• Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    SERVERS ARE TOO BUSY LOL TRY AGAIN LATER

orrrrr maybe you could install from the disc! HURR DURRR
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Steam is awesome as always. Bought it and started playing in an hour and a half.
  • slipsius
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hmm. Are people really having to download this after buying a physical copy? Mine installed from the disk.
    I think a small percentage of the game has to be download from the steam servers (like 1% of something), which I'm guessing it something to do with copy protection.
  • slipsius
    its seems like steam defaults the install file destination as their servers, so you just have to change it. Or so it seems. Im still at work so i dunno
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    hurr steam is too busy, durr we're retarded and haven't got a clue how to package a game for release to the platform we developed the game on hurr
  • JFletcher
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Rick_D wrote: »
    hurr steam is too busy, durr we're retarded and haven't got a clue how to package a game for release to the platform we developed the game on hurr

at least you have a disk!

"guaranteed day one delivery"

AAAAAUUHRGRHGGRHGRHRRHRHRHHHH!!!
  • slipsius
    I hope you`re asking for your money back, fletcher. Thats super lame
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    i own the game but i am downloading a cracked version in order to play it, i can't believe i wasted my fucking time going to buy a physical copy after work.

THIS is why people are playing everything on consoles because the maount of work devs are putting into pc releases are criminal.
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    luke wrote: »
    Rick_D I installed mine off a disc fine, delete local content by right clicking the game in steam, then double click on the disc in your my computer then install. SORTED. if that doesn't work check this out: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1318656

that was already linked by slip (thanks btw), but thanks anyway. i tried it multiple times but it simply refuses to work :(
  • praetus
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Got attacked in Riverwood by a dragon. I thought I handled it pretty well but after defeating it when walking around I realized there was some collateral damage....IT KILLED THE KID'S DOG! One of the village kids found the dog and cried out to the gods. I wasn't sure whether to be amazed or extremely sad.
  • Geezus
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    I really enjoyed this review/chat from Adam Sessler. His written review is superb as well. Obviously self serving, but it's one of his best written reviews, imo.

Video:
    http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56233/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-with-adam-sessler/

Written:
    http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64714/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/review/
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    i own the game but i am downloading a cracked version in order to play it, i can't believe i wasted my fucking time going to buy a physical copy after work.

Are you getting worse download-speeds in steam?, You might've been asked this before, but have you tried switching content servers?

edit: oh wait, steam is acting up as you try to download it too?
  • Habboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Dark Brotherhood. Oh yeah! :D

I lol'd because I met this weird guy whose wagon was broken down and I convinced someone to fix it for him and didn't think much of it...I go to Dark Brotherhood and boy am I surprised.
  • TDub
    Offline / Send Message
    TDub polycounter lvl 13

THIS is why people are playing everything on consoles because the maount of work devs are putting into pc releases are criminal.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111110165853AAf0hTZ

this may be your solution
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    i downloaded a warez copy of the game, ran it and it started to install "from disk" (aka from a virtual drive) and I just used my CD key from the retail copy.

i can't believe i had to go through all that shit.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
  • Geezus
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    hahaha, oh my!
    *linked for possible NSFW*
    http://i.imgur.com/H4lRX.jpg
  • WarrenM
    Good lord, frell, how long have you been playing? :) The game just came out today...
  • shotgun
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    Good lord, frell, how long have you been playing? :) The game just came out today...

the game was torrented and pirated days ago :poly127:, just saying.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont know :s I woke up at 6am and started playing (10 hours now), did the main story up to Hrothgar and I see dragons ever few times I fast travel

Theyre pretty easy to kill, but fun at that, and the money you get from the kills is very useful

I dont think dragons are unique though, they seem to just be random npcs.

I also find it fun to walk into an inn and dragon shout all the food off the table
  • slipsius
    Geezus wrote: »
    hahaha, oh my!
    *linked for possible NSFW*
    http://i.imgur.com/H4lRX.jpg

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Ive been talking to my boss for the last 30 minutes, and i said oh man, ive been staring at this link waiting for you to leave cause it says NSFW, and he said no problem, you can click it. and BAM! bahahaha! i was NOT expecting that
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    frell wrote: »
    I also find it fun to walk into an inn and dragon shout all the food off the table

Hahahahaha.. I've got to try that.
  • slipsius
    I didnt like the bottom of the statue... soooo

P1020735.JPG

P1020736.JPG
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Geezus wrote: »
    You should be able to display your favorites, select one, and press 1-9, setting that favorite as a quick swap.

