Home General Discussion

-- Belly Off Club --

Replies

• JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, me too. I walked almost 10km today... My intention is do the same next days.
  • Tairii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tairii polycounter lvl 9
    Is it too late to join?

I'm 6'0 and currently 183 lbs ( I started at 188 lbs). Goal weight is 165.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    I think never is too late to make something for your health, mate.
  • Tairii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tairii polycounter lvl 9
    JR wrote: »
    I think never is too late to make something for your health, mate.

True, true.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    JR wrote: »
    And then it's christmas again... how to avoid eating like a crazy and gain some extra pounds, after fighting through all the year to lose them? Or eat without feeling guilt, thinking in lose them later?
    A weekend of enjoying food with family and friends is more fun than counting the minuscule amount of weight you will put on consuming it.
    Eat, drink, be merry or something.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, you can splurge here and there. It doesn't matter, long term, as long as you're mostly good the rest of the year ... Eat up, everyone! :)

I've put a few pounds on this month but I know it'll come off over the next few so ... meh.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah guys, you're right. I decided not going psycho about this. Let the food come! I have the whole next year to lose what I'm gaining now.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Soooooooooo... Summer is coming upon us and I would love to bring this thread back from extinction... I loved hearing about everyone's stories about fighting the battle of the bulge, and I'd hope we can get some updates in here to help fuel the flames again :)

I've been trying my best over these last 3 months to start really focusing on getting into shape. I've tried my best to keep everything in arms reach while setting realistic goals... and I'm very happy to say that it is working.

I've lost over 25lbs now, started around 220 lbs and now I'm down to around 195lbs. My first goal was getting myself down to 200lbs (and more importantly) to prove to myself that I can indeed lose weight. My next goal (i'm half way there) is to hit 190lbs. And my last goal is to hit 180lbs while focusing on weight lifting / cardio. I would like this to be a stretch goal, more so focusing on creating and continuing to live a more healthy lifestyle (this is the MAIN goal for everything). The weightloss is a bonus that I will gladly take though :)

I've been working on adding more to my routine as I build up my cardio and start to work on some strength training.

Currently my routine is:

Monday, Wed, Fri / Sat - Run around 5 - 6km on the Elliptical, this takes anywhere from 45 - 60 minutes... I'm slow :( but I've started to focus more on speed now.

This week I'll be adding the "100 push ups" program to these days since it sounds like a lot of fun tbh... http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html#sthash.WinZyERE.dpbs

Tues, Thurs - I've been using Insanity now for the last past month and it has been kicking my ass every inch of the way... but I'm starting to REALLY get into it / look forward to it. My goal for this is to get to 3 days a week (instead of the current 2) and from there see if I can mess around with adding more. I know it's a 5 - 6 day program for each week, but I also know what my body can and cannot do right now... but I'm building it up and hopefully it will pay off in the end.

The other big thing I've been trying to do these last couple months is getting outside and playing sports / hiking etc. I hate running, but I've always been into sports and getting back out there has been some of the most fun I've had in awhile :) Not to mention the weather is starting to get reaallly good, might as well enjoy it!

My diet is somewhat unchanged... but late last year I stopped buying gluten / super sugary foods for the home, and I've been trying my best to limit my intake in the outside world... but this is tough.

I know my Diet is the main culprit that I need to address... but man I love tasty foods, I'm just trying my best right now to limit the quantity and the amount of times I eat it each week. I know realistically this will be the hardest part to get in order but I'm working on it :P

