.. But that is a memory issue. Hopefully a third card will at least speed up memory transfer? )
    I think 3 gig memory cards will be the minimum requirement in the near future.
  • Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    got it for steam a couple days ago. lol'd at penguin after punching him and sending his tiny body flying into the air
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    DLC is available on steam now. I either accidentally deleted my entire game while trying to figure out how to get the DLC to work, or the DLC deleted it when it downloaded. Probably the first, tbh. Sounds like something I'd do. Sort of ruined the game for me.

Time to look for cheats to get back to where I was now. With my luck they don't exist.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Not to start the witchhunt, but I just lost my entire savegame on the PC. It looks like I am not the only one.

I am not 100% sure if it's tied in with Games For Windows Live but I have my suspicions. I am quite upset :(, this is one of the few games I try to finish to 100% completion.

What gives ??
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's been a pretty common problem for players since last wednesday's DX11 patch, I've treid looking on the steam forums but it's not exactly a usefull place. I suspect its a complication of using/needing to update both gfwl and steam. I didn't lose my saves but my game went from playing fine to crashing to desktop every 20 minutes. Its been a pretty disapointing patch so far.

That being said, when I can play it's freaking brilliant :)
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    That's what leaves a sour taste in my mouth, it's a simply brilliant game but the corrupt/lost save files now put me at square one.

I never understood the benefit of "Games for windows Live" other than DRM, but steamworks does a very competent job at validating legit software anyway so what the fuck.

Cranking up DX11 really kills my framerate even though I run a fast system. To be honest I could barely appreciate the DX11 features anyway.