Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

AILA - DEMO

Replies

• Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drachis polycounter lvl 9
    Got the first pass on the textures done on the foreground building, going to work on refining the specular and normal passes in the morning.

Facade_01.jpg

Thanks for the feedback zero, I'll add more rust to the metal to make it feel like it belongs in the scene.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    onetru wrote: »
    tilebuilding.jpg
    phase2 :)

The cloth seems like it has too much of a painted feel to it. Darken it down.
  • Tyrone Evans Clark INC.
  • GusandoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GusandoX polycounter lvl 12
  • Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got most of the level meshed out for class today... some assets never came in so there is more repetition than I would like... but its as close to done as I will be pushing it for this group project.
    Port_02.jpg
    most of the level is blocked in, except the boardwalk and a couple of minor assets all around.

Invasion received a week extension, but I'm going to go work on my Dominance War entry and let the team finish this scene up.
  • GusandoX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GusandoX polycounter lvl 12
    was not able to get it in the engine yet. quick render in max with a light.hearth05.jpg
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    Drachis wrote: »
    Invasion received a week extension, but I'm going to go work on my Dominance War entry and let the team finish this scene up.

Can't let them have all the fun, Dominance isn't for a grade, this one is! Have any close ups on those models and textures?
  • Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As per your request rdmlegend some asset shots / textures. The scene is constructed mostly from a the frame works and a broken up version of the foreground building facade with a few other assets scattered about.A couple of the assets were pulled from previous projects to fill visual holes (rocks, tree).

Textures
    Material Orbs
    Assets

If you would like to see the nodes of any material , or a close up of a particular item just say and I will post it up. The pink BSP areas are a missing boardwalk asset.
    The foreground hut uses a single 1k map, it was constructed with the camera distance of the screen shot in mind
    Asset_Shot_01.jpg

This is one of the mid-ground buildings it was built in engine from elements broken from the foregrounds house over a frame work. The framework is using a distorted version of the rope texture.
    Asset_Shot_02.jpg

Background building constructed with the same method.
    Asset_Shot_03.jpg

The terrain is the unreal terrain using two materials blended for effect. The buildings were assembled and then instanced around using prefabs to speed up scene creation, this resulted in a bit more repetition than initially desired.
    Asset_Shot_04.jpg
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    What are your limitations as far as tri count, texture size and so on. Right now there's a couple pieces that look like they could be broken into smaller ones, and the textures feel a little blurry. Not sure if it was said before. =p
  • Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The scene comes in at about 300k, and the textures are being mip-mapped by the editor at the moment, there are no negative levels of detail set as far as I can remember. So yea things are blury... but by proper render time things should be cleaned up.

The comp had the same limitations as the Unearthly Challenge, I think, it was never stated explicitly.
  • professorXXX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone...not sure if you remember...but I am doing a Zbrush FightClub in 228 at Thurs at 9

Today the topic the class picked was " radioactive toxic sea cucumber "..this is what i got...I did it in about 2 hours and spent the next 2 tweaking presentation.

Show up if you wanna learn some zbrush and have some fun!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO SEE WHAT NICK DID:)

http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=138577
  • Snight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    haha love it Nick, especially the giant saucer nipples and hoof crotch, sweet stuff! :)

Drachis: Why does the wood in your scene have such a bright specular and the metal has close to null in some places?
  • Drachis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The wood has so much bloom because the scene light is cranked to 5 and the diffuse of the wood is really bright, the the low spec on the metal was tuned to help make the metals feel more worn down. The wood material was very last min and is using the same texture as the rope, so it did not get a proper balancing.