So yuhhh, hopefully this will kick this thread off again, I'd love to hear everyone elses updates and maybe we can get more involved :) :poly121:
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    last post was when I hit below 260 -- at 268 today, but hitting it pretty decently recently after some injuries. Should be losing some weight soon!
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    i generally havent weighed myself since december, and i really have no ambition right now to see how much i weigh. i figured if im constantly trying to hit a target number i have to factor in so many things that i really dont care enough to consider +/- weight for diet, +weight for lifting, - for cardio.. its a bit too much for me to be honest. so overall i still kinda try to watch what i eat although the weekends can creep up on me pretty quick. as far as workout routines, i was riding my bike into work around 2 days a week but havent done that lately. for the past month or so ive started boxing both at work and at a boxing gym up to 4 times a week. im really loving it and its probably the best workout ive ever gotten. im going to keep up with it and hopefully add back in some regular gym time (considering doubling up days) and switching off some days with biking.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    The other big thing I've been trying to do these last couple months is getting outside and playing sports / hiking etc. I hate running, but I've always been into sports and getting back out there has been some of the most fun I've had in awhile :) Not to mention the weather is starting to get reaallly good, might as well enjoy it!

Gonna be frisbee day eryday!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Jason, you are an inspiration, my friend.

I started this thread when I was 275. My heaviest was 293. Well, I hit an all time low (slash high). I saw 310 on the scale. So, I've started getting back into it. I've got a trip planned to a beach somewhere in December, so my goal is to lose 10 lbs a month until then. Totally Doable.

I just started rowing again last Monday. On the monday, I was 307. Im down to 304.5 as of this morning.

Baby steps.... Weight loss isn't so bad. But keeping it off is completely different. /le sigh
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Around October last year, I decided to check out CrossFit; a few friends of mine were recommending it, and even before they told me they were doing it, I had noticed they were more in shape. I'm about 6 months in to it, and I've lost about 4+ inches from my waist, trimmed down overall, and started to get torso definition. I'm also a lot stronger than I was 6 months ago.

It definitely has a cult following behind it, as do most "hardcore" exercise programs. If you can find a location in your area, I'd recommend at least checking it out. Make sure the coaches are reasonable and friendly though; the exercises are not for beginners and can result in injury if not coached properly. If they try to make you do something that you are completely not comfortable doing, then don't stick with that particular CrossFit location.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius wrote: »
    Jason, you are an inspiration, my friend.

I started this thread when I was 275. My heaviest was 293. Well, I hit an all time low (slash high). I saw 310 on the scale. So, I've started getting back into it. I've got a trip planned to a beach somewhere in December, so my goal is to lose 10 lbs a month until then. Totally Doable.

I just started rowing again last Monday. On the monday, I was 307. Im down to 304.5 as of this morning.

Baby steps.... Weight loss isn't so bad. But keeping it off is completely different. /le sigh
    Good luck, man! 2.5 pounds a week for months on end is really aggressive but I'm sure you'll lose a ton even if you don't hit that ambitious goal each and every week.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Started using the LoseIt app and it was pretty eye opening about the garbage I was shoveling down my maw. After two weeks I'm down from 195 to 182. Most of the loss comes from just being more aware of what I eat and what that food is made of. I really haven't given up too many foods, it's more eating in moderation now. Though the first week you are going to be hungry as your stomach won't be getting as much food as it's used to.

I run/walk 2-3 miles every other day, then do this simple 15 minute work out in the morning on the non cardio days: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/02/28/mornin-bodyweight-workout/ On weekends I'm up to 8 miles run/walk on Saturday, then rest on Sunday. I signed up for and got a team ready for the Tough Mudder so I've got to get my happy ass in shape.

2.5 pounds a weeks is absolutely doable, just make sure you don't plateau. You gotta change things up after about a month or you'll start to get into weight maintenance mode rather than weight burning mode.

If you want a decent, non overly ass kicking home work out DVD, RushFit is also pretty good.
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Hey guys. Man, this thread is pretty damn inspiring. I guess I'll share my little story :)

After graduating from school in December of 2011 I had a bit of time to kind of get my life in order. At that time I think I weighed about 240-245 and had been that way for a few years. I've had a gut for as long as I can remember so I decided it was time to do something about it.

