• elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Hah, what did you expect? Them to be on time? I think these guys and valve have a lot in common. They both use the hype to build up response and then release. Whether or not they do that intentionally I have no idea, but it works IMO.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
    UPDATE 9/8:

We are working to release 3.5 for the PC as quickly as possible. Last minute issues arose which forced the delay, and we are working overtime to correct this. The launch could happen at any time.

Once the launch has taken place, please wait two business days before contacting Pixologic to inquire about not having received an upgrade link. As stated below, links will be sent out in batches and it may take a couple days for them all to be sent. We have updated the instructions below to reflect the new schedule. Please do not follow the original schedule to contact Pixologic regarding your upgrade status! Inquiring before the launch has happened, or within two business days of launch will not speed anything up. It will in fact slow us down.

We appreciate your support of Pixologic, and ask for just a bit more patience while we work to provide you with the most polished ZBrush 3.5 possible. :)
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    Yeah, and they erase messages, and modify the content of angry users post (i don't even know if its legal).

They even removed the "The launch could happen at any time." line a few minutes after the publishing of the announcement, as if they were removing any indication of time of release because they have absolutely no fu**ing idea when it will be.

I say this 3.5 is not gonna come out soon, i feel it.

The shame
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    lulz at the legality quote > you agreed to a pretty short EULA when you registered

"The owners of ZBrushCentral reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Pixologic delays free expansion, millions of users rights have been violated.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    it shall be released on 12/22/2012 :)
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    lulz at the legality quote > you agreed to a pretty short EULA when you registered

"The owners of ZBrushCentral reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Pixologic delays free expansion, millions of users rights have been violated.
    Justin:

I don't know one way or the other if this is legal or not (the removal of posts or false advertising, or whatever the legality question in fact is). However, this I DO know for a fact, because the company I used to work for did it all the time.

Just because you disclaim something doesn't mean you've actually changed the law or abdicated responsibility. You see places all the time that have signs which indicate "we arent responsible for lost or stolen goods" etc but in fact, in many states or counties...they legally are. Sign or not. But its not illegal for businesses to place the signs, even if the information they relay is false. Its a psychological buffer for companies to make these kinds of declarations, true or not. It is illegal to make false claims when advertising, but you can lie your ass off with signage mis-informing people of their rights if you are a business owner.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not even going to argue, people rage quitting over the delay of an update they are getting free is pure spoiled brat tantrums. If I want to upgrade my copy of Mudbox I gotta fork out 700 bux, chew on that babies.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    People that are pissed about an update that will be given to them free ( along with every update since the beggining ) need to relax. Nuff said....

Spark
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wow. why are people this pissed off about this? It's not like your current zbrush can't do the work you have been doing for years. It's a free update. Calm the hell down. Issues arose and they are fixing them so you aren't tearing up their boards with

"OMG BBQ ZBRUSH KILLED MY FUCKING DOG MODEL I WAS DOING AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU RELEASED THIS PILE OF STEAMING DOG SHIT UPON US. WHY DIDN'T YOU TEST THIS?"

Calm down. It will get here soon.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snap... i didn't realize people were actually pissed about this... good gravy... i thought this was all just playful banter about their notorious release date extensions....

it's pixologic........... makers of awesome free shit for a one time base price... *sigh*.....
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the pissyness is on the Pixologic forms, Polycount has been cool cuz they fear my pimp hand.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    lmao I wonder how bad it would be to say the update is no longer free :), than I could understand the beotchin. Spoiled much, yes sir, no shame!
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, for the legal part, i don't know where you live, but in lot of countries the eula is worth nothing. As for changing the content of a post without the consent of the owner of the post (the content, not the support) i don't know if it can be sued under a prejudice motive.

Anyway its not my point here, what irritates me is all the people claiming that because this update is free (I don't know if its free, its like having one chocolate bar if you buy two, ok you don't buy the third but the price is set by the seller to cover the cost).

And first of all, i'm not complaining about the fact the release is late, but more because pixologic is making announcement that is harmful to competition with the obvious fact they have no intention to honour them.

Zb3.5 was set to be released in 2008, never happend.
    Zb 4.0 was announced for end of august, was postponed to end of september.
    Z3.5 announced for end of august, postoned to first week of september, we are now in the second week and the "Release can happen anytime" is gone, stating the obvious: zb 3.5 will not be released soon.

