Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
  • Daven
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    You're a machine! Seriously cool stuff. What made you want to work with ink in the first place?
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [demonplay]
    A really unique style, your sketches have a really dynamic feeling to them, in both the execution and composition which is what I like.
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    @Daven: haha, thx. what got me into using inks?, not really sure exactly when or what, but I remember just wanting to work with a medium that was traditional, but that I could use as if it were digital. I arrived at inks by sheer process of elimination, which included looking for a surface to work on that didnt curl or tear when subjected to layers of water/ink. I've kind of spoiled myself now because I don't like working on any other paper than Yupo Blue. No other paper that I've tried has its smoothness and durability when it comes to layering wet media and the various tools I use. but I wont bore you with my life story, lol...hope that was a good enough answer.

@Kinetic: thank you, much appreciated. I'll definitely do my best to help you out, though I'm still learning myself. I'll tell you what I know and see, lol

@[demonplay]: I mostly gravitate to and take pleasure in seeing other artists who have a highly dynamic style, mood and energy. Its good to know that I've been able to achieve some of that with my own work, thx

here is a sketch I did while at starbucks today...way too much coffee, hard to sketch steady when my hands are shaking from caffeine surges, lol.
    - - -
    qYgLj.jpg
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    made this sketch while watching a shark documentary on mute, and listening to a documentary on space, aliens and the universe...scanned with a few photoshop tweaks.
    - - -
    UYXVK.jpg
  • Elijah
    This stuff if awesome!! I dunno why you're here though, you should send this stuff in to Hi Fructose and become a fine artist. :D Totally dope!
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    @ Elijah: lol, thx man. I just might submit a few things to Hi Fructose...

Been away for a bit working and focusing on some other projects, figured I'd start posting a couple here.

this one is a cover concept for a short story series I'm working on.
    - - -
    vvFH7bY.jpg
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    Working on some fun outrageous ideas about a 3 Stooges ReMake and what it would be if it were done by Michael Bay...lol.

It's the year 2030, the world has been devastated by the zombie apocalypse, 2 alien invasions, and the release of "Transformers 6 in 4D", which was followed by an actual killer robot uprising. The last hope for mankind rests on the shoulders of 3 forgotten heroes...The Stooges!

Here is Moe, think Rambo meets Raiden. He was bitten by a zombie, but stole some tech from one alien species that allows him to control the mutation as long as he consumes the blood from the other alien species. He has the power to regenerate (unless he loses his head), and he can shoot electricity from his eyes and hands (happens at random after eating an alien)...
    - - -
    FD1fAg8.jpg
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    Here are some coffee shop doodles. 5min each not total...just trying to hasten my process and have fun at the same time.
    - - -
    vlzUz7Q.jpg

ZxxWaln.jpg

SINyxQC.jpg
  • W1r3d
    Offline / Send Message
    W1r3d polycounter lvl 17
    Really suggestive art. I like it. Makes the brain search for the shapes and what the images are all about. Very inspiring.
  • L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    Well, It's been a very very long time since I've posted here. Life has been a fickle and crazy thing. Anywho, to the art!

I've actually been doing some zbrush sculpting and sketching out of neccessity for creating the miniatures for my boardgame that Im designing...more on that in a sec. Just wanted to post some of the sculpts Ive been working on, and to reconnect with this forum really. As always crits and comms are welcome!
    - - -
    This first guy is for my boardgame called Voidlands, which Ive just launched a kickstarter for...I started with a kitbashed base that I made and purchased from Hero Forge, then went at it with details and some new elements I wanted to add.

• L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    Also...shameless kickstarter plug coming up, lol

If you are into boardgames and or D&D then check out my game, its got a massive amount of both and I've spent the better part of 2 years creating it so far. I've just done a demo at Dragon's Lair here in Austin TX and Ive got a few more planned. Meanwhile, the kickstarter campaign is underway. Hope you all enjoy!
    - - -
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324883367/voidlands?ref=discovery&term=voidlands&fbclid=IwAR0TDep4wOdil3H7LxKisHIgkNoH4Vpr4d_mQFP4svESr4Ubbf6eWSytXDs 
    - - -

• L
    Offline / Send Message
    L polycounter lvl 11
    And one more....this is one of the monsters from my game that Im currently sculpting. You may have noticed these miniatures...I have been printing them out myself with 2 Anycubic Photon UV Resign Printers. Cheers!
    - - -