The job I had then didn't help much though... Desk job with muffins and fatty sandwiches right around the corner every day made it difficult to stay on track. I particularly hate running/jogging so it was nice to find other outlets for exercise. I started rock climbing with a few friends and did it for about 6 months maybe once or twice a week. We would go to a rock gym for 3-4 hours at a time and really kick the shit out of ourselves. It wasn't much for weight loss but I definitely felt so much stronger.

Around the summertime I moved to a new job and started living on my own again. I lived in a nice enough neighborhood that I could bike to work when it was warm and the eating options were definitely much more varied than the suburbs. I still had a bad habit of eating ramen and just a lot of starchy foods. The biking was definitely helping a lot, but the overindulgence of grains was not doing me any favors. Around November of last year I was hospitalized with an intestinal tract infection for about a month and it really kicked the shit out of me. Before that, I was down to about 225 lbs. After I was released from the hospital I weighed myself at a 205. That was pretty crazy to me. I could see more gauntness in my face and my arms were way skinnier.

From then on I kick started a new diet with primarily fresh fruits and veggies, cutting out pretty much all meats and dairy (including delicious cheese...). With minimal exercise this has put me down to 190 lbs so far and I'm waiting to lose 30 more. It's kind of incredible to lose a fifth of your body weight and realize that you still have more to go. I'm hoping that with a further concentration I can knock it out and get down to my target weight of 160-165! I've found that giving myself a 5lb grey area to fluctuate and weighing myself every day with an electronic scale really helps.
  • jfeez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfeez polycounter lvl 8
    This is a pretty awesome thread, figured id share my story and where im heading =) So before uni i was one of them skinny guys who never put on any weight no matter how much crap i ate, then a series of events that made me eat like a truck made me at my most extreme to waist size ~40inches (i gave myself an extra inch for comfort) Since finishing uni about a year ago i decided i needed to sort myself out, i didnt wanna just jump into working out and do myself more damage so i spent a few months educating myself on food and proper ways to lose weight and began cutting bad habits, starting with no sugary drinks then eventually stopped drinking anything that wasn't water. Fast forward to around january this year, i had lost some weight but not alot, so i stepped up my workouts to 6times a week with sunday as a stretch day, i only do bodyweight exercise as well. As of now im a 31inch waist.

A few things i learnt over the last year was to not weigh myself (i have no idea how much i weigh now) because the scale lies, the daily fluctuations are really frustrating. I would only weight myself now for diet improvements. As of now im attempting to bulk and its going quite well =P So many different things work differently for people its always awesome to see other how have lost weight
  • LRoy
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I started off this year (January 1st) at 191 lbs. I'm only 5'6", so that's a bit too heavy.

I clocked in late last week at 160 lbs. I ate a little extra over the weekend, so I'm probably around 162-163 right now. (I kind of needed the calories, as I worked on a physical project all weekend long, but I also let myself go a bit in the social eating)

Overall, I'm quite pleased with my progress. My target is to get down into the 150 lbs. range, and it's looking like I'll hit that in the next two months. At least 80% of my progress has been simple portion control, and constant monitoring.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    awesome work guys, seriously inspiring to read all of your stories

i just started eating less and jogging more again myself so i'd finally get to my target goal of 176lbs. Doing a 20 kilometer run every weekend and 12 kilometer runs about 3 times a week now.
    Daven wrote: »
    cutting out pretty much all meats and dairy (including delicious cheese...). With

36098395.jpg
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Jay you lost a ton of fucking weight.

I don't know if it helps anyone but I've been a pretty serious boxer for a lot of years. I find it combines the best of coordination, strength and conditioning.

We do a varied mix of interval training which involves old school calisthenics, explosive drills as well as cardio. It really depends on the quality of the trainers and how seriously you commit, but I've seen fantastic results. It's always more encouraging in a team atmosphere.

Check out your local boxing club. It's a lot more friendlier and welcoming than a giant athletic club where everyone keeps to themselves.
  • shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    Hey everyone! Another member recommended I post what I'm doing in this thread. I can't believe some of the stories in here. It is definitely full of alot of inspiration for fighting the fat.

