Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• MattBradley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Totally awesome Zoid! Some of the character classes seem off though, Fry should be the scout. What about Kif and Zap Branigan for soldier/medic?

Whatever, I hope you make them because the drawings are great!
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Totally awesome Zoid! Some of the character classes seem off though, Fry should be the scout. What about Kif and Zap Branigan for soldier/medic?

Whatever, I hope you make them because the drawings are great!

I disagree with this. Although Fry and Zap would fit Soldier, putting Fry in as Scout would remove Amy from the team. Also Fry isn't very athletic while Amy is known to work out regularly (Episodes Why Must I be a Crustacean in Love? and Raging Bender). Kif might be a good replacement for Medic but I think Dr. Wernstrom is fine.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I think you should bulk up Leela's armor just so she has a more "heavy" silhouette and shape, some big shoulder pads could be enough, but everything else is 110% awesome.
  • DoomTay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DoomTay polycounter lvl 12
    Crack-a-poof!
    hat.png
    Yes, this is something for TF2. Points to whoever can tell what this is based on.

I might rework the ear. It seems to look hard-molded when this is supposed to be a cloth beanie.
  • JoshuaC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshuaC polycounter lvl 13
    Another model done!

Commander_Promo.png

CommanderPromo.png
  • Mutated
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do hope you submitted that. That is wonderful.
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...Josh...Well done...Well done indeed...
  • Enthusiast of Tea
    Joshua - little bug, world model of that (sweet as hell) Pistol on Scoot is correct, but wievmodel is bugged, i still see regular Pistol. On Engie it's correct.

Same thing with ye shotty gun, engie has correct both world and view models, but anuzha classes only world.

Fixit nao :O
  • JoshuaC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshuaC polycounter lvl 13
    I include a readme with the models I release. Did you read it for both models?

The Commander will only work with the scout if you've got the Lugermorph. This is due to Valve still using the v_model for the scout's pistol, rather than the c_model.
  • Enthusiast of Tea
    Awww... Me bad troll D:

And shootie gunne? :(
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshuaC wrote: »
    The Commander will only work with the scout if you've got the Lugermorph. This is due to Valve still using the v_model for the scout's pistol, rather than the c_model.

Any chance that you will compile it for the v_model, or maybe have someone else do it? That pistol is gorgeous but I was really hoping for it with the scout. I'd be happy if you at least thought about it, cause this is easily my favorite pistol replacement anyone has made.
  • doomc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Plan A:76591550.jpg
    Plan B:13436059.jpg
    My idea was to have a sentry sapping throwing knife, but I'm coming to the conclusion my first model is too long to be plausible.
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Doomc

Where/how exactly does, or would he hold it? The model looks good so far, but I feel that I can't give any feedback if I don't completely understand the model.
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doom, not only the fact that isn't plausible, if you;re deciding to hand this in as a contribution, they'll think you're bat-shit crazy.

Anywho, if you do what to go through with this, might I suggest a smaller throwable knife, that has aligator clips that run along and attach towards a handheld sapper device that the Spy would have to carry around after he throws the knife?
  • doomc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishop wrote: »
    Doom, not only the fact that isn't plausible, if you;re deciding to hand this in as a contribution, they'll think you're bat-shit crazy.

Anywho, if you do what to go through with this, might I suggest a smaller throwable knife, that has aligator clips that run along and attach towards a handheld sapper device that the Spy would have to carry around after he throws the knife?
    That's a good idea, but if you give the spy something that cool the rest of tf2 classes brains will explode. Another problem I saw is a spy switching from a knife to another knife(lame), so I'll just come up with a new model. Maybe a mechanical bug you throw at sentry's or something.

But I do like the actual knife by itself, so it might be okay for a sniper upgrade.
  • selentic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More props for a mapping buddy.

Lighthouse_Release.jpg
  • blinky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everyone, first time poster and first time modeller, here :)

I was lurking through this topic looking at all the cool hats, and I came up with a great idea when I saw that somebody slapped on an astronaut's helmet onto a Pyro: what might actually happen, if the Pyro wanted to be an astronaut?

The idea is that he'd put a goldfish bowl over his or her head, of course ! So I'm thinking that it'll be an ordinary goldfish bowl, but the execution will be sloppy so it will sit lopsided on his or her head. The bowl will probably be a little stained from gravel sitting at the bottom, and maybe he or she took a marker and drew some stars on it. Here's a little mock-up of what I'm going for (pardon my artistic ability :) )

sVyiI.png

I was playing around with the idea of having a fish swimming around, or maybe water inside, but I think that'd be a bit too busy for the game.

