Replies

• Heathmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson wrote: »
    2008-10-23.gif

at least he's not a bumbling idiot like the last one :/

Wish more people thought like this.

I dont care really, if Obama is really what he is for then it feels so great to be behind him and his movement. I just highly doubt anything good will come from him in the end. And im not a McCain supporter either.

But just thinking the way I do its just another bought and paid for person. Again just my view of the whole thing. It doesnt matter who you vote for or whatever, its all been pre decided and the person has been chosen. Its whoever has the most money that cause the worlds problems and events. If you deal with the CFR your basically a greedy filled bastard only doing things for your own personal agenda and gain.

I just wish more people listened to George Carlin.... (sigh) :\

I leave you with a qoute...

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free"
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85zDTCduUA[/ame][/QUOTE]

I *think I just heard him say obama was the british empire. W00T!
    about time we got that up and running again
  • ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    rooster wrote: »
    I *think I just heard him say obama was the british empire. W00T!
    about time we got that up and running again

you mean the murdering, destorying and genocide commiting british empire?

naa thanks, I'll pass.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18

I dont care really, if Obama is really what he is for then it feels so great to be behind him and his movement. I just highly doubt anything good will come from him in the end. And im not a McCain supporter either.

But just thinking the way I do its just another bought and paid for person. Again just my view of the whole thing. It doesnt matter who you vote for or whatever, its all been pre decided and the person has been chosen. Its whoever has the most money that cause the worlds problems and events. If you deal with the CFR your basically a greedy filled bastard only doing things for your own personal agenda and gain.

What are you saying here? That Obama's win was bought by the Council on Foreign Relations? If so, what are you basing that on?

If the CFR was buying candidates, wouldn't they prefer McCain? Dick Cheney and George Bush the elder are both life members of the group, and the membership is largely conservative. And if you believe all presidents are predetermined, that means the group already bought Bill Clinton - wouldn't they prefer his wife, someone they have leverage over, than a newbie like Obama? Hillary and McCain are both CFR members, so I'd expect they would get dibs before a guy with just four years on the national stage.

At any rate, it's a matter of record that Obama raised roughly $700 million during the campaign, with roughly half of that coming from small donors ($200 or less per contribution.) He wouldn't need the backing of some devious Illuminati-style organization to bankroll his run, and even if he did get their money, it amounted to much less than the summed individual contributions of millions of Americans.
  • Heathmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vermilion wrote: »
    What are you saying here? That Obama's win was bought by the Council on Foreign Relations? If so, what are you basing that on?

If the CFR was buying candidates, wouldn't they prefer McCain? Dick Cheney and George Bush the elder are both life members of the group, and the membership is largely conservative. And if you believe all presidents are predetermined, that means the group already bought Bill Clinton - wouldn't they prefer his wife, someone they have leverage over, than a newbie like Obama? Hillary and McCain are both CFR members, so I'd expect they would get dibs before a guy with just four years on the national stage.

At any rate, it's a matter of record that Obama raised roughly $700 million during the campaign, with roughly half of that coming from small donors ($200 or less per contribution.) He wouldn't need the backing of some devious Illuminati-style organization to bankroll his run, and even if he did get their money, it amounted to much less than the summed individual contributions of millions of Americans.

Sorry I didnt want to make it seem to say Obama was bought and paid by CFR. I was just agreeing with the comic strip.

Again this will just turn into an argument on who has the most fact and the most knowledge of politics or whatever have you... So I don't want to defend my statement... I just know I just feel its doesn't matter who you vote for nothing ever changes.

Again I wouldnt be surprised if another bad event happens in this country in the next 6 months or so. Wether it be a outbreak or an assassination or some event that will get Americans all rallied up again.

I just dislike CFR and such... no im not a conspiracy theorist, I just take things with a grain of salt and I don't always take the first thing im told as truth.

Again this can be a whole huge argument and what have you, but I don't wanna argue with anyone... I mean if Obama is and really is what he stands for then I like that idea... If he isn't and things are just going to be the same and therefore I just dont care anymore.

I mean to me the system is corrupt....

George Carlin says it best in my opinion..
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI5EY5kqiBU[/ame]
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    what i truly fear is that obama gets shot, JFK style.
    there's plenty of hickster nutjobs out there.
    there's already been 5 arrested, but its probably a lot more out there.
    Again this will just turn into an argument on who has the most fact and the most knowledge of politics or whatever have you...

because you know you will lose that argument?
  • Heathmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf wrote: »
    because you know you will lose that argument?

No cause I dont care to win arguments... I dislike arguing and bickering about something. All people do is try to make their argument sound better when they try and show more proof or knowledge of the topic or argument at hand.

I dont argue cause I have no reason to... I just meant that if I had kept going on that it would have just turned into an argument.