Thanks for this Geezus :)
  • slipsius
    so you just select 1 fav, then press a number? hmmm, doesnt seem to be working for me
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for quoting that Lenny, wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Played it for 7 or so hours last night and had quite a slapper. Best thing that happened so far was I shot an arrow at a Giant in a camp from a hidden spot and saw his health barely go down so I ran away. Then about 2 minutes later when I was killing some wolves I guess he ran up behind me because I got one shot and flew up about 200 feet in the air.
  • slipsius
    finally playing. holy crap this game is BEAUTIFUL! ive stopped a few times and just admired the view.

and man, there are alot of plants you can harvest! holy crap... First thing i found once I got into skyrim was some nightshade. now i can poison my master and go visit jack skeleton! :D
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    So I was playing skyrim

had to sneeze

made sure no one was watching

turned away from monitor and sneezed like it was a dragon shout
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    slipsius wrote: »
    so you just select 1 fav, then press a number? hmmm, doesnt seem to be working for me

Favorite what you want to hotkey. Open the Favorite menu (Q), highlight what you want to hotkey, and press a hotkey ( 1 - 8 ).

You can also double tap a hotkey to equip the same spell in both hands, theoretically this should work for weapons but its feeling pretty buggy at the moment.
  • MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    So i did the first quest yesterday and the damn quest stage wouldn't trigger.. You have to talk to a guy named Alvon or something like that. If any of you have the same problem, ask him if he has supplies, close the window (the trade window) and let him talk and don't skip. The quest stage will then be complete and you can continue the quest.

The game is awesome until now, they have done a great job and everything is improved, in comparison to FO and Oblivion. Still has some minor hiccups (like the voice acting, menus and some bugs) but these are totally forgiveable. I am very happy with the game. :D
  • ZacD
  • Jessica Dinh
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    lol, the horse at the end, hahhahaahhah
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Is it just me or is the first shout you learn:

"BOOOSH"

lol
  • MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    lol Zac :D

Ragdolls FTW
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I thought he shouted Boom! lol like a boomer in gears. great game tho, really enjoying it.
  • fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    In my mind it was more like he yelled MOOVE! and everything fuckin MOOVES! :D
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
  • eld
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, elderscrolls has always had a pretty hardcore following on the pc, and now every single one of those fans have moved to steam :P
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    can't wait to get my copy!
  • neolith
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    I've played for about four hours now I think. The world is absolutely beautiful, the characters are nice and just running around discovering things is really fun. The dungeons I've seen so far are a lot better than in Oblivion. Talking to NPCs is actually useful as they might tell you how to get to the next city: "Cross the river, follow the road north until you can see the next mountain, then go east." And that actually works. Pretty cool.

There are several things though that make the game a lot less than perfect for me:

Installing via Steam when having bought a physical copy sucked.

I still despise the UI. Having something like that on a PC speaks volumes about where Bethesdas priorities lie.
    Beyond it's lack of usability there's also the problem that it doesn't share the same visual style with the rest of the game. Not exactly good looking IMO.

Having only played a few hours, I might have missed something, but... no classes, no distributing points when leveling up, no being born under the sign of XYZ any more? I think that's rather shallow for a RPG.

The shortcuts for the favs keep resetting themselves over and over again. This needs to be patched ASAP. Furthermore the favs are a lot less useful than a proper bar with slots to assign weapons and skills to. Having to pause the game to just look up your favs breaks the immersion. A lot.

There is no way to look at your char except for pressing F? That's weak - when I put a lot of effort into making a cool char I want to be able to take a proper look at it. Why can't I see my char when I'm outfitting him in the menu? Why is the camera I get to controll when pressing F so damn restricted? Every dumb MMO gets at least this right - why not Skyrim?
    (After giving this a second though - could it be because of Scaleform not allowing to draw another layer of 3d on top? It's a wild guess as I have no expertise in that software.)