I have started a thread "90 Day Lifestyle Change" and created a simple google doc for anyone interested to track and share their progress. I have also outlined a bit of what I'll be focusing on in terms of diet, and strength training, and some of my goals for those things.

Anyways, I wanted to share it and try and kickstart other peoples into changing their daily unhealthy, unhappy routines, and trying to make a positive change in all our lives! So if your the slightest bit interested, I encourage you to do this along side me. Make a plan, set good goals, and dont lose sight of them for 90 days!

Heres my plan:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1883248&postcount=5
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    Hey people! So over the past... time period.. I've been really pushing the effort to get into shape. The only form of exercise I was doing after i moved to california was biking, which was ok but it wasnt doing too much for me. around february or march i started doing striking training with some friends at work. pretty light stuff, about an hour a day for about 3 days a week. Then around april i think, i joined a boxing gym, where i did boxing and kickboxing 4-5 times a week. More recently ive started tracking my diet a bit more, trying to cook more meals so i end up not having unhealthy lunches almost every day. today for the first time in .. i cant even remember.. i weighed myself. I defaulted the scale to 180 thinking i hadnt lost any weight.. and miraculously i found that i had actually lost 8lbs. im moving ever closer to my goal of 160.. and it was a really cool feeling to see something in the 170 range on the scale. :) so yeah, just thought id share.

also recently ive been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to track my diet and exercise. its been a tremendous help in realizing what ive been eating isnt the greatest for losing weight.
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    So back on the first page in 2011 I was 270 pounds 6"1. I am now as of today 195 pounds and much more healthy and have way more muscle mass. How have I done it so far? Well Started with playing ultimate Frisbee on my lunch break at my old studio(Thanks High Moon). Then I got into road biking a lot as I found it a great option because when your motivated to do it, it requires no one else.

About 4 months ago I moved to my current job and I stepped it up an actually started to make a goal for myself. I found a passion for going out dancing haha and that might sound weird but seriously, best workout you can get and your surrounded by woman which is lacking in the day to day of the games industry which is a big plus haha.

Now the most important thing is your mind, At my heaviest I was going through some very difficult relationship issues and stress, and mother nature has this great way off thinking that when you are stressed it means there isn't food because that's what a caveman would get stressed about, no joke. Not much has changed biologically from that time, so if you can manage your stress and your outlook this is one of the strongest factors that will get you to where you want to get. I'm about 20pounds now from my goal and want to let everyone know its completely possible to change whatever you want in your life.
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    WoooW, huge props, Bradley! Aside from those things you mentioned, have you followed any specific diet or any other workouts like weight lifting or any type of cardio/interval training?
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    I do got the gym and I currently go 5 days a week, I started with every other day(weekends off but danced). An actually I didn't use a gym for most of the time only in the last 3months bc I found myself making excuses when I tried to work out at home. I danced alot just by myself with headphones on in my apartment haha why bc why the fuck not lol. I found it fun and alot more interesting than most things out there. Also if its a nice day I'll go for a 10 - 12mile bike ride to get fresh air and clear my head. (this is an awesome time to meditate and think about whatever you want while also getting massive amounts of cardio)

I don't have a super strict diet but this works for me and keeps my body and mind happy.

Breakfast:
    Banana or some grapes, and a granola bar or a 1/4 of a zip lock bag (small) of whole grain cereal or any cereal you like that you will eat and makes you happy.

Lunch:
    My go to is qdoba bc its right next to work and easy but what I get you could easily make at home before hand.

Burrito Bowl (no wrap) Brown rice, Black beans, Chicken, Pico Dress (Tomato and cilantro) then lettuce and I get a little extra hot sauce on top.
    Its a good amount of food and fills me up.