So any way, please let me hear ideas or criticisms ! I'm excited to try something new here and want to make sure I'm not starting off on the wrong foot :)
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doomc wrote: »
    That's a good idea, but if you give the spy something that cool the rest of tf2 classes brains will explode. Another problem I saw is a spy switching from a knife to another knife(lame), so I'll just come up with a new model. Maybe a mechanical bug you throw at sentry's or something.

But I do like the actual knife by itself, so it might be okay for a sniper upgrade.

Lame, sure, sure. But think about the ability to kill and sap at the same time? Correctly aimed, and the sentry would go down along with the enige...Muahahahahaha!!

On another note, keeping the model for the sniper would work. And if you ever wanna go back to the sapper idea...MAKE A TAZZOR!
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blinky wrote: »

What you are wanting to do seems rather too difficult to do for a first time modeler, I would try easier things, which is what I'm doing right now to start out. If you think you are up to the challenge, go for it, but from a first-timer to a first-timer, my advice would be to start smaller.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blinky wrote: »

I was lurking through this topic looking at all the cool hats, and I came up with a great idea when I saw that somebody slapped on an astronaut's helmet onto a Pyro: what might actually happen, if the Pyro wanted to be an astronaut?

The idea is that he'd put a goldfish bowl over his or her head, of course ! So I'm thinking that it'll be an ordinary goldfish bowl, but the execution will be sloppy so it will sit lopsided on his or her head. The bowl will probably be a little stained from gravel sitting at the bottom, and maybe he or she took a marker and drew some stars on it. Here's a little mock-up of what I'm going for (pardon my artistic ability :) )

sVyiI.png

I was playing around with the idea of having a fish swimming around, or maybe water inside, but I think that'd be a bit too busy for the game.

So any way, please let me hear ideas or criticisms ! I'm excited to try something new here and want to make sure I'm not starting off on the wrong foot :)

For a first-time modeler I don't think it would be too difficult for you to do, as long as you know how to texture and use transparency you should be fine. I actually thought of doing a fish bowl with water in it but I have no idea how to use fluids in the Source engine so that idea was shot down rather quick :D
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The modeling bit would be easy with the use of enough tutorials scattered around youtube and on this thread, he could manage it. Using jigglebones to animate the waterflow and physics for the fish is the challenge.
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The modeling bit would be easy with the use of enough tutorials scattered around youtube and on this thread, he could manage it. Using jigglebones to animate the waterflow and physics for the fish is the challenge.

That was what I was referring to, the modeling shouldn't be too hard.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    willy-wilson polycounter lvl 8
    HOW TO CONTRIBUTE: Click here to get all the files you'll need to contribute to your own TF2 hats or items! And head on over here to read all about TF: Contribute!

*End ninja-admin edit*

well instead of clogging up the WAYWO thread i thought ide make a place for people to show off there TF2 hats or other models for the new TF2 contribute page.

heres some im working on

pyrofishy.png
    sniperhat.png
    pyroribbon.png

what's everyone else working on?

First post in the thread, and yes im still working on it...
  • Sharc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7
    Still got that awesome polycount pack stuff you made Willy? I'd love to see that stuff in a future community update.
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc wrote: »
    Still got that awesome polycount pack stuff you made Willy? I'd love to see that stuff in a future community update.

Yup im actually trying to finish the red textures so i can submit, i have the helmet left... the hydrant on the other hand is kinda on the rocks with me.

Ill probly only end up submitting the bucket though

Capture-51.png
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bucket hat ftw. :):):) Why don't you make the handle under his chin though and make it JIGGLE!?
  • willy-wilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bucket hat ftw. :):):) Why don't you make the handle under his chin though and make it JIGGLE!?

I tried that but it makes the handle look funny because its all stretched out to fit around the massive neck
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Capture-51.png

That is a beautiful bucket :)
  • IdleTard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showed it almost a month ago. Have been working on and off in the UV all this time and finally finished it.

Just a simple AO map baked on a plain gray texture, but it's finally done and in-game.

Now, to get the texture done!

1zvtput.jpg
  • Sharky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, that minigun looks great! Any ideas for a texture?
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That minigun looks like a mean sonuvabitch :D
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It makes me kinda sad that a lot of the detail on that mini-gun will go unnoticed/unseen.
    good luck with the texture, looking forward to it.
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    IdleTard wrote: »
    Showed it almost a month ago. Have been working on and off in the UV all this time and finally finished it.

Just a simple AO map baked on a plain gray texture, but it's finally done and in-game.

Now, to get the texture done!