Now the question is: Is it ok to be perfectly fine with recurrent announcements for almost one year that keeps getting pushed back knowing that your software is absolutely not ready to be released (remember 3.5 was to be released last year and is not yet ready) ?
    I'm sorry but its starting to get annoying.

I bought zbrush last week because i felt it was time for me to reward pixologic (i was using a copy that was lent to me by my company previously), i was not buying zb3.1 since i already have it, i was buying zb 3.5, the SOON TO BE RELEASED version.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I picked up Zbrush and Mudbox at the same time. I'm stuck with Mudbox 1 because I'm not going to pay another $700 to upgrade my copy yet I'm at version 3.1 for zbrush without having to pay a dime.

the candy bar comparison doesn't make sense, it's more like buying a camera and getting the newest model for free when it comes out.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the pissyness is on the Pixologic forms, Polycount has been cool cuz they fear my pimp hand.

ahhhhh, yes... the pimp hand... :poly129:
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I picked up Zbrush and Mudbox at the same time. I'm stuck with Mudbox 1 because I'm not going to pay another $700 to upgrade my copy yet I'm at version 3.1 for zbrush without having to pay a dime.

the candy bar comparison doesn't make sense, it's more like buying a camera and getting the newest model for free when it comes out.

The problem is, the price is the same on the new and the last model... So the chocolate bar applies... at least so far.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that's why I'm not a mod, some say the pimp hand is too severe. Plus I act like a fuckwit most of the time.

Beat: We estimate testing will end shortly and ZBrush 3.5 will be available as a free update to all Windows registered users this coming week.

Buyer Beware, you were more familiar with the trend of Pixologic missing release dates yet you still purchased zbrush thinking they've changed their act around. Honestly, the "loaned" copy of zbrush sounds a bit shady to me so welcome to the land of legality. If Pixologic does a 180 and announces they're going to charge you for the 3.5 then yeah, that's false advertising, right now they are only guilty of bad estimation.
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AHha, i knew you would say that about the copy. Nevermind. And I didn't buy it last week in fact i lost track of time, but i'm not the only one, I bought it exactly the 28th august. So yeah I still tought they would be releasing it soon. I said soon, because i know of pixologic history about delays...

And about their bad estimation, what I say, you estimate to be able to deliver a finished product last quarter 2008 and you can still not deliver it on september the next year ?
    I guess we could say they have an incompetent project leader then, or a genious marketing department.
    Judging their features video I would say second option...
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18

it's true. we totally do. it's a very large hand with spikes.

and lasers.

and sharks.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I'm just bugged by the tease. They do it so well. They know just how to dangle it in front of us.

"Look at these fancy new features!"
    "Do you want them?"
    "Do you reeeeaallly want them??"

"We're going to give them too you, soon."

"Actually, changed out minds, you can't have them!" :poly130:
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    and threads like this keep pushing the hype even more ;) I like software update news and such but what I hate is obvious and cheesy marketing
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    The fact that they put up all the new tutorials on Zclassroom says to me that they really did think that it was a release candidate. It's a complicated monster of an app these days, not a big surprise that they ran into a couple of show-stopping bugs at the last minute.

The hype is working on me though : can't wait to try the new Zpheres.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    renderhjs wrote: »
    and threads like this keep pushing the hype even more ;) I like software update news and such but what I hate is obvious and cheesy marketing

QFT

At first I was like "god DAMMIT!!"

Then I was I all "why all the rage?"

Now I'm "Meh"
  • venain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    venain polycounter lvl 12
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but there are new vids in the zclassroom area of the hard surface brushes, looks quite nifty.

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/
  • Unleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unleashed polycounter lvl 19
    wow the backtrack stuff looks just like slicing off a block of clay or cheese using a piece of wire
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    move tools looked really neat-o
  • praxedes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those new brushes for hard surfacing are the fave feature for me, along with goZ- Zspheres II...we'll see :) But there are soooo many cables, wire and other small surface detailing that I've been using extrude along curves in maya that I could now just draw on- awesome! can't wait to get me email from pixo!

~P~

PS although the ply count on some of those objects to get that detailing is scary high for that approach to work across a whole character or object..
  • elvis75k
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    woot!

now the long wait for the email....
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    Got the e-mail. I can't get the activation page at register.pixologic.com to load though. Just sits there spinning in its wheels.
  • adamlewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That went surprisingly smoothly. Got the email, completed the activation, and now it's all ready to go.

