Home General Discussion

The Game Screenshot Thread

Replies

• MattW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattW polycounter lvl 10
    Frump wrote: »
    Playing Might and Magic Clash of Heroes for DS while eagerly awaiting Mass Effect 2. Very cool puzzle/strategy rpg.
    mmclashofheroesimage2.jpg

I loved this game
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun wrote: »
    anyone played this???

Foto+Quest+for+Glory+IV:+Shadows+Of+Darkness.jpg

let alone - has anyone finished it???

Ahh Quest for Glory IV I think.

Yup played it and loved it. Didn't finish it though, combat was horrible in that one :(
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    beneathasteelskyt.png
    Anyone else play this game? I'm playing this as well as No More Heroes (in preparation for NMH2 on tuesday) and SMT:DDD etc. I would love to play it more but as it's an old dos game, it crashes on my computer randomly. D:
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    HonkyPunch, if you have an iPhone, there's a really good port available (controls are actually solid, much better, imo, than the implementation in the Monkey Island Special Edition port).
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i do not have an iphone, i cry like a little bitch at this loss D:
  • SyncViewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyncViewS polycounter lvl 13
    HonkyPunch wrote: »
    beneathasteelskyt.png
    Anyone else play this game? I'm playing this as well as No More Heroes (in preparation for NMH2 on tuesday) and SMT:DDD etc. I would love to play it more but as it's an old dos game, it crashes on my computer randomly. D:

Isn't it Beneath a Steel Sky? If so, there should be a porting to ScummVM, I'm currently replaying DOTT :D
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Heck yeah! I love that game :) Just finished the iPhone port recently, too. It was surprisingly effective.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danshewan polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah, Beneath a Steel Sky was awesome. Even more awesome is the fact that you can get it for free at www.gog.com!

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/beneath_a_steel_sky

Anyone remember this?

lure-6-full.png

Good times....
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    first thing i thought of when i saw this ^^^ was this -

barbar-the-barbarian-ss1.gif

or some sequel of it... (with obviously better colors)

but no, isn't this.... land of lore? lore of the doomed? what was it called
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Lure of the Temptress

Their art certainly got better between Lure and Broken Sword :P
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    anyone played this???

Finished it NUMEROUS times. Fuck, the whole series was played through at least four or five times before it was killed off by the 3d PoS (which I refused to play). Somewhere, there's a floppy disk with three or four Paladins on it. The fourth, for the multiple story paths and choices you could make, was really the best of its kind of game. I absolutely loved the art style and the gameplay mechanics for encounters were quite fun.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beneathasteelskyt.png

Steel Sky - never played it when it originally came out, grabbed it off the interwebs and played it via ScummVM in the past year. Nothing about it would have made it stand out for me back in the glory days of point and click gaming, but it was definitely a fun nostalgia trip when I played it. :)
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    neverhood06.jpg

can we have a remake or sequel of this please?
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    oobersli wrote: »
    neverhood06.jpg

I still have the neverhood..fun game
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan wrote: »
    Finished it NUMEROUS times. Fuck, the whole series was played through at least four or five times before it was killed off by the 3d PoS (which I refused to play). Somewhere, there's a floppy disk with three or four Paladins on it. The fourth, for the multiple story paths and choices you could make, was really the best of its kind of game. I absolutely loved the art style and the gameplay mechanics for encounters were quite fun.

flaagan - there's a part where u use the octopus knob on the pillar, down at the swamp, and u'r to spell AVOOZL again. the thing is, on dosbox emulation, the speed is fucked up and it won't read the dial right. i read its a known bug with a tentative workaround, but i couldnt get it to work. did u figure that out or did u play the oldschool, real-dos version?

yea the whole series was fantastic, i played the 3d qfg V game as well but it was hardly as good... qfg IV remains my favorite to date. there r several remakes if u saw, of the first and 2nd, with new gfx etc. haven't played them yet.

when i think of it, this is a very early dues ex gameplay...
  • Progg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progg polycounter lvl 11
    neverhood06.jpg

low odor wrote: »
    I still have the neverhood..fun game

OH MY GOD YES.... I loved that game when I was a kid. I still have it somewhere. I remember playing it on our 3k $ 1995 Gateway that had 32 MB of RAM... lol! sigh.... how times have changed
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I've been sneaking in a few games lately.