I pack a second granola bar or cereal bag (1/4 bag) for a snack around 3pm bc I do find myself getting hungry and rather then go find some junk food Ive got that on hand if I need it.

For dinner I usually get a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and that last me Monday through Friday and I cut some off and put some canned vegetables on a plate and I'm good to go.

Now I'm human and like sweet's and I found two foods that work to curve my needs. Animal Crackers, and Italian ice. This might sound crazy but animal crackers have way less calories than any other form of cookie or desert out there and I get the organic ones because they seem to make me more full and satisfied. An the Italian ice I get the combo lemon, strawberry or what ever the second flavor version because it gives me some variation and also It takes me forever to eat one and they are super low in calories(100). Also kashi 7 orginal sea salt crackers are good or I get some carrots and humus instead of chips and its surprisingly good.

Some times If im chicken out I will make some burgers or sloppy joes, also on Sundays Ill let myself have pizza as treat but I make sure to buy the smaller organic ones.

Last note I don't tell myself I cant have something (again the mental edge) Its way better to tell yourself "I'm the type of person X" so "I'm the type of person that goes to the gym" , "I'm the type of person that doesnt drink soda on week days" , "Im the type of person that will order what I want on the menu but I'll save some for later every time" Saying that to yourself is waay stronger and Will make things stick. Personal definition is a great thing to help you because the person you want to be because well, your telling yourself who you are not what you want to be.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Last post on here I was at 268 -- today I weighed in at 245. Since that old post I have been doing 10 mile runs occasionally, did the Bay to Breakers run in 1:22 with my wife, and boosting my strength at the gym. Recently I gave up the long jogs since they didn't seem conducive to weightloss and instead I'm doing a lot more squats, interval hill jogging, and upping the days I do weight training.

To break through my plateau I have had to really cut back on eating -- trying to hit around 1000 cals/day atm. Not hitting that every day, and it's not a long term plan, but I still have 30-40 lbs to lose.

I was feeling a bit down about not making serious weightloss progress over the last year or two, but looking back through my posts on this thread made me feel a lot better about it. Also, I'm not as much of an asshole as I used to be :P
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome work and congrats on doing Bay to Breakers.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Oh man, it makes so happy to see this thread pop up from time to time.

Congrats Ninjas!!!

I moved to Edmonton from Toronto back in February, and I decided that new city = new start. Not just for work, but health in general. It took a bit to fall into place in my new surroundings, so I didnt start the health thing until April 26th. I weighed in at 325lbs, my heaviest ever, and my breaking point. As of this morning, just a few days shy of 2 months, I am down to 305! -20 lbs! So close to getting below 300 again.

Basically, I just started eating better. Less carbs / starches at dinner, more water, veggies and greens. And I started exercising again. Just been doing Jillian Michaels videos 2-4 times a week. 27~mins per video, so really not a lot.

Also, I made the conscious choice to step away from the computer/couch more this summer, so I went out and bought a bike. I just picked up my new baby this morning and plan on biking to work as often as possible (5km each way), as well as just nightly rides and what not, since it doesnt get dark till about 11pm here.

10498650_10152503999234699_6925517845458621731_o.jpg

Trek 21.5" X-Caliber 6.

Good bye computer, hello summer!
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    :icon60: Nice bike & good job on the cut, slipsius! That's gotta feel good
    Picked myself up a Specialized last summer to get out and about with - My cardio jumped up significantly from biking 3x a week. Felt damn good to have that extra bounce in my step during the day.

Also, recently started this reddit.com/r/Keto diet for this summer. First time trying it out...
    Seems like the folks over there have had good success with it.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Thanks Stephen.