The world map is utterly useless. Yeah, it's nice that it's 3d, but you cannot see shit on it. It's a gray mess with some markers in at best. I would have preferred a real map.
    Also the dungeon map is not big enough - what do I have a large screen for?

So far I like the game itself a lot. But there's many things in there that lessen the overall experience and could easily be better. In most cases it's just bad design IMO, which is a pity.

edit:
    Like in every TES game I've played I don't even get to play a single day without running into a fucking vampire and getting the disease. :\
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    fearian wrote: »
    In my mind it was more like he yelled MOOVE! and everything fuckin MOOVES! :D
    It's clearly "Poof!"
    I'm slightly disappointed that it doesn't send enemies sprawling. There are so many cliffs that I could be blasting dudes off.

Oh yeah, fun discovery of the day - Animal Command works on mammoths.
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    I hate the world map also, wish it was like oblivions but colored a bit
  • JFletcher
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    I couldn't be assed to wait for my copy to arrive next week when it should have arrived yesterday so I just went to a game store and bought another copy for £5 more...lol :(

but yey!!
  • Scizz
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    Thank you Geezus and everyone at bethesda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!! Got it aroudn 11am ESt and played str8 until 4 am. 1 hour break to eat and stuff. It's now 11 am and I'm jumpin back in!!!!
  • MainManiac
    Offline / Send Message
    Got 2 more, totaling about 7 now.

screenshot10e.png
    screenshot11ya.png
    screenshot13r.png
    screenshot19hk.png
    screenshot20o.png
    screenshot21z.png
    screenshot22e.png
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    neolith wrote: »
    I've played for about four hours now I think. The world is absolutely beautiful, the characters are nice and just running around discovering things is really fun. The dungeons I've seen so far are a lot better than in Oblivion. Talking to NPCs is actually useful as they might tell you how to get to the next city: "Cross the river, follow the road north until you can see the next mountain, then go east." And that actually works. Pretty cool.

There are several things though that make the game a lot less than perfect for me:

Installing via Steam when having bought a physical copy sucked.

I still despise the UI. Having something like that on a PC speaks volumes about where Bethesdas priorities lie.
    Beyond it's lack of usability there's also the problem that it doesn't share the same visual style with the rest of the game. Not exactly good looking IMO.

Having only played a few hours, I might have missed something, but... no classes, no distributing points when leveling up, no being born under the sign of XYZ any more? I think that's rather shallow for a RPG.

The shortcuts for the favs keep resetting themselves over and over again. This needs to be patched ASAP. Furthermore the favs are a lot less useful than a proper bar with slots to assign weapons and skills to. Having to pause the game to just look up your favs breaks the immersion. A lot.

There is no way to look at your char except for pressing F? That's weak - when I put a lot of effort into making a cool char I want to be able to take a proper look at it. Why can't I see my char when I'm outfitting him in the menu? Why is the camera I get to controll when pressing F so damn restricted? Every dumb MMO gets at least this right - why not Skyrim?
    (After giving this a second though - could it be because of Scaleform not allowing to draw another layer of 3d on top? It's a wild guess as I have no expertise in that software.)

The world map is utterly useless. Yeah, it's nice that it's 3d, but you cannot see shit on it. It's a gray mess with some markers in at best. I would have preferred a real map.
    Also the dungeon map is not big enough - what do I have a large screen for?

So far I like the game itself a lot. But there's many things in there that lessen the overall experience and could easily be better. In most cases it's just bad design IMO, which is a pity.

edit:
    Like in every TES game I've played I don't even get to play a single day without running into a fucking vampire and getting the disease. :\

And that is why you did the smart thing and got the game for PC, because the issues can be addressed by the awesome mod community out there, just like it did with Oblivion (without it, I wouldn't have played Oblivion at all if it wasn't for all the mods that fixes the crap console stuff that PC have to suffer for)
  • Cojax
    Offline / Send Message
    Cojax polycounter lvl 10
    After playing for about 6 hours last night, I must say. Its like they took the best parts of Oblivion and Fallout and made what is in my opinion the game single player experience of the year. :)

Well done to everyone at Bethesda.