That gun looks amazing, I can't wait to see it colored. Mabe the handle part in the back by his right hand is a little simplified compared to the rest of the model. I forget what part of the minigun you actually see, but if it's up close, I don't think a little extra detail there to make it less blocky would hurt at all. :)
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with Chemical Alia on the handle detail. Also I think that the gun would look good with some added weight, so to speak, on the back side. Right now it seems very front heavy, so I think that would be a welcome change, but it seems a little late to do that now, and it looks great regardless.
  • Sharc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharc polycounter lvl 7
    Yup im actually trying to finish the red textures so i can submit, i have the helmet left... the hydrant on the other hand is kinda on the rocks with me.

Ill probly only end up submitting the bucket though

It's looking pretty awesome, especially if the fire safety badge is also included.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    I tried that but it makes the handle look funny because its all stretched out to fit around the massive neck

On this subject, maybe you could make the entire bucket do a rigid jiggle so it looks like it's bouncing up and down on his/her head as he/she walks since there's not really a tight grip between the bucket and his/her head.
  • Sharky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am new to modelling and have decided to start work on a hat, but I have no idea how to open up a .mdl file in 3dsmax so I can scale my hat. Help!
  • Tehrasha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tehrasha polycounter lvl 11
    Sharky wrote: »
    I am new to modelling and have decided to start work on a hat, but I have no idea how to open up a .mdl file in 3dsmax so I can scale my hat. Help!

See the first post in this thread under :: HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
    This will get you the smd files for all of the player classes.

If you want see an existing hat or misc item, you will have to decompile the .mdl files and import the resulting .smd
  • Sharky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tehrasha wrote: »
    See the first post in this thread under :: HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
    This will get you the smd files for all of the player classes.

If you want see an existing hat or misc item, you will have to decompile the .mdl files and import the resulting .smd
    Thank you!
  • Sharky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okay, I got my hat on the pyro and I need to know how to use jiggle physics for the back of the hat. (also, feel free to crit, Im a first-time modeler)
    pyrowithhat.jpg
  • Tehrasha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tehrasha polycounter lvl 11
    Sharky wrote: »
    okay, I got my hat on the pyro and I need to know how to use jiggle physics for the back of the hat. (also, feel free to crit, Im a first-time modeler)

I am in the same boat as you.
    Ive got the hat modeled, just no clue how/where to attach the bip_head and jigglebones.

Edit: I managed to get the bip_head done and got it in game.
    Now I have to finish the texture and learn jigglebones.

pyro_dragon.jpg
  • Simski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is really cool, and you'd probably get a lot of downloads if you put it up on a mod website.
    Sadly I just think that since it covers his face, it will both make his "face" less recognizable, and it will mess up when coupled with misc items.
  • Sharky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay well, added bones to my model, but I have no idea how to make them jiggle :(. anybody care to help with this?
  • Karkasmolenklok
    Commando looks great, loving the texture.
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made this Warhammer 40K styled knife for the sniper:

KnifeWIP.jpg?t=1282271681

I've been working on this stickkybomb launcher replacement, however I've encountered MANY problems. The ao bake screwed up in placement thus skewing all the texture, which is why it looks odd/ messy in some places. The model still needs editing, then I need to fix the texture/ along with making it less shiny. But I also have a bigger problem... His left hand is missing in the animations -_- When I compile it, it's either that or there is no charging animation. ugh.. maybe someone who isn't a new modeler can help me.

stickygunWIP.jpg?t=1282271681
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well other than the AO problem, are you sure you got the right weapon changed? Because I'm pretty sure the Scottish Rebellion uses only 1 hand. That could be your problem. If that's not the case, when you compiled it, you might have missed something with the arm and misplaced the posistion of the hand, resulting in the loss of the left arm for the .mdl files. Try it, happened to me once, even though it was a test run.
  • RedSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I know I replaced the correct model, and the hand still is in the proper place, yet it still doesn't appear when I reload.
    To give the whole story, I compiled it first making it use animations from the normal copied mdl file. When that was in-game everything was fine accept when you clicked/click-hold the gun would disappear and re-appear when you let go and shot.
    So after a couple recompiles I decided to try to make it use animations from a reanimated stickybomb launcher (I'm new so I assumed you could) and it all worked except for his left hand was missing.

I might scrap it cause I stink anyway, but I'll try a couple more things.
  • Bishop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ohh, I'm not so sure about that then. I can make tf2 models and such, but I don't do it often so I've only ever encountered one problem on my first attempt. So you really would need someone more experienced to explain.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    did you skin the weapon to the exact same bones than the original grenade launcher ?