Careful with the Keto diet. Yes, it does work. But, only while you're on it. Because it trains your body to not need carbs, once you go off the diet and start eating a normal amount of carbs again, all that weight comes back with a vengence because your body no longer knows how to deal with it.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    I have no doubt once hockey season starts again, the beer belly will be served up with a vengeance.
    And if my team makes the playoffs .. a side of ooh god
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ordered myself this:
    http://www.gymworld.co.uk/weider-340-lc-weight-training-bench.html
    and these:
    http://www.gymworld.co.uk/york-fitness-7ft-olympic-barbell-bar.html (weighs 20kg)
    http://www.gymworld.co.uk/york-cast-iron-olympic-plates-2-inch-dia-hole-order-form.html (2 x 15kg, 2 x 10kg)

will be getting a bike and punching bag as well, turning my garage into a gym.

My girlfriend and i justified this as worthwhile, it means we don't have to pay a £20+ p/m each gym subscription, and we don't have to try to juggle babysitting the kids with going to the gym etc. can't wait!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the beer belly will be served up with a vengeance.
    And if my team makes the playoffs .. a side of ooh god

World cup doesnt help :P
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I've still got a long way to go. I didn't realize that I'd made any progress until I compared myself to a pic from about a year ago.

272-239.jpg

I lost most of the weight following a low carb diet and lifting 3x a week. With occasional cardio exercise.Dumbbell Workout Doc

I stalled at 239 for a while so I've stepped up my game. I go to the gym now 6 days a week for weight training and cardio. I also monitor all my calorie intake using a Fitbit. The chart below shows how many calories I've eaten in yellow and how many I've burned in grey. I hope by end of summer I can lose at least 20 more lbs.

calories.png

I can pose my new workout routine if anyone is interested.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome stuff Monster. Been slacking this year but with the crappy winter almost done might step my game up too. Sitting now at 197 so under 200! Hit my year goal at least. Hoping to lose another 25 ish
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    My wife and I finally started using MyFitnessPal app to track our food and we've been hitting the gym up several days a week. At the beginning of March I was at about 208 and as of this morning I've hit 191. Shooting for a soft goal of 165.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Monsterrr... YOU A MONSTER! Awesome work good sir, you're looking great! I'd def like to hear about your routine.

Alistair - Ya buddy! Each time I see you you looking sexier and sexier ;)

Praetus - Damn! Care to share any pointers, that's a pretty solid weight loss in that timeframe :)
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well I have lost nearly 2 stones( around 21 pounds so far) in the last 3 months. It's been a bit hard work since I have gone cold turkey on all sweets and chocolate.
    I am aiming to lose another 3 stones. It's not easy when you are basically sitting on your arse all day zbrushing:/

currently I am 238 pounds, want to get down to 196
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator

Praetus - Damn! Care to share any pointers, that's a pretty solid weight loss in that timeframe :)

Mainly it's just keeping track of calories and working out almost every day. Once you start tracking you'd be surprised how much extra crap you eat or just how heavy some foods are (I'm looking at you, delicious Girl Scout cookies.). I have a base limit of about 1800 calories a day. I started packing homemade Greek salads for lunch with healthy snacks to cut back on junk food from a local gas station as well. Workouts can offset the calories as now I'm netting a 700 calorie gain on days I hit the gym. This affords me a good buffer for dessert or meals that are heavier on fats or calories in general.

For workouts I started running on an elliptical machine with a weight loss setting for 33 minutes at a time mixed with other lite workouts. Lately I've upped my time to a solid hour and I am coming in just under five miles in that time. I do this roughly 5-7 days a week after work/on weekends. All in all it's not so much extra work as just being more accountable to yourself and killing those snack time urges when your count is high.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    awesome progress monster, and everyone else for that matter

reading this topic makes me sad , seeing my old post on how i lost 77 pounds and having kinda undone that progress over the last year or so makes me want to kick myself in the head.

A few weeks ago i started bootcamp over at blizzard so i`m tackling the problem yet again but this time with proper guidance. also going on a strick diet so hopefully i`ll get there again and this time in a way where i can sustain my weightloss. its easier to get off the weight than to keep it off it seems
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome progress Monster! Very, very happy to see!!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    That's great Monster, keep it up!!