Alright, so i see time and time again that people tend have trouble doing certain things with hard-shapes and sub-d modeling. So i thought i would try something out here. I'm going to open this up to let people post a reference image of a simple, yet complicated shape(no motorcycles or tanks or stuff like that). And i will try, or maybe some of our other members can help out in this too, to give an example mesh. We'll see how it goes.
I'll make a few simple rules;
First off, if you would like help with a certain shape all you have to do is this:
1. Post an image, this can be either an example of a model you're struggling with, or simply a reference image of something you dont know how to approach.
2. You'll get better/faster help if you Include your attempt... both unsmoothed with a wireframe overlay, and smoothed with or without wires.
And secondly, if you would like to help out:
1. Include an image that has a wireframe overlay of the mesh, unsmoothed, and a smoothed shot as well with or without wires.
2. Include the object as .obj. If you do not have webhosting, simply zip the file and attach it to your post.
3. Multiple people can contribute to the same ref, if you think you have a better way, feel free to post. This is all about sharing ideas.Subdivision Surface Modeling
on the Polycount WikiShared: My Technical Talk content
by PernaHow u model dem shapes? Image Ripped!