Cause peoples egos and ignorance would flare and then this forum would have then been flooded with arguments and people defending their beliefs and blah blah blah..

So thats why I choose to never argue... never gets you anywhere...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    what i truly fear is that obama gets shot, JFK style.
    there's plenty of hickster nutjobs out there.
    there's already been 5 arrested, but its probably a lot more out there.

Thats honestly been my concern also. I brought up the question to my wife, what if he was shot during his acceptance speech in Chicago? It's sad that the environment still exists to make something like that cross my mind.

I don't know if it's just the media hard-on for Obama, but it seems that I'm hearing him doing a lot more in preparation that I've ever hear from any previous Presidential-elect. Either way, I'm glad to see so much preparation already.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18

You wish MORE people were cynical and pessimistic?

I think we have enough of that in this world as is now, personally. I'd rather see more people be optimistic and hopeful, even if cautiously so.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    notman wrote: »
    Thats honestly been my concern also. I brought up the question to my wife, what if he was shot during his acceptance speech in Chicago? It's sad that the environment still exists to make something like that cross my mind.

I don't know if it's just the media hard-on for Obama, but it seems that I'm hearing him doing a lot more in preparation that I've ever hear from any previous Presidential-elect. Either way, I'm glad to see so much preparation already.

It will only happen to those who advocate peaceful foreign policies imo.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    You wish MORE people were cynical and pessimistic?

I think we have enough of that in this world as is now, personally. I'd rather see more people be optimistic and hopeful, even if cautiously so.

From my perspective, everyone that I know who were depressed, disappointed and pessimistic about Bush's administration are now, many for the first time in their lives, hopeful and optimistic about the government/country.
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    Obama's victory is resonating all over the world.
    USA is one of the worlds biggest markets, the last time USA went into a deep depression, people all over the world starved, and then WW2 happened.
  • The Master Elite
    This will be my sole post on the topic, as I'd prefer not to argue about something that is as slippery as politics.

But personally, I can sum up that, even if McCain had been elected, the next 4 years can be sumarized into two simple words:

We're doomed.

I've always wanted to be doomed...this is the chance of a lifetime! :poly101:
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    USA is one of the worlds biggest markets, the last time USA went into a deep depression, people all over the world starved, and then WW2 happened...

... and all the hungry people in Europe starved AND then where blown up by areal bombardment, while the rest of the hungry people just starved.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    talk about over simplification.
    chrizz1 wrote: »
    you mean the murdering, destorying and genocide commiting british empire?

naa thanks, I'll pass.

You mean the same British Empire that after giving up on the USA, banned slavery and blocked slave ships bound for the USA at sierra leone? The British Empire is a very complex story, but a lot of good came from it. Namely the political system most developed countries enjoy today, free trade, financial markets, English and tea!
    USA is one of the worlds biggest markets, the last time USA went into a deep depression, people all over the world starved, and then WW2 happened.

hmm. The great depression created Hitler!

Now I've mentioned the nazi's, by theory this thread should die.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    hawken wrote: »
    talk about over simplification.

You mean the same British Empire that after giving up on the USA, banned slavery and blocked slave ships bound for the USA at sierra leone? The British Empire is a very complex story, but a lot of good came from it. Namely the political system most developed countries enjoy today, free trade, financial markets, English and tea!

hmm. The great depression created Hitler!

Now I've mentioned the nazi's, by theory this thread should die.

Tea Came from India and China and they were drinking it long before the british came along and put milk and sugar in it.

and I love how you talk about the british stopping slavery .. makes me laugh ..

The British empire was soley responsible for the Opium wars in China, forcing the chinese to legalise the trade in Opium so the english could sell it to the Chinese population and make them drug addicts..

The British empire is also repsonsible for carving large parts of the world into puppet states that were designed to be of benefit to the british. Afghanistan Iran Iraq Kashmir all the fault of the british empire. then theres large areas of Africa that were devided by the english and if you look at a map of africa it looks like some one did it with a ruler ...

There is nothing honourable about the british empire and to see it as such is naive
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    rolfness wrote: »

There is nothing honourable about the british empire and to see it as such is naive

Gin and Tonic?
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Gin and Tonic?

LOL
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    christ i was only kidding..
    its not a good idea to point fingers where history is concerned though, most countries hands were pretty dirty in some way or another
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The British empire was solely responsible for the Opium wars in China, forcing the chinese to legalise the trade in Opium so the english could sell it to the Chinese population and make them drug addicts..

..We prolly missed a payment.

Btw Opium really got serious in the latter part when the restrictions got more and more lax.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Good, I'm glad, he sounded like the most down to earth and truthful candidate to me but the most important thing is what he said made more sense than any of the others. McCain came across as a suck up that enjoyed brown nosing for points and digging for filth, he makes damn good fries tho :/
  • snemmy