Home Stickies

[P&P] - What Are You Working On? 2009 Edition!

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Will his fingers be able to fit in the holes on the handle jam?
  • michi.be
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michi.be polycounter lvl 17
    Cody, is this the Arche Noah?
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    kite, soo sharp!
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    nrek: he's already in-game.. I'll post pics when I finish the whole thing

and btw.. maybe I should create a tf2 lightwarp mod.. should have known about these ramptextures earlier :poly142:

I like the default setting . but maybe it's possible to create 2-3 cool new ramps .. we'll see...

test1
    tf2_new_lw.jpg
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    michi.be wrote: »
    Cody, is this the Arche Noah?

Haha, no, slightly smaller. I now officially hate modeling boats. :)
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Almost done, was a good practise. Next time I need to add more surface detail or it ends up a bit plastic eh?

How do you guys manage good skin details on the diffuse?

86526848.jpg
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    jam-i-am wrote: »
    hey guys did some more work on my gungrave entry. go easy on the gun crits, I'm not as proficient at hard surface models.

sweet stuff! you have just convinced me that you are the new "gun guy" hope you had fun doing that , because i see a lot of it in your future. ;)
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    nrek wrote: »
    Just finished my statue sculpt.

finalsculpt.jpg
    Nice work but the back of her heel looks huge/abnormal & I can see the pose is a graceful one so she's supposed to be slender but I feel she could do with much more skinny arms and legs to really show it off.
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for the crits guys, I will get to work on fixing the neck and heel for sure. Im not sure about the arms and legs though, they were thinner originally but they didn't seem to fit. I will mess with it.

@ jam-i-am - Great work with his face man. The gun looks pretty sweet as well, but I have the same thought as blenderhead. Would his fingers fit into the trigger gaurd?

@ rollin - That would awesome dude, I love the extra punch your tweaks add to the character.
  • s0id3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    s0id3 polycounter lvl 8
    practice sculpting a head...based of Alison Carroll
    Alison_Carroll_Zbrush.jpg
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artmachine: Thanks im flattered

Kite: beautiful haha he looks so dissaproving

Rollin: these are great, love the shader

Nrek: nice work man! traditional sculpture in digital is very interesting!

-Woog
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Rocketeer02.jpg

No diffuse or spec really painted yet but normal and AO rendered out from max. Some tweaking still needed....
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Bit more work on Mystique. Arms still need work, hands are pretty much untouched, but the rest is getting close to done on the highpoly. Gonna try a ZBrush pass for the skin effect she had going on in the X-Men movies.

model_wip_11.jpg

Modelled her eyelashes and a snake arm band thingy too.
    model_wip_12.jpg
  • jam-i-am
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super- thanks, yes this is within mudbox, its actually one of the default lights(Late Afternoon) and one of the default shaders(Tan).

Blenderhead- that's a good question, to be completely honest i don't know as of yet because i haven't created his hands. however I'm sure i will have to adjust and fudge things to make it work.

arshlevon- thanks man, hahaha!! unless you want to cost insomniac a ton of money i wouldnt suggest that...hehe.. took way too long to model this, thanks for the consideration though.

nrek-thanks dude, as i mentioned to super when i get his hands in the scene i will be fudging and adjusting shit to fit, however at this time im not sure if it will fit, the holes seems a tad small.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    MoP- you are a beast. The best part is she isn't wearing an over the shoulder boulder holder (bra). Also, nice eyelashes.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished a laser rifle from a drawing someone else gave me

Based off of the last one here,
    Tools_of_the_Trade_by_innerabove.jpg

Number3-a.jpgNumber3-b.jpgNumber3-c.jpgNumber3-d.jpgNumber3-e.jpg

Stock a bit screwed up, and too many vertices in the front on top of the gun. Dunno how to fix that, I guess just not have them so tightly together, but that was the look of the gun.
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    Vitor wrote: »
    Almost done, was a good practise. Next time I need to add more surface detail or it ends up a bit plastic eh?

How do you guys manage good skin details on the diffuse?

