Home Contests & Challenges Archives Low Poly Challenge

LPC vol2 #2 - action film - heros & baddies

Replies

• cycloverid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cycloverid polycounter lvl 15
    So cool how Zwebbie's actually looks in-game. Yours too Xaltar!

A surprising amount of entries. If I hadn't gotten an art test during the final stretch, I would have been able to elaborate on the strange humor I had intended with Alan Grant. Now, you guys might never know! A great learning experience regardless.

Congrats all.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Great finish Ben! I love how you did the lighting for the beauty shot, it's really well presented.
    You definitely gave me a lot of inspiration for my own presentation shots.
    Awesome job.

Thanks guys, but there actually isn't any lighting. It's a full bright screen grab, and then an "inner shadow" layer effect, set to bright blue, screen mode, and then set to disappear based on the lower layers darkness (so as not to light the shadows). Then I collapsed it with an empty layer and masked it away from the bottom and anywhere it destroyed the texture. This is the only way I could get smooth "lighting" that respected the texture.

Good finish for everyone, Love yours Duncan and Zwebbie.

Brad, I think you made the face too narrow for a proper likeness, and you left out the volume of the cheekbones and tissue around the mouth. Also from this angle his back sleeve looks like a poochy tummy. You also went to black too quickly on a lot of the details. Just because something is a groove doesn't mean it will go to 0,0,0 black. Vary your shadow darkness. I like the level of detail you managed to work into the texture res.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    well done to everyone who made it. I've locked up the thread now and vote will be up shortly
This discussion has been closed.