just wanted to share progressions and demos (to come) of a project I started a day ago.
The basic idea is to have a very specialized tool like UVLayout for UV´s but instead of texture transforming.
With shortcuts and the interface I want to try out new stuff so that in the end just a few clicks are needed in order to get the texture in your workflow.mockup of my current version:
the version that works so far can´t handle multiple shapes right now and doesn´t align so nice the outputs, but you might get the idea of what I am aiming forwhat I have done so far:
- texture transformation only within the defined area
- automatic texture size calculation (should be adjustable later on)
- takes a 2 click to define a shape of 4 corners (like drawing 2 lines). More ways however will be added like where you draw just 1 line wich defines already the orientation and the radius of a rectangle
- integer, Bicubic or Bilinear pixel interpolation to choose from
some goals I have that should imo. be implemented (I´ll try to face these at least)
- ability to add multiple shapes and automaticly line up the resulting textures
- drop texture output to the OS clipboard so that one can right away paste it into photoshop without the need of creating another document in PS.
Aside from that of course batch exporting as PNG or JPEG using AIR (flash/html framework to build rich Applications)
- propper interface (no coder´s art). Should be minimalistic, very different direction as OSX or Vista.
- sliders to move the the center within the shape so that one can define where the focus is
- adjustment controls to fine-tune the corners like sniper magnifiers
- bezier grab points and the edges to bend edges, enabling to rip rurved surfaces
- help lines like a perspective grid, switchable circle, arch and other common shapes
and losts of other ideasin comparison with Photoshop:
you might think other than the workflow it doesn´t differ much from photoshop but that´s not the case:
as I tried to illustrate in the picture the center in photoshop is completely different calculated as how I did it.
With my method however you get usually more details in your final output which is great for textures where you can´t afford to lose details. I plan on however adding silders so you can even tweak that center later one.
tell me what you think,- I hope I get some pregress with this new baby this week will post as soon as something evolves,- if you have some ideas or suggestions or links to similar stuff I´d be happy to recieve them here