Home General Discussion

LA Noire

Replies

• 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im on my 2nd case. bloody car, went to speak to wife etc. this whole interrogation thing seems out of whack for me. it seems like every time i doubt the person i go into full on rage mode and totally accuse them. if thats what the doubt button does, wtf does the lie button do? beat them up? haha (i havent accused anyone of lying yet).

im not 100% enjoying it yet. still have urges to stop playing but i want to keep playing till it gets better. maybe its too slow for me. thats the main thing that bugs me. feels like im playing a big long cutscene and i get to press a button every once in a while.

does anybody know what engine theyre using? is it rage?
  • Parnell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    It's definitely the same engine (or some version) they used in Red Dead Redemption. I just picked it up last night and thought it was interesting. I too found the "doubt" button to completely unglue the witness during interrogation. I fell asleep playing it but I did enjoy it I just feel like I need to give it a little more time and better understand the interrogation part. I feel like finding "clues" to be a little clunky. The whole controller vibration thing is ok but then to find out the object is worthless is kind of annoying. I'd rather be able to pick up everything much quicker and decide for myself instead of having to slowly wade through stuff just to find the game tells me it's not necessary.
    B
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    This is how i see it.

Truth - You believe them. They stare you dead cold in your face. no fidgetting. Tho they might be sad etc.

Doubt - They lie to you, you know it. Shit doesn't add up but you don't have the evidence to prove that they lie. Just challenge them on it. They usually smile like a cocky asshole or look around alot or make weird stuff with their mouth.

Lie - You got the evidence to prove it.

This has worked quite well for me. I think I got around 85% correct on all questions so far. Think that's what the social club said at least. :)
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Parnell wrote: »
    It's definitely the same engine (or some version) they used in Red Dead Redemption.
    B

No, it's not.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Wahlgren wrote: »
    This is how i see it.

Truth - You believe them. They stare you dead cold in your face. no fidgetting. Tho they might be sad etc.

Doubt - They lie to you, you know it. Shit doesn't add up but you don't have the evidence to prove that they lie. Just challenge them on it. They usually smile like a cocky asshole or look around alot or make weird stuff with their mouth.

Lie - You got the evidence to prove it.

This has worked quite well for me. I think I got around 85% correct on all questions so far. Think that's what the social club said at least. :)

Pretty much how I played it. Got a couple of 5 stars and 4 stars
  • Veizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Veizer polycounter lvl 11
    Great game, the interrogation part is tricky I am almost past Vice desk and still can't get them all but it's a game you come to enjoy pretty fast. I don't think if you don't like the beginning it will get better later for you.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I am starting Vice now. it just gets better and better. I like the rain, and LA at night.

I agree with the breakdown of truth, doubt and lie.

Vice is tricky in the answers tho. sometimes i feel like i don't have the evidence... or i think it's clearly that one stating the evidence when it's not. Metro and Homicide i had lots of 5 star cases, this one i think i'll get 3 or less.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 wrote: »
    Metro and Homicide i had lots of 5 star cases, this one i think i'll get 3 or less.

Just watch them more/review your evidence a lot. I had couple of times where I hit lie thinking I had the evidence :( At arson and blew through it in like 2 days but havent played it since then. Afraid of finishing it too fast.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    yea he seemed overly aggressive at the start, it took me a bit by surprise but I think hes only like that in the first 2 or 3 cases, maybe its to get you used to the system or something. Im in Vice now and the games still blowing my mind :)
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Salami: You can always back out when you click lie. Sometimes you have to click lie to find out more :)

But yes. I noticed Vice is trickier with the evidence. I'm on the first vice case :o
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im actually driving around in the game with google maps open and comparing the two. pretty neat. definitely shines some light on the history of the city, something i havent thought about a lot even though ive lived here almost all my life
  • nalwayv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found a funny glitch in the hospital were the patient have no legs', there is a vid for it on YouTube.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANAQ7Gd8ZI[/ame]
    Just waiting for the store to get back up and running on PS3 so I can play the DLC cases other than that just trophy hunting.
  • Mimic Kairatta
    I found the game quite fun, though the parts where you have to find locations with poems had been bit of a mind-bender.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I'm really debating whether to get it or not, only thing that concerns me is the replayablity,
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren wrote: »
    Salami: You can always back out when you click lie. Sometimes you have to click lie to find out more :)

what? really? o man I never knew this haha
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    team Bondi and the other studios involved: Bravo. Excellent entertainment.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I got this the other day and I've been enjoying it for the most part. It is very repetitive in my mind but the story is what drives it. I can only play one or two missions at a time before I start getting tired of it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get it though. But if you don't like story... maybe skip it. :)
  • Veizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Veizer polycounter lvl 11
    Talbot wrote: »
    I got this the other day and I've been enjoying it for the most part. It is very repetitive in my mind but the story is what drives it. I can only play one or two missions at a time before I start getting tired of it. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get it though. But if you don't like story... maybe skip it. :)
    Yeah I can't have long sessions with this game either but I think it's a good thing because in someway it marks the pace hehe
  • pestibug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Rockstar smells money, bunch of douchebags:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/31/rockstar-pass-launches-on-marketplace-only-108kb/

Basically you have to pay to be able to download DLC's. (yeah they give 2 away for free)

Wtf, EA atleast did it proper, owners of a original game could become member for free and get free dlc, after that they had to pay for other dlc's. You only had to pay to download DLC if you bought the game secondhand and wanted a online.

After this mediocte game I say: fuck off rockstar.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    woah, I didn't think people got mad at paid DLC since horse armor.

I was kind of bummed about the exclusive DLC at first because I didn't want to miss out on stuff just because I didn't preorder a game or bought it on a certain console - so being able to buy it afterwords seems like a good thing to me.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    commence downloading!
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug wrote: »
    Rockstar smells money, bunch of douchebags:

This is nothing compared to Cod's new elite system. Have they ever heard of giving something for free? If not I suggest they talk to bungie.net... :P
  • Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    Of the two DLC cases, I'd say The Naked City is definitely worth downloading, but A Slip of the Tongue is disappointing. It's really easy; almost feels like a tutorial mission to be honest. The gun battle seems very crowbarred in to what is otherwise quite a low-level case. Here's hoping the other DLC cases are more inspired.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    woah, I didn't think people got mad at paid DLC since horse armor.

I was kind of bummed about the exclusive DLC at first because I didn't want to miss out on stuff just because I didn't preorder a game or bought it on a certain console - so being able to buy it afterwords seems like a good thing to me.

Exactly. I was going to wait for a GOTY but now I won't have to... don't see what the problem is. Gonna have to wait for the GOTY of Mortal Kombat, cause I hate missing out on stuff :(