Home General Discussion

Whats your IQ score...?

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
Hello, have your ever taken an IQ test? At least some internet longer one that might have looked like it might have some information and value in it?

What score did you got?

Only "Graphic people" need apply - 3D, 2D, animators etc. (if its graphic, its allowed - we dont like programmers :-) )

(reason for asking - just curious... i think 3D design especially and animating etc. are populated with people with a bit higher IQ, lets see if my personal hypothesis is somewhat correct :-) )

thank you

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <90
    i rule on every benchmark.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    @Jonathan85
    Do you have an IQ test you can recommend that is free and well verified?

What do you have against programmers?
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    People with high IQ's understand the value of lying to make themselves look better. Dummies do the same thing, though they don't understand why.

Me? I'm a genius, whichever number that is.

Seriously though, I feel the only utility of this is to pat oneself on the back. "I'm a member of an excluuuusive club!"

Every smart person understands that the entire breadth of what they know and can possibly know is very little. Only morons think they understand anything. Thus, a smart person is eternally humble, and thus they are constantly learning. Like an infant. 

Also, knowledge is essentially useless on it's own. If it is not passed on through generations, it's junk. So comparing yourself to others doesn't do anybody any good, and it may make you less likely to share and spread what you've learned. 
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    101-110
    Sounds about right. 

• fdfxd2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fdfxd2 interpolator
    >141
    my iq is 200 i swear

Edit: But seriously, I've got an IQ of 131 apparently

Which  is BS because I'm usually the dumbest person in the room where ever I go.

Why do we care so much about IQ anyway? 

I can see in this thread that we've all met people with supposedly high IQs but are as dumb as a plank, online and offline.

So we all know it's a meaningless number, but society(or maybe just a collection of online neckbeards) makes it out as this number that will define everything about you.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    Some of the thickest people I’ve ever met have “better than average IQs”. It wouldn’t surprise me if Trumps claims about his own are true. 

Its utter bollocks 
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <90
    @Jonathan85

I don't believe that there are any free/online IQ tests that mean anything when compared to any other testing, there's plenty of argument over that around the net, and most people suggest going to a psychologist to be tested if it's important to a person. There may be merit in determining some area of deficiency in a person's mind/ability, but you need a norm to compare against. Anything else is just self congratulation.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Public poll haha.

Let's make a new subforum for high IQ people. Only one topic allowed: penis tanks.
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    131-140
    earnestly happy to be in the Valuemeal bracket
  • Jonathan85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    @Jonathan85

I dont, you have to google yourself :-), i took two internet ones in my native language, seemed like they might be a bit "serious" (eg. have some value in them for determining my IQ, i have never taken proper IQ test in some organization), But i think thats most people, thats why i permin "internet test" to have at least some results :-)

Programmers are the evil of this world! :-) what do you have to even ask :-).
    No but serious - i just want results for GRAPHIC people, thats why i wouldnt like any other profesion to vote.
    (Besides no matter what IQ on average graphic people will have (lets see the results), programmer will have higher IMHO.
  • Jonathan85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    To all the "IQ means nothing, its not important, its hard to measure online etc,". Firstly - less philosophing, more VOTING! :-) Spread it to your graphic friends. Secondly-  you are wrong. Google more about it :-).

Thirdly- I just realized, of my friend who works in Graphic Design (3D) and i know about his IQ - its 14x (something, like 142 i think)

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    <90
    I zust lik 2 make characterz!
  • Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    <90
    Ok, more seriously, if you think you have a high IQ, chances are, you're just a dumbass!
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    I've taken one for a psychology student back in the day. It was based on my skill set and compared to other people with my educational/social background (data base was based on German speaking countries and shared among universities) to see what job / higher education would be fitting for me. I got results for ~13 topics (logic, understanding of 3d, understanding language, short and mid-term memory,...) - they were measured how well you did compared to others who made the test and not in IQ-numbers, since those are highly questioned by experts and mostly viewed as antiquated... but naturally those were not some random test on the internet that definitely have some very very serious results...
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Small IQ, big wiener. Lives a happy life.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    To all the "IQ means nothing, its not important, its hard to measure online etc,". Firstly - less philosophing, more VOTING! :-) Spread it to your graphic friends. Secondly-  you are wrong. Google more about it :-).

Thirdly- I just realized, of my friend who works in Graphic Design (3D) and i know about his IQ - its 14x (something, like 142 i think)

Not to be rude, but most online IQ tests fudge the results to give higher numbers than a real IQ test would, in order to make the taker feel good about it and spread it around to their friends. Any of the ones I've encountered have about as much value as a Facebook personality test.
    On top of which, even legitimate IQ tests are fundamentally flawed, because "intelligence" isn't some simple thing that that can be summarized by a single number. When most people think of "intelligence", they're thinking of comprehension or learning ability. But there are many facets to a person's mind, and it's rare to be good at all of them.
    You might be great at learning new things, but have the short term memory of a goldfish.
    You might have trouble understanding puzzles, but be able to navigate through a restaurant with your eyes closed because of how accurately you could memorize the layout and grasp relative positions.
    Someone with a full-on learning disability could have an eidetic memory.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    ... or like one guy i know, have an 'official' IQ of over 140, have a phd in one very specific sub-branch of a sub-branch of a particular science, but not be able to dress himself or understand the simplest thing outside of his job. He's not intelligent, he's a fucking plank.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    <90
    @Zack Maxwell  Yeah, every IQ test I've done online gave me a score of around 125. I'm not dumb, but 125 is pretty above average, considering 50% of the population is <100. All my friend's got scores above 120. Online IQ tests are ineffective.
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    121-130
    IQ tests.. are shit. My dad and i Did IQ tests, i landed between 120-130 and him 110-120. AND HE IS WAAAAAAAAAAY SMARTER THEN ME. Just saying. 