Hope the rest of you all get yours in a short while.
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Got mine :D
    I was kinda bummed out that there wasn't an installer though...i like to fill my registry :P

Just having a bash at it now :D
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adamlewis wrote: »
    That went surprisingly smoothly. Got the email, completed the activation, and now it's all ready to go.

Hope the rest of you all get yours in a short while.

I received my activation file after an hour of screwing around waiting for the page to load, running firefox, then running IE. Now I place the activation file they've sent me in the zbrush folder and it still says not activated next time I run.

I'm confused. This is not smooth at all on my end.

The phone bank is full too. Can't talk to anyone.
  • adamlewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie, after you put the activation file in the Zbrush folder you'll need to go back through the activation dialog windows to complete the process. At some point you will be met with an option to "Proceed" and verify the activation file. After that you should be good to go.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Wow yea everyone is hitting their servers hard it seems shit went down, god damn!
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy smokes.... that noise IS down... KA-CHONG!
  • Junkie_XL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adamlewis wrote: »
    Junkie, after you put the activation file in the Zbrush folder you'll need to go back through the activation dialog windows to complete the process. At some point you will be met with an option to "Proceed" and verify the activation file. After that you should be good to go.

So Pixologic sent me a long string activation code that they say will work only one time. With or without dashes that isn't working either. I have so many different activation files sent to me with a slightly different file size now too.

This is teh arse biscuits.

It seems when you click web, or email, or phone it wants to send out a slightly different request code. I have so many different request codes flying back and forth I'm not sure which matches up with all the different activation files they have sent back to me. And I'm not sure which of those files I need to use the long string activation code they sent.

Nothing works, every activation fails. I just fail. Can't redownload the original .zip either to start over.

What a bunch of fuck on a stick. :thumbdown: lol

I might as well wait for paradox or some other group to make some sense of this mess...
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    How's the lightbox thing?
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Waiting for IT to give us the registration nonsense, but have the client. TT
  • adamlewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie, have you seen this thread on ZbrushCentral?

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=606276#post606276

One of the administrators posted steps for people having trouble with activation. Here they are in full:

1. Delete the .zsc file that you installed from the email.
    2. Disable your antivirus software.
    3. Launch ZBrush and do the web activation again. After you fill out the form again the system will recognize that this computer has previously been activated and ask if you'd like to have the key resent. Say yes.
    4. On the new page, you'll see the activation key listed. Copy it.
    5. Back in ZBrush, click the option to use the activation key. Paste it in.
    6. You should now be up and running, and can turn your antivirus on again.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does anyone know whether I can have both 3.1 and 3.5 at once? I remember that someone was talking about having 3.0 and 3.1 on a machine, so I´m wondering whether it´s possible with 3.1 and 3.5 and how? Just install it again into another directory? Doesn´t it give any license (or better said activation) problems? thx
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can have both. Zb3.5 is a zip file containing the application, you jsut extract it in program files (its a zBrush 3.5 folder), activate, activate, activate (its not working well ahaha) and you can go.

And i must say it, its beyond my expectations so far. I think i will do a lot less base mesh now.
  • iatriki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So what are the first impressions from the people who got their zb emails? Does zb run smooth? is it stable?
  • Schultzie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Schultzie polycounter lvl 13
    It does run pretty smooth. I've got a ZTool that has 6 subtools and is a little over 7 million polys and it runs a lot smoother than it did in 3.1.
  • ghost-d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano wrote: »
    You can have both. Zb3.5 is a zip file containing the application, you jsut extract it in program files (its a zBrush 3.5 folder), activate, activate, activate (its not working well ahaha) and you can go.

And i must say it, its beyond my expectations so far. I think i will do a lot less base mesh now.

Thanks, BeatKitano. I´m glad I can have those sepparately just in case something was messed up in 3.5 for me.

Schultzie - Good to hear. I hope it will run a bit smoother also for me. I have only 1gb+512mb ram, so I could use a little more performance.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c'mon guys! Where's all these pimp creations with the new tools! Get over to the speed model thread pronto!
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not gonna lie, now that i have it, i am kinda riled. THey changed the brush system substantially and im having a hard time getting the flatten to work as it did in 3.1. This is exactly the same thing that happened with mudbox 1->next update. fuckfuckfuck
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone else starts raging about flatten brush, set the brush depth sampes to .75. its same as it was in 3.1 ythen =))
  • uneditablepoly
    I really like it, I just got it. The new ZSpheres are amazing. Great results right off the bat!