86526848.jpg

Thats such a fucking amazing piece to my eyes. As for superficial detail, i'd suggest maybe trying some more prominent pores and stubble. that kind of thing, if you want it on the normal map, you could maybe get away with painting as a height and converting.
    The tones are seriously beautiful.
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Screwing around with Lobster Johnson's gun:

lj_screen_014.jpg

There are still a lot of details that I need to model, but it's coming along pretty will. I've never modeled a gun before, so there's been a bit of a learning curve. I don't look forward to modeling the ejection port.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I've been really lazy on this thing - about 6-7 hours in but its taken closer to 13 or so since I am slacking like crazy - Too much internet, not enough self discipline. It's fun though when I get in the groove :)

Haven't done a detail pass on the legs yet, gonna take the flat areas into zBrush to sculpt some cool shit as soon as I figure out what that cool shit is.

Probably gonna re-work some of the bits in the back as I make more progress, but I need to flesh it out more first.

dreadprogress.jpg
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    n88tr wrote: »
    Finished a laser rifle from a drawing someone else gave me

Based off of the last one here,
    Tools_of_the_Trade_by_innerabove.jpg

Number3-a.jpgNumber3-b.jpgNumber3-c.jpgNumber3-d.jpgNumber3-e.jpg

Stock a bit screwed up, and too many vertices in the front on top of the gun. Dunno how to fix that, I guess just not have them so tightly together, but that was the look of the gun.

Post a screen without the wires. It looks like you've got the top all wrong - they have it drawn as a curved surface breaking away in the back to the venting, you've got some sort of weird triangular prism thing.

Where'd you get the concepts from? They look sexy fun.
  • AshleyTayles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshleyTayles polycounter lvl 9
    Nothing too special, work of about 3 hours.

Screenshot.jpg
  • Acumen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Acumen polycounter lvl 18
    man, so many years, since i last posted a model of mine. just been browsing your awesome works and saving them to my reference folder :D
    at the moment i'm working only on custom models for tf2 (because i can't handle all these nifty next-gen-uber-stuff :()and this shall be my latest addition:

lifesaver_ingame.jpg

edit: meh, i'm always last poster :D
    did a quick color change, since someone requested a "neutral" version as well.
    lifesaver_neutral.jpg
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    got the acrylic bug again... 5 hrs monday night (still wip... also my camera blows)

tallpaints.jpg
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Dude Ferg that is sick! I really like the super narrow canvas that you went with. Nice work.:thumbup:
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    great stuff, Ferg.
  • Rens
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    he he nice ferg. it's a real painting:)

character looks great rollin

GCMP, her face is a little masculine and her left arm looks a bit off to me. nice overall though
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    hey mop.. looks realy cool! and blue ;) .. curious how you'll make the low for all these hair/jewellery

n88tr you should learn how to make clean lowpolys or clean highpolys.. what you're creating atm is neither
  • PieJesu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saiga 12, mid poly.

untitled.41.jpg
    I think I'll be pumping more polygons in the barrel but, the stock, closest to the viewer. Not too sure if I should add more there.

untitled.39.jpg

Weird shading errors at the stock but that's just the renderer.

Need to half the amount of verts I'm using when I do up the low poly.

Going to concentrate on the sillhouette which is why I'm thinking I won't need more polys at the stock in the first person view but, I might be wrong.
    Will the normal map cloak it when I bake down a high poly?

Adjusted the front sight so it didn't appear spindly and fragile, breaking an otherwise flowing sillhouette.

Straightened the grip so the barrel doesn't appear to dip down.

I'll be doing a funky draw and reload animation hence the right side is modelled fully. It's for the Source Engine.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
    jam-i-am wrote: »
    hey guys did some more work on my gungrave entry. go easy on the gun crits, I'm not as proficient at hard surface models.

Grave-Face.jpg

Grave-Shirt2.jpg

Grave-proportion.jpg

Grave-Guns.jpg

I m sry if this sounds rude but his face doesen't match his hair. theres just something about him that makes him look awkard as grave. but i like u high poly for the gun
  • okkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okkun polycounter lvl 18
    Ferg wrote: »
    got the acrylic bug again... 5 hrs sunday night (still wip... also my camera blows)

tallpaints.jpg

Don't forget to put your files on the server, and post the wires & UV pls
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    hey ferg, you ever sell your paintings? (very cool dude)
  • Bruno Afonseca
    Nothing too special, work of about 3 hours.