EVE Online

game1.jpg

Supreme Commander

game2.jpg

Homeworld 2

game3.jpg

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

game4.jpg
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Excellent choices, Vas. Homeworld 2 speaks for itself, Supreme Commander remains one of my favorite RTS games of all time and Nexus was good fun, aside from Cromwell's stuffy British accent. Still can't get into EVE, though. I might sign up for another trial, see if I can figure out what all the fuss is about.
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neverhood06.jpg

DO WANT.

When I saw that Steel Sky was point and click I instantly thought of Neverhood, best fucking game evar.

Then I scrolled down one post and saw this awesomeness. :D
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    Screw all you guys and your shit games. I only roll with the best and that's the Philips I-CD. ZELDA FTW!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IFFWVBfNn8[/ame]
  • |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    vcool wrote: »
    DO WANT.

When I saw that Steel Sky was point and click I instantly thought of Neverhood, best fucking game evar.

Then I scrolled down one post and saw this awesomeness. :D

Sequel would ruin it propably. Best game ever though.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Blimey you guys are all really old school. I thought you'd be into the latest games with the tresselation and 0.13 shaders or something.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    anyone played this???

heroes quest 1 was the best one....
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| wrote: »
    Sequel would ruin it propably. Best game ever though.
    Oh yeah, for sure, I was DO WANTING the original. My old CD doesn't work (not suprisingly) and I don't think it's sold anymore.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @calabi;
    Of course the shiny new games are fun, but you can't deny the classics. A lot of these older games have more replay value and entertainment packed into 1 megabyte than some games fit onto an entire blu-ray nowadays.
    (Unfortunately i was pretty young in the nineties, so I have to relive all the good old days now on xp)
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, the Nineties were fucking it for gaming. I still remember being blown away by games like Starfox, taking big-ass cases of Amiga floppy disks to school to trade like playing cards....

/nostalgia
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I just beat RE5:
    resident-evil-5.jpg
    and FEAR2:
    FEAR2_Reborn_OpenTrafficSegmentB-620x.jpg
    Now playing thru Mass Effect finally;
    139724-MassEffect-14.jpg
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm replaying FEAR 2 on hard right now, and I think it's got to be one of the most under-rated FPS games released in recent years, and it's got some really nice visuals, especially the environment and effects work. I really hope that a third installment is planned.

Yeah, the motion blur might be a bit much at times, but the action is pretty intense, the story is really decent (especially the use of intel items to reveal the specifics of the plot), mechs with unlimited ammo - awesome.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX wrote: »
    Forza3 on the 360, using the ingame photo tools. I'm on the right.

S5_Bloom.jpg

My car design! w00t!
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    @HonkeyPunch

No I agree, its good to see, just suprising is all.

I dont recognise any of the games though, I was more into the spectrum and snes, didnt join the pc until the age of empires, carmageddon 2 age.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two games I want re-released:
    Neverhood and i-76.

Neverhood cause I never got to play it (and all the versions I've had access to since then don't work).

I-76 cause it was so awesome, but I never finished it, my game discs got destroyed, and I'd love to play it on an actual powerful system.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    danshewan wrote: »
    I'm replaying FEAR 2 on hard right now, and I think it's got to be one of the most under-rated FPS games released in recent years, and it's got some really nice visuals, especially the environment and effects work. I really hope that a third installment is planned.

Yeah, the motion blur might be a bit much at times, but the action is pretty intense, the story is really decent (especially the use of intel items to reveal the specifics of the plot), mechs with unlimited ammo - awesome.

Agreed, it was really fun, and really started to wow me when it got to the more open environments. The ending was REALLY sudden, with no closure to any of the story at all, one of those endings that's right on a cliffhanger as if to say 'HA BITCH WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL'.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg wrote: »
    Agreed, it was really fun, and really started to wow me when it got to the more open environments.

