Home General Discussion

Batman: Arkham City

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well its supposed to be the pc version of the 360's live marketplace right? Where all your game related needs are run through a central hub so you can get your news, updates, dlc, etc all from ms. Really it's MS's attempt at Steam, but due to it generally sucking sweaty Donkey-balls it's never been able to really compete. I think the only reason it's still around at all is because of publisher deals with MS, so for example every pc game WB releases is required to have gfwl as an active part of it in-game so even if you do get a game through Steam which should in no way need gfwl, WB's deal with MS forces the user to have both.

As for DX11, i mentioned this earlier in the thread but for me it was about the immersion. When I played AA with the physX stuff on the game-world just felt so much more real while I was in it. Form the smoke and little stacks of paper that would move around you as you passed through them to just the silly banners that were suddenly all over the place and flapping about when ever you grappled by. It just felt like I had a physical presence in the world that is often missing in games. The fact that with AC my specific rig is no longer compatible with any of these features is just one more reason to wonder why I had to wait two extra months for it to come out.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    As much as I am enjoying this game, some design choices are really really annoying. Every five yards there's a different group of thugs having a different conversation. If you fly through a street, you only get a line from each of these conversations too, making it even more annoying. I get that it's there because of sidequests and to provide insight into the story, but the amount of conversing thugs needs to be cut by 2/3. Or, give the player a choice to turn the sound amplifying thingamajig in the cowl off. I just wish they'd shut up and let me enjoy the game.

There's also way too much riddler stuff. There's either a trophy or a piece of graffiti visible 90% of the time. It's too much! Both of those things destroy any sense of atmosphere. Again, this should be a toggable feature (IMO), something for when you've completed the main story.

Apart from that, and that it's a slightly dodgy port on PC regarding FPS, I'm really enjoying it. It's kind of replaced Skyrim for my go-to quick gameplay session. I really like the new inclusions to gameplay.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Andreas wrote: »
    Or, give the player a choice to turn the sound amplifying thingamajig in the cowl off. I just wish they'd shut up and let me enjoy the game.

If you press 'Y' to enter chat mode, you can ask them to quiet down a bit.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch wrote: »
    If you press 'Y' to enter chat mode, you can ask them to quiet down a bit.

Wrong thread? I'm talking about the NPC thugs in Arkham City.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wish they had a dark knight costume. I like bale's figure much better then a 6'2 huge hulk batman. Not to mention TDK suite is the best
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeah, they released several alt-costumes right? Are they included in the GOTY? How do I access them?
  • Sculptaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have to complete the main story first. Which is a bit annoying, but you can use them in the challenge rooms from the get go though I think.