Home General Discussion

Halo 4

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been playing mostly mp, but I'm finally getting around to working through the campaign.

Found this though: Photo%20Jan%2027%2C%209%2032%2035%20PM.jpg.

Might be old news but I though I'd share.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Yeah - and there's Conan O'Brien in the same room too :D
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    NickGW wrote: »
    I haven't played any of the episodes past the first few weeks worth, but from what I remember it varied. I played most of them solo and it was managable if you took your time and tried to keep encounters to a few enemies at once. The difficulty I had was in finding weapons or ammo as I was constantly running out of them on certain missions.

Meh, sounds just like the campaign on Legendary, which just wasn't fun to play at all. Bulletsponges that absorb the entirety of a weapons ammunition capacity don't make for good gameplay :/
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee wrote: »
    Bulletsponges that absorb the entirety of a weapons ammunition capacity don't make for good gameplay :/

The Knights have shields just like the Elites, but it's not obvious at first and hard to see when they're dropped. They also recharge in just a few seconds if you allow it to teleport away or hide. The little flying wheel thingies have shields too.

It also doesn't help that when you face Prometheans, you usually have access to Forerunner weapons only; ammo capacity is very small for all the guns and the UNSC weapons caches are rare so you're forced to pick up the alien ones early into most levels. Out of these forerunner weapons, the rapid fire one and the shotgun are very short range, and the light rifle is - probably intentionally - equipped with a clip far too small to finish a Knight without reloading.

So they aren't really bullet sponges - they have behavior that allows them to use their shields very efficiently and the weaponry is also balanced for a higher risk/reward approach. If you charge them they fall down surprisingly quickly, but then you're an easier target as well and missing just a few shots is enough to fail. If you however try to pick them off from a distance they can survive a lot longer because of the shields.
    This is actually what you, as a Spartan, are relying on against them as well :)
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    vargatom wrote: »
    The Knights have shields just like the Elites, but it's not obvious at first and hard to see when they're dropped. They also recharge in just a few seconds if you allow it to teleport away or hide. The little flying wheel thingies have shields too.

Rushing them was the only thing I found that worked, and even then it was unreliable. It wasn't that I couldn't kill them. It's more that it was tedious and just not fun. I played through the first 3-4 missions on Legendary in the campaign, then just put the difficulty down as it was annoying more than challenging.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    love Halo 4, but a few things bother me:

1) joining in the middle of a match in war games? 9/10 the chances are that you are joining the losing team which makes sense because they are down members but it's so annoying : (

2) when my team members purposely kill the guy im in the middle of an assassinating - i just want the credit lol

3) and this one pisses me off a lot, when i finally get the big mech robot or a sniper rifle and my team mate rolls up on me and kills me so he can get the wep or the next spawn of the mech, AND it takes them doing it more then once for me to be able to kick them :(:(:(:(:( which is when i in return kill them and get myself kicked out :P

other then that I love halo : ) and props to all who worked on it!
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    3) and this one pisses me off a lot, when i finally get the big mech robot or a sniper rifle and my team mate rolls up on me and kills me so he can get the wep or the next spawn of the mech, AND it takes them doing it more then once for me to be able to kick them :(:(:(:(:( which is when i in return kill them and get myself kicked out :P

other then that I love halo : ) and props to all who worked on it!

That happens to me a lot too. I was in a Mantis and my team mate just kept shooting a charged plasma pistol at me so I couldnt move, then some guy on the other team just sticks the mech and kills me. Oh lol
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Team snipers and doubles!! <3<3
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so its march 19th, silentium should be out,
    im going to grab a copy myself tomorrow :d

344px-Silentium_cover_front.jpg
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When I think about music, and what I've listened to most. Halo albums are on top by far.
    Halo 4 had some killer tunes so getting this mail the other day.. im sreally excited for more!

" Halo 4 Original Soundtrack Volume 2
    Released April 9th Worldwide

Following the huge critical and commercial success of the record-breaking 2012 release ‘Halo 4 Original Soundtrack’ by the award-winning producer and composer Neil Davidge, Microsoft, 7Hz Productions and 343 Industries are pleased to announce the release of ‘Halo 4 Original Soundtrack Volume 2’, available on April 9th 2013.

‘Halo 4 Original Soundtrack Volume 2’ features more stunning, expansive orchestral- electronic opuses which comprise a 20-track digital release, containing all the key themes from the game that we weren’t able to include on the first volume.

11 of the tracks are composed and produced by Neil Davidge with a further 8 by 343 in-house composer Kazuma Jinnouchi. The soundtrack also includes Kazuma's new interpretation of Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori's iconic "Never Forget" from Halo 3."
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    You can check out the recent MarkV armor i created for halo 4 in this video, hopefully they release some screens soon :D

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/06/halo-4-champions-bundle-dlc-announced/
  • bodenmjesse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the best Halo version ever! My favorite game!!!

steve barbarich
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    Armor looks great ae. This update has me excited about Halo again. The Pit remake has my nostalgia bone tingling, and that new gametype looks fantastic.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    im super excited for the pit (pitfall) cant wait for it to get released :D
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    Don't know how many of you still play, but there was a fairly significant multiplayer update somewhat recently? that pretty much completely changed the game, in a really good way. Everything has been sped up, you can kill/be killed much quicker now, and all of the OP weapons were nerfed. A few friends and I picked it back up after a long hiatus and we are loving it. I'd recommend popping it back in if you haven't played in a while.