I think the school
    and the subsequent hidden research base
    is my favorite area, from an artistic standpoint. There's so much detail hidden away in the darkness, and so many little touches that are easy to miss in the thick of a firefight, but if you pay attention, it's superbly realized.
    The videos on the televisions as you approach the nurse's office were excellent, and really fit the elementary school theme perfectly.
    That coupled with the intel scattered around really made me anxious to progress the story as well as the action.

And yeah, fingers crossed for FEAR 3. I don't know how well it sold, but the story and world definitely deserve another game.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I still shit my pants everytime I boot up an n64 game.
    Also carmageddon is AWESOME
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth: Well, you could start with getting the name right, fucker!

Cee-Dee Aaaaiiii.

edit: oh, there is a sequel of sorts to Neverhood, called Skull Monkeys. It's meant to be more of an action-y game, and I've never played it. So clearly not a real sequel, but same people, same world.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes carmageddon ROCKED
    x36,078 combo!!! PEDESTRIAN OVERKILL

i remember one time driving around a city and finding a secret football stadium with ping-pong bonus. man was i killing there xD

reminds me also of this oldy.. the originator:

quaran1.gif
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    I still shit my pants everytime I boot up an n64 game.

pilotwings 64 ftw
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    screw FEAR, Monolith needs to make another one of these:
    nolf1.jpg
    nolf2.jpg
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    neverhood06.jpg

OMG YES! I played the demo of that game, but curses country bumkin living in australia, I couldnt find it ANYWHERE!

I need to find this game!
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah if I could pick one old game to get the next-gen make-over ... it would be Carmageddon. Gah, just imagine the blood, the gore, the dynamic damage models, the explosions, the explorable environments, the super bad ass soundtrack... oh man. It would probably be too politically incorrect for today, Jack, Hillary and co would throw a tantrum over it :/
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monolith really needs to make a new shogo game. I remember playing that for fucking hours with my brother and dad on lan.
    it was insanely fun.
    augh, such good times.
    also yes, i agree on a new carmageddon;
    I think a game like that would do wonderfully, and the technology for such things is certainly becoming more realistic
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Talbot wrote: »
    My car design! w00t!

Yes, it's sexy.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would loooove a new SHOGO.

I'm not gonna hold my breath for a new Carmageddon. You can't get away with that level of comedic gore any more, and I have no faith in that kind of humor happening any more.
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    Indie love-in time!!!!

Passage - The most poignant game ever made?
    passage.png

Every Day The Same Dream
    Every-Day-The-Same-Dream.jpg

Don't Look Back
    dontlookback.jpg

Gray
    gray.jpg

Totally-Shameless-Plug-Even-Though-It's-Not-Out-Yet
    full_screen.png
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    danshewan wrote: »
    I think the school
    and the subsequent hidden research base
    is my favorite area, from an artistic standpoint. There's so much detail hidden away in the darkness, and so many little touches that are easy to miss in the thick of a firefight, but if you pay attention, it's superbly realized.
    The videos on the televisions as you approach the nurse's office were excellent, and really fit the elementary school theme perfectly.
    That coupled with the intel scattered around really made me anxious to progress the story as well as the action.

And yeah, fingers crossed for FEAR 3. I don't know how well it sold, but the story and world definitely deserve another game.

Those were the most fun areas to work on for me. The school and lab are filled with pictures of me and other monolith employees as kids. The lab is my pride and joy as i did most the art assets in it. I love the way it turned out, but i can never get myself to make it through the hospital and underground base... did a bit too much testing of those areas, now i just get flash backs of earlier versions when they were much longer.
  • danshewan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero wrote: »
    Those were the most fun areas to work on for me. The school and lab are filled with pictures of me and other monolith employees as kids. The lab is my pride and joy as i did most the art assets in it. I love the way it turned out, but i can never get myself to make it through the hospital and underground base... did a bit too much testing of those areas, now i just get flash backs of earlier versions when they were much longer.

Awesome job, man. I'd love to see some of your work on the lab as you'd display it in a portfolio, if you can show it.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Peris wrote: »
    screw FEAR, Monolith needs to make another one of these:
    nolf1.jpg
    nolf2.jpg

Oh god yes
  • bbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NOLF was pure epic-sauce, I would love to see an updated version.

Damn, now I have to find this again.