Screenshot.jpg

That's way better than your previous entry. Color choice is kinda bad imo. Red writing on turquoise background is hard on the eyes. Chose either one to be saturated - Door or sign.

If you throw some specular in there, and put wear where it belongs, it's gonna get MUCH better, believe me. Try to think about how the door works, how it slides, where it's most likely to be strached. You put a lot of wear on the yellow-and-black stripes, but does it make sense? Is this door exposed to the weather? And the handprint reader is coming out of a grate. Put some dirt where surfaces meet, where it's more likely to build up.
  • HellMark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HellMark polycounter lvl 18
    Love me some Darkwatch. :)
    Calling the high poly done unless anyone has crits. Thanks.

WagonFront.jpg
  • MALicivs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MALicivs polycounter lvl 15
    heres an illustration I did yesterday based on a children's story a friend of mine wrote.
    its about a wolf that stared a lot at the moon. and then he dies. humm...

lobo_e_a_lua.jpg
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    nice work ted. love the can of Ranier riding shotgun. :)
  • wasker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wasker polycounter lvl 7
    Hellmark, cool ride.

I got wood, 100% handpainted. the normalmap doesnt show very well though :( its like 40 polys

gotwood.jpg
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice illustration MALicivs, saved to my disk :)

I'm working on a Porsche for subD exercise, here's the (wip) wheel after some hours of work:

wheel01.jpg
  • mat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mat
    ferg that painting is fantastic!
  • MALicivs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MALicivs polycounter lvl 15
    ah, thanks EmAr.
  • kite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite polycounter lvl 17
    top work guys, that's a really cool gungrave Jam-i-am!
  • pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    PieJesu wrote: »
    Saiga 12, mid poly.

untitled.41.jpg
    I think I'll be pumping more polygons in the barrel but, the stock, closest to the viewer. Not too sure if I should add more there.

untitled.39.jpg

Weird shading errors at the stock but that's just the renderer.

Need to half the amount of verts I'm using when I do up the low poly.

Going to concentrate on the sillhouette which is why I'm thinking I won't need more polys at the stock in the first person view but, I might be wrong.
    Will the normal map cloak it when I bake down a high poly?

Adjusted the front sight so it didn't appear spindly and fragile, breaking an otherwise flowing sillhouette.

Straightened the grip so the barrel doesn't appear to dip down.

I'll be doing a funky draw and reload animation hence the right side is modelled fully. It's for the Source Engine.

That isn't the standard stock for a Saiga 12, its a after-market mod. If you wanted to save some polys you could put the standard stock on it. Since it would be a FPS model you wouldn't notice the difference.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    wasker wrote: »
    Hellmark, cool ride.

I got wood, 100% handpainted. the normalmap doesnt show very well though :( its like 40 polys

gotwood.jpg

I love your wood. :) What's the texture size?
  • PieJesu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania wrote: »
    That isn't the standard stock for a Saiga 12, its a after-market mod. If you wanted to save some polys you could put the standard stock on it. Since it would be a FPS model you wouldn't notice the difference.

Yeah. That was mentioned at NRP and I took their advice.

Everything on the weapon at the moment is out of the box apart from the stock. Wanted it to be a slightly more tactical edition, like the tromix.

Fitted the standard stock on and it does look better.

untitled.54.jpg
  • Tocxeig
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    wasker, that's tasty!
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    I had this stupid idea... I still wanna play around with it more, maybe edit the proportions a bit. Based off the original sprite.
    frogconceptwip.jpg

Anyone think it's worth developing into a little low/high model? i figure itd be a quick one to sculpt up.

EDIT: messed with the proportions, drew a sword (lol) and started on the side view. Didn't think it warranted another post

frogconceptwip.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    chrono trigger ftw!
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    Harry, that looks badass :P
This discussion has been closed.