Annnnd.. The tests differ, but they are very simple and easy to plow threw. Even for a none english speaker as myself. 

Mensa Workout - quiz

Your score: 100%!

You took the "Mensa Workout" quiz and were awarded 30/30 marks

Anyone with an IQ in the top 2% of the population cain join Mensa.."

• Jonathan85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    GUYS!!! Im disgusted... you actually DID sabotage my little IQ poll here, shame on you :-). I dont believe there are 7 people who have IQ of 90 or less :-)!

But if you dont take these obvious trolls into account  than it quites proves what i thought. Graphic people should have higher then average IQ...

nice finding.

Somebody now write a scientific review on this :-).
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    GUYS!!! Im disgusted... you actually DID sabotage my little IQ poll here, shame on you :-). I dont believe there are 7 people who have IQ of 90 or less :-)!

But if you dont take these obvious trolls into account  than it quites proves what i thought. Graphic people should have higher then average IQ...

nice finding.

Go ask random people anywhere and see how the results compare.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Studies show that someone's IQ directly correlates to whether or not they add little noses to smiley faces.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    <90
    We choose to go into a field where we need to study as much as any doctor but without getting any of the benefits, we can't be too smart ;)
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    On top of which, even legitimate IQ tests are fundamentally flawed, because "intelligence" isn't some simple thing that that can be summarized by a single number. 
    dont deny the science of g
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    101-110

3D art is an incredibly deep and complex and subject, it requires more patience than perhaps sheer intellect to understand.

The first time I booted up UDK back around 2011, I didn't know how this was a tool used by artists. It felt like input button after input button before you even got to the "can I actually make art with it?" part.

Now years later, I have perhaps 100 bookmarks and notes saved dealing with PBR, polygon counts, lighting, texturing, compositing, blending, but I still feel like it's not enough. Anytime I try to talk about this stuff to ordinary people in real life, they completely zone out.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    <90
    Dosn't take more than a couple of brain cells too fire up yer favoured app 😨
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    <90
    Intelligence can come with age, experiences and much more.  Some people in all honestly even if they went to school seem to always remain a little on the dumb side; sure they throw they diploma in peoples faces but when the person walks away they may comment that the diploma didn't seem to do much good for them. 

• RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    If you have a life, you'll probably miss that @Chillydog3D is doing a play on the Rick & Morty meme.
  • alexsir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexsir triangle
    I've never taken an IQ test, but I can assure you I'm a stable genius.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    <90
    @JordanN They zone out because nobody wants to hear about normal maps and topology, not because of low IQ :D
  • dizzi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dizzi polycounter lvl 6
    <90
    We choose to go into a field where we need to study as much as any doctor but without getting any of the benefits, we can't be too smart ;)
    i never took an iq test but this influenced my decision.
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    >141
    no optin for 250 iq?? lol
    my mtofher aswasy sai i m speicl so i dontned to do eyq test.
    mothre alway rigt anywa

#blesd
    #lit
    #smart_as_fuc
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    <90

nice finding.

Oh, we were supposed to take this seriously? My bad. Why do you think that graphic people would have people with higher IQ than other groups?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All you <90 people are dumb because you obv don't GET IT.

It's US vs THEM! Everything is TRIBAL! The left-wing elites are poisoning our BABIES! I'm choking on my own SPIT!

;)
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    <90

nice finding.

eh..can't be that bummed out surely, coz you got smileys or am I too dumb to see tha obv...NO WAIT...doh!
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    131-140
    Things is only IQ test are not a real mesure since you have time to think and change what you would have rapidly answer in a real IQ test, most people would probably score -20 IQ on a real test.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    121-130
    Man, I hate math questions...

• Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    131-140
    PyrZern said:
    Man, I hate math questions...

I'm pretty sure tests like the MENSA are built so that anyone can take them, regardless of math skills.. So this makes it questionable >.>

• radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    polycount, what happened to you
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    Oh, we were supposed to take this seriously? My bad. Why do you think that graphic people would have people with higher IQ than other groups?

• Jakob Gavelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakob Gavelli interpolator
    If it's not an on-site overseen IQ test by Mensa or the like, I would say it's most definately bullshit. It's as useful as taking a facebook Harry Potter test and saying all "Graphic People" are, like, totally, Griffindor. 
    The irony is strong in this thread :p 
    Such a silly thing to even ask people about, haha, what is happening. I'm 300+ IQ for SURE!
    Not smart enough to leave it and not comment though!
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    It was all fun and games until the chart above informed me that I'm still dumber than my high school teachers. 

• Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    131-140
    Such a silly thing to even ask people about, haha, what is happening. I'm 300+ IQ for SURE!
    Not smart enough to leave it and not comment though!
    Any fixed capacity brings out strong insecurities
    I'm sure a poll about height would see all votes at >6'2" or <4'5" with half the responses denying the science of measurement
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666

"A computer with an IQ of 6000 - the same IQ as 6000 PE teachers"

or when he says 'do me a lemon, that's a poor IQ for a glass of water

not sure what my iq is - I am not that bright, but not totally dumb either - i have a piece of paper to prove it
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How big is ur dick tho
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    bigger than your IQ
  • valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    131-140
    One's quotient isn't important, 
    The only reason I know my quotient
    is because when I was younger teachers thought I was disabled.

The administration had me take several test and solve several puzzles within a fixed period  of time;  it turns out that I did much better than anticipated.
      It doesn't mean anything though, it's really just how fast you can solve puzzles and match objects; just the usual gaming business. 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz said:
    bigger than your IQ
    yah well joke's on you my IQ is like 5