Home General Discussion

DAY Z : Mod for ARMA II (Zombie Apocalypse Survivalist FPS/RPG)

Replies

• katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Running really does work better...and to lose them I have tried zig zagging through trees and past wall openings, through buildings, they give up once the lose line of sight.
  • eY3lEs5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys! Been playing since Arma2 was discounted during the Steam Summer Sale, and I am loving this game! Can't wait to see how this game evolves :poly142:

Katana is pretty spot on in regards to his tips. Respectfully, I'd like to add some of my tips/discoveries.

To lose zombies, once you have some distance, you can turn a corner of a building to break line of sight, then crawl run, or prone, to silently escape. Once zombies lose line of sight with you, they break the chase and go into search mode.

You can also zig zag up a hill, the zombies can't run up hills, and once you get to the top or lose line of sight, they will stop chasing you.

Also, whenever I spawn by the beach (especially by Komarovo or any of those coastal towns), I just head north of the main road and stick to the tree's. There are a couple barns if you make your way towards Cherno, in which hopefully you can find an axe or some other weapon before making it into the city.

I used to hate night time, but now it's one of my favorite ways to travel as it greatly decreases your visibility. Crank up your in-game gamma and brightness, and become one with the night.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    @eY3lEs5 - add me on steam you san diegan bastard.
    steam name: reverendFlacid
  • eY3lEs5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh snap! I know you, lol! I will definitely add you once I'm home, that makes us a group of 5 then for DayZ :)
    Feel free to add me, my steam name is the same as my PC name. Btw, nice work on your portfolio man :)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can add me too if you want...

Steam: katana2665

I dont have a mic for Voip though.

I'm not a big fan of nighttime even with gamma and brightness cranked, but what i do love is the rain...anti-sniper weather.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pulled an empty AS 50 off of a dead survivor tonight....without ammo, it's little more than a paperweight...:)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol...and I made the mistake of climbing through the wall up to the roof of the firehouse, I couldnt get down without aggroing the whole mob, so i jumped off the roof, and died where I found the other guy with the rifle..poetic I guess.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After a bajillion render issues, the video is finally up!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al2xK3IqQzo"]Day Z: Bloodshed and humanity at the Last Church of Elektrozavodsk (First player hosted event!) - YouTube[/ame]
  • eY3lEs5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is awesome 3DLee, I remember seeing your original flyer for it. I'm glad it was a huge success, so to speak ;)
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Haha yesss, I should have recorded this, but here's the story:

I got kicked out of the server my brother, I and my friend were on because my internet went out. We were on skype at the time and my friend all the sudden said he got hit by a car, and killed... I managed to sign back into the server (I was on a hill pretty close to the hit) I saw two guys get out of the car and go to my friends body (at this time I was running like crazy to the car thinking "What the hell do I got to lose" they get to his body and start looting it, I am very close to the parked car now and notice another guy get out, he starts running the opposite way (for some reason) and I get to the car, and drive away, it took them a bit to realize I just stole their car. I hear multiple ak's shooting at the car and one hit me and I was bleeding, I got away and bandages myself. I picked my dead friend up and brother up and we saved the car in a secret spot (kinda).

I am so happy right now haha (well.... I kinda feel like a dick, but they killed my friend!)
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is awesome. I discovered that the perils of looting a cherno are more in the way of getting out alive. While hitting the grocery store i see a lone survivor running along the coast. I get a bead on him but let him go - I'm no PK. Later while we're rummaging through the firestation i hear shots fired and about 7 agro'd zed's charge off toward the water. We thought about going to help but figured it'd be better to leave him to his fun...on the way north to the hospital the shots keep ringing - closer and closer...and i'm getting nervous. we decide we're well enough equipped and sprint north to the hills. I start taking sniper fire and get hit. I just blitzed to the trees I could barely see through the pain, praying that the shots weren't coming from that direction. We make it to the top of the hill - blood infusions all around and End the night with all our nice shiny stuff intact. (except for his AK which ran dry and dissapeared into oblivion when he tried to put it into his backpack). later tonight....i'm goin bandit hunting
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Evan from PC Gamer interviewed me on their latest podcast about the church event: http://www.pcgamer.c...ical-profiling/

(it's at the very end)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got my first vehicle the other day ( a pickup) it was just sitting on the road with a half a tank.

Drove into cherno and loaded up what I could than drove down the coastline to the airfield at which point i crashed into a hummer and couldnt back out.

Gawd damn graphic glitches need to be fixed.

Right now I'm in one of the large shed buildings there.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
    That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
    Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
    I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

Pretty cool stuff! so does this mean it would have its own installer and what not?
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Damn you, Braulio! When I read the email notification, I though you were saying you were leading the team ;) Almost had a heart attack.

I'd say it'd have it's own installer. I should think it'd, at some point, have to, so it can self update.

Hopefully this means bright things for a game/mod I'm completely hooked on, atm.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    score! wonder what's going to happen with the War Z now. is there room for two zombie survivial games? or can there be only one?
  • glynnsmith
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    That is too good, needs to be a feature.

Think of the gameplay! The music attracts zombies, and he just stalks people killing them when they least expect it.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    glottis8 wrote: »
    http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
    That’s right, this is actually happening - DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with me as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
    Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
    I realize people will have many, many questions - but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.

Pretty cool stuff! so does this mean it would have its own installer and what not?

I hope it comes with many, many bug fixes :D excited none the less though.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I stand by the integration of gore that L4D2 has in it. It would make the game so much more responsive and intense.
  • zicoV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is awesome news! Hopefully it will get rid of the glitchy zombies and unintuitive inventory.

And more guns pls :)
  • AlecMoody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    I loaded this up for the first time in a few months. It remembered I had an AK :) I noticed a few changes- did they get rid of global chat or was that a server side option? Also, did they change how to eat food and water? I couldn't get them to come up in the menu when I hit the scroll wheel and had to log off so I wouldn't start losing health to thirst.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator