Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

mech pilot gurl

Replies

• Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    hehe, the mech is a lie... still haven't done any concentrated hard surface mech practice so i imagine i'd do as badly now as i was doing when i started this >_<

but i gotta say once you get into the cs4 projection stuff, it's really cool. More or less identicle to what you can do in photoshop normally, except with 3d projection (convenient! =D)

Anyway, here's a half assed update, fixed up my seams in a couple of seconds, got my spec map in there... working out the arm tatt laid out flat so i can project it on the arm as i rotate the mesh around... not gonna be able to go back to regular texture painting.
    oh and gotta redo my smoothing groups to export my meshes into unreal (they always get lost along the way ;_;)

8FtSpider: hehe, haven't seen that before, looks like my kinda webcomic ^^

projecshun.jpg

15b.jpg
  • Philly13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza, awesome character really like where its going :) Can I ask how you preview it in the last picture, is it Marmoset? Wondered how you got that nice soft lighting set up on it :)
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Philly13: cheers man. and marmo fo teh win! :)
    all i've been using so far. can't wait to try udk for the first time tho, looks like some really cool stuff up in there (lightmaaaaassss!!!)

did a quick 20 min head sculpt for some reason (think i just read about ga.org's new 3d mini)... now i wanna make a female... somthing... pilot... :shifty:

head16-pic01a.jpg
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    I'd hit it fer sure. She has a serious case of asian ass, though (and I say this as an asian myself). Love the little details like the anklet. Bag turned out really nice. I wonder if it'd make more sense to be slung further backwards, though. Like so it's resting on her ass/at the small of her back. That's usually where I end up slinging my bag if I need to run or move quickly (might just be me, though). Only shame about that is it'd hide the awesome sculpting you did in that area.

New sculpt looks really nice, too.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotekk: hehe, asian ass :P was thinking the same on the bag thing, ill try fiddling with the verts and rotating it around her a leetle bit and see how it goes ^^ cheers man

just tried some unreal stuff and it's kinda cool but also different. Mixed results with lightmass so far, actually digging the marmo setup more tbh (even with it's lack of more than one light). Might take some experimenting to get used to it

15c.jpg
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    looking awesome dude, melbourne represent
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Excellent.
    Your best character